Ireland: The Emerald Isle Meets Thread

Hi All,.... Well I live in Cork ..... 10 miles from Blarney

If you are going to Blarney .... And going to kiss " The Blarney Stone "

remember there is a narrow circular stairs to climb .

If you have time visit Blarney House next to the Castle.

TIP.. The largest & best value Store to buy souvenirs IS IN

Blarney Woolen Mills .. This also has a Cafe & a Bar.

( It is where the Coach drops you off to visit Blarney Castle )

Try & persuade your guide to Visit The Jameson Whiskey Distillery

in Middleton . ( This is 10 miles on the Waterford side FROM Cork )

Here you will be given a chance to BE a Whiskey Taster .

Well worth the time & taste Jameson Whiskey.

If your Tour is going to do The Ring of Kerry then have plenty of

batteries for your Camera. ( Dublin is crowded )

PPS Remember you Will need a 3 pin Plug adapter ( 220-240 V )

Your laptop will be fine ( but needs Plug )

I might meet up with you in Blarney if I knew when you are there .

We will be going to Orlando on Sat.30th August ( Dublin >Orlando Direct with

Aer Lingus.

We will be traveling on the ABD Ireland trip July 1 - 8th.
14 of us.....
Grandparents, 72 & 70
Daughter and spouse with 4 children + spouse/significant others
Kiddos 26, 25, 22, 22, 13, 9
Son with Spouse and boy girl twins - 14

We will be traveling on the ABD Ireland trip July 1 - 8th.
14 of us.....
Grandparents, 72 & 70
Daughter and spouse with 4 children + spouse/significant others
Kiddos 26, 25, 22, 22, 13, 9
Son with Spouse and boy girl twins - 14
My goodness! That's quite the group! You should have a great time! Welcome to the DISBoards and to the ABD Forum. I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

You'll be traveling on the same departure as DISer Bobo912 & her son, and DISer Jack'sGirl5 & her daughter!

Sayhello

I noticed that the price for our date went up by $490 pp yesterday, so I called ABD to see how many are booked. We are now at 30 guests, so I guess I can stop worrying about being cancelled. I've noticed that for this itinerary that the price usually increases in increments of $160, but this was one big jump, so maybe a large family or group of some kind booked. Last month there were only 14 people.
Hi, I think we are the large group you were referring to. 14 of us. We can't wait, have you done this trip before? Are you traveling with your son?

Hi, I think we are the large group you were referring to. 14 of us. We can't wait, have you done this trip before? Are you traveling with your son?

Thanks for putting us over the cancellation threshold! I booked the trip on June 1 and a couple of months later there were 14 people, but it stayed at 14 for months. So I was happy to see the total go up. This will be our 5th ABD, but we've never been to Ireland before. My son will definitely be with me. His 14th birthday is on July 7.

Bobo912 - That is so exciting! We have only done one other ABD, Italy back in 2007. My daughter is 13 and my niece and nephew will be 15 in August. Good to see there will be a group of kids around the same age. It's looking like the weather might be cool. Have you done any research?

Bobo912 - That is so exciting! We have only done one other ABD, Italy back in 2007. My daughter is 13 and my niece and nephew will be 15 in August. Good to see there will be a group of kids around the same age. It's looking like the weather might be cool. Have you done any research?

We're going to Edinburgh for a few days before the ABD and I've prepared a little for that, but I've done almost no research on Ireland. I guess I better get to work. "The box" came today!

Hi Bobo! When will you be in Edinburgh? If I remember right, you will be staying at the Balmoral.

June 27th. We're staying near the Balmoral at the Apex Waterloo.

We are arriving in Edinburgh on the 28th. We would have stayed in the Apex Waterloo or Balmoral before our ABD starts but I realized we had an extra day after our Ireland ABD a little late. By then, bookings at the Apex and Balmoral were full.

We're headed on over to Ireland on Friday, 30th! :hourglass So VERY excited!!!:goodvibes
Just the 2 of us! Hear we're going to get quite a bit of rain in the forecast. How would that affect the activities around Dromoland Castle?

Just a Note ..

Next Monday is a Bank Holiday ... so all banks will be close from Friday 30th
at 4pm till Tuesday at 10 am

So go to the Bank of Ireland at airport ( NOT CURRENCY EXCHANGE BANK )

or use ATM cash machine.

NOTE .... "Tipping " is not a usual thing to do in Europe.

It is appreciated BUT NOT EXPECTED .... as a right

To richflour,

On Day one ...... If you are up to it .. in the afternoon .. do " The Book of Kells " tour .. This is within a 5 min walk of The Westin.

AND then on Day 2 in the afternoon after Lunch ASK for Information & Directions

to Do " The Croke Park " Tour .... this is the Stadium of Ireland's National Sports , Hurling & Gallic Football. ( Look it Up )

This would be of FAR Far more informative & interest to you & your daughter than

walking through the Drinking area & unsavory area Called Temple Bar .

DO NOT Miss " The Banquet " near Dromoland Castle.

It just might be " Bunratty Castle "

You Will enjoy it

Please note you are not the only tour group going to these famous Banquets

Remember ..... There are very few buildings in Ireland over 6 stories high .

NO Skyscrapers to block your view .

BUY your Souvenir's in Blarney Woolen Mills

Your Coach usually parks there as you walk the 10 min to Blarney Castle

Enjoy your trip & I just might see you at Blarney as I live about 30 min from there .

My DW and I are joining the adults only Ireland ABD on Set 5, 2015. Looks like an awesome itinerary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter