In Your Opinion, Which Ship Has the Best Customer Service?

MommyMeNDisney

DIS Veteran
With the understanding that no ONE opinion is the "right" opinion, I am interested in hearing your opinions regarding the customer service on each Disney ship.

I'm trying to decide which ship to book our next Disney cruise on. If you don't mind, please share your opinion on which ship you prefer, based on customer service alone.

All ships are equal in customer service imho.

I think DCL sets high standards and normally 99% of CMs are very very good.

I would say there is a slight difference in Cruise directors, some excellent like Christian and some more managerial and less touchy feely.

To consider booking I would say whittle it down by.

• The Month when you want to cruise.
  • Where the ships are at that time.
  • The ports of call you want to go to.
  • If you do not mind crowds then the bigger newer ships are good, if you prefer less crowds the older ships.

For example, I have sailed most on the Magic that's as (1) it comes to Europe (20 has more interesting schedules. I haven't sailed the Dream that's because it does short 3/4 day trips, and goes to Nassau. I do not think Dream is a bad ship i just do not like short cruises and Nassau.

I didn't go on the Wonder for a long time due to that reason but went on it in Alaska for Alaska not customer service.

Last edited:
I think the Wonder has the best service of all of them. Crew also seems happiest on that ship, and that reflects in how they treat the guests. They all offer great service but I feel the Wonder shines a bit more

It really varies more by the specific crew members you get assigned. We've been on the Magic, Wonder and Dream, and our cabin stewards were fantastic on all three. Our serving staff was great on the Magic and Wonder and comparatively lackluster on the Dream. But we saw serving teams around us on the Dream that seemed very good. There's no point in drawing conclusions about a whole ship based on someone else's interaction with 0.1% of the staff.

I have heard for what it's worth that the Dream is the least popular ship to work on, because it just does 3- and 4-day turnarounds all year long, going to Castaway Cay and Nassau. It's a bit of a grind, I would think. The Magic and Wonder get to go all over, which has got to be nicer for the crew, just in terms of seeing more scenery, getting more varied schedules, etc. And the Fantasy does nothing but 7-day cruises, but alternating East and West Caribbean, so they get a bit more variety. And turnover day is the hardest, longest day for the crew, and the Fantasy has half as many turnovers as the Dream.

But in practice, our Dream cruise was excellent, and the only minor flaw was the servers, who weren't actually bad, just not as fun as our servers on the other two ships. I would take another Dream cruise if that itinerary worked for us without hesitation. But realistically we're not that excited about Nassau, so I don't see another Dream cruise in our future unless they shake up the destinations and send the Dream somewhere more interesting.

We've only been on the Fantasy once and the Wonder twice. We saw a noticeable difference in service between the two, with the Wonder being the best. It wasn't that the service wasn't wonderful on the Fantasy, because it was. It's just that on the Wonder, the smaller ship makes for a more intimate experience in my opinion. You really got to know certain CM, and they remembered you from day to day more so than on the Fantasy.

That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to sail on the Fantasy again. Had I never sailed on the Wonder, I would have been raving about the service on the Fantasy. I truly don't believe you wil be disappointed with any of the ships. We are on the Magic this summer and I can't wait. We will also be on the Magic again the following year. We choose our cruises similar to what Disney Fantasy described above, based solely on timing, itinerary and budget. The ship honestly doesn't matter to us at all.

It's all good!! You're on a Disney ship!!

We've only been on the Wonder and Dream but we love the crew on the Wonder. We've gotten to know quite a few of the Wonder crew and were disappointed some were on vacation on our last cruise. We are looking to find a way to book another cruise on the Wonder later this year to see them when they are back from vacation.

never had bad service however one of our cruises had lack lustre service. we were on the second sailing of the fantasy and a lot of the staff were still really in training so they were just trying to get their heads around what needed to get done and not always on the passengers.
as i say, not bad, just not great.

I think the Wonder has the best service of all of them. Crew also seems happiest on that ship, and that reflects in how they treat the guests. They all offer great service but I feel the Wonder shines a bit more

Is the Wonder the ship that has 7 Night cruises or the shorter cruises?

All ships are equal in customer service imho.

I think DCL sets high standards and normally 99% of CMs are very very good.

I would say there is a slight difference in Cruise directors, some excellent like Christian and some more managerial and less touchy feely.

To consider booking I would say whittle it down by.

• The Month when you want to cruise.
  • Where the ships are at that time.
  • The ports of call you want to go to.
  • If you do not mind crowds then the bigger newer ships are good, if you prefer less crowds the older ships.

For example, I have sailed most on the Magic that's as (1) it comes to Europe (20 has more interesting schedules. I haven't sailed the Dream that's because it does short 3/4 day trips, and goes to Nassau. I do not think Dream is a bad ship i just do not like short cruises and Nassau.

I didn't go on the Wonder for a long time due to that reason but went on it in Alaska for Alaska not customer service.

I think I want to try one of the smaller ships. One thing I didn't enjoy about the Dream, were the LONG & SLOW lines for character meets. Waiting in line for over an hour with a squirmy 12 month old to take a picture was not fun. But, DS lit up when he saw Mickey & Minnie Mouse from a distance, so I sucked it up and managed. I'm hoping the lines will be better on a smaller ship.

Last edited:
I think I want to try one of the smaller ships. One thing I didn't enjoy about the Dream, were the LONG & SLOW lines for character meets. Waiting in line for over an hour with at squirmy 12 month old to take a picture was not fun. But, DS lit up when he saw Mickey & Minnie Mouse from a distance, so I sucked it up and managed. I'm hoping the lines will be better on a smaller ship.

They are normally better on the older/smaller ships.

Dream/Fantasy 4000 cruisers
Magic/Wonder 2400>2700 cruisers,

Big differences.

It really varies more by the specific crew members you get assigned. We've been on the Magic, Wonder and Dream, and our cabin stewards were fantastic on all three. Our serving staff was great on the Magic and Wonder and comparatively lackluster on the Dream. But we saw serving teams around us on the Dream that seemed very good. There's no point in drawing conclusions about a whole ship based on someone else's interaction with 0.1% of the staff.

I have heard for what it's worth that the Dream is the least popular ship to work on, because it just does 3- and 4-day turnarounds all year long, going to Castaway Cay and Nassau. It's a bit of a grind, I would think. The Magic and Wonder get to go all over, which has got to be nicer for the crew, just in terms of seeing more scenery, getting more varied schedules, etc. And the Fantasy does nothing but 7-day cruises, but alternating East and West Caribbean, so they get a bit more variety. And turnover day is the hardest, longest day for the crew, and the Fantasy has half as many turnovers as the Dream.

But in practice, our Dream cruise was excellent, and the only minor flaw was the servers, who weren't actually bad, just not as fun as our servers on the other two ships. I would take another Dream cruise if that itinerary worked for us without hesitation. But realistically we're not that excited about Nassau, so I don't see another Dream cruise in our future unless they shake up the destinations and send the Dream somewhere more interesting.

That was our experience with our servers on the Dream. The first night, we arrived 15 min late because DS was still napping. When we arrived, the servers did not introduce themselves. We never met the head server. I thought it might have been because we were late, but our table mate mentioned the next night, that she was glad we were assigned a new table with different servers, because the servers the 1st night made her feel as though she was "bothering them" when she asked for anything. The servers the remaining 3 nights were good, not great, but not bad.

With the understanding that no ONE opinion is the "right" opinion, I am interested in hearing your opinions regarding the customer service on each Disney ship.

I'm trying to decide which ship to book our next Disney cruise on. If you don't mind, please share your opinion on which ship you prefer, based on customer service alone.
We've sailed on all 4 DCL ships within the past 18 months. Some of them multiple times. We've found the customer service to live up to Disney standards on all of them. There's no way I'd be able to pick one over the others. We base our sailings on price and itinerary.

They are normally better on the older/smaller ships.

Dream/Fantasy 4000 cruisers
Magic/Wonder 2400>2700 cruisers,

Big differences.
The number of passengers on board is only part of the equation. The newer ships also have more crew than the classic ships. I wonder that the actual passenger/crew ratio is for the two classes of ships.

The number of passengers on board is only part of the equation. The newer ships also have more crew than the classic ships. I wonder that the actual passenger/crew ratio is for the two classes of ships.
Passenger/Crew ratio is consistent across four, slightly closer on the classics re bars and people. Food is the same, staterooms same. CMs for kids clubs the same.

So yes newer ships have more staff but the per person is similar albeit less personal the more people there are, -it has to be.

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions! I sincerely appreciate it. Since I've been to most ports, I usually don't get off the ship. Prior to DS, i cruised solely for relaxation and entertainment onboard. Based on the feedback above and my desire to experience less people, especially now that I have a toddler that doesn't like to wait/stay still for very long, I think we will try the Wonder next! :)

I'm looking forward to sailing each Disney ship at least once, but I think we will go with the smaller ships next. :)

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions! I sincerely appreciate it. Since I've been to most ports, I usually don't get off the ship. Prior to DS, i cruised solely for relaxation and entertainment onboard. Based on the feedback above and my desire to experience less people, especially now that I have a toddler that doesn't like to wait/stay still for very long, I think we will try the Wonder next! :)

I'm looking forward to sailing each Disney ship at least once, but I think we will go with the smaller ships next. :)

The good thing in mixing up the ships is you can get different shows, some are exclusive to each ship.

Twice Charmed -Magic.
Toy Story- Wonder
Aladdin -Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter