Invisible disability and GAC at Disneyland?

HappyOtter

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! This is my first post :flower3:

I am a healthy looking young (well, young-ish :rotfl2: ) female. I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis, and I have difficulty standing on pavement for long periods of time. I would really prefer not to use a wheelchair, as the actual walking isn't usually an issue for me and I like to try to move around as much as possible! Until now, I haven't looked into the GAC as I didn't think my limitations were serious enough, but I am now at the point where if I spend a day standing in line due to crowds, I spend the next two or three days in bed.

Is this appropriate for a GAC? If so, do I need a note from my doctor? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

While a GAC is for invisible disabilities, unfortunately, Disney's standard answer to stamina issues is to rent a wheelchair or ECV. I don't know what a GAC can offer, since it is specifically not intended to shorten waits in line - and in fact can result in a much longer wait at some attractions. Maybe you could push the w/c rather than ride all the time, but use it to sit in lines and avoid standing.

Enjoy your vacation!

Like the PP said, stamina issues are usually remedied by renting a wheelchair. You could try and get a GAC by simply stating that you have problems standing for long periods of time. This way, it shows what you state is your problem, but also shows that you are not there to seek a 'cut-in-line..which it is not what the GAC is used for anyway. :thumbsup2 Most of the alternate entrances do have benches where you can sit and wait which can help you out...splash mountain and space mountain being two which I can think of right off of the top of my head. Make sure to describe the issues, not the disability. Cams don't know medical terms and can't best determine your accommodations with your diagnosis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter