Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Final thoughts/future trips 4/2p90 The End 4/4p92

I am so impressed that you both looked down and actually SAW that hidden mickey, tres maginifique!

No - Jen saw it. I practically walked right over it before I realized what she was taking a picture of. :rotfl:

Cynthia - your French is SO much better than mine. :rotfl2:

I think the YC is harder to see villas it actually is quite a bit smaller than the other two. Not that it's small but I can say, after staying there, you really do feel tucked away and oh so private. I think it's 500 or so rooms which, after WL did feel small. :rotfl:

Wow - only 500 rooms. Wow. I think the right word for it is exclusive. It really does look like a fab place to stay.

I am getting SOOOO excited for May! However, Mary Ellen you WILL go down that slide. You have to! But, you can do it after an adult bevie (or two :rolleyes1), I promise!

I am super excited, too! But that slide looks scary! It looks long and dark. I don't know. How about "maybe? " :confused3

It makes me sad, too. And I know Jen is none too happy.

I'd love to go to Tokyo dining for the sushi as well, maybe on my next family trip as I think we are ready for a break from Teppan.

Yeah - that will have to wait until my next trip with Denny and he doesn't 'love" sushi. He's a little squeamish about uncooked food.

Beautiful beautiful pictures. I do think it's Swolphin, BW, BC/YC.

I think it went that way the one time I rode it reverse, but I seriously must have zoned out last trip because I can't place the BC/YC stop.:confused3

Wow, amazing pictures in this update, from both of you ladies! :thumbsup2 I especially love the one of France, if I didn't know better, since I've never been there, I would think they were actually taken IN France! I really have to start doing that when I take pictures, instead of trying to get the whole pavilion in one shot, or an entire building, just focus in on one little detail, like a sign or a window!

Those little flat plush dolls are so cute, I want that queen of Hearts one! :cool1:

Wow, amazing pictures in this update, from both of you ladies! :thumbsup2 I especially love the one of France, if I didn't know better, since I've never been there, I would think they were actually taken IN France! I really have to start doing that when I take pictures, instead of trying to get the whole pavilion in one shot, or an entire building, just focus in on one little detail, like a sign or a window!
I'm glad you like the pics. Detail shots-Try it. At first you think its going to be a weird picture, but then when you see the results you will see that its a fun way to take pictures.

Those little flat plush dolls are so cute, I want that queen of Hearts one! :cool1:

I agree, that is such a cute doll. Very different!

Nice Update! Both of you take such nice pictures, so sad to see that your TR is coming to an end.

Nice Update! Both of you take such nice pictures, so sad to see that your TR is coming to an end.

Thanks. I am glad that you are enjoying our pics. It helps that we are both photo bug junkies. I have no idea what my total photo count was, but it was A LOT!

SWEET updates, Ladies!! GREAT pictures (as always), especially the ones in France. You've taken finding HMs to a completely new level. Yes, the old camera is full trick.... almost as good as the battery exhausted one I pulled on my first 3 days. :sad2:

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, as always. So nice to see my home away from home... can't wait to be back there!

That hidden mickey with the shadow from the table and chairs is too cool!

ME- I will happily spend as much time as you'd like perusing wine selections and listening to French accents. ;)

SWEET updates, Ladies!! GREAT pictures (as always), especially the ones in France. You've taken finding HMs to a completely new level. Yes, the old camera is full trick.... almost as good as the battery exhausted one I pulled on my first 3 days. :sad2:

I had that happen on one of my trips. The memory card was full with 3 more hours to go. I was in a frenzy trying to delete all my dud pictures so I could photograph an afternoon parade. Since then I decided to always bring a brand new memory card.

Glad you like our France pictures. I think I have few more. Shocking, I know. :laughing:

Such fun pictures of the boat ride and France -- I felt like I was right there with you two!

Just a little something to hold you over until May! :thumbsup2

Beautiful, beautiful pictures, as always. So nice to see my home away from home... can't wait to be back there!

I hear ya!!!! Less than 2 months to go!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That hidden mickey with the shadow from the table and chairs is too cool!

That was a great find! I am so happy Jen saw that so quickly!

ME- I will happily spend as much time as you'd like perusing wine selections and listening to French accents. ;)

:thumbsup2 Great - let's so it. I also want to visit the Sake selection in Japan. I love pretty bottles. Especially bottles filled wit alcoholic goodness. Yup - that's right. I am a lush! :laughing:

Wow! Love that hidden mickey with the table and chairs.

Isn't that the best? Jen rocks for finding that little jem!

I was surprised at how well my camera shot pics even with an almost full card. Thank goodness for high-speed memory cards! I usually have two cards with me and I pack my Archos 404 to download pics. I've heard too many horror stories about people using the Kodak stations to burn discs of their pics just to find no pics on it when they get home! Not willing to let that happen to me, I won an iPod years ago and I quickly sold it on eBay and picked an Archos. By now I'm willing to bet you're wondering what an Archos is. Imagine a laptop hard drive with a screen on it. I can hook my camera to it and download pics PLUS I can VIEW them! Visual confirmation is always good. Most people are amazed when they see it but it's actually old technology.

On a side note: one of my DVC contracts sold already! It was posted Monday morning and had a buyer by the afternoon. I'm strangely excited and dissappointed at the same time. Talk about bittersweet. The money we are going to save monthly is a relief as well as the money we'll make from the sale; part of which will finance my Sept trip-in-planning. :thumbsup2:

D4D

I am getting SOOOO excited for May! However, Mary Ellen you WILL go down that slide. You have to! But, you can do it after an adult bevie (or two :rolleyes1), I promise!
::yes::::yes::::yes::

Love all of your boat ride pictures! :thumbsup2
Can't wait for BC :rotfl:
I have had a few of those wines from France....can never remember which ones...wonder why? :rolleyes1
A lot of the wineries here in upstate NY are going to screw top...I can't remember why. What is it with me and wine?!! :rotfl2:

Any news on your contract MEK? pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Tracy

Love all of your boat ride pictures! :thumbsup2
Can't wait for BC :rotfl:

Thanks and I KNOW!!!!!! 2 months!!!!!! :woohoo: Have you stayed there yet?

I have had a few of those wines from France....can never remember which ones...wonder why? :rolleyes1

Can't imagine. ;) Well, as long as you are prepared to try a few more then its all good.

A lot of the wineries here in upstate NY are going to screw top...I can't remember why. What is it with me and wine?!! :rotfl2:

I don't know why either, but I'm gonna look into that.

What is it with you and wine? Need I answer that - you - the one with the slushy lushy tag!

I visited that 50 mile wine trail on the way home from Niagara Falls. All I can say is WOW! I would love to do a weekend trip up there.

:

Any news on your contract MEK? pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I got the message a few days ago that It was sent to Disney for ROFR. So no news is good news, right????:wizard:

I don't know why either, but I'm gonna look into that.

I believe it's due to a cork shortage. Seriously.

And they've found that using cork doesn't do anything for the wine vs a screw top. In fact, boxed wine is the best for preserving wine since it's always air tight and away from light.

I don't know why I knew that. :confused3

D4D

both synthetic corks and screw tops are due to a cork shortage. Cork is mostly grown in Portugal, or at least good wine cork, cork trees, supposedly are. It takes 30 years for them to regenerate the layers and world consumption/need has vastly outstripped the supply and time needed to regenerate. Or something like that.

At any rate, synthetic corks were the first to come, the feeling in the industry was that people would revolt against screw tops so they snuck the synthetics in. Now, the screw tops.

Cost wise I imagine the screw tops cost less to produce, though not really sure. I believe, if memory serves, the screw tops are actually better than either real cork or synthetic but were avoided due to perceived stigma.

Then again it all could be a story I was told back in the day when I sold wine for a living, by self serving wine (snob) producers, extolling the fact that they would only ever use real cork.

Never say never!

both synthetic corks and screw tops are due to a cork shortage. Cork is mostly grown in Portugal, or at least good wine cork, cork trees, supposedly are. It takes 30 years for them to regenerate the layers and world consumption/need has vastly outstripped the supply and time needed to regenerate. Or something like that.

At any rate, synthetic corks were the first to come, the feeling in the industry was that people would revolt against screw tops so they snuck the synthetics in. Now, the screw tops.

Cost wise I imagine the screw tops cost less to produce, though not really sure. I believe, if memory serves, the screw tops are actually better than either real cork or synthetic but were avoided due to perceived stigma.

Then again it all could be a story I was told back in the day when I sold wine for a living, by self serving wine (snob) producers, extolling the fact that they would only ever use real cork.

Never say never!

Interesting Cynthia. Very interesting. I always though the twist tops were the sign of a cheap bottle of wine, but that's obviously not the case any more. I think I remember that from my college Reunite days. Hangover in a bottle.

I didn't know you sold wine. Cool, cause I know nothing about wine other than I like to try different types. My tastes are not discerning.

Never say never!

Who knew??!!

I always though the twist tops were the sign of a cheap bottle of wine...

The wife is instantly repelled by a screw top bottle of wine. The stigma lives on, if only by perception.

I make my own wine and always choose the synthetics over real cork, and not just for price reasons - I've never ingested part of a synthetic cork that accidentally broke off into the bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter