Indianapolis Festival 500 Half - May 8th, 2010

WDWFAN9

DIS Veteran
Dinner Plans added below!
Hello Team!

Some of us are registering for the Indy half next May 8th. I know, I know, that is a long time from now, but this race traditionally sells out so I wanted to let everyone know about it in plenty of time. DH Jim and I did this one in 2008 and it is by far the best half we have done in terms of entertainment and crowd support. The course is very flat (and includes a lap around the Indy Speedway) and the medal is really cool....whatelse is there?? Oh ya, the registration costs only $50 - what a bargain!!

Right now through the race website you can get a room at the Hilton (within walking distance of the expo, race start/finish, and after-race party) for only $103 per night for that Friday and Saturday night. That is an amazing price and rooms probably won't be available for long.

If you are looking for a fun event next spring please come join us - the more the merrier!!

WDWFAN (Pat) and DH jims2cool (Jim)
FireDancer (Frank)
getnthinr (Wendy)
Tiger Lily 03 (lily)
Maherae (Anne) and DH Robert
MouseDogMom (Jackie)
escape (Susie) and DH Steve
kareneast (Karen) and DH SpaceRanger (John)
mousemgr2 (Susan) and Cathy
TEK224 (Terri)

Dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory Friday night:

Firedancer
MouseDogMom & 2
TigerLily 03 & DH
WDWFAN9 & jims2cool
kareneast & SpaceRanger
TEK224
Maherae & DH
CapeCodRod
getnthnr

:woohoo::woohoo::thumbsup2:woohoo::woohoo:

You just had to post this today, didn't you? I was talking about this today at work, and how it's on my must-do list. Just don't know if 2010 is the year or not! Must put the budget cap on and work out some more details. DD is the huge Indy fan, and she's even said she'll find a way to run a half if I decide to do this one...

Jackie

This is on my list of possible races for next spring along with the Flying Pig, Kentucky Derby Festival, and some other possible spring runs. It is one I will definitely do one day and if it turns into a big WISH meet I may just have to make May 8th that one day.

I have a friend that also runs and we do a lot of these together to save on money. We usually get together in December and do some planning. I should know closer to then.

This is also on our to-do list but were thinking of the Flying Pig next year. Have to take a look at the schedules and see how it all fits together.

Pat's such a great salesperson -- and this one is far enough out that even I can budget it, so I'm in -- registered for the race and reserved the hotel. Jump on the WISH wagon! :cool1:

Jump on the WISH wagon! :cool1:

I'm poised to jump... we're just trying to figure out if we can budget enough for airfare or if we can actually make that drive. I'm more than 50/50 at this point though. Right now my race calendar tentatively includes Richmond Full, Disney Half, Myrtle Beach Half, and Indy. Guess I should buy a lottery ticket?

Jackie

I'm definitely in on this one! I've been hoping to get to do this but that weekend has always been planned. Finally the date is free so I'm there.

Hotel: BOOKED
Race Registration: COMPLETED

See ya there, WISHers!!:cool1:

Frank, you've met the group..come on down!! The race officials may even put the speed check radar on YOU as you go around the raceway!! :rotfl:

Jackie, Haven't seen you in sooooo looooonnnggggg..:flower3: Hoping the budget holds good things!!

:goodvibes Anne
:car: :car: :car: :car: :car:

I just did this one last month! Did it with DH and my son-in-law. Haven't decided if I'm up to another one or there or not. Running on the speedway was fun, but I really enjoyed the half at WDW more. I'll talk with DH and see what he thinks before I commit again.

I think I am going to at least reserve a room for this since it is already hard to get rooms that weekend without paying Poly prices. Have you guys checked out the times from 2009, they are really fast!

anyone have a link?

Ok, I am a total non-techie type person, so I hope this works....

http://www.500festival.com/marathon/

Search under mini-marathon. So far all of us have registered at the Hilton through the race site link. The $103 per night is only available for Friday and Saturday nights I think, and is an amazing rate.

Hope to see you there!!

Oh and don't worry about pace, the 4 hr timelimit starts when the last person crosses the start line, but......it is a flat and wide course, perfect for those speed demons among us!

I called the Hilton and to get the special price you have to go through the sales department. If anyone calls the Hilton ((317) 972-0600) don't ask for reservations, ask for Jonathon Malendzes (sp) in the sales department.

I left him a message. As long as there is a refund if I cancel in a reasonable amount of time I am going to book Friday and Saturday night today.

You can book the room right thru the web site, too.

Cancellation Policy:
Cancels after 03/17/2010 will be charged a $25 cancellation fee. Cancels after 04/21/2010 will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Cancels after 04/28/10 may be charged a cancel fee by the hotel.

I have a room reserved at the Hilton. I was trying to book it through the Hilton site but you have to use the link on the travel page of the mini marathon site. I have until next March to opt out but as long as it doesn't interfere with something else and I don't get injured I'm sure I'll see you there.

I assume there will be another Nashville-style WISH meet:confused3

I have a room reserved at the Hilton. I was trying to book it through the Hilton site but you have to use the link on the travel page of the mini marathon site. I have until next March to opt out but as long as it doesn't interfere with something else and I don't get injured I'm sure I'll see you there.

I assume there will be another Nashville-style WISH meet:confused3

Awesome news!! And yes, there will definitely be a WISH meet. There are at least two pasta places within walking distance of the Hilton.....Bucca de Bepo and Old Spaghetti Factory.

Come on, who else wants to join the fun? If you register at the Hilton request a room near the WISH Racing Team!! Hopefully we can all get rooms on the same floor.

Halfway there... once Frank mentioned that you have until March to opt out of the hotel, I went ahead and booked a room at the Hilton so that part is done. (Of course, I forgot to request to be near the WISH block, but I figure I can always call them closer to race time and add that part...)

Now I have to commit to the race registration!

Jackie

I'm not "officially" in but I have made room reservations at the Hilton. We had so much fun in Nashville! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter