IoA coasters...

Aurora63

<font color=0066CC>I do look ravishing, don't I?<b
I am going to US/IoA on Nov. 10. I am a coaster chicken, though.

I refuse to set foot on the Hulk.

But, I am considering trying the Dueling Dragons. :scared1: I'll probably change my mid when I see them, but for now, I think it is something that I could "maybe" do.

Which side would be better for a coaster newbie?

What does it feel like when you're inverted?

Are there any major drops? (dumb question, I know.)

Anyway, fill me in!

I am going to US/IoA on Nov. 10. I am a coaster chicken, though.

I refuse to set foot on the Hulk.

But, I am considering trying the Dueling Dragons. :scared1: I'll probably change my mid when I see them, but for now, I think it is something that I could "maybe" do.

Which side would be better for a coaster newbie?

What does it feel like when you're inverted?

Are there any major drops? (dumb question, I know.)

Anyway, fill me in!

I am a coaster chicken too but if your concidering you are willing to do dueling dragons I think thats the more intense coaster and your feet are dangeling and alot more twist and turns and the hulk you have your feet in the coaster car .:scared1:

If you decide to ride...make sure you ride both dragons. They are NOT the same. Fire (orange) is my favorite and Ice (blue) climbs the wall. Fire is faster and has a little surprise at the end...just before the brakes engage. Don't be afraid...they are LOTS of fun!

If you can do Dueling Dragons, then you can do Hulk. Hulk is a wonderfully smooth ride, and nothing beats getting shot up that first hill and right into an inversion! But you'd probably feel more secure because it's a traditional coaster train vs. the feet-dangling cars on the Dragons. Both have shoulder harnesses so you will feel quite securely strapped in.

Why do you feel you could do DD but not hulk?
IMHO hulk is one of the best for a first time inverted coaster. It's a very smooth ride, and no where near as intense as either side of DD

agree with sha_lyn, Hulk is very smooth and unlike the DD you can actually see where you are going when riding it.
My DW rode Hulk last year, and loved it , although was a lot of screaming and praying going on beside me:rotfl2: and this is someone who would not go on anything. She is looking forward to next year , and reckons she is ready for DD.

I loveeeeee coasters, but they have to be the kind I like. Very Tall 200ft Plus, very fast, smooth and straight. I don't like super twisty ones because of the G forces they put on you.

IMO Mummy is by far the best coaster of the parks. Hulk is next which I like a lot, but the ride does have a lot of Gs that I don't like. DD is my least favorite because it is not very tall, and has more of the negative aspects I don't like which is very twisty, not tall, and not that fast. But its worth doing.

To me Universal is not about the coasters so much at all, except for Mummy which is a theme ride/coaster combination. I am there for the other rides like Spidey, Jurassic Park, MIB, ET and the others, Mummy is right up there in my favorite rides at the park and is probably THE favorite for us, with Spidey and JP coming in close behind. The themeing of that ride is awesome (mummy) and the coaster aspects of it are great.

As for newbies, I would do Mummy first, if that was no big deal to you try DD next, if you can handle that do Hulk next. You don't really feel the go upside down stuff that much, those aren't that big of a deal to me, its the excessive G forces of the tight turns that I don't like.

OP here. I would say Hulk scares me, because it is so tall, and I don't necessarily want to see where I'm going next (my eyes will be squeezed shut the whole time!) DD looked better since it is not as high. But the loops are holding me back a little.

What about the Mummy? It's on my to do list, but is it a really intense roller coaster? I thought it wasn't. Please clue me in!

OP here. I would say Hulk scares me, because it is so tall, and I don't necessarily want to see where I'm going next (my eyes will be squeezed shut the whole time!) DD looked better since it is not as high. But the loops are holding me back a little.

What about the Mummy? It's on my to do list, but is it a really intense roller coaster? I thought it wasn't. Please clue me in!

The Hulk isn't much higher than DD, only about 165ft which is quite low for a coaster, but it's the launch thats the exciting part.

The Mummy isn't much more intense than Space Mountain, but it's faster and smoother and has a brief launch up to 40mph...almost all of it is darkness.

The Hulk isn't much higher than DD, only about 165ft which is quite low for a coaster, but it's the launch thats the exciting part.

The Mummy isn't much more intense than Space Mountain, but it's faster and smoother and has a brief launch up to 40mph...almost all of it is darkness.

Okay, thanks. I can definetly do the Mummy then.

I guess the Hulk just seems scarier. Maybe because it's green??:p I don't know. I'm off to check the Universal website to see if there is a video of it.

I am the world's biggest coaster chicken due to the fact that I am scared of heights. I have rode the Mummy......twice. We are going to be back this December and I know I will ride that one again. If you are looking for any videos of the coaster go to youtube.com and type the coaster you are looking for in the search. I have found alot of them on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter