Inside Out directors name - is it real?

Some times directors use fake names when they know the movie is no good.
He has been a key figure in several successful Pixar movies and has been nominated for several awards including 6 Oscars.

It is much more likely that it is his real name.

This is a nice summary though IMDB is searchable if Wikipedia does not suit you.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Docter

Fair question, who remembers "Alan Smithee"

For any movie that the director of the film does not want to have his/her name associated.

ie, Dune-Extended Edition, Supernova, TV version of Meet Joe Black, etc

My eye doctor growing up was "Dr. Doctor" and his wife was also "Dr. Doctor". There is a doctor where I live that helps men.. "Dr. Stop". Hee-hee

Yes, Pete Docter is his real name. I remember my pediatrician growing up - Dr. Coffin. And just yesterday we flew into Seattle and the pilot was Capt. Salmon.

Yep, it is his real name. His full name is Peter Hans Docter and his movie Inside Out is fantastic.

I don't get it - is Docter a strange name? Or does his first name and last name make a pun or something? It just seems like a normal name to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter