Is Boma's breakfast THAT good??

DisneyMama409

Mouseketeer
Im still debating whether or not to get the QSDP which i loved or the regular Dining plan...I look through the menus and nothing really stands out for me. Boma looks like a really nice breakfast...and its buffet (double score!) My question is...is it really THAT good to travel all that way for a breakfast...I imagine coming from POP it's pretty lengthy...I would have to catch the bus from POP to the MK and than switch to a bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge...how long should that take? Will it be worth it ? Is there a faster way to get to the AKL from POP?

We ate at Boma on April 30, and we'd say it was worth it. However, there are lots of great breakfast places at WDW, so I'm sure you could get just as good a breakfast closer. Our attitude is "so many great places to eat-so little time."

Love visiting AK Lodge it is so pretty. We liked breakast but did not love it enough to book again. Dinner was more my liking, loved trying all new foods like that.

I wasn't that impressed with Boma. I mean it was fine, it wasn't bad at all, but I'm certain any buffet breakfast you go to in the World will be similar. If it's convenient then I would go again, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

BOMA, in my opinon, is fabulouso! Not only do you have traditional eggs and bacon, but lots of other offerings and an abundance of fresh fruits and pastries. The juice they give you is great too and only available there. I wouldn't miss it! I can tell you that last time we ate there, there was a line of people waiting to get in and we had ADR's so we whizzed right past them. I would be an ADR if possible.

Diane:thumbsup2

Wouldn't you be better off taking a bus to AK, then to AKL? Seems like MK would take you way out of the way (looking at a WDW property map).

We are making an ADR for breakfast at Bomas, but will be staying there. They do have several items unique to Bomas (including press-pot "real" coffee, African pastries, pap and wors, and corn beef bobotie??), per the menus (haven't tried them yet). Worth the travel? Not sure for breakfast alone, but you could spend LOTS of time wandering the resort afterward making it well worth your time.

I love Boma and it's definitely worth it to me, but it is a pain in the rear to get to if you rely on Disney transportation. You have to take a bus from your resort to any park, then another bus from that park to AKL. We usually wait at the AKL bus stop for about 10 minutes before a CM finally has to CALL a bus to come pick us up.

People have said that if you check with the front desk at your resort, they might be able to figure something out for you (maybe they can contact the bus dispatcher and have a bus pick you up directly at your resort :confused3) but I didn't learn about that until after we hoofed it all over property.

We've been 3x for dinner and 1x for breakfast. Breakfast is great for a buffet but dinner is GREAT.

I like the other poster's idea of taking a bus to AK and then getting on an AKL bus vs. going to the MK. Definitely would keep you in the same general area.

Also, AKL is a great resort to just relax at - look around, walk around the pool area, take in the savanna.......

We did Boma breakfast from Pop. We had a 7.30 ADR and ended up taking a taxi because there were no buses and we weren't prepared to play chicken any longer. Was it worth it? Not for me, no. DH liked it, DD and I weren't fussed with it. It was nice to see AKL and I'd go back to AKL but I'd try Sanaa for dinner next time.

We stayed at AKL and we loved Boma, but unfortunately, we didn't eat breakfast there, only dinner. We loved the dinner though and next time we plan on doing the breakfast!

If it were me, I would eat breakfast at Boma, tour AKL (because the Lodge in itself is BEAUTIFUL and worth a trip) and then go to AK after that, if you were wanting to do a park that day.

Personally, I'd skip Boma breakfast and go there for dinner. I liked the breakfast, but far prefer dinner.

Yes, it was worth it - the food is really good; imho much better than most of the on site restaurants.

Boma is one of those don't miss restaurants, but I'd go for the dinner buffet instead.

Never been for dinner, only breakfast. The food was delicious. There's a nice mix of really yummy traditional breakfast foods as well as some unique things to try. I loved the food, glad it was recommended to me because we will definitely be going back!

We had Easter Buffet Breakfast at Boma a couple of years ago. It was fantastic, and the visit to the Animal Kingdom Lodge was worth the trip by itself!

Pop is closer to the AKL than it is the Magic Kingdom. I'd hop on a bus to Epcot, DHS, or the AK and then transfer to a bus for the AKL from there. The MK is waaayyy out of your way.

Have a great time!

Boma breakfast was really good - I loved the goat cheese and chives scrambled eggs and the unique juice. When we went, from YC, we took a cab. It was a lot easier and fast. I think it cost about 10 bucks. If you're planning on going to AK one day in the moring, Boma breakfast isn't really out of the way so it would be a good choice for that day.

That being said, if i was to choose Boma for breakfast or dinner, i would 100% say Dinner, hands down. I would schedule it on a day your at AK. Leave the park around 2 or 3 (who could spend more time than that there) and head over to AKL. Then you have plenty of time to tour the hotel/property, which is a must, and have an early dinner ADR, 5ish?

I love Boma and the resort is beautiful. i have done breakfast there only dinner. We took the bus from all star music to AK and then took bus to AKL.

I love Boma for both meals and absolutely think it is worth the trip from your resort. It's a hike, but don't think of it as a journey simply for a meal. The Animal Kingdom Lodge is possibly the prettiest resort on property. It is a treat to spend time there exploring, absorbing the sights, sounds and smells. A trip to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and a breakfast at Boma is a fabulous way to spend a couple hours on a quiet Disney morning.

Boma breakfast is a "must do" for us. The plan for this trip is to sleep in, and have a late Boma breakfast on our rest day, with MNSSHP that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter