In room gifts..... Let's talk about it.

Oh yes, Memories by Betsy! Thank you, I have used her years ago... Completely forgot all about her!

Thanks again Crystal!

PrincessTrisha, I used to order the exact same package for every DCL cruise we did. I thought it was very nice and a good price. Now the sparkling wine comes with just a "box of praline chocolates" I think.

PrincessTrisha, I used to order the exact same package for every DCL cruise we did. I thought it was very nice and a good price. Now the sparkling wine comes with just a "box of praline chocolates" I think.

Yes, when I saw that I was disappointed. Chocolates instead of the desserts - doesn't seem a fair trade to me.

I wonder if it's over priced on purpose? Almost to discourage? The only things that seem reasonable from what I can tell is the romance package because robes can be pricey, so I get the value of that. I will be ordering that for DH and myself this trip! And a little sparkling wine never hurt :) I'll also order the romance for 1 as a surprise awaiting my MIL in her room, as a birthday gift. Beyond that, nope. Got the beer mug last time for DH, he wasn't sure in the end if there was value in it (for as much as he used it) but will be bringing it along to use again, so that should work out.

Other than these items, everything else is beautiful but kind of a waste.

I was thinking about ordering this too. I actually thought this was a good price for 2 robes. I was actually concerned both of us would end up surprising each other w this.

That is a great idea! I would love to do that.

Spinoff question - Because the DCL gifts are so sad, I made goody bags for our group that is traveling in 3 rooms. Do you think there is any way I can get them in the rooms so they can be a surprise? Or should I just accept that I am going to be passing them out myself?

Definitely ask at Guest Services especially if your reservations are linked as they should be able to sort it - or ask their stateroom host if you see them. We happen to walk by a stateroom host for my Mums room on one cruise and said any chance they could drop something in her room for us and they did. It always pays to ask but its a lot easier to ask at the Front desk. They are usually very accomadating

I was thinking about ordering this too. I actually thought this was a good price for 2 robes. I was actually concerned both of us would end up surprising each other w this.
This is exactly what happened on the EBTA, both DH and myself had ordered this package as a surprise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were definitely surprised when we walked in and saw double of everything neatly laid out in our stateroom. The only trouble was 4 robes take up a lot of room in your luggage!

what i want to know is what is that smilie doing in the OP? I have been pondering this for a whuile and here's the perfect chance to ask....looks like a circular yo-yo or............and what does it represent?
Just had to address--pretty sure he is a riff on Steve McQueen's character from the Great Escape. Throughout the movie, while in solitary at the POW camp, he keeps bouncing a baseball off the wall. So guessing it represents boredom. (Great movie, by the way).

I would always by some of the one time use rainforest passes, and when everyone is out arrange them with brand new disney themed fluffy towels and a new book they've been wanting with the pass tucked in as a bookmark. Always a crowd pleaser :)

Yeah the gifts always seem expensive! And tbh room service food is free. So why not just consider doing Fish Extending and get the cake of the day? Or a Mickey Bar! Much more savvy on the bank and super fun. Wish they had more options too!

Just had to address--pretty sure he is a riff on Steve McQueen's character from the Great Escape. Throughout the movie, while in solitary at the POW camp, he keeps bouncing a baseball off the wall. So guessing it represents boredom. (Great movie, by the way).

AHHHHHH! NOW it makes sense...brilliant deduction, Holmes!!!

They used to have a lovely sail-away package that came with a bottle of sparkling wine and a very nice tray of treats (100x better than anything I found on board). I really miss that and wish they would offer it again. I'd buy it every time because it wasn't overly expensive (I think around $32) and very good. It was fun to toast our first cruise and first sail-away with champagne and treats and a great way to surprise my family.

Add this to my wish list for sure.

This is exactly what happened on the EBTA, both DH and myself had ordered this package as a surprise to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We were definitely surprised when we walked in and saw double of everything neatly laid out in our stateroom. The only trouble was 4 robes take up a lot of room in your luggage!
Do they take the robes back?

Why don't they let us order things from the gift shop to surprise our kids. Sure would make sense to me.

blah!

I'm guessing this would just be too much to deal with on departure. The stateroom hosts are already working double time to get the rooms turned over, and the shops CM's are probably cramming all their inventory into the few hours in port. I'm surprised they offer anything, honestly, except that the current "stateroom celebrations" are quick to install, are about 99% profit, and probably all pack flat enough for the stateroom hosts to stash around the ship for easy access.

My plan is to order the refillable water bottles for the kids, beer mug for my husband and the robe for myself. I am also hoping since it will be close to Christmas there is a mini Christmas tree I can order as well.

I'm guessing this would just be too much to deal with on departure. The stateroom hosts are already working double time to get the rooms turned over, and the shops CM's are probably cramming all their inventory into the few hours in port. I'm surprised they offer anything, honestly, except that the current "stateroom celebrations" are quick to install, are about 99% profit, and probably all pack flat enough for the stateroom hosts to stash around the ship for easy access.

I don't think so, you can order flowers and wine and beer. They would have to deliver all that as well. If they can deliver Flowers, Wine and Beer, then they can deliver gifts from the gift shop.

That is a great idea! I would love to do that.

Spinoff question - Because the DCL gifts are so sad, I made goody bags for our group that is traveling in 3 rooms. Do you think there is any way I can get them in the rooms so they can be a surprise? Or should I just accept that I am going to be passing them out myself?

Hi... We sort of do this. We usually travel with 2-5 cabins. I've retired from Fish Extenders, but we still bring it and hang it outside. We leave gifts for our children and other family members in theirs. Not the same as getting into their cabins, but they get the gifts nonetheless without me actually handing it to them. This Thanksgiving, we have 3 cabins, and I will just leave small gifts periodically for everyone.

Those of you who have gotten the robes before, are they the same ones they sell on the website for $120? If so, that package works out to be a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter