Irritated already!

My window just opened last night for our Nov 13-20 trip we are a party of 5 and I was able to get A&E at the end of our trip and 7Dwarf for the 3 days we will be at MK. I checked the dibb to see what dates had availablity for what before Midnight hit and started with the A&E at the end and went from there.

Are you people nuts?????? I am paying good money to go there! I love Disney, but yes, it irritates me that to bump sales they give free dining making the slow times crowded! If I started picking Fastpasses three days after it opened up then shame on me, but 7:30am. That's ridiculous!

Actually, yes. All of us who book ADRs 6 months in advance and stay up until midnight or later to book FPs would qualify to be categorized under the official psychiatric definition of "nuts".

All hope is not lost. 7DMT can still be ridden at rope drop or before park close without ridiculous long waits.

I have a trip planned for Nov 11th-Nov17th. I DID NOT get free dining because I booked it back in May. Anyway, fast passes opened up Sat morning. I got online to pick then at 7:30am and 7DM was already gone and so were Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet. I'm angry! I am paying for my food and can't get what I want, but the people not paying get want they want! Seems like a flawed system to me! Do you think calling Disney will help, or is it a waste of time????

As an FYI, and maybe this has been mentioned already, but even if you've already booked a Disney vacation, if free dining opens up you can modify your existing reservation to include it (depending on availability of course). We've done this a couple of times.

Also, sorry to hear about your frustration with the FP+ system. You are not alone.

7DMT can still be ridden standby early or late without HUGE lines.

Dan

Not getting a fast pass doesn't mean you miss the attraction. Getting free food doesn't really give you a giant discount, you probably got better with a good room discount.

In my experience, as people start to cancel out trips they couldnt' finish paying off, things open up. Just because it wasn't there today doesn't mean you can't end up getting it before your there and not getting it doesnt' exclude you from riding it just reduces which lines you do your waiting in.

Edited to add: If everyone is old enough, you can pay your way onto these rides with the VIP Ultimate Thrills tour or a VIP tour guide if your willing to drop money for no lines. That is the only you paid for special treatment disney offers.

I'm really sorry that you're irritated but maybe next time book with a TA so they can automatically apply that FD discount when it comes out. It's something you can also do on your own. Also the FP+ thing does suck, no one should have to get up at 12am to book them but people do so that's now the game you have to play to get what you want.
However just keep checking back you never know what will become available. Also if it's possible to break your party up and then book over lapping times for FP+ might work. Last year we were able to score a FP for Anna/Elsa the same day it was later at night but totally worth it and so awesome.

Just don't give up!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip regardless of all this.

Is there a reason you didn't get the Free Dining, since you seem to resent those who did? Even if you booked early, you could have switched to the free dining offer when it came out.

And, I'm sorry, but the "I'm paying good money" argument would only work if no one else was. Don't you think every single person staying in a Disney resort is paying the same good money you are? Why are you more entitled than they are?????

I didn't realize folks that got free dining didn't really get it for free!

Are you people nuts?????? I am paying good money to go there! I love Disney, but yes, it irritates me that to bump sales they give free dining making the slow times crowded! If I started picking Fastpasses three days after it opened up then shame on me, but 7:30am. That's ridiculous!

Ummm. This is business 101.

We are doing 11-13 to 11-18 and this has been the toughest trip we've had out of 20+ trips in the last 15 years for making reservations. I was online last night at 12:01am to make fastpasses and couldn't get 7DMT either for the day we wanted. Anna & Elsa was gone too, but we were'nt really looking for that. The dinning reservations have been the big problem. I booked pretty close to 180 days and still only have our second choices for several night.

This week has been a historically low attendance week and i'm kinda worried it's going to be really busy.
This makes me feel better that I forgot to look until 5:30 this morning, and couldn't get 7DMT :-) thank you! Those are my exact dates also.
Funny though, my mid August trip at midnight, I was able to get 7DMT for all 3 days I wanted, and could have had A&E also if I wanted.

Actually, yes. All of us who book ADRs 6 months in advance and stay up until midnight or later to book FPs would qualify to be categorized under the official psychiatric definition of "nuts".

All hope is not lost. 7DMT can still be ridden at rope drop or before park close without ridiculous long waits.

LOL! You know, there's actually some truth to that!!!

Is there a reason you didn't get the Free Dining, since you seem to resent those who did? Even if you booked early, you could have switched to the free dining offer when it came out.

And, I'm sorry, but the "I'm paying good money" argument would only work if no one else was. Don't you think every single person staying in a Disney resort is paying the same good money you are? Why are you more entitled than they are?????

Yes! That's my point! I probably should have worded it differently, but my problem is with the Fast pass system, not the people getting free dining.

How do you think it should work to solve the problem?

The day the fast passes open up they should only allow so many to pick in the first couple of hours and stagger the opening amounts throughout the days. Some of us work at midnight!

Yes! That's my point! I probably should have worded it differently, but my problem is with the Fast pass system, not the people getting free dining.

It appears that was your original complaint, but after reading people's responses you have changed your stance. Your original post was pretty clear. "I'm angry! I am paying for my food and can't get what I want, but the people not paying get want they want! Seems like a flawed system to me!".

Anyway, I'm sure something will open up for you. How many are in your party?

The day the fast passes open up they should only allow so many to pick in the first couple of hours and stagger the opening amounts throughout the days. Some of us work at midnight!

But it's the same with most "ticketed" things that are desirable. Concert tickets work the same way. It seems like an unnecessary complication to have staggered release of fast passes like that. First come first served. Now, I COULD see them coming out with "tiers" where people with certain status/ownership get their own bucket of FP. Maybe something set aside for DVC or AP people. They already have it for 30/60 day for offsite/onsite. I could see some additional tiers being added to that.

Exactly! I am paying almost $4000 for a family a four and am only staying in a Moderate. Not all of us can go every year and drop that kind of money!

And you are not the only one dropping that kind of money. Everyone is looking for that perfect vacation and doing what they can to make it so. Based on your signature, you've been to WDW before and have been on these boards for quite some time. You should be somewhat ahead of the curve with planning. Free Dining for example is a hot topic here and watched by multiple threads in anticipation of its release. You are going during Free Dining. If it was something you wanted, the info on how to get it was readily available to you. Yes, sometimes things just don't go your way and you don't a coveted ADR or FP but that isn't Disney's fault or the fault of those taking advantage of available discounts.
The system doesn't look at how much you paid for your trip verses the next family. And, believe me, many people pay a lot more than you have and still won't get 7DMT & A & E meet & greet for those dates.

I guess it is a matter of how important it is to you. I took a 1/2 vacation day on my ADR day to make sure I could be on at 5:45 am and spend as much time as I needed. I got every one I wanted even BOG and CRT. If I had waited till I got home no, I wouldn't because I checked. I figured it was worth it ( I also took a 1/2 day when FD opened up to get it). By the way I have 2 rooms with FD and 6 people that are eating free, but calculating our entire cost for this trip, it's over $9000, so id love to know what cost you paid to say you should get FP before us:confused3

Well AFAIC 7DMT is a waste of a FP. It wasn't good enough to use up a FP on and the regular queue is much more interesting than either the FP+ queue or the ride itself...so I plan on trying to get it at park close if we ride it at all.

So we could take advantage of FD I put DD on a co-workers reservation for our Nov trip. One of the drawbacks is she is on their MDE account so I lose control of her FPs. Our window opens at midnight tonight. We plan to make our FPs at work tomorrow morning and the only real concern I have is getting FPs for 7DMT. Fingers crossed.

So we could take advantage of FD I put DD on a co-workers reservation for our Nov trip. One of the drawbacks is she is on their MDE account so I lose control of her FPs. Our window opens at midnight tonight. We plan to make our FPs at work tomorrow morning and the only real concern I have is getting FPs for 7DMT. Fingers crossed.

I musts be missing something, but not sure what you mean by that.

And do you have your accounts linked? If so, one person could make the FPs for everyone at midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter