• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone else disgusted about the state of Hollywood Studios?

One problem with DHS and AK is that the corporate bigwigs let them unattended for so long. They both needed steady attention over the last 10 years but did not get it. I am guessing there must have been some nervousness over profitability of the parks division? At any rate, DHS still is a fun park for my family. We will eat at Primetime, ride the handful of rides that are there, see the BatB show, catch a few skits from the Citizens of Hollywood, do characterpalooza, and that's about it. We start late and finish early on a DHS day, but it is always a fun day. The cost of hoppers just doesn't make sense for us -paying $255 to hop over to MK for a few hours, so we usually spend the evening at DtD or the resort pool

DHS has usually been a half day park for me except during SWW. I ride TSMM, ToT, Star Tours, Muppets 3D, Animation Academy drawing class and sometimes see one show.
I have been eating lunch at either the Hollywood Brown Derby or 50's Prime Time Diner.
Then by 2pm I head over to Epcot usually. Sometimes I go back to DHS at night just to see Fantasmic but haven't done that in a few years.

I was just reading about everything Frozen-related going on at DHS. I wonder if they'll move activities such as these to Epcot after the new ride opens? It seems strange to have that separated.

They really need to incorporate Big Hero 6. We just finished watching it and it was SO good! Frozen isn't fit to dispense Baymax's scotch tape! I haven't laughed this hard at a movie in ages. The fist bump slayed me.

I like this idea! San fransokyo would be a cool, colorful setting.

Not a whole lot there for us either...TOT, GMR, RNRC, and maybe stick around/go back for Fantasmic....the shows need updates and there's just too much empty space. I can go to Disney World and skip AK, and only go there once every other trip, now I'm thinking of doing to the same for HS.

If you've never been to Hollywood Studios don't let posts like this one put you off of trying it at least one time. Many people love HS, and you might too.

For me I don't think I would mind the lack of attractions if the atmosphere and food were better. The atmosphere does nothing for me. That boat/dinosaur lake in the middle is just the worst. The park is so bland, no overall vibe at all. It feels like the attractions are themed pretty well (ToT is themed very well) but there's nothing tying them together. There's not enough of those little details that makes a Disney park feel like Disney. It also doesn't help I guess that I personally don't care at all for Art Deco style either. It reminds me of Miami Vice for some reason.

2018 does sound far away, but it is less than 3 years. Not really all that long. My real hope is once they get Pandora at AK done and this DHS re-do done, they'll get serious about doing something about Epcot Future World.

I just want to go :offtopic: for a second and say that I would like to see Future World turned into SanFranSokeo from Big Hero 6. They could keep the same attractions and add new ones. Turning the land area into the University and re-vamp the old attractions into the experiments the students do. I loved Big Hero 6 almost as much as I did Frozen (and gosh did I love that movie) so I would love to see Disney go big with it.

My personal favorite is the statements about great things coming to DHS. OK, Iger said Star Wars "would have a presence in the parks" Did he say what that meant precisely? Did he say which park? Dis he say when this "presence" was going to materialize? For all any of us know this statement could have meant a new gift shop being built in 10 years. Disney started shutting down DHS attractions last July and so far that's all they've done.

My personal favorite is the statements about great things coming to DHS. OK, Iger said Star Wars "would have a presence in the parks" Did he say what that meant precisely? Did he say which park? Dis he say when this "presence" was going to materialize? For all any of us know this statement could have meant a new gift shop being built in 10 years. Disney started shutting down DHS attractions last July and so far that's all they've done.

I wonder how much money they'll save on staff by having that many attractions shuttered for an extended period of time awaiting something new.

Disgusted no. Disappointed yes. However, it seems like they are doing some work to improve it. Adding an extra track to TSM and Changing up the GMR with TCM. So I am looking forward to some of the changes.

Some improvements will be coming besides that I think and I hope that it does grow and yet not change that classic movie feel in the front

Oh yes, definitely, if you are reading these boards and have never been to HS, I highly recommend it. For an older crowd, there's Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, any age for Toy Story, Star Wars, and for a newbie, the Indiana Jones Stunt Show is great and fun, too. Lights, Motor, etc is for any age as well, though it doesn't excite me all that much, but for car fans it's very good, and the driving is well done. For a younger crowd (I also recommend it to adults, too) there's the great movie ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Animation Studio, Jedi Training Academy, Muppets 3D, Frozen sing along, Disney Jr and always a great favorite, Beauty and the Beast. Fantasmic is a great way to end the day (do not blow a fast pass on it, though, all seating is good imo). And what child wouldn't love a picture in Cinderella's golden carriage, or to meet Baymax and Hiro. There are other meet and greet opportunities, too. I also love One Man's Dream.
For those of us who have been again and again, it doesn't hold the same interest. I would go for a half day, if for no other reason than to do ToT, RnR, Beauty and the Beast, Animation, Toy Story.

Disgusted no. Disappointed yes. However, it seems like they are doing some work to improve it. Adding an extra track to TSM and Changing up the GMR with TCM. So I am looking forward to some of the changes.

Some improvements will be coming besides that I think and I hope that it does grow and yet not change that classic movie feel in the front
I think TSMM has a planned date, but GMR is another thing that was announced but no set date. Could be another 5-10 years at the rate Disney moves.

I wonder how much money they'll save on staff by having that many attractions shuttered for an extended period of time awaiting something new.
I think that was the objective. Save money now and improvements waaay down the road.

Can you believe the people they allowed in DHS this weekend?
11091387_10152813531758691_8574382697748704777_n.jpg

CBJ-3csUYAAOynF.jpg

I think TSMM has a planned date, but GMR is another thing that was announced but no set date. Could be another 5-10 years at the rate Disney moves.

Well they did say Spring? Now which year I have no idea. Seriously Disney can you move more like a glacier.

DHS and AK have always been half day parks for me. I like DHS but only for a few rides, a quick meal at Sci Fiand Osbourne Lights. I like AK, but am OVER IT by 2pm and ready to go to the HDDR ( that is what I do on my AK half days this year I might do Pirate and Pals Cruise instead). I usually only do 5 day trips so I skip AK or DHS every trip, alternating which park I skip each trip. I actually LIKE that DHS and AK are half day parks though. Since MK and Epcot are 2 day parks ( AT LEAST) it gives me more time to spend at the resort or other attractions ( Boardwalk, DTD, shows) each evening. I am a total commando in recovery though. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter