• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Info on who fits/who does not - for FJ - post here if you've been

I assume the TMs are familiar with the 'elevator shoes' ploy that desperate kids use as a last resort to measure up... ;)

Yes, they are but they haven't figured out the trick of husband sucking in his tummy so he doesn't get pulled aside for the test seats. :rotfl2:

Me parents, boyfriend, and I are heading to US/IOA end of may.
I have strange proportions lol. . I weigh 260; Hips are a 60' and Bust is 49'. I'm worried about fitting in the seats so i have started a diet. I'm wanting to lose 20-30 lbs before then so i don't have to worry :) All you guys have inspired me to lose weight, i've gained about 40 lbs in the last year- year and half. I'll drop in and give updates and also my experience!

Me parents, boyfriend, and I are heading to US/IOA end of may.
I have strange proportions lol. . I weigh 260; Hips are a 60' and Bust is 49'. I'm worried about fitting in the seats so i have started a diet. I'm wanting to lose 20-30 lbs before then so i don't have to worry :) All you guys have inspired me to lose weight, i've gained about 40 lbs in the last year- year and half. I'll drop in and give updates and also my experience!

You can do it, we'll all be cheering you on :cheer2:. And, we expect to hear reports with the final one being how much you enjoyed riding the FJ!!!:thumbsup2

Just came back and wanted to report that I was able to ride Harry Potter Forbidden Journey with room to spare. I am 5'8 3/4" and about 255. I wear a size 22 or 24 pant and a size 22 top ( 42D bra). I had been very worried about fitting the ride and had searched the web for info. I had told my husband and young children that I might not be able to go on the ride but I would go through the line. I never tried a test seat. The end seats (4 seats per group--2 ends 2 middle)were the modified seats and had ample room eve for me. Hope this helps future park goers.

We are going to US/IOA this summer-I'm 6'4" 360 lbs.I guess I won't be riding.:sad2: Why don't they add "Big Boy" seats ? I get to ride everything at Disney,and I guess that's why we go there every year(except this year)!They make most everything acccessible to everyone-US/IOA could learn a lesson from them in this regard.I am definately disappointed,and will be back to making our annual Disney trip next year!!;)

just back! DH is 310 and 6'3" wears 44 or 46 pants. He fit on everything in the modified seats, though he said it was snug. He is really glad he just lost 30 pounds!

just back! DH is 310 and 6'3" wears 44 or 46 pants. He fit on everything in the modified seats, though he said it was snug. He is really glad he just lost 30 pounds!
I'm glad your DH got to ride,as he is a "Big O'l Boy" too! Congrats on the minus 30!:thumbsup2 I'm working on it,but I don't think I'll be anywhere near 310,or 340 anytime soon.:sad2: Thanks for sharing,and maybe I'll be able to post some positive"figures"in the future!:goodvibes

We'll be cheering you on too Don:cheer2:
Summer is a few months away I believe in you and think you can do it!!

Just wanted to post in regaurds to parents wanting to get their kids on. I highly discourage this! I am a 4'9''(57 inches) 100lbs 20 year old female and I have always struggled with fitting on rides. I think by freshmen year of high school I could finally REALLY fit on everything, however fitting by the standards doesnt always mean you fit.

When I was younger and stretched to fit onto rides I did realize the risks assoicated with it. I would hold on so tight I don't think it would matter if I really could wiggle out... However the older I get the more I realize that I still don't really fit on rides. I struggle with roller coasters that have lap bars mostly, but thats not to be exclusive.

Forbidden Journey was okay for me. I don't think that I could have wiggled out even if I tried... however I moved around a great deal in the seat. I tend to shake around really easily and get headaches if Im not carefull about holding my head. I say this because the younger the kid the less they understand the risks associated with it.... and the less they know about how to properly ride a ride.

Parents, if there is even a doubt in your mind PLEASE do the right thing and don't put your kids on the rides. Unless there are extenuating circumstances they will be able to ride in the future. You may not see it like this in the moment but it is worth their temper tantrum now than for them to end up seriously hurt later. Just believe me when I say it IS possible for someone to come lose from one of those rides!

Just wanted to post in regaurds to parents wanting to get their kids on. I highly discourage this! I am a 4'9''(57 inches) 100lbs 20 year old female and I have always struggled with fitting on rides. I think by freshmen year of high school I could finally REALLY fit on everything, however fitting by the standards doesnt always mean you fit.

When I was younger and stretched to fit onto rides I did realize the risks assoicated with it. I would hold on so tight I don't think it would matter if I really could wiggle out... However the older I get the more I realize that I still don't really fit on rides. I struggle with roller coasters that have lap bars mostly, but thats not to be exclusive.

Forbidden Journey was okay for me. I don't think that I could have wiggled out even if I tried... however I moved around a great deal in the seat. I tend to shake around really easily and get headaches if Im not carefull about holding my head. I say this because the younger the kid the less they understand the risks associated with it.... and the less they know about how to properly ride a ride.

Parents, if there is even a doubt in your mind PLEASE do the right thing and don't put your kids on the rides. Unless there are extenuating circumstances they will be able to ride in the future. You may not see it like this in the moment but it is worth their temper tantrum now than for them to end up seriously hurt later. Just believe me when I say it IS possible for someone to come lose from one of those rides!

Anything's possible. But it's highly unlikely that a child even right at the height limit for any attraction at WDW or Universal will somehow go flying off the ride.

Feeling loose in a ride and actually being loose are two different things. That said, someone small and determined may be able to work his or herself out of some restraints and break free -- but that's a different issue altogether.

Alright this hurts my brain...but I'll ask anyway....

Where can I find what rides at Disney/Universal I can not ride?

I don't think I'm a 3 click type of gal.

Hubby is 6 foot TEN....

So....I have a feeling we're going to be excluded for one reason or another anyway.

:upsidedow

Anything's possible. But it's highly unlikely that a child even right at the height limit for any attraction at WDW or Universal will somehow go flying off the ride.

Feeling loose in a ride and actually being loose are two different things. That said, someone small and determined may be able to work his or herself out of some restraints and break free -- but that's a different issue altogether.

Wiggling out isn't the only injury that you can sustain from not fitting in the seats properly. Like I stated before if the child isn't old enough to hold their head straight they can injury themselves this way. Will it be life altering? Probably not but it can cause issues.

Yes, they are but they haven't figured out the trick of husband sucking in his tummy so he doesn't get pulled aside for the test seats. :rotfl2:
:lmao: Good one cause we are on same page I do that too :lmao:

Just thought I'd drop by and let everyone know about my experience. After worrying about not fitting on rides for months, I now realize it was all for nothing. I'm 6'3, 312 pounds and wear a XXL shirt, and thus far, I have fit on everything I tried. Off the top of my head, I've rode Forbidden Journey, Hulk, Spiderman, Rapids at Islands, both Dragon Challenge sides, Manta, Kraken, Jurassic Park, and maybe more. Always used the modified seats where available, always a little bit of room to spare. I don't have a huge belly and carry my weight pretty evenly, but if I fit, you all should be fine. Quit worrying, go and have a great time, but be prepared for some serious lines! Also get a Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice if you can. Going to Universal and Busch this week, will report back on Rip Ride, Sheikra, Montu, Kumba, etc. If you have any questions or anything, feel free to email me at summon.monsters at gmail.com since I probably won't check here all too frequently.

Hubby is 6 foot TEN....

So....I have a feeling we're going to be excluded for one reason or another anyway.

:upsidedow

Can comment on Disney for you, my step-father is 6'8" and rode everything. He fussed a bit about getting in and out of some rides and he sat sort of sideways cramping my mom on a few rides before she wised up and made him sit with a grandkid. ;)
Hope to get them to Universal this summer and can come back and comment on how he fared at Universal.

I hope this helps readers, as it helped me get ready for our trip, which was April 4-6.

I am 5'11, about 300 pounds, big chest belly and legs.

After much worry, I enjoyed every non-roller-coaster ride at Universal!
I could not fit the Hulk seat, nor the Rocket thingy, nor the dragon coasters.

At Harry Potter land, it was all good.
The Forbidden Journey was my biggest fear - not being able to do it with my kids!
The first time through, I had no problem. My spouse helped me push down the bar.
The second time, however, there were two very slight ladies, and it did not seem to me that they were trying very hard to push. I was not happy! Not to mention my spouse 'forgot' to help me!!

The third time, again no problem. My spouse helped me, but it didn't take much.

Only once did an attendant tell me to use the end seats, which I did each time anyway. Apparently they are slightly larger.

Everything else at both parks was not a problem at all, except as I said the roller-coasters. For the hulk and the dragons, my bottom was too big. For the Rip Ride Rocket, my middle was too thick!

I am 5'5' (all upper body) and I am now thinking I need to lose at least 25 lbs by June 13th!!! I am 270 lbs :sad1::scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter