International Gateway open for use for Cape May breakfast?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm pondering making a breakfast reservation at Cape May for the Monday after Wine & Dine. I won't be staying at the Yacht and Beach Club and was looking at options for getting there.

One thought was bus to DHS and boat or walk from there, but at this point the hours for DHS are not released (though they are for everything else), so I don't know how feasible that would be.

So my other thought was EPCOT and use International Gateway to walk over - but World Showcase doesn't open until 11. Is IG open earlier than WS for people to use either coming from those resorts or going to breakfast at them?

Thanks!

Yes, you can enter through the International Gateway before the World Showcase opens. There will be a CM and/or rope at the bridge but guests are free to head over to Future World.

Yes, you can enter through the International Gateway before the World Showcase opens. There will be a CM and/or rope at the bridge but guests are free to head over to Future World.

We know that you can enter through International Gateway and head over to Future World. But what this person is asking is: can you enter at the front of Epcot, walk through Future World, and exit through International Gateway (prior to 11:00 am) to get to the Beach Club to eat breakfast at Cape May?

We know that you can enter through International Gateway and head over to Future World. But what this person is asking is: can you enter at the front of Epcot, walk through Future World, and exit through International Gateway (prior to 11:00 am) to get to the Beach Club to eat breakfast at Cape May?

Yes, thank you. That's what I'm asking. I'd have my phone to prove the reservation if necessary, I'm just not sure if it works that way.

Theoretically it seems like if it is open for those resort guests it would be open both ways in case they needed to return to their resort for whatever reason, but we all know that what makes sense to us and what makes sense to Disney aren't always the same.

I'm sorry, I totally misread that. Yes, you'd be able to go out that way since it is the primary entrance and exit for guests of the BC/YC/BW etc.

I'm sorry, I totally misread that. Yes, you'd be able to go out that way since it is the primary entrance and exit for guests of the BC/YC/BW etc.

Thanks! Hopefully DHS will get their hours posted soon as well - assuming they open the same time or earlier, I might play "which bus comes first" and go that route. Haha!

Definitely open, last November I liked to go to Les Halles for breakfast at 9 am from BC so headed there and back without any issue. I do think that is a long, long walk just for Cape May, but not sure if DHS is actually a shorter one (we have found the Friendship boat in the am to be very unreliable...two separate times, the first boat of the day didn't arrive until 8:30 am or a bit later).

And the most expensive. :)
Uber may save you some money in that regard. they are often less expensive than taxis at WDW, though the city of Orlando (which does not include WDW) is considering additional regulations on ride-sharing services, or has already done so.

Uber may save you some money in that regard. they are often less expensive than taxis at WDW, though the city of Orlando (which does not include WDW) is considering additional regulations on ride-sharing services, or has already done so.

I would rather just use WDW transportation and my feet. I realize this makes me weird, but living in NYC public transportation and walking are the best ways to get around. Most environmentally helpful also.

What time is your ADR? I'm assuming it must be after 9:00, probably closer to 9:30 if you're thinking of walking through Epcot to get to BC. Buses will start arriving at both Epcot and DHS a little before 7:00 for preopening ADRs, but without a park ADR, you won't be let through the gate before RD. At least with DHS, you don't have to actually enter the park before heading to the resort.

What time is your ADR? I'm assuming it must be after 9:00, probably closer to 9:30 if you're thinking of walking through Epcot to get to BC. Buses will start arriving at both Epcot and DHS a little before 7:00 for preopening ADRs, but without a park ADR, you won't be let through the gate before RD. At least with DHS, you don't have to actually enter the park before heading to the resort.
This!
Also- If EPCOT isn't the park the OP was planning on visiting that day, a park hopper ticket would be required to use the EPCOT route and continue to another park after breakfast.

Not sure where you are staying but you could take a bus to MK and then take the bus to BC or Boardwalk which ever comes first. Remember to allow extra time if using Disney transportation. It is faster to walk to from DHS to BC than riding the boat.

10:35. So either way works.

This!
Also- If EPCOT isn't the park the OP was planning on visiting that day, a park hopper ticket would be required to use the EPCOT route and continue to another park after breakfast.

I've got an AP, so hopping isn't a problem. I'd actually be more likely to go to EPCOT than DHS anyway - much more that interests me at EPCOT as opposed to only two (ToT and RnRC) at DHS, so even with an AP it feels like a waste to go in there.

Not sure where you are staying but you could take a bus to MK and then take the bus to BC or Boardwalk which ever comes first. Remember to allow extra time if using Disney transportation. It is faster to walk to from DHS to BC than riding the boat.
This is by far the best way using Disney transportation.

I have a question regarding this as well. I have a morning ADR at Cape May at 9:40 a.m. If Epcot opens at 9 that morning, will I be able to get through security and the gate and back there in time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter