• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In Your Opinion, Which Ship Has the Best Customer Service?

i have to agree with Christiaan being an amazing cruise director. brent was okay, clayton was okay, ray was mehhh. now this is just our opinion and certainly not everyones. take it for the little its worth, lol.
as a side note, my friend who worked for dcl said Christiaan was loved by all the staff and was one of their favourites.

[QUOTE="MunFam, post: 53764766Anyways, what I am trying to say is that a bad experience is not ship based, or weather based, or even itinerary based. Its the luck of the draw. Who your dining staff are and who your SR host is make a large difference in your experience. Did we have a string of really bad luck, you bet! Will we cruise with DCL again, perhaps. Maybe even on the Wonder again. The ship was beautiful...but next time, I think I will be a lot more proactive in expressing my dissatisfaction early on about the things that are not okay vs. hoping that things change. One of our tablemates had been on 20+ cruise with DCL and they felt that our dining team was the worst they had ever had.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I had some very similar experiences on our first Disney cruise a few weeks ago. NO ONE went out of their way to create any of the "magic" I've been reading so much about on here. DS wore his bday button all day and even had a special bday shirt on. I can count the number of CMs that wished him a happy birthday throughout the day on one hand and still have fingers left. So, I created my own magic for DS and we had a memorable time. I found the service all around to be just ok. Not bad, but definitely not anything to rave about.

That said, I still booked a placeholder for at least three reasons...

1) the service wasn't horrible, just not "magical" like most people on here report to experience with every Disney cruise.

2) I enjoy cruising at least once a year. Now that I have DS, I think DCL is the best way to go because they have more accommodations for a child under 3. Also, DS lit up when he spotted Mickey and Minnie!

3) I figured our first Disney cruise experience HAD TO BE a fluke! Too many people on here RAVE about this Disney cruise "magic", so why not give it another try?

Based on other's comments on here, I was looking for CMs to ask and remember DS's name. Only the server asked and she constantly mispronounced it. No big deal, at least she tried to refer to him by his name. Now, I realize that's more likely (not guaranteed) to happen on a smaller Disney ship.

I'm looking forward to cruising on the Wonder.

In honor of full disclosure, I just got off the phone with DCL corporate, and due to our string of bad luck, they offered us 25% off our next cruise. They definitely earned my business back. While I was not expecting anything, other than to provide feedback for future training, I was pleasantly surprised by the generous offer!

In honor of full disclosure, I just got off the phone with DCL corporate, and due to our string of bad luck, they offered us 25% off our next cruise. They definitely earned my business back. While I was not expecting anything, other than to provide feedback for future training, I was pleasantly surprised by the generous offer!

That's great! I agre. I LOVE spending my hard earned money with businesses that provide excellent customer service!!!! I'm glad you were able to provide some constructive feedback and receive an incentive to book another cruise in return. :)

"I agree! I had some very similar experiences on our first Disney cruise a few weeks ago. NO ONE went out of their way to create any of the "magic" I've been reading so much about on here. DS wore his bday button all day and even had a special bday shirt on. I can count the number of CMs that wished him a happy birthday throughout the day on one hand and still have fingers left. So, I created my own magic for DS and we had a memorable time. I found the service all around to be just ok. Not bad, but definitely not anything to rave about.

That said, I still booked a placeholder for at least three reasons...

1) the service wasn't horrible, just not "magical" like most people on here report to experience with every Disney cruise.

2) I enjoy cruising at least once a year. Now that I have DS, I think DCL is the best way to go because they have more accommodations for a child under 3. Also, DS lit up when he spotted Mickey and Minnie!

3) I figured our first Disney cruise experience HAD TO BE a fluke! Too many people on here RAVE about this Disney cruise "magic", so why not give it another try?

Based on other's comments on here, I was looking for CMs to ask and remember DS's name. Only the server asked and she constantly mispronounced it. No big deal, at least she tried to refer to him by his name. Now, I realize that's more likely (not guaranteed) to happen on a smaller Disney ship.

I'm looking forward to cruising on the Wonder."
[/Quote]

I'm glad you're going to give it another try. You have to realize though, that the people here are very pro DCL and all their magical moments are reported here. You get a disproportional amount of magic versus normal. We didn't have any special magic, but had a great time! I'm expecting the same to Hawaii. If magic happens, so much the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter