In room babysitting on Dream?

Camie627

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if there is IN ROOM babysitting services available on the dream?
Thank you in advance for your responses!

CM's are not allowed to be with a child or children alone. There HAS to be another CM present or close by at all times when they have kid's in their care.

In room babysitting would require 2 CM's to be present at all times, (and DCL would probably increase that to 3 CM's) and therefore unworkable/unaffordable.

Can you imagine the law suits when the first person make's an allegation?!!!!

You can either leave your kid's in the club's/Lab/Nursery where they have supervision by the CM's and CM's are supervised by other CM's, or babysitting is up to you or your fellow cruising mates unfortunately.

Ex Techie

Whoa! No way I would leave my kids in a stateroom with someone I haven't known for a long time. Waayy too high of a liability for DCL to offer this.

What time are the kid's clubs, nursery's, ect open until each night?

I don't know about the nursery's, but I think I read the kid's clubs are open until midnight. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be able to correct me quick enough.

I guess you are a better parent than I?

i'm thinking thats not what the poster was saying. i agree that i would be more uncomfortable leaving a child in a room with one person i didn't know? were you having some specific concerns/needs about the nursery baby sitting that maybe someone could address with more specific info?

I don't know about the nursery's, but I think I read the kid's clubs are open until midnight. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be able to correct me quick enough.

On our Dream cruise in June, the nursery was open until 1 a.m. I think some nights the kids club closed at one and other days at midnight.

Yikes, I don't think that's what they were saying. I agree, I don't leave my boys alone with anyone who isn't family or a close family friend. But when my neighbor moved in, we only talked two times in the front yard before she asked me if I could watch her kids for an afternoon - I thought nothing of it! She was just more comfortable with having someone watch her kids than I am - we parents all have hangups, I think it's more about personal history than what is and isn't 'good parenting'

This is our first cruise, and while we aren't use to having strangers watch our kids, there is definately safety in numbers - that there are lots of CM's, and that we can check in on our kids every 10 minutes if we want!!

Does anyone know when the oceaneer club opens? I looked at some navigators, it seems that they are from 6pm-about 1am? Was hoping this was wrong, we wanted to try and snag a palo brunch reservation!!! Thanks DISers!

Considering that WDW offers in-room babysitting, I don't think the OP asked a question that was all that crazy. I realize that they don't offer the service, but to me, it falls more into the "unfortunately, no" range than in the "absolutely not! are you insane?" range. :)

The oceaneers club/lab opens way earlier than that. My dd just said 8am til 1am. The nursery I believe closed at midnight maybe even 1am. Sorry we didn't have to use it that late. The latest our DS was there was 11pm which was long enough for us to finish our dinn at Remy.

To the OP: The nursery on the ship is really great and the counselors are amazing. My DS is not used to daycare, never been with anyone but family members and used to lots of attention. I made this known to Natasha who's the CM at the Dream's nursery. DS had a great time.

If you're really more comfortable of having someone watch your child in your stateroom, I would suggest for you to bring someone along with you on your cruise with that purpose in mind.

A perfectly reasonable question, OP, as other cruise lines offer/offered in-room evening babysitting services - we've used them multiple times without a hiccup! (Typically, the young women sitters available were from the spa/salons and were off duty during these hours.) My daughter remembers having great times meeting these sitters!

But, these lines were ones without the VERY extensive kids nursery/club offerings DCL provides.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

A perfectly reasonable question, OP

I think RCL and Celebrity offer it. It's one of the things that can make you a little nutty about disboards. This should have been a one-reply thread (so allow me to make it longer! :)). But, so it goes. The reality is that disney appeals to families and thus so do the message boards, so the boards at times turn into general parenting-opinion boards. Seems to be the way the majority of folks around here like it.

I think RCL and Celebrity offer it. It's one of the things that can make you a little nutty about disboards. This should have been a one-reply thread (so allow me to make it longer! :)).

And I'll make it yet longer...!!!:rolleyes: we also used the service on Cunard.

Wow a tad harsh, and condescending of a response. As pointed out this IS done on other lines.

Not at all meant to be condescending...just adding emphasis....just wanted OP to know that is one policy that DCL strictly enforces. While it may happen on other lines it does not on DCL. Please do not assume to know my intent.

BTW....you have 36 posts so you do not know my posting style or anyone else's for that matter....that may come in time if you stay on this board....but until you do, I ask that you don't be so quick to judge people's responses. This is a very friendly board and we do not need people assuming other's intent...,that is how threads start to go down hill.

MJ

Don't worry about their comment. I would personally love an inroom sitter. It is no different than the Kids Nite Out that you can get at WDW. They are endorsed by WDW. My youngest can't stay up late and won't sleep in a nursery, which puts us back in our room around 9 each night. I considered bringing a nanny, but it is way too $$$!

I thought it was a very reasonable question. Some people don't like kids clubs, or their kids don't like kids clubs, or they want their child in bed at a certain time. These CM's are probably run through the wringer with background checks and I'd feel very comfortable with one of them babysitting with my children. Given that most child assaults are done at the hands of family/friends, what makes one think having a CM in-room babysit would be so horrible?

I simple, "No, DCL doesn't allow it" would have sufficed.

I thought it was a very reasonable question. Some people don't like kids clubs, or their kids don't like kids clubs, or they want their child in bed at a certain time. These CM's are probably run through the wringer with background checks and I'd feel very comfortable with one of them babysitting with my children. Given that most child assaults are done at the hands of family/friends, what makes one think having a CM in-room babysit would be so horrible?

I simple, "No, DCL doesn't allow it" would have sufficed.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Totally agree on all points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter