(Insp. by Shep) What's the least amount of gas you've put in your car

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
DH and I have had fights about this. I swear I will run on fumes rather then put less then $5. in the tank. If I run out for a minute or go to pick up a kid and realize I'm super low and have no money on me, no purse, I always have a couple bucks in change in the dish. But I am very embarrased to get less then $5. DH has put in $2. all in change.

When I was a teenager, I put in a Coke bottle of gasoline. I ran out of gas and someone let me have that much to get to a gas station.

In my younger (late teens-early twenties) days, it was OK to put in a dollar since gas was low enough that a dollar would buy you more than a gallon. Now I would feel funny doing that since it would only get me around the block :p Recently I put in as little as $3 because that was all I had on me in cash and the pump wasn't taking credit cards for some reason.

I have seen it all.....people buying .85 of gasoline, I couldn't even set up the pump because you couldn't set it for less than $1.00.

I've put $5.00 in it before when they jacked the price up so I could go a few days hoping the price would go down..

When I was a teen, $2 bought you a LOT of gas.

Now, DH wants me to fill up the van every time I put gas in so he can figure out our mph. He maintains our cars, so we keep a gas log for each car to figure the mph which helps to see if the engine is running right.

So, probably not less than $15.

herc.

As an adult, $2. As a teen, $1.:teeth: But back then, $1 paid for almost 2 gallons of gas, sometimes more than 2 gallons.

When I was a teen, I couldn't get the pump to work correctly at the station, but I was too shy to complain. I thought maybe it was just me. So I only put in about $.81 worth. My cheeks were flaming when I paid, but the guy didn't ask why, so I didn't have to feel too stupid. At least I never let it get that low that I would be stranded...went to the next station and filled up.

When I was in college in PA, I would put $1-2 in my car, since it was self service.

I live in NJ, where they only have full service (by law). I would be embarrassed to ask for less then $10.

$2.00 and I used my checkcard. Just to get me from point a to point B and back.

I live in Jersey too and I use to get $5.00 all the time, never less. Now I never seem to get under $10.00.

It's weird that I would feel funny about putting in less then five bucks but I do. DH worked for awhile at a gas station as a second part time job and he said people put in less then a dollar all the time. And some people would give him bags of change.

when I was in high school I was driving a company van and the gas light came on, I knew I had 20 miles once that came on I was about 25 miles from work (I was on my way to). I had 25 cents on me and found another 25 cents inside the glove compartment. I put in 50 cents and got back on fumes, we had a gas station on site when i pulled up to the pumps I ran out of gas. I was glad the last light stayed green:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Four dollars, and I usually act all embarrased and say that "it's all I have". The guys pumping the gas usually feel bad and tell me they threw in an extra few bucks for free after I pay. ;)

In the past I've put in as little as $2 or $3. Recently it's been $5. LOL! When I'm low on gas and the closest station is a brand I don't like or they're charging too much, $5 is my limit until I get to a usual station of mine. I've even given up on my local Amoco. They're always higher than other ones. I've given them $5 on their gas card. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter