Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

A French Hidden Mickey

IMG_0078.jpg

Still have a bit more to read, but I had to stop and comment on this awesome Hidden Mickey! ::MickeyMo I wonder if a CM arranged the table and chairs, hoping some astute guest would catch it!

As usual, the photography is amazing! You must be getting really excited for the Spring trip!

Kathy

I hate to see your report end, but looking forward to another.

@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR! :cool1:

I did love those queen beds at CSR, & wish that CBR had them.

We will be celebrating our 45th anniversay, lots of water under the bridge! :cloud9:

Wicket's Mom said:
@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR!

That sounds like a deal! I am going to book it at CBR. Now, is it worth it to book through AAA vs not? Part of me just wants to do this now and not wait to book through AAA, but I know the AAA diamond parking is rockstar. Anything else they offer?

D4D

If I hadn't been there myself before, I would have a hard time believing that little corner of France was actually in a theme park. Your pictures make it look like the real deal!

Wow! You two never fail to impress me with your unique perspective and camera angles allowing me to see our happy place in a new way. I love it. And trust me... look forward to exploring every last nook and cranny of France with you, ME, in May!

That is what I love about taking pictures. The possibilities are limitless and the actual picture does still the senses in a different way depending on the angle and lighting and all the other tech stuff.

France - here we come. :thumbsup2 I love Epcot. I really want to spend as much time there as possible.

I think France has a KP mission, so that's on my list!

Jen - so sorry you are selling your DVC contracts but can't argue with your priorities! My home resort is BCV and I do love it but primarily for location and Stormalong Bay. I can't imagine staying anywhere else . But I'd agree that the rooms themselves are in BIG need of a refurb.

Jen texted me this morning that they have a buyer for her big contract. I am sure that's a relief!

When it comes right down to it, I'm not sure you can pick a "bad" Disney resort. And I'll be looking forward to your TR!

I agree with that! There is no *bad* resort. I think they are all unique in character. I am actually looking forward to seeing the new Art of Animation when it opens up. That sounds cool.

For my May traveling companions - that is not to say we won't adore BCV. And how much time do you spend in the room anyway? The common area, SAB, the quiet pool, the walk to Epcot and DHS... all of that we're going to love!! :yay::woohoo::dance3:

I plan to adore BCV. I love the location. I already know I love all the common areas and the theme. It's going to be fabulous!

I enjoyed your pictures around France and on your way out of the park. I still have never seen Serveur Amusant.

I knew he had a name , I was just too lazy to look it up. :headache: Thanks Glen! I can't believe you've never seen him. That's what happens when you spend to much time calling the phone booths in England!

I'm looking forward to the recap and photopass pictures.

Thanks. I've gotta get on that, but have a lot to do the next several days.

I can't believe your TR is over!

Dont give up on me yet - I usually find creative ways to stretch it out. ;)

Although, I also can't believe that this trip was in September! :eek:

See what I mean about stretching things out! :rolleyes1

I loved all the WS pics! I have never seen that performer in France, we always seem to miss all the fun stuff in WS somehow! I really want to see those drummers in Japan someday, we always miss them too! :) Can't wait to read the recap! :cool1:

We did have so much fun with the WS pcs this trip.

The performer in France is fun. I saw him the last two trips. Just got lucky, I guess.

I have never seen the japan drummers, but will keep my eye out for them.

I've never stopped to watch that performer in France, just seen the show from a distance - looks pretty impressive though!

He really was good. I wonder if he ever messes up....I doubt it!

I too, want those pins that spell Walt Disney World, so cute!!

I know - how cute (and expensive) are they! :rotfl: I couldn't even bring myself to look at the price!

I
I'm sad your report is at it's end, but looking forward to your next one, I know you're going to have some fabulous pictures from the F&GF!!
I know the next one is going to be seriously action packed. We are now talking about some serious blender drinks by the quiet pool! Watch out!

Jen, I would totally not worry about your DS missing the first two days of kindergarten, he won't miss much!

CBR is a lovely resort, but I don't know about those full sized beds for your DH, he'd probably need one bed all to himself....

I totally agree with missing kindergarten.

Sounds like Jen is going to book CBR. Just got a text from her!

I have to get ahead of myself just a tiny bit on my own TR in order to comment on yours. That favorite "French" acrobat that is the favorite is actually...

A Russian who came right out of the Russian circus!!!!! :scared1::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: (We've been to many!)

I wanted a picture with him, which I did get, (you'll have to wait for that) and immediately noticed his accent. When I asked him if he was in fact, Russian, he go the funniest EVER smirk on his face, and admitted that yes, he was. After a fun picture, I bid him a hearty Das Vidanya, and he cracked up. So funny!

:lmao:

Ah Liesa - that's a great story!!!!!! A French imposter! What the heck????? I bet he did crack up when you starting whipping out your Russian. So funny. From the Russian circus to Epcot. Maybe that's why he didn't like the chardonnay! :headache:

Still have a bit more to read, but I had to stop and comment on this awesome Hidden Mickey! ::MickeyMo I wonder if a CM arranged the table and chairs, hoping some astute guest would catch it!

Probably! And Jen was just astute enough to get it. Mary Ellen - not so much! :laughing:

As usual, the photography is amazing! You must be getting really excited for the Spring trip!

Kathy

Thank you and YES - can't wait for the May trip. That's why its so fun to read your TR, because it looks like you ladies had nothing but non stop fun!!!!!!!

I hate to see your report end, but looking forward to another.

Thanks! It's always sad to finish a TR, but it is great to have another trip to look forward to.

@Jen, you must come Sept.7 & stay at CBR. Of course I'm biased because we arrive on that date & are staying at CBR! :cool1:

I did love those queen beds at CSR, & wish that CBR had them.

I am pretty sure she is staying at CBR and staying through her anniversary on the 10th, so you should definitely plan a DIS meet. What fun!

We will be celebrating our 45th anniversay, lots of water under the bridge! :cloud9:

Major congratulations on that!!!!!! You will have the best time. Disney is so great with the anniversary surprises. DH and I had a great 20th anniversary there. We felt like celebs.

Enjoy!!!!!!

That sounds like a deal! I am going to book it at CBR. Now, is it worth it to book through AAA vs not? Part of me just wants to do this now and not wait to book through AAA, but I know the AAA diamond parking is rockstar. Anything else they offer?

D4D

Well, we already texted about this, so happy trip booking! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

If I hadn't been there myself before, I would have a hard time believing that little corner of France was actually in a theme park. Your pictures make it look like the real deal!

Thanks Jackie. France really is covered in so much detail. I can't wait to go back and do a KP mission there. Oh yeah ....and buy wine.....without a cork!

I need to revamp my siggie quite a bit, but look what I added!

YAY!

:cheer2::cheer2:party::cheer2::cheer2:

Now I need to make a spreadsheet, check park hours, book ADR's - so much to do!

Mary Ellen: What I've learned from this TR is that TR's can be fun and I promise I'll do one for this Sept trip with LOTS of pics, if you promise to read it!

D4D

Sorry your trip report is coming to a close. :sad2:
I truly enjoy all the wonderful pictures you ladies provide, just beautiful.:hug:
Looking forward to the recap etc.
:flower3:

btw, the screwcap on wine is called a Stelvin Closure.(she says in her snootiest voice) it "think" it started with a particular winery etc. :flower3:

I see it more and more at work, but mostly on whites. Not so much on reds, where people look for the nice red moist cork end. :goodvibes

KIM

I need to revamp my siggie quite a bit, but look what I added!

YAY!

:cheer2::cheer2:party::cheer2::cheer2:

Very nice Jen! What are your actual dates??????

Now I need to make a spreadsheet, check park hours, book ADR's - so much to do!
:rotfl2: That's great Jen! Your trip is going to be great. I wish I was going that time of year, but my friends picked HH. As soon as my contract passes (*O please, O please, O please*), I am going to nail down some dates for Denny and I. I was going to go after T'giving, but I may wait and try the first week of December.

Mary Ellen: What I've learned from this TR is that TR's can be fun and I promise I'll do one for this Sept trip with LOTS of pics, if you promise to read it!

D4D
Trip reports are fun, plus I have met the nicest people through the TR boards - 5 of which I will be vacationing with in May. Where else does that happen but here!

I will definitely read your TR Jen. I just don't know where you will find the time.

Sorry your trip report is coming to a close. :sad2:
I truly enjoy all the wonderful pictures you ladies provide, just beautiful.:hug:
Looking forward to the recap etc.
:flower3:

Thanks for joining us Kim. And thanks for the compliments on the pics.

Now - just remember - Jen just promised to write a TR in Sept. Will see really do it????

btw, the screwcap on wine is called a Stelvin Closure.(she says in her snootiest voice) it "think" it started with a particular winery etc. :flower3:

I see it more and more at work, but mostly on whites. Not so much on reds, where people look for the nice red moist cork end. :goodvibes

KIM

That is interesting! The things you learn here on the boards. Thanks for that interesting tidbit. I am drinking out of a bottle right now with a Stelvin closure.

Great "dragging yourself out of Disney" shots!! You got some wonderful ones of Serveur Amusant...I'm always cringing too much to take pictures! :laughing:

Love that Figment made an appearance on the pin merchandise...I love that guy, it makes me sad how often he is maligned! (Actually, I'm wearing my Figment shirt right now! :thumbsup2)

Great "dragging yourself out of Disney" shots!! You got some wonderful ones of Serveur Amusant...I'm always cringing too much to take pictures! :laughing:

That'd exactly how I felt - like I was dragging myself out of Disney.

Glad you like Serveur Amusant's pictures. That is such a fun act to watch, but now that I know he's really from Russia, the illusion is ruined. :laughing:

Love that Figment made an appearance on the pin merchandise...I love that guy, it makes me sad how often he is maligned! (Actually, I'm wearing my Figment shirt right now! :thumbsup2)

I like Figment, too! You have a Figment shirt - that's pretty cool. :thumbsup2 I have never seen one! I would love a Figment T.

As always, wonderful pictures!!! Those pin ones are so cool.

Jen - I'm glad you have a buyer for your big contract. Too bad it's not me! Got any March UY?
Looks like you can get started on some big planning for your next trip!! We really liked CBR.

This has been such a fun TR to read! I always got excited for an update and more amazing pictures! Thank you both for sharing!

Those pictures of France are amazing! I would also love to have one of the pin pictures, very cute. Too bad your trip is ending, I will miss looking at your pictures.

I hate that the trip report is almost over. I loved looking at all of your beautiful pictures and reading about your adventures. At least I can still look forward to your final thoughts.

Jen, I see that you've decided your headed back to Disney but I guess I missed where you decided to stay.

Ah Liesa - that's a great story!!!!!! A French imposter! What the heck????? I bet he did crack up when you starting whipping out your Russian. So funny. From the Russian circus to Epcot. Maybe that's why he didn't like the chardonnay! :headache:

!

Yes, I'm sure he would have been much more "at home" with a bottle of Vodka! :lmao:

I've not deserted you Jen and MaryEllen; things have just been super busy with my brother, work and things at home. I am still reading, just haven't had a lot of time to comment. The pictures continue to be great.

Jen, it looks like we miss you by a couple of weeks.

Oh my goodness with the stressful last day!

That wait for the bus was ridiculous! I must admit that with our Oct stay at BLT and recent stay at Poly I’ve come to realize that Monorail resorts have terrible bus service! We waited 45 minutes for an AK bus! There, of course, was standing room only and there was a squabble over who was getting on the bus! Who had been there longer kinda thing! UGH!

I do, however, think it’s hilarious that you took a picture of a women scratching her derrière!!! LOL!!!

The AP trouble would have killed me! Really? How did the CM not realize that you weren’t upgrading for just that trip?! Hello!

Love the video! The song and your voice are beautiful!

Your DHS pics are amazing as are you pics from your ride on the Friendship boat! BTW, I don’t think remembering the 5 and 10 from your childhood doesn’t show your age! Because, I remember going to the 5 and 10 when I was kid! Although I’m not sure that anything cost 5 or 10 cents!

I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for your resale DVC buy, MaryEllen!!!!!

I have the opposite disease of you! My disease is “it’s the last day, I’m in denial, so take hardly any pictures!” It’s very annoying! Because I always, always regret it!

Not brave enough for the SAB slide?! Girl, you go on TOT!!! I think we all have to try it once! My niece and DD conned me into the slide at poly! I ended up hitting my elbow and giving myself a cut! YIKES!

Your pics of Boardwalk from the boat are amazing too! I really, really hope I can get it for Dec!!!

More beautiful epcot pics and you found a hidden mickey like mine frin outside of Casey’s in Oct!!! I must say your Epcot pics have me longing for some good quality WS time in May! It’s very, very hard to get that with 3 kids or with a DH who doesn’t feel well! Wooo hooo!!! Ok, one more time, Wooooooo hooooooooo!

Awww, I hate to see it end! But, I know there will be lots more Disney fun to be had soon!

Jen, good luck with school!!!!

ActuallyMary Ellen we spent our 40th & 43rd anniversary at WDW. No better place for me. A great way to go "overseas" without all of the hassles. :hug:

Jen it would be so great to have a meet in Sept.

My ticker seems to have disappeared & I couldn't fix it.

As always, wonderful pictures!!! Those pin ones are so cool.
Aren't those pin pictures the coolest??? Love them.

Hey - I think you are leaving today for your trip. Nice!

Jen - I'm glad you have a buyer for your big contract. Too bad it's not me! Got any March UY?
Looks like you can get started on some big planning for your next trip!! We really liked CBR.

I know she is happy (and sad, too).

Hey - I have a March UY too. I swear....it is hard to find hand ons for March.

I like CBR too. Good memories there!

This has been such a fun TR to read! I always got excited for an update and more amazing pictures! Thank you both for sharing!

Sheree - thank you! That is so nice to here. I'm so glad you enjoyed our TR and our pics. And you heard Jen - she promises to do one in September.

Those pictures of France are amazing! I would also love to have one of the pin pictures, very cute. Too bad your trip is ending, I will miss looking at your pictures.

Aren't those pins just so cute!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the pics! I promise a whole new batch on the East Meets West Trip. I even have an extra night, so that means MORE pictures!!!!!!

I hate that the trip report is almost over. I loved looking at all of your beautiful pictures and reading about your adventures. At least I can still look forward to your final thoughts.

I am so glad your enjoyed our TR and our pictures. I throw some pics in with the final thoughts. It will actually be interesting to go back and see my pics again because I started this TR soooooooo long ago.

Jen, I see that you've decided your headed back to Disney but I guess I missed where you decided to stay.

I think CBR is official for Jen. I think she's pretty excited. She loves trying new places. I know that feeling - I love staying at new resorts.

Yes, I'm sure he would have been much more "at home" with a bottle of Vodka! :lmao:
:rotfl2: Stolies! Not Grey Goose!

I've not deserted you Jen and MaryEllen; things have just been super busy with my brother, work and things at home. I am still reading, just haven't had a lot of time to comment. The pictures continue to be great.

No worries. I know you have had a ton of stuff going on. :hug: Last time I checked your TR there was nothing new written, so I know you have been super busy. Glad you have a few minutes to stop by.

Jen, it looks like we miss you by a couple of weeks.

Drat! I won't be going to the world in September or October at all, so I will miss everyone. I am going to HH instead in October. Not my first choice, but should be fun.

Oh my goodness with the stressful last day!

That wait for the bus was ridiculous! I must admit that with our Oct stay at BLT and recent stay at Poly I’ve come to realize that Monorail resorts have terrible bus service! We waited 45 minutes for an AK bus! There, of course, was standing room only and there was a squabble over who was getting on the bus! Who had been there longer kinda thing! UGH!

I was wondering about that because really, we hardly took any buses. We went to AK one day and the only other time we took a bus was to HS. I really dislike waiting for buses. It's just a drag, particularly when its hot and crowded.

I do, however, think it’s hilarious that you took a picture of a women scratching her derrière!!! LOL!!!

!

When I looked at those pictures I was actually a little surprise myself, that I did that. I must have been feeling especially ornery at that moment. That's what the "I'm sick" phone call from 1000 miles away will do to you! :sad2:

The AP trouble would have killed me! Really? How did the CM not realize that you weren’t upgrading for just that trip?! Hello!

Really! You said it! Clearly he was inexperienced and probably just learned how to upgrade tickets so he didn't know what he was doing.

I still wonder, to this day, if I hadn't discovered it, what would have happened in May. You would be waiting a long time for me in Mexico! :eek:

Love the video! The song and your voice are beautiful!

Melissa - Thank you so much for watching and listening! :hug:

Your DHS pics are amazing as are you pics from your ride on the Friendship boat! BTW, I don’t think remembering the 5 and 10 from your childhood doesn’t show your age! Because, I remember going to the 5 and 10 when I was kid! Although I’m not sure that anything cost 5 or 10 cents!

Thanks! I had good picture mojo that day!

Really? I thought they did away with 5 and 10's when I was a kid. Gee - I'm not as old as I thought! lol!

I still have all my fingers and toes crossed for your resale DVC buy, MaryEllen!!!!!

Well - it's been two weeks, so no news is good news. I will be pretty disappointed if it doesn't pass. I feel pretty optimistic right now!

I have the opposite disease of you! My disease is “it’s the last day, I’m in denial, so take hardly any pictures!” It’s very annoying! Because I always, always regret it!

I am going to remember that in May so you don't neglect your last day pictures again

Not brave enough for the SAB slide?! Girl, you go on TOT!!! I think we all have to try it once! My niece and DD conned me into the slide at poly! I ended up hitting my elbow and giving myself a cut! YIKES!

Did you forget my Vero Beach trauma??? (how quickly they forget). I am now officially afraid of water slides, but I'll give it a go...maybe!

Your pics of Boardwalk from the boat are amazing too! I really, really hope I can get it for Dec!!!

More beautiful epcot pics and you found a hidden mickey like mine frin outside of Casey’s in Oct!!! I must say your Epcot pics have me longing for some good quality WS time in May! It’s very, very hard to get that with 3 kids or with a DH who doesn’t feel well! Wooo hooo!!! Ok, one more time, Wooooooo hooooooooo!

!

Thank you and I hope you can get the Boardwalk, too. Weren't you supposed to stay there during one of your many trips???? Forgive me - your trips do get a little confusing. I wish we all had that problem.

If my VWL passes than I want to stay there over the holidays, but I also really want to try the Boardwalk.

Glad you like my (not so) hidden Epcot Mickey.

I want to spend LOTS of time in the WS. Love it there!

Awww, I hate to see it end! But, I know there will be lots more Disney fun to be had soon!

Jen, good luck with school!!!!

Well - I have a little bit more to talk about, so stick with me.

Oh - and Jen - she's a freakin genius...she will ace school!

ActuallyMary Ellen we spent our 40th & 43rd anniversary at WDW. No better place for me. A great way to go "overseas" without all of the hassles. :hug:

Nice! So you have had firsthand experience on the greatness of an anniversary at the world. I was so impressed with our anniversary experience.

Jen it would be so great to have a meet in Sept.

I hope you guys can work that out!

My ticker seems to have disappeared & I couldn't fix it.

I've had that happen, too. But then they come back for some weird reason. Someone smarter than me probably knows why.

No worries. I know you have had a ton of stuff going on. :hug: Last time I checked your TR there was nothing new written, so I know you have been super busy. Glad you have a few minutes to stop by.

Drat! I won't be going to the world in September or October at all, so I will miss everyone. I am going to HH instead in October. Not my first choice, but should be fun.

We will miss you too!

Actually, I posted a little unexpected trip that I am taking in 24 days to Florida (but no Disney). I am super excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter