• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

I'm 5'3" and 240lbs. I wear a size 18/20 bottom and a 2x top. When I rode FJ, I went straight for one of the end seats because I know they're modified. I got at least one click on my own, but maybe two. I'm not entirely sure. Then, the worker came and pulled it down at least for one more click and then asked if I was okay. I said yes, and then we were sent into the ride.

Where are the modified seats located at? Are they the last seats at the end?

thanks

I think you will be fine. I'm 5' 10" , wear between an 18-20 on the bottom (depending on what kind of pants), but I have a much smaller chest than you.

We just got back from our trip. My anxiety levels were through the roof with this ride. My husband didn't travel with us so it was just me and our 6 year old daughter so there was no one to give my harness that extra push.

We were staying onsite so we had the extra hour in the morning without all the crowds. The anxiety got worse as we got closer to the castle. My daughter and I stopped at the outside test seats and I got a yellow light. The girl there said if you can sit like this for about 5 minutes you are good to go. Anxiety eased up a bit but it wasn't gone because I remembered sometimes you fit outside but not inside.

Got to the queue, walked to our bench, and grabbed an end seat on the left with my daughter to the right of me. I lucked out the TM who helped me was awesome. I sat, raised my arms to pull it down, and he said "NO! Put your arms down and out!" I did as he said and with an extra push I was in!! I gave him a very loud "YOU JUST MADE OUR TRIP! I LOVE YOU!" I was more excited I fit into one of those seats than I was about the ride. LOL

My daughter absolutely LOVED it. She was so excited we got to share the experience. I'm glad I ride with her but I would never ride it again. When we got off I could barely walk and almost barfed. OMG the motion sickness was BAD!! I had a TM walk us behind a "staff only" fenced area because I was scared I wouldn't make it to the bathrooms.:crazy2: LOL

The only real advice I have is don't wear jeans. Wear bottoms that have some give. I wore a pair of black cotton capris. I really don't think I would have fit if I would have had jeans on.

I hope this helps. I took a picture of the test seats. Let me know if you would like to see it.

Thank you!

I just returned and am happy to say that I did fit in the modified seats. I was able to ride every ride! :yay:

We absolutely loved FJ, and rode it three times! I think I loved walking through the castle even more than the ride itself. The attention to detail was amazing. However, we all agreed that it was our favorite ride of the trip (Magic Kingdom, Epcot and both Universal Parks).

:goodvibes I fit! I am a size 22 and 5'3 and I think if I had eaten a bigger breakfast I might not have made it! :rotfl2: Also my brother who is close to 300lbs fit but he is tall and his weight is even he needed a bigger seat but it wasn't tight. We fit on everything else but didn't try the Hulk or Rip Ride Rocket because of time and the fear issues from my brothers over all it was a great day!

My husband is 6'5" with broad shoulders and very slender and had no problems fitting. He does not fit on Rockin Roller Coaster at Disney Studies due to his height and shoulders to give you an idea.

Just like jackieinJuneau, I too am 5'3" & a size 22 and fit in a regular seat w/no problem! I've lost 20 lbs over the course of the past year (slowly but surely LOL) and was sweating about not being able to fit in the seats. I thought I'd have to ride in the modified seat but I rode in the middle seat next to the right end, which is the one my husband got...he's 6'2 & about 270lbs. He said if we'd gone last year before he lost 100 lbs, he wouldn't have been able to fit & would've been embarrassed. When I got all 3 clicks, I pumped my fist & said "YES!!" :banana: I was saying to myself, if I go all the way down to IOA & can't fit on the ride, I'll be upset, but I was so happy! The ride was amazing, so smooth & the effects were a bit too realistic for me (I had to close my eyes at the spider part, I'm deathly afraid of 'em!) :scared1:

My husband fit, but barely. He's 6'4" and wears a 3XLT in shirts. I fit without any problem and I have a very generous bust.

Thank you, thank you for this thread. I'm 5'8 330 lbs and because of this thread I'm into my first week of diet. I'm not going to US/IoA for the first time NOT to be able to ride FJ!! I'm hoping to be down to around 270 lbs by then. Wish me luck...:thumbsup2

Thank you, thank you for this thread. I'm 5'8 330 lbs and because of this thread I'm into my first week of diet. I'm not going to US/IoA for the first time NOT to be able to ride FJ!! I'm hoping to be down to around 270 lbs by then. Wish me luck...:thumbsup2

Keep us posted on your progress!!!! You can do it!!!

I'm 5'1 and 240lbs...big hips and behind. Size 20-22. Shirt is XXL. I fit just fine in the modified seats. No one had to push down to get it to go further. I was very comfortable and it wasn't a tight fit at all.

Hope that helps someone!!

The ride is my absolute favorite ride...ever! :wizard:

5'10 and 300pds with very broad shoulders. I tried the outside seat and didn't fit so I waited for my party by the exit. I saw a guy with similar size and asked him if he got on. He said he did, but was a little uncomfortable. The next day I decided to give it a go. I got all the way to the ride and a worker pulled me aside. She asked if I'd ever been on the ride. I said no and she directed me to another trial seat. This time, I got it to click, although it was a bit snug. She asked if I was O.K. and I said yes and got back in line. Let me tell you, I had more room on the actual ride seat then on either of the 2 practice seats. So give it a shot!

Best of luck to you! My hubby has renewed his exercise fervor because two times of not being able to ride FJ has really gotten to him. Hopefully it will work and our third time there will be his charm!

5'10 and 300pds with very broad shoulders. I tried the outside seat and didn't fit so I waited for my party by the exit. I saw a guy with similar size and asked him if he got on. He said he did, but was a little uncomfortable. The next day I decided to give it a go. I got all the way to the ride and a worker pulled me aside. She asked if I'd ever been on the ride. I said no and she directed me to another trial seat. This time, I got it to click, although it was a bit snug. She asked if I was O.K. and I said yes and got back in line. Let me tell you, I had more room on the actual ride seat then on either of the 2 practice seats. So give it a shot!

Congrats!

I had a doctor's appointment today and I could'nt wait to see my progress. Well I'm down 12lbs to 318! I'm doing the low carbs diet with more emphasis on water and vegies and exercise. I know it's "water" weight that came off, but I feel better already. keep your fingers crossed, 270 or so is my goal.:cool1:

i'm at my largest ever at 275 lbs, size 18/20. i'm 5'11" and very top-heavy/curvy (size H bra). my measurements are 51-45-53 and i am very pleased to report that after much anxiety, i fit! without any trouble either. i gave myself an upset stomach stressing about it, but it was all for naught.

i also fit on the dragon challenge but it was a MUCH tighter fit, mostly due to my upper half and it crushed my ****s beyond belief.

i did not get singled out or questioned or asked to try a test seat...i don't know if this is because i don't look as fat as i actually am or what due to being tall/large framed.

that's me in black w/jk and my in-laws like...3 days before riding FJ for visual reference. ignore the weird face i'm making.

379837_654252940047_34602369_34126574_1876372427_n.jpg

I had a doctor's appointment today and I could'nt wait to see my progress. Well I'm down 12lbs to 318! I'm doing the low carbs diet with more emphasis on water and vegies and exercise. I know it's "water" weight that came off, but I feel better already. keep your fingers crossed, 270 or so is my goal.:cool1:

Woot Badger!!!!! Keep it up!!!!

Has there been any reports of people NOT fitting into the ride lately? It seems like Universal has taken care of this problem rather quickly and efficiently. Bravo Universal!

Has there been any reports of people NOT fitting into the ride lately? It seems like Universal has taken care of this problem rather quickly and efficiently. Bravo Universal!

Sadly, I am still one who didn't fit on FJ. I am a male, about 5'11" & 330lbs. I have relatively small shoulders, chest, and rear end, but have a pretty good size gut and thighs. I was able to get the test seat over my chest and shoulders pretty easily, but I still was at the red light when the restraint hit my belly. I decided to go through the line (amazing!) and try out the test seat inside with the attendant, and she confirmed that I could not ride. I did not push down hard on the restraint to see if I could muster a yellow light, though, and I kind of wish I had. So, if you are built at all like me, you may still have an issue.

Interestingly enough, I was able to ride DD in the larger modified seat. I had to get the attendant to push down slightly so that the belts would meet up, but it worked. I chickened out on riding the Hulk after my friends told me it whips the head around pretty brutally, but I could have ridden if I wanted. The only other thing I could not ride was Rock-it at the original park. That wasn't even close. My female friend, about 5'7" and 270, couldn't do that one either, but she was able to do FJ. I also was able to do the Mummy. I checked with the outside attendant to make sure I was ok in the test seat, and he said I would have no problem, but the indoor attendant wanted me to get one more click on the bar. I honestly don't even remember if I did, but they let me ride anyway, and I soon found out why they wanted it so tight! I got lots of airtime on that one, but it was fun.

Anyway, it sucked that I could not ride FJ, but the world itself is still pretty amazing. I enjoyed the fish and chips at the Three Broomsticks, as well as the Hog's Head beer. Don't be afraid to try the seat, and I can attest that if you can't ride, it's not the worst thing in the world and you will still enjoy your day.

Bringing this up for people that don't realize that they may have a problem getting on rides at US/IoA. I started my diet the day after thanksgiving when I read this post. I'm down 30lbs and I am currently at 305. Trying to get down to around 260-270 by the end of March. Good luck to all trying to lose weight for the enjoyment of spending your time with family for ALL the rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter