In room gifts..... Let's talk about it.

I'd love to be able to order my in room gifts via email, but Disney only takes orders via fax or phone call which makes it very difficult & expensive for us international guests to order from them at all :sad2:

This is exactly what happened on the EBTA, both DH and myself had ordered this package as a surprise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were definitely surprised when we walked in and saw double of everything neatly laid out in our stateroom. The only trouble was 4 robes take up a lot of room in your luggage!

Were the robes nice though? What kind of material was it made from?

I would always by some of the one time use rainforest passes, and when everyone is out arrange them with brand new disney themed fluffy towels and a new book they've been wanting with the pass tucked in as a bookmark. Always a crowd pleaser :)

What a great idea... wish I had thought of doing that!:flower:

Totally agree about the blahness of what is offered... I keep looking hoping that there will be something new added to surprise the kiddos with.
What I have learned here is there is an option to get a basket at the world? Is that through Disney your outside (ie Shirley). Please share the insights... I think we are going to stop at the world for a couple of nights before we sail. Although I hate to then carry the stuff onto the ship, it is probably better than no surprise!:confused:

We're staying at CBR before our cruise and I've customized a basket through Disney Floral to be delivered there and we'll take it onto the ship. I had ordered through Shirley with a prior cruise, but it's my understanding that DCL doesn't allow outside companies to deliver to the ships anymore. It will be a pain to have to take it onto the ship with us when we board, but at least there are a lot more options through Disney Floral.

I agree with everything and wanted to add how annoying that the pictures of what you CAN order are so tiny!!! Surely they can offer a zoom option?

We had the Anna & Elsa's Warm Welcome gift package delivered to our WDW hotel room this summer and it was AMAZING! worth every penny. The whole room was basically decorated what with the welcome banner, dozen luminaria and snowflakes on the floor-not to mention ALL the gifts. I know DCL is limited on space and time but surely they could do something better than what they offer...especially for birthdays, anniversaries etc.

A tip I just picked up on my July cruise about the gift shop...they will gift wrap!! So pop in there when they open and pick out all the little things you want to surprise someone with and ask for them to be wrapped :) It was 2 of my girls birthdays and I didn't find this out until the next to last day but it is a great way to give gifts from Mickey on the cruise.

So I ordered the Romance for two package for DH and myself and also ordered the beer mug for DH.
The romance for two is $120 (or $125?) but does not include tax or gratuity so in the end it was $140. With the CDN exchange rate it cost me $170. Eeshhhh these better end up being FABULOUS damn robes :P and I didn't tell DH either of the purchases as I want them to be a surprise....hope he doesn't want to see the bill LOL At least I can tell him it was all paid for BEFORE our cruise and won't end up on the final bill at the end!

The last time I ordered something for my kiddos, Cruise Ship Minnie to go with their Mickeys, it was a real problem as they delivered vouchers that they had to take to the gift shop to get the Minnies only to arrive and found out they had none????? It took a while and some complaining but eventually 2 Cruise Ship Minnies where found so now they have the happy couple but they shouldn't offer something they can't come through with and if they're going to have to go to the gift shop, let me know in advance.

I'd love to be able to order my in room gifts via email, but Disney only takes orders via fax or phone call which makes it very difficult & expensive for us international guests to order from them at all :sad2:

There is a UK number if that helps somewhere on this site! Not sure if it does though!

Last time I did the Tinkerbell fairy nightly gifts and brought a bag of hidden treats for each kid. It was WAY better than the overpriced, dumb gifts they have offered IMHO. I also snuck to the gift shop for the stuffed sailor plush and asked our cabin attendant to leave them on their bed when he turned down at night. I'll probably do the same this next trip :)

Anyone know how long before the Christmas cruises they'll add the Christmas themed gifts to the online list?

I wish they would add a Sailor Mickey, like the one they have in the store. So I can surprise my boys, something! I agree with everyone, why would I want to order anything a head of time when we get food for free.

At the resort, you can build a gift basket.

Why not have that?

I suggest you buy gifts and secretly pack them. Perhaps some hooded towels of their favorite characters and/or custom Disney Cruise shirts.

what i want to know is what is that smilie doing in the OP? I have been pondering this for a whuile and here's the perfect chance to ask....looks like a circular yo-yo or............and what does it represent?

alone and bored and bouncing a ball against a wall.

If you hover your mouse over it, it tells you what it stands for. This one is "bored"

Totally off topic, but this reminds me of Steve McQueen's character in The Great Escape. He was always getting thrown in solitary in the prisoner of war camp and had only his baseball and glove to pass the time, so he threw it against the wall and caught the return over and over again. I wonder if if the emoji creator was thinking of something similar?

:bored:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter