inexpensive soccer cleats

tchrchgo

Mouseketeer
has anyone seen inexpensive soccer cleats in the stores? I looked on craigslist but don't want someone's beaten up old soccer shoes. any help finding a bargain is appreciated!

Dick's sporting goods had a package last week. Nike cleats, socks, soccer ball, and shin guards for 40.00. The shoes alone were 29.99 so we did the package. HTH

Just bought some at Target in the sporting goods aisle for DD5, they were black and pink - boys black and sliver, for $19.99.

tchrchgo - where are you located? I have about 10 pair of gently used soccer, baseball & football cleats here in sizes too small for my boys - I'd love to pass them on!

We used to get ours at payless. I know you don't want beat up soccer shoes, but from a mom of 3 who play and DH who has played since he was 3 and is now a soccer referee, your kids may be more comfortable in shoes that have been "broken" in. My boys do not like new cleats as they hurt their feet and they can't feel the ball as well.

If you buy new please "bend them" with your hands to soften them up and maybe have the kids wear 2 pairs of socks. It is hard to play a sport with your feet when they are hurting you. :rotfl:

I just bought some for my DDs at MCsports for $14.99 a pair. I also know that Dunhams had them on sale for the same price this week.

I bought some for $10 at our locally owned sports store. They were a good brand to. Might call your local guys.

I wouldn't give up on Craig's List. A lot of kids only play seasonally (like mine) and by the time the next season comes around they don't fit and they wind up being very gently worn. I have not bothered to sell mine as I always buy off season and have never paid more then $5 (some as low as $1.50 new!), so I usually just pass them on to a friend. Anyway, it might be worth a try.
Oh, and for the future, check out places like Target off season, that's where my best deal have come from!

I saw some really neat Puma ones at Marshall's a couple of weeks ago. Kid sizes I believe - not sure what size you're looking for. They were $14.99.

I got my son some at Shoe Show for just $7. They had last years styles on clearance. Had to pay $23 for ones for my DD12 though-- she wanted womens shoes. But at least her feet seem to have quit growing.

I would check with the coach before just buying the cheapest thing you find. I teach high school, and our coarch also coaches a rec team for his DD8. He puts out a suggested list of brands for the parents b/c he says that someo f them are injuries waiting to happen. If the spikes don't fuction correctly kids can injure their feet (torn tendons and ligaments from planting an slipping is a common one).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter