Interviews

dennise

DIS Veteran
OT - My boss is retiring, I have worked for him for 22 years. Recently sent out 2 resumes, but I feel a little rusty at doing them. Any tips on interviews would be great, and a little luck as well. Thanks

My best tip is appearance(sadly). Dress neatly and appropriately for the position. Maybe even buy yourself a new "interview outfit", something that makes you feel confident. First impressions are everything. (sounds so superficial, but it's true)
From everything I've read most employers have decided in the first few minutes whether you will be considered or not. Obviously, if you have been called to interview, you are qualified for the position anyway.

Beyond that, try to find out some information about the company you are interviewing with. Look up their website if they have one. Try to be informed and familiar with their company.
Also, maybe ask a friend to practice interview with you, just to get you used to the format again and the type of questions asked.

I'm sure you will do fine. The fact that you were with the same employer for so long is really in your favour these days, as a lot of people change jobs frequently and employers are looking for loyalty and stability.
Good Luck:thumbsup2

The job that I am interviewing for is exactly the same work that I have been doing for 22 years. The interview may be done on skype, which I have never used. I just put it on my computer, but can't seem to get the microphone to work. Sound and video cam are working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Would sooner interview in person.

The job that I am interviewing for is exactly the same work that I have been doing for 22 years. The interview may be done on skype, which I have never used. I just put it on my computer, but can't seem to get the microphone to work. Sound and video cam are working. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Would sooner interview in person.

Wow, I've never had to do that. Good Luck to you:cheer2:

As OP said, whether by Skype or in person dress appropriately. My job is hiring people, and believe me, first impressions cannot be reversed. Also as OP said research the organization. It's one of my first questions to cross people off my list. As you haven't interviewed for awhile do some research on behavioural interviewing. This is what is typically used now and if you caught unaware it can take you down paths you don't want to go. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter