International Driving Permit for Florida

Clarification by the ABI would have little effect on the stance taken by individual Inusrers btw - which is presumably why they arent commenting.

They would have to get a view from each Insurer - which almost certainly would be deifferent depending on the company e.g. just look at the different approachs to claims for ash cloud delay for instance.

Hi,
I do find all the talk about this very odd. I went to my local Post Office today with my 2 part licence, photograph and passport and paid £5.50 and 5 minutes later I walked out with my IDP.
Will I need it? Maybe not, but I also hope I don't need CDW SLI etc and travel insurance but I pay for those too, it's called peace of mind..!

Mick.

Hi,
I do find all the talk about this very odd. I went to my local Post Office today with my 2 part licence, photograph and passport and paid £5.50 and 5 minutes later I walked out with my IDP.
Will I need it? Maybe not, but I also hope I don't need CDW SLI etc and travel insurance but I pay for those too, it's called peace of mind..!

Mick.
totally agree.
We do not drive over there but if we did, I would get one. Find all the fuss over £5.50 when the holiday costs thousands, a bit strange.

Its why we buy travel insurance, for peace of mind. :goodvibes

mickg7dyd said:
Hi,

Mick.

Amen!

Hi,

Mick.

totally agree.
We do not drive over there but if we did, I would get one. Find all the fuss over £5.50 when the holiday costs thousands, a bit strange.

Sorry but absolutley zero to do with cost to me, it would annoy me getting a document thats not required more than giving me peace of mind. If it is still law when I go then I will no doubt get it but I will leave it as late as poss and hope they change the law.
It also means closing the business for half a day and a 25 mile round trip if I did it in person or do with AA but that does not bother me as much as being forced to get something that is totally not required.

mickg7dyd said:
Hi,

Mick.

^ this.

+1 more. :thumbsup2

End of the day, for the price of a pint (probably less than, actually) in Epcot - I think abiding by the law has to be the way forward. Probably will all end up being a storm in a tea cup, but why would anyone risk being the 'test case' over such an insignificant amount over the cost of the holiday (x thousand pounds!). :confused3

20 days to go - not worth risking it (IMO)

Excited for the trip - and nearly packed as well. :cheer2:

Hi,

Mick.

totally agree.

Hubby picked his IDP up yesterday, and for us that is one less thing to worry about over the next few months, it's all done and dusted and for five minutes at a Post Office, we don't have to think about it again :)

mickg7dyd said:
Hi,

Mick.

It's not the £5.50 that bothers me - its the hassle of it.

Both DH & I drive so we both need photos doing (because I can't find the ones from our driving licence renewals that I put in a 'safe place') then we either have to a 30 mile round trip to the closest post office that issues them or pay £5 for the privilege of the AA or RAC posting them.

It's just a PITA!

It has been formally announced today that this law will not be enforced while steps are taken to formally repeal it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter