1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

IOA on Halloween

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by jnoble82, Oct 10, 2012.

1. jnoble82

jnoble82 Mouseketeer

I'm planning on heading to IOA on Halloween (my birthday is the next day), mainly for HP which is where I plan on heading right when I get in. We're hoping to get there around 8:30 or so (catching a cab from All-Star Movies at about 7:45, 8ish). We aren't doing HHN and hope to stay at IOA the whole day. Does anyone know the crowd history on Halloween when it falls on a weekday? It looks like trend says Wednesday is a good day for IOA but I'm not sure what impact Halloween will have. Thanks :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

IoA is unaffected by HHN and Halloween...you should have no worries.

4. boop oop a doop

boop oop a doop Mouseketeer

does islands of adventure not do anything for halloween like decorations?:confused3

5. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I don't think it does.:confused3 Much like at Disney only MK decorates since that is where the Halloween party is, The studios have decor for HHN, but probably nothing at IOA.

6. Metro West

No decorations in IOA. All of the Halloween stuff is at the Studios.

7. boop oop a doop

boop oop a doop Mouseketeer

oh thats lame it would of been cool if they had something to

8. Metro West

Not lame at all especially if the Halloween festivities are located in a different park. When HHN was staged in IOA, it was decorated but since the last time in 2005 there has been nothing to tie the park to the holiday...that probably won't change in the near future.

9. jnoble82

jnoble82 Mouseketeer

thanks so much! I love Halloween but no decorations doesn't bother me at all. I got my tickets from undercover tourist the other day. I can't wait to go, especially to see Harry Potter!

10. raraavis

raraavis Mouseketeer

i have the same question! we got "stuck" at disney for 3 more days because of hurricane sandy, so we are going to go to IOA and especially harry potter!!

quick question for you op, how much will the cab cost? since this trip is unexpected for us, we didn't get a chance to research anything about universal. we're staying at pop, so i imagine the cost of the cab would be similar to your cost at Movies. thanks!

11. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Should be between $35 and $40 each way.

12. BryceMc

BryceMc Universal and Disney lover!

Seuss Landing and WWoHP in Islands of Adventure simply can't be decorated due to J.K. Rowling and Dr. Seuss' wife being very particular about their lands.

Atleast that's what I've heard.

13. Metro West

I've heard that as well and along with the fact that Disney now owns Marvel, I'm sure they have some say about Marvel Super Hero Island. The last time HHN was in IOA was in 2005 and it was great but I don't see it ever changing from the Studios.

14. BryceMc

BryceMc Universal and Disney lover!

Yeah, the Studios is the perfect place for HHN!

15. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

I remember people liked seeing HHN at IOA as it was a more themed park that can give more ambience to certain areas at HHN,but IOA has a big problem for HHN,it's just too small.The crowds at HHN just keep getting bigger and the pathways are too narrow at IOA along with the regulations in Potter and Seuss I agree that it'll be unlikely we'll see HHN at IOA anytime soon,if ever.