In room babysitting on Dream?

Don't worry about their comment. I would personally love an inroom sitter. It is no different than the Kids Nite Out that you can get at WDW. They are endorsed by WDW. My youngest can't stay up late and won't sleep in a nursery, which puts us back in our room around 9 each night. I considered bringing a nanny, but it is way too $$$!

Have you considered bringing a family member? We are bringing my mom and then my aunt is paying her own way and the two are sharing a room. Mom will be our in-room sitter whenever the kids are ready for bed (which is a good deal for my mom--a free cruise and honestly, my kids are night owls so she won't be having to go to bed much earlier than anyone else).

absolutely not!

Mj

You might get a more elaborate response from DCL, but the answer will ultimately come down to "absolutely not".

The Disney Company, along with it's affiliates and sister companies etc are probably litigated against more than most other companies in the US.

Easy cash to say you were offended, your child was offended, your child was abused, your child was humiliated during a show and is now scarred for life etc ect.

That's probably why other cruise lines still offer a in-room babysitting service aboard and DCL do not.
Blame the litigious circumstance's that have been brought about by no win, no fee lawyers, not DCL!

Ex Techie

You might get a more elaborate response from DCL, but the answer will ultimately come down to "absolutely not".

The Disney Company, along with it's affiliates and sister companies etc are probably litigated against more than most other companies in the US.

Easy cash to say you were offended, your child was offended, your child was abused, your child was humiliated during a show and is now scarred for life etc ect.

That's probably why other cruise lines still offer a in-room babysitting service aboard and DCL do not.
Blame the litigious circumstance's that have been brought about by no win, no fee lawyers, not DCL!

Ex Techie

As a side note, Disney also has one of the highest victory rates of any large corporation in court, and except in cases of gross negligence, they DO NOT settle. I read an entire book about their legal team that covers Disneyland in Orange County, out of several hundred lawsuits brought against them in a typical year they lost two or three and settled maybe a dozen others were they were cleary in the wrong, and I say good for them. The way to keep the lawyer scum from circling is by playing hardball.

Back to the topic at hand, I think the no-CM's alone with kids is probably the ONLY policy that DCL actual very strictly enforces across the board!

Not at all meant to be condescending...just adding emphasis....just wanted OP to know that is one policy that DCL strictly enforces. While it may happen on other lines it does not on DCL. Please do not assume to know my intent.

BTW....you have 36 posts so you do not know my posting style or anyone else's for that matter....that may come in time if you stay on this board....but until you do, I ask that you don't be so quick to judge people's responses. This is a very friendly board and we do not need people assuming other's intent...,that is how threads start to go down hill.

MJ

Excuse me, but your response reinforces my original post. Also my mere 36 posts may not compare to your multiple thousands but I have been reading these boards for many many years and are very familiar with your posting style, so if this is going downhill, it is because you are now taking umbrage and chastising me on the boards.

Though tempted at times, I've never reported a thread on disboards. And it seems there is already a mod on the thread so this isnt going to be my first. But seriously folks. It's a simple one word answer for the OP's question. Now we're on "Lawyer scum"? Really? There are a zillion places on the internet where one can express his or her views about lawyers. I like this place because it's usually a haven from that kind of stuff.

Though tempted at times, I've never reported a thread on disboards. And it seems there is already a mod on the thread so this isnt going to be my first. But seriously folks. It's a simple one word answer for the OP's question. Now we're on "Lawyer scum"? Really? There are a zillion places on the internet where one can express his or her views about lawyers. I like this place because it's usually a haven from that kind of stuff.

Yeah, my fault, that shouldnt have been said on a Disney planning section of the board, I got a little carried away. My apologies.

Considering that WDW offers in-room babysitting, I don't think the OP asked a question that was all that crazy. I realize that they don't offer the service, but to me, it falls more into the "unfortunately, no" range than in the "absolutely not! are you insane?" range. :)
Thank you...i was thinking of the resorts also, and know that plenty of people use it and love it... we have 6 children in 2 adjoining rooms. was thinking it would be nice if the parents can get a night out while the children are sleeping. I don't think the 4 year old would last in the nursery past 10 pm!!

I thought it was a very reasonable question. Some people don't like kids clubs, or their kids don't like kids clubs, or they want their child in bed at a certain time. These CM's are probably run through the wringer with background checks and I'd feel very comfortable with one of them babysitting with my children. Given that most child assaults are done at the hands of family/friends, what makes one think having a CM in-room babysit would be so horrible?

I simple, "No, DCL doesn't allow it" would have sufficed.
I agree with this whole heartedly:thumbsup2

Thank you...i was thinking of the resorts also, and know that plenty of people use it and love it... we have 6 children in 2 adjoining rooms. was thinking it would be nice if the parents can get a night out while the children are sleeping. I don't think the 4 year old would last in the nursery past 10 pm!!

The club will put out sleeping mats and have a quiet movie and low light level going on late at night--most little ones just sleep there and then get carried down to bed later by parents. Many even wear their PJs to the club that time of night. Perhaps your 4 year old would be okay sleeping?:confused3

I agree with this whole heartedly:thumbsup2

The club will out out sleeping mats and have a quiet movie and low light level going on late at night--most little ones just sleep there and then get carried down to bed later by parents. Many even wear their PJs to the club that time of night. Perhaps your 4 year old would be okay sleeping?:confused3
That is great information! Thank you!

That is great information! Thank you!

I am glad it helped:goodvibes I kind of thought from the wording of your post that you were possibly imagining the kids having to be up and participating in structured activities at that time of night. We have not sailed since they went to mixing up all the younger ages (and mine are older than that now anyway) and having more options, but I would guess that one room (likely lab) will be "active" and the other will be quiet movie watching/sleeping. It is funny to be in the hallways right around the closing time--you pass dozens of parents carrying sleeping little ones in PJs:cutie:

I am glad it helped:goodvibes I kind of thought from the wording of your post that you were possibly imagining the kids having to be up and participating in structured activities at that time of night. We have not sailed since they went to mixing up all the younger ages (and mine are older than that now anyway) and having more options, but I would guess that one room (likely lab) will be "active" and the other will be quiet movie watching/sleeping. It is funny to be in the hallways right around the closing time--you pass dozens of parents carrying sleeping little ones in PJs:cutie:

You are right. IIRC, from our January Dream cruise the club side had the mats set up and a Disney movie on while the lab side had a bunch of activities going. I thought it was funny that my 9 yr old was laying down watching a movie while my 7 yr old "disco queen" was dancing the night away in the lab. :lmao:

I thought it was a very reasonable question. Some people don't like kids clubs, or their kids don't like kids clubs, or they want their child in bed at a certain time. These CM's are probably run through the wringer with background checks and I'd feel very comfortable with one of them babysitting with my children. Given that most child assaults are done at the hands of family/friends, what makes one think having a CM in-room babysit would be so horrible?

I simple, "No, DCL doesn't allow it" would have sufficed.

Ditto. I'm not sure why some people are so quick to jump on someone for a question they consider asked and answered. There are a lot of people new to DCL - new to WDW and new to cruising. There is so much snarkiness from some (even mods) on these boards that it really astounds me.

when our little one was still in a stroller, the wonderful women who worked in Flounders would encourage us to wheel her in sleeping while we went to the adult club to see the comedian/magician whatever. Loved the ladies there.

Have you considered bringing a family member? We are bringing my mom and then my aunt is paying her own way and the two are sharing a room. Mom will be our in-room sitter whenever the kids are ready for bed (which is a good deal for my mom--a free cruise and honestly, my kids are night owls so she won't be having to go to bed much earlier than anyone else).

Yeah, unfortunately my mom is a homebody and I don't have sisters.:headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter