"Inside Out" at Epcot rumor

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
I recently saw Inside Out and really enjoyed it, I would highly suggest seeing it if you haven't. It did however remind me a bit of the old WoL attraction "Cranium Command" at Epcot. I heard a rumor on the Dis Unplugged rumors show a while ago that this attraction would be coming back in Inside Out form. I personally would love to see WoL restored and if that includes an Inside Out attraction I think it would get plenty of traffic. Does anyone know if this rumor is still going and what the plan for that pavilion is going forward? I would love to see more coming to my favorite park!

I recently saw Inside Out and really enjoyed it, I would highly suggest seeing it if you haven't. It did however remind me a bit of the old WoL attraction "Cranium Command" at Epcot. I heard a rumor on the Dis Unplugged rumors show a while ago that this attraction would be coming back in Inside Out form. I personally would love to see WoL restored and if that includes an Inside Out attraction I think it would get plenty of traffic. Does anyone know if this rumor is still going and what the plan for that pavilion is going forward? I would love to see more coming to my favorite park!
There is nothing planned at this time for the pavilion other than festival center type stuff. The director of inside out actually did some work on cranium command.

The pavilion is clearly falling apart. Going in their last year for a few seminars it was kind of sad looking around - I am sort of surprised they use such a dilapidated building for such a premier event.

Disney would need to decide to pump some money into it to reopen it. Cranium Command DID have a similar vibe. (If you look it up, you'll find Pete Doctor, the director/writer of Inside Out - actually worked on Cranium Command.) But CC was about muscles and nerves, not emotions, so not exactly the same.

If this pavilion and attraction is ever going to be resuscitated, now seems to be the time. If nothing is announced in the next year, I doubt it ever will be.

Here's some trivia for you.

Pete Doctor, the director of Inside Out, was an intern animator for Cranium Command, and even made an appearance in the pre-show segment.

He's visible at 5:10, the curly haired guy on the left.

Here's some trivia for you.

Pete Doctor, the director of Inside Out, was an intern animator for Cranium Command, and even made an appearance in the pre-show segment.

He's visible at 5:10, the curly haired guy on the left.

Yep he's talked about how he worked on the preshow and how he himself was in it. He also said this sort of sparked the idea for the movie but instead of talking to the rest of the body the focused on the mind and emotion instead. That's the difference between the two.

Figgy easter egg in Inside out is confirmed! Here's where to look (check the spoiler tag, and no, I didn't take this picture in the theater, it's a screen shot from a leaked version I found online)

Untitled.jpg

I missed that!
Me too. I'd heard it was in there from several sources, even people telling me where to look (and someone has posted it on IMDB as well)...but, I went back for a third showing this afternoon, and I STILL MISSED IT.

So, fed up, I found a stream of it and hunted.

Now I know where to look next time (though, I won't go see it in theaters again...probably just wait for the cruise, I'm sure it will be playing on the Fantasy in August)

We missed the Figment Easter egg as well, but it's interesting since I thought of Figment and Journey Into Imagination after reading an early review's descriptions of Imaginationland and the Train of Thought. Not sure that they would, but if they were looking to revamp any other Epcot rides with new properties -- as opposed to new attractions -- this could provide an avenue to doing so with JII.

Actually, it would make sense to maybe do an Inside Out show for the theater that currently shows the preview (although they have announced that EO is coming back at least for now). The theme melds nicely with Figment and the Imagination Pavilion.

Actually, it would make sense to maybe do an Inside Out show for the theater that currently shows the preview (although they have announced that EO is coming back at least for now). The theme melds nicely with Figment and the Imagination Pavilion.

I think it's more likely that Disney adds something to a Pavillion that is still mostly in use than trying to reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion. They would have to add other supporting attractions and I don't think that's likely.

I think it's more likely that Disney adds something to a Pavillion that is still mostly in use than trying to reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion. They would have to add other supporting attractions and I don't think that's likely.

I agree. EO currently shows at the theater in the Imagination Pavilion. As much as I'd like to see Life be restored I don't think it's likely. If and when they do something with it, I bet it will be a total teardown.

With Lasseter being involved at Imagineering, I think the idea is already there at the very least. It's just a matter of what the suits have planned for Epcot.

The pavilion is clearly falling apart. Going in their last year for a few seminars it was kind of sad looking around - I am sort of surprised they use such a dilapidated building for such a premier event.
Can't say I've noticed that in my visits. It didn't look dilapidated to me the last time I visited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter