IP Address ban

Peacefully said:
How terrible would you have to be to even get a 10 year IP ban? You would have to be asking for names and addresses of everyone or something, wouldn't you?

Anyway, with my own experience of an IP ban (my brother got IP banned from a site we both went to when we lived in the same house), they cannot change your computer. Maybe they could do the flash serial number like someone else said, but the only way to change your computer itself would be to do something to it illegally.

I seem to remember my brother still being able to view the site via a site that let you go places using an annonymous IP, but he said they made the place run extremely slowly and this wasn't even a high graphics site. It seemed kind of shady to me anyway.
The site had managed to make it so that no one from the beginning numbers of our IP (I think part of the IP number is for where you live, and the end is random numbers?) could view the site beyond the login page unless they were logged in, and my husband and I were the only ones who could log in from our IP. The guy who set that up was a coding genius.

That would be a proxy. :thumbsup2

jasonpwns said:
That should be interesting to try to explain to an 80 yr old! Good thing she's good with computers and games.
:Rofl2: omg i could not get my 74 year old grandma because me as a kid trying to show my grandma vmk she would not even play a video game for 5 minutes she is like no way i just will watch t.v lol and btw there is a way for blocking your computer from not going to a site and it is legel if you do it in legel way its something that blocks your computer from even going to the site and vmk puts them out 2 people were banned that way for ever

I'm about to date myself with this story but this thread brought back some funny memories about my grandmother. She was the typical grandmother, she always had awesome snacks for us, she knitted, she crocheted, she played card games like Whist with her friends, etc..

My father was living with her while he and my mother were separated and my grandmother took over his Commodore 64 computer. Her favorite game was Frogger!!!! She seemed so nice and sweet until then! She literally played Frogger for hours every day and she was really good at it! But the thought of my sweet Grammy sitting there and squishing frogs just kills me! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

:smooth: <--let's here it for cool grannies! Isn't Frogger where YOU are the frog trying to get across the road and river without getting squished? Or maybe you weren't meaning her trying to squish the frogs purposely. I liked that game as an arcade game when I was in college, but found it harder with just arrows rather than a solid joystick on the computer so never pursued it. Now I'm tempted. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Nah, to the mansion it is. Pick your color: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

macntosh said:
by the time you get a response your ban will be three months over. I just got a response to a question I sent about snow rugs and the find the yeti contest I think six months ago now.

Sorry, Rome, but that is WAY too funny! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Caribbound, so GLAD to see that you are back on VMK! WOOT! :cheer2:

Peacefully said:
How terrible would you have to be to even get a 10 year IP ban? You would have to be asking for names and addresses of everyone or something, wouldn't you?

No, people get permanent bans for all kinds of odd things. DD got it for hanging out with a room that was violating VMK rules by pretending to "make out" with each other. She won't be playing VMK again, but it wasn't anything to do with personal information.

caribbound said:
:smooth: <--let's here it for cool grannies! Isn't Frogger where YOU are the frog trying to get across the road and river without getting squished? Or maybe you weren't meaning her trying to squish the frogs purposely. I liked that game as an arcade game when I was in college, but found it harder with just arrows rather than a solid joystick on the computer so never pursued it. Now I'm tempted. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Nah, to the mansion it is. Pick your color: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yes, the goal of Frogger is to cross the road and river without getting squished but eventually the frog gets squished. So my grammy spent day after day squishing frogs when she messed up in the game. It was just so not her!

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

lol qruthie, my friend, Frogger was one of my favorite games in the "very" old computer game days. :rotfl2: I could be your grandma :rotfl2: Squish those frogs :thumbsup2 (the q is silent)

DemonLlama said:
No, people get permanent bans for all kinds of odd things. DD got it for hanging out with a room that was violating VMK rules by pretending to "make out" with each other. She won't be playing VMK again, but it wasn't anything to do with personal information.

That's... dumb to me. But I guess it's their site so it's their choice. I've banned people from my communities only for far worse, but I guess I'm an easy mod. hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!