Indianapolis Festival 500 Half - May 8th, 2010

Man, Jackie, if I'd known you were driving, I'd have pitched my stuff in your car and shared the gas! <LOL>

As my tickets are non-refundable, I'm stuck with flying (and you're spared squeezing one more into the car :laughing:). Looking forward to seeing you and your family there, though!

You know, I'm beginning to think you don't like us. Oh... I forgot... we haven't met yet. You don't stay anywhere long enough for us to meet!

I know. It is one of the many disadvantages to having a husband who works nights with very few vacation days per year. I can sign up for a ton of races, but I always arrive the night before and leave the night after. I'm doing five half marathons in 7 months and I think the only expo I will actually make it to is the one for the Illinois half. The only reason I can make it to that one is because it is about 5 blocks from my office!

I have dreams of real race vacations once my girls are old enough to either stay home by themselves or cheer me on during the race by themselves.

Frank - I'm game. Looked at their menu and it has all my family's favorites. (Although I'm sure DD will have her own say shortly. :) Far be it from me to speak for her.)

dislvr - I have to admit, it's really nice now that we can plan things on our own without worrying about schedules. And as of Jan 1st, 2011 I actually get 4 weeks of vacation. If only they'd give me a paycheck large enough to fund the races that I could do with those 4 weeks!

Wendy - We have to coordinate better next time. Although that many hours in the car with our family might have sent you screaming to the side of the road... :scared1: I think we're planning to leave Thursday and spend the night somewhere along the way. Depending on DD's exam schedule, we might be able to leave Wednesday, but that would mean more hotel nights. I'm not looking forward to the drive, but hope maybe we'll have enough time that we can stop along the way. I've done that trip once (when I was 12!) but DH and DD never have.

Jackie

I only have one exam on Wednesday, and it's from 11:00-1:30, but they never take the full amount of time. And I still have to figure out how to do all this because basically I'm gonna have to be moved out before we leave. Maybe I'll just take everything home and sleep in a sleeping bag the last couple of days. Have to sell my textbooks early too.

*Firedancer* (I'm assuming you're Frank)-I haven't had a chance to look at the menu yet, but I love Italian. Don't believe what my mom tells you.
P.S. ARSENAL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GUNNERS!!!!!!!!

OSF sounds great! Used to be one of my favorite restaurants back when I was in college and haven't been to one in years. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Need to book airfare out to Indy soon. Just finished booking tickets down to Orlando for the Princess Half. A group of my friends are doing the Coast to Coast this year and since I couldn't go to WDW in January, will do Princess this year (and hope I'm not the only guy running).

DH and I are in! This is our first half :) My step-mom has done this one 3-4 times and LOVES it!

Would love to get a WISH shirt before then!

Just got back from a few weeks down south so back to the Disboards. I am trying to find a place to stay for the Friday night before the race. Wish I had done it earlier, but it slipped to the bottom of the "to do" list. Now, I am paying premium price to stay downtown. Hopefully, I will book later today. Did the Donald in January. Now I am back to training for the Princess half marathon in March. A foot and a half of snow on the ground doesn't help!

Meg

Meg, have you tried the Crowne Plaza at Union Station? I got a pretty good rate their by booking through the Mini website. It is only a couple of blocks from the expo and start/finish line. We stayed there last year and really liked it. It was a much better deal than the Westin or Marriot.

Just got back from a few weeks down south so back to the Disboards. I am trying to find a place to stay for the Friday night before the race. Wish I had done it earlier, but it slipped to the bottom of the "to do" list. Now, I am paying premium price to stay downtown. Hopefully, I will book later today. Did the Donald in January. Now I am back to training for the Princess half marathon in March. A foot and a half of snow on the ground doesn't help!

Meg

Try calling the convention center and not the hotels directly. They had the best price when I called in Sept to change my reservation from two nights to one.

Count me in for dinner at OSF. As of now, I think I'm driving to Indy. I'll arrive on Thursday and will probably start heading home late Saturday afternoon. If I can find a reasonable airfare and flight times, I will fly instead. But so far, no good rates and no good flight times.

Is there a thread listing where people are staying? I know many are staying at the Hilton. I actually have a res. at the Hilton and the Embassy Suites. I booked the Hilton, but couldn't get the Thursday night. Could only get Fri. & Sat. I was able to get all 3 nights at the Embassy. Are any WISH-ers staying at the Embassy Suites?

Terri

I had to go look it up, we booked so long ago! Jim and I are staying at the Hilton also.

dislvr-That video made me want to move to Indianapolis right now. I could totally win the festival pageant. And then I'd get to ride in the parade, and I could "accidentally" forget where the float was and end up with the drivers.

I would just like to go on the record and say that anyone who says Greenville, NC is flat has very obviously never run it. I'll admit, we lack big hills good for sledding. But there are plenty of short, steep ones, that make your calves start burning and you start wondering where the bleep the hill came from. I think my jogging professor deliberately finds hilly routes.

You have a jogging professor? That's pretty cool. IN is super flat compared to what you are used to.

The 500 Festival princesses do quite a bit with the drivers. They also pass out water at the last water stop at the mini, so you'll have an opportunity to size up the competition! All you have to do is transfer to an IN college. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind that at all. ;)

ECU requires everyone to take an hour credit's worth of an exercise class. Jogging was offered, so I signed up for that. We do about 2 1/2 miles every Tuesday and Thursday.

Hey Mom, I'm gonna transfer. We like the Hoosiers right?

Finally booked my room. Got a good rate ("senior"!!) at the Hyatt Regency. Oh well, at least there is something good about getting old! Now, if I could only figure out a way to get the snow to stop. We got 9 more inches today. Another snowstorm is on the was this weekend. Does shoveling snow equal doing 10 miles?

Meg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter