Iron on disney decals for shirts

kandb

DIS Veteran
I bought everyone in my family a colored shirt to match their magicband. I want to iron on a nice Disney decal. Does anyone know any stores/websites that sell them? I haven't ironed in a few years, hope I don't mess it up when I iron them on. :goodvibes

I made my own designs on the computer, went to Staples and bought iron-on transfers that go into my printer. They sell 2 kinds -- one for light coloured clothing and one for dark coloured clothing. Super easy to use and it meant our designs were totally original. Have fun!

You can find TONS of cute designs - both customizable T-Shirts and decals for purchase on Etsy, and here on the DIS, there is a forum of creative DIS-igners who have a large selection that out of their generosity of time and talents, will customize for free. Additionally, there's lots of cute clip art available on the web to make your own design.

If you decide to make your own shirts (which it sounds like you want to do), I found "professional" quality transfer paper on Amazon and it works SO much better than the Michael's/Walmart/regular store brands do. Search for "jet opaque heat transfer paper."

A couple of pointers: 1) Use colored shirts instead of white. I just made white shirts for the first time for our cruise in May - never again! White is just so unforgiving and it's really hard to make the colors as vibrant as you would want. The product I told you to search for is only for colored shirts.
2) Remember that on colored shirts, any area of the design that looks blank will actually be white. The good side to that is that if you want something to actually be white - it will!
3) You have to press down REALLY hard and use a flat iron (one that does not have steam holes) for the best adherence.

Way more info than you asked, but hopefully it's helpful!

Do you know anyone who has a Cricut or Silhouette machine (usually for paper crafting)?
Custom shirts are really easy using their vinyl.

I used designs from the CreativeDISigns board here and there's also a designer who sells the transfer paper on her own web site. I'm not sure where she discovered the paper (or had it made?) but I had some from Michael's and some from her and did a big test run before wasting my time on a bunch of t-shirts for my extended family trip. I ironed on a design on two different old shirts and then tossed them in the washer and dryer at least 25 times (just kept putting them in with every load of family laundry I did!) I really like the way hers turned out - no peeling, cracking, fading and they were soft and flexible. I am not sure if I can post her web site, so PM me if you're interested.

Yes vinyl can be ironed on with extremely high heat. It works but I have found it to be more durable to use a heat press. You can get vinyl in matte and glitter.

Do you know anyone who has a Cricut or Silhouette machine (usually for paper crafting)?
Custom shirts are really easy using their vinyl.

No, and I checked the Esty site and most of those designs you "download"? It seems like you copy them and then have to put them on your own paper and then transfer them yourself.

Does anyone sell actual decals? I don't see them.

Alternatively, if you find a design you like, or can have someone make one for you, you can also upload it to a store like Zazzle. With coupons and promo codes, I have found that to be cheaper and much less effort than doing them all myself.

We also make our own for every trip. I often use pictures I have taken on previous trips and alter them to customize.

TongaShirts.JPG

remember.... it large part the images on Etsy violate Disney copyright laws as the posters are selling Disney owned graphics. they have no right to do so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter