In Loving Memory... We’re Going Deluxe! - A Jan 2013 PTR (TR Link 01/28)

I am behind already. Had my in-laws visit for a week so I lurked a little from my phone, but just skimmed.

The Coral Reef's menu changed. We ate there on Wednesday. (I'm a WDW "local"/) The chicken on spaetzle was really good!! What I usually order wasn't on the menu anymore. Same with the dessert menu, what I order was gone so I opted for the Blood Orange Cheesecake. Don't let the name scare you off. This is to die for!! There is an orange called a blood orange. The top of the cheesecake had a very thin orange gel, the cheesecake itself was light and airy, kind of like the Bavarian cheesecake at Germany. Instead of a graham crust, it was a thin orange cake. I took pictures, will eventually get around to posting.

Be Our Guest is a fantastic new restaurant. Did you try to get ADRs there? I know they are booking up quickly.

Yes, I do see a common theme going on your choices :thumbsup2

I hope you had a great time with your in-laws. The one thing you missed is I asked you about your TR. I suggest you go back and read my reply to your previous post, as I don't remember exactly my question.

Thanks for your food suggestions. There is a good chance that I'll be getting chicken at Coral Reef. It's my go-to meal when the menu is not much my taste. I will not, however, have the blood orange cheesecake as I absolutely cannot stand oranges. I'm hoping the chocolate wave will still be available.

Be Our Guest looks absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We did not get an ADR there as the menu was not really up our alley. Plus, why pay extra when we can go there for a counter-service lunch and see everything anyway? I heard the chocolate cupcake for dessert is very tasty.

Oops! Sorry! :wave:

:rotfl2:

I really think you'll love it though Mel. We sure did.

I'm glad you were not offended by my constant reference to you. It was meant to be funny. :thumbsup2 I am so excited to be eating at California Grill. As is the theme for so many things this trip, I never thought in a million years that I would eat there one day! My only small concern is to not be taken to the restaurant in time to watch the sunset.

We've done soe of your ADR choices and some we want to try (we've done Kona for breakfast, but never dinner). I would love to try Via Napoli but me and sauces don't see eye to eye lately. We were not happy at all with Cape May this past September, but I think we may have had an off night there (but with the prices they charge, it will be on the back burner for quite a while).

I hope the little one is feeling better.

Ah, it's too bad that your stomach doesn't agree with sauces these days. Via Napoli is so good! I don't really care about Cape May. This one is all for Ron, so I hope he likes it. He is concerned about paying so much, and what if we don't eat our money's worth (I probably won't), but I know he really wants to try it so I said just don't stress about it.

I was on my phone, or I was going to find a link for a slicker brush so you know what they are. Glad you found it on your own. It's good that you were able to cut out at least 2 of the mats, and I hope the corn starch helps with loosening the others so they can be brushed out too! Good luck!

Your dining plans look nice. I've never eaten at any of those, though I will be eating at Coral Reef for lunch this Friday! :cool1: I'd love to eat at Via Napoli, but there hasn't been anything available this trip.

I've been brushing my cat a couple of times a day with the slicker brush. At first she wasn't sure, but now she actually asks for it (she comes to the place where I usually brush her and meows, or comes when I go there and call her). She only lets me brush her for very shorts periods of time though. So far I've been able to get rid of ALL the individual mats, and the big one has been reduced by about a third. There is hope that I won't have to get it shaved! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read what you thought of Coral Reef. :) I know it might be too late for that, but you could always try walking up to Via Napoli. I've heard of people getting in that way.

So happy to hear Claudia is feeling better! :goodvibes

Your ADR's look great!! :cool1: We've been to all of them except CA Grill. You are going to eat well!! :yay:

Claudia WAS feeling better, but now she has a cold. :sick: It's not so bad, it's mostly just a little cough and a runny nose. It does affect her breathing at night though and she wakes up more often. I got the cold too, and now it's Ron's turn. he seems to be taking it the worse. Men! :rolleyes:

We are going to eat very well. We hope that we'll have more appetite than in August since it won't be so fricking hot out.

Your ADRs look great!

My two favorite WDW desserts are on your list, the Zeppole di Ricotta and the No Way Jose - they are to die for :)

I am so very excited to be trying those desserts!! popcorn::

Nice ADR choices... I'm trying Kouzzina based on Jenn's review of it too... so she's going to have a lot to answer for if it isn't good...:lmao: I'm sure it will be... Also going to try Via Napoli... never been to Cape May Cafe... but really like Kona and California Grill and have had really good experiences at Coral Reef as well...

I'm sorry that your little Peanut is feeling out of sorts...:sad2: It is really hard before they can tell you exactly what's wrong... it gets better when they can speak... but even then it's always hard and even when you have an 18 year old Peanut some day... you aren't going to like it when she gets sick...

(I have/had a love/hate relationship with Parenting books... sometimes what works in them don't work for you... plus you can drive yourself crazy trying to diagnosis ... they can be nice for reference...)

I just saw for your signature that you are in Disney right now, and at the Beach Club! Actually, today is the last day of your trip. Boo! :sad2: Make sure to give me the link of your TR when you start it, so I can read your thoughts on Kouzzina, Via Napoli and BC. :)

Yeah, it's hard to hear her cry and not know why. Just tonight, she woke up at a time she never wakes up usually and it's only when we pumped the secretions out of her nose that she fell back asleep. We were trying everything besides that because we know how much she hates it, but I guess she really needed it.

I totally get what you mean about those parenting books. Sometimes they're great, but so many other times they drive me crazy and/or make me feel like a bad mom because I do things differently then them. So I try to only read them when truly necessary. I prefer to rely on the advice of friends who are new moms instead.

Yay for Kona! I'm thrilled for the Tonga toast lol. I think Kouzinna will be great, I have read some wonderful reviews from there!
I like all your picks actually! We are eating at Via Napoli too, I'm so excited for the pizza and Zeppoles! California Grill was going to be my choice for our date night but it's going to be during the refurb so I will live vicariously through your report!! :rotfl2:

LOL, we're not going to try the Tonga Toast (though Ron would love it), we are going for dinner. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :upsidedow

I think CG was suppose to be under refurb during our dates as well, but then they pushed it to later. Too bad for you that you can't try it.

So the wifey comes up to me one Sunday afternoon and says: Go post your reply to my post about ADRs on Disboard.
Never mind that there were probably a bunch of house chores to be done, and I pretty much finished a marathon round of video game playing (meaning I was in prime position to be told&not asked&go do some chores.) LOL!
So of course, I say: Of course sweetie&anything you say. :hippie: I love you so much, thats why I wanna do whatever puts a smile on your face. And so&here I am. Hahahaha.

I think that about sums it up for my thoughts on the ADRs dear wifey has set up. Im very much looking forward to the trip. Though I have a feeling the ole weight will shoot up another 10 pounds by the end of the trip. LOL!!

We have our priorities straight in this house: Disney before chores. :rotfl2:

Thanks for writing your thoughts, Baby. I love you too. :lovestruc

Enjoy your pixie-dusted food in Disney, because when we come back, you're going on a diet! :rotfl: (He said so, I'm not the one forcing him ;) )

I like hearing your take on the ADRs too Ron, you don't chime in often, but are quite funny and articulate! :thumbsup2

I'm sure you will enjoy everywhere you eat, and I'm sure Disney wouldn't put anything in their food that wasn't FDA approved :rotfl2:

He is quite funny and articulate. You should see the personal messages in writes in cards and with gifts. :goodvibes

Love some of the places you are going. This fall my friend and I had the free dining. Children and spouses were not allowed on this trip!! We did California Grill (it was heavenly and I hope they are all refurbished before next fall so I can eat there again!) I had the filet, one of the ladies had the pork (and she thought it was awesome) and the other one also had a steak, I believe. There were no leftovers on the table when we were finished here!:thumbsup2

And you absolutely MUST try the lobster soup at Coral Reef! I was wishing I'd just had 2 bowls of that and the bread. :lovestruc

Haven't done Cape May since 2008, but we all really enjoyed the food there. We did breakfast and dinner there that year. All very good and the character interaction here for breakfast was some of the best I've experienced anywhere!

Sanaa was awesome!! The flatbreads and spreads were so good. That could have been a meal instead of an appetizer. I didn't see that as a choice for you, but that is a good one-with the added bonus of wandering around the resort to view the art and animals.

Great choices!

Wow, a girls only trip, that must have been fun! I'm happy to read your good review about California Grill. I don't eat any seafood, but I did let Ron know about the lobster soup. He thinks there is a small bowl of it on the appetizer he wants to get.

Thanks for the suggestion of Sanaa. Since we are staying at the BC this trip and will probably never stay at an Epcot resort ever again, we are taking advantage of it by only eating at restaurants in that area (besides a favorite of ours, Kona). I do absolutely want to visit AKL one day, and will keep Sanaa in mind for then. :)

Love the update from Ron! I was :lmao: at the chores part!
All great choices and looking at Disney food just makes me hungry and jealous :rotfl:

Who cares about a clean house when we can talk about Disney food instead? :rotfl2:

Have fun making your photobooks (wish I had the talent or the time to do something like that).

I did have fun! I love making photobooks because it's really not that hard, especially with Shutterfly. They even have an option where you just upload your pictures and they create the photobook almost entirely for you! It's super simple and quick, you should check it out. Plus, they always have specials going on, so you don't have to pay full price. ;)

I LOVE making photobooks on Shutterfly!!! I've made one for each of my last 2 Disney trips and plan to do one for this one too :goodvibes

I had such a hard time making my Disneymoon photobook on Photopass, I am FOR SURE using Shutterfly for this vacation. The only downside to using Shutterfly is the lack of Disney backgrounds and embelishments, but I jsut bought a whole bunch of Disney stickers to add to the book after I receive it. Expect to see those in a future update. ;)

I would love to see your photobook, if you want to share it once it's done. :)

Sorry I haven't been posting, Mel!! I have been writing so much in my emails that I figured you wouldn't want to read it twice! :lmao: ;)

Regarding your food choices:

1) First of all, don't forget that Disney food is Calorie-Free! :rolleyes1
(or at least that's what I'm going to tell myself after I eat my 10th cupcake!)

2) I highly recommend the Mahi-Mahi at Coral Reef, although it isn't as good as it was with the apricot chutney (they changed it in 2010). This year, I think I'm going to ask the waitress/waiter if they can possibly add chutney to the side.

3) I think it's an excellent idea to try to share the pizza at Via Napoli. Last year, none of us had room for dessert & that made me want to cry! I am like you...I LOVE my dessert!!!!!!

(We also have more in common than I realized because I am also a huge fan of cheese...my favorite things are cupcakes, cheese, bread, and chocolate!)

4) Thanks to you and Ron, I am now eating dinner at Cape May Cafe! After I booked your ADR, I went to AllEars and just kept reading the buffet menu over and over and over and over again . . .

I think that's all for now! I woke up to take my meds & I suppose I should go back to sleep since it's after 1:30am. I'll post again soon!

Love all of your ADR choices and of course your resorts!!! I'm so excited for your trip!!! :woohoo:

1) What's eaten in Disney, stays in Disney. :lmao:

2) I'll pass on your recommendation to Ron and Otaku.

3) In my baby book it is written that as I child I only liked to eat pasta, bread and cheese. I haven't changed much growing up. Of course chocolate and cupcakes are amongst my favorites as well. That's why I love Red Velvet so much: a chocolate cupcake, with cream cheese frosting. What could possibly be a better combination? :cloud9:

4) Make sure to let me know what you think of Cape May. While you're there if you could double-check which day they serve the friend clam strip to make sure we are booked a a good day, that would be awesome. :thumbsup2

I'm so excited for both our trips. :yay:

I keep forgetting to mention that the picture of Claudia in the Minnie outfit is ADORABLE!!!! Oh my goodness, she's just too cute!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks! After not taking many pictures in the past couple of months I've been picture-taking crazy these past few days, so expect more baby pictures soon. :)

Hi! Just stumbled upon your PTR and am subbing in!

I love your ADR choices. You have 3 of my favorite restaurants on there. (Kona, Coral, and Via.) I agree with you on the bread at Kona. :goodvibes That macadamia nut butter you put on the Hawaiian bread is to die for. Just as a heads up, though, my favorite dessert is the white chocolate cheesecake, as well, but when I went there last May, it wasn't on the menu anymore. :sad:

I would highly recommend saving room for dessert this time around at Via Napoli. The tiramisu is actually the best tiramisu I've ever tasted, and this is coming from a girl who's parents actually lived in Italy for 4 years and learned how to make it the proper way. ::yes:: But even if you are too full, the dough they use on their pizzas is just as worth it.

As for Coral Reef, I'm not a seafood fan at all, and I felt the same way you did about the menu items, but the restaurant actually surprised me. The food, no matter what you order (I have tasted the steak, the lobster ravioli, and the mahi mahi) is all delicious and very well-prepared. I hope you all enjoy it, plus the atmosphere is as awesome as it sounds. I can only imagine how enthralled your DD will be with the aquarium!

And I agree with you on BC and the refurb! No discount in the world could make those old rooms at the resort look good! :rotfl2:

:welcome: I tried making the Kona bread myself last Christmas. It didn't taste nearly as good, but the macadamia nut butter was yummy. :)
They took out the white chocolate cheesecake? Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad2:

I like the smell, but I'm actually not a fan of coffee at all, not even coffee-flavored things. So I'll pass on the Tiramisu and stick with the Zeppole. Thanks anyway. :)

Watching Peanut look at the fish is something I very much look forward to. It's nice to know that they are things she'll really enjoy this trip, even though she's so young.

No wonder I had no interest in staying at BC prior to researching it for this trip. The last pictures I had seen were from prior to the refurb. UGLY!
:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Jumping in. Your baby girl is adorable. DH and I keep thinking about kids but we just never take the plunge. I'm working on becoming a teacher so we have that commonality. What do you teach?

Looking forward to more.

:welcome: Thank you! You truly have to be ready for kids before taking the plunge as they are a lot of work, but I'm loving (almost) every minute of it. :cloud9:

I teach French as a second language. My students have about 30% French, so I only teach three groups, which is great. Two groups would be even better though, but I'll have to switch school for that to happen. I'm in an elementary school, teaching grade 1 and grade 5. What about you?

I hope you had a great time with your in-laws. The one thing you missed is I asked you about your TR. I suggest you go back and read my reply to your previous post, as I don't remember exactly my question.

Thanks for your food suggestions. There is a good chance that I'll be getting chicken at Coral Reef. It's my go-to meal when the menu is not much my taste. I will not, however, have the blood orange cheesecake as I absolutely cannot stand oranges. I'm hoping the chocolate wave will still be available.

Be Our Guest looks absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We did not get an ADR there as the menu was not really up our alley. Plus, why pay extra when we can go there for a counter-service lunch and see everything anyway? I heard the chocolate cupcake for dessert is very tasty.

The chocolate lava cake is still on the menu at the Coral Reef. The kid's dessert was a chocolate brownie topped with icecream topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a white chocolate Nemo triangle. I have pictures if you are interested.

We had a great time with my in-laws. It was a very nice Thanksgiving.

Yes, you asked where to start on my TR since there are so many links. I know I have been very bad at updating the index. I'd suggest starting with these more recent posts.

Enchanted Tales with Belle

Be Our Guest Dress Rehearsal

Gaston's Tavern

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 1 Restaurant pictures

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 2 Food pictures

Claudia WAS feeling better, but now she has a cold. :sick: It's not so bad, it's mostly just a little cough and a runny nose. It does affect her breathing at night though and she wakes up more often. I got the cold too, and now it's Ron's turn. he seems to be taking it the worse. Men! :rolleyes:

We are going to eat very well. We hope that we'll have more appetite than in August since it won't be so fricking hot out.

It's always something, isn't it??? :sad2: We leave in 5 days and DS11 has strep throat. :faint: Yes, I am freaking out a bit!! :crazy2:

I am thinking the same thing -- that we are going to eat a lot more on this trip than the last few, since it won't be so dang hot!!

Instead of quoting you for all of the replies you did to my posts, I'll just respond in a post.

So glad your cat likes the brushing and the matts are disappearing!

I'll second that the chicken over spaetzel at Coral Reef is incredible!! I'll go more into it in my TR, once I start it, but they do still have the Chocolate Wave as of Friday.

So sorry everyone has been sick. Hope that's all the colds you get this season!

The chocolate lava cake is still on the menu at the Coral Reef. The kid's dessert was a chocolate brownie topped with icecream topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a white chocolate Nemo triangle. I have pictures if you are interested.

We had a great time with my in-laws. It was a very nice Thanksgiving.

Yes, you asked where to start on my TR since there are so many links. I know I have been very bad at updating the index. I'd suggest starting with these more recent posts.

Enchanted Tales with Belle

Be Our Guest Dress Rehearsal

Gaston's Tavern

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 1 Restaurant pictures

Be Our Guest Lunch Part 2 Food pictures

Phew, the lava-cake is still there. :thumbsup2 Pictures of food? More specifically a dessert? Involving chocolate? Of course I'm interested!

Thanks for the links. I only had time to read the Enchanted with Belle part so far. I've been so busy!

It's always something, isn't it??? :sad2: We leave in 5 days and DS11 has strep throat. :faint: Yes, I am freaking out a bit!! :crazy2:

I am thinking the same thing -- that we are going to eat a lot more on this trip than the last few, since it won't be so dang hot!!

I read that on your PTR. Oh man! I would freak out too. Hope he feels better soon!!! :sick:

Let me know if our theory of eating more than in summer holds up. :)

Instead of quoting you for all of the replies you did to my posts, I'll just respond in a post.

So glad your cat likes the brushing and the matts are disappearing!

I'll second that the chicken over spaetzel at Coral Reef is incredible!! I'll go more into it in my TR, once I start it, but they do still have the Chocolate Wave as of Friday.

So sorry everyone has been sick. Hope that's all the colds you get this season!

I was able to cut out the biggest mat with scissors as it was now far away enough from the skin. That freed up space to work on the one underneath it. Only one little mat left! :goodvibes

I'm glad you say the chicken is great, since that's what I'll probably be eating! Can't wait to read your TR. :thumbsup2

I hope so too. Or at the very least, no sickness in Disney! That's all I ask for.

I was able to cut out the biggest mat with scissors as it was now far away enough from the skin. That freed up space to work on the one underneath it. Only one little mat left! :goodvibes

I'm glad you say the chicken is great, since that's what I'll probably be eating! Can't wait to read your TR. :thumbsup2

I hope so too. Or at the very least, no sickness in Disney! That's all I ask for.

Yay for only one mat left! :cat:

It is definitely devine, I'm sure you'll like it! The speatzel was great too, with lots of yummy veggies mixed in (can't remember them all, but I know peppers and asparagus were 2 of them).

Yay for only one mat left! :cat:

It is definitely devine, I'm sure you'll like it! The speatzel was great too, with lots of yummy veggies mixed in (can't remember them all, but I know peppers and asparagus were 2 of them).

I had to Google Speatzel. Looks like some sort of pasta, so I'll try to not be so picky and actually try it out. At least I do like peppers.

I had to Google Speatzel. Looks like some sort of pasta, so I'll try to not be so picky and actually try it out. At least I do like peppers.

It is similar to pasta, or dough even. It was actually quite good, as it's in chicken broth so it has a chicken flavor and the vegetables. :)

I am a little late to your PTR but your title caught my eye. My mom passed away a month ago today, and we are also going to Disney in May in memory of her. It will be bittersweet. It is nice to see that someone else is/has done the same.

I haven't read everything. I have to go to karate soon, so I will do it when I get home. I just didn't want to forget about reading along.

:welcome: Thank you! You truly have to be ready for kids before taking the plunge as they are a lot of work, but I'm loving (almost) every minute of it. :cloud9:

I teach French as a second language. My students have about 30% French, so I only teach three groups, which is great. Two groups would be even better though, but I'll have to switch school for that to happen. I'm in an elementary school, teaching grade 1 and grade 5. What about you?

Currently I'm working on a licensure for English grades 5-12. I start student teaching in February at the high school level so... we'll see. I hope they'll be a bit more calm with some age in them :rotfl:

Hi Mel! I remember you from the wedding boards and I read your honeymoon TR. I wanted to pop in and say hello, but it has been difficult for me (see signature). So I will try and come by and comment when I can. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and your trip sounds amazing!

It is similar to pasta, or dough even. It was actually quite good, as it's in chicken broth so it has a chicken flavor and the vegetables. :)

I like pasta and dough, so I'll try it. :)

I am a little late to your PTR but your title caught my eye. My mom passed away a month ago today, and we are also going to Disney in May in memory of her. It will be bittersweet. It is nice to see that someone else is/has done the same.

I haven't read everything. I have to go to karate soon, so I will do it when I get home. I just didn't want to forget about reading along.

:welcome:

I'm sorry about your mom. I quickly looked at your PTR and I think your mom would approve of the trip. I'll try to read it more later. I know for me I'm sure there will be some hard moments during the trip, especially before falling asleep at night, but I'm trying my best to look at it in a positive light and just enjoy it for her.

Currently I'm working on a licensure for English grades 5-12. I start student teaching in February at the high school level so... we'll see. I hope they'll be a bit more calm with some age in them :rotfl:

I would not be able to teach high school. They scare me. :eek: Good luck!

Hi Mel! I remember you from the wedding boards and I read your honeymoon TR. I wanted to pop in and say hello, but it has been difficult for me (see signature). So I will try and come by and comment when I can. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and your trip sounds amazing!

:welcome: I hope you enjoyed reading about my honeymoon. I took a look at the link in your signature, I'm sorry about your loss. I'll try to go and read more when life is not so crazy busy for me.

Thanks. I'm really trying to go into this trip with the "trip of a lifetime" mindset.

Hi everyone! :wave2: I'm sorry for not updating more often. I really thought I'd have more time, but between Christmas shopping, Christmas dinner with work, Peanut taking super short naps and waking up more at night, and me freaking out over the fact that I'll have to feed her actual food soon :scared1:, it's been crazy! Can you forgive me? :flower3: Because of all that, and a few more things, this week was really rough emotionally. I miss my mom so much and not being able to call her to help me with stuff like making purees and just being there, so yesterday I took a break. I spent the entire day and evening with a friend. We went shopping, chatted a lot, had a nice dinner, and ended the day at the spa. It was wonderful! So now that I'm feeling better, here's a little update.

RANDOM STUFF

I got two very exciting things in the mail. First, this:

012.jpg

It's always nice to start the trip with a ride on Magical Express!

Second, I received this:

009.jpg

We had Photopass for our Disneymoon and loved it. We weren't sure about getting Photopass + because we won't be doing any character meals (Otaku is too old and doesn't care, and Peanut is too young), but the price difference between the regular one and + one was really not that big, so we splurged. Now we can get ALL our ride photos! If you've followed my honeymoon TR, you know how much we love to take silly ride photos. :joker: Here's one of us pretending to be terrified on Test Track 9speaking of which, I know not everyone agrees, but I for one am thrilled about the way the new TT looks now and I can't wait to try it!).

Photo0829FourBySix.jpg

I also took Jenn's (Inkedupmomma) advice and got myself some shadowboxes to keep mementos from our trip. I had a coupon for 30% off my entire purchase at Micheal's so I used it for that. I also got plenty of Disney stickers. I plan on doing a photobook for this trip as well, but I hate the photopass website so I'll make it with Shutterfly. they don't have any Disney backgrounds or embellishments though, so I'll just add my own stickers afterwards. I was SO lucky at Micheals because the cashier made some kind of mistake. When scanning my 30% off coupon she also scanned a 50% off coupon that was above it (but that I could only use another day). When she tried to scan it again to cancel it, she ended up just adding it a second time to my sale. So somehow I ended up with several of the stickers 50% off. Between the two coupons my entire purchase ended up being almost half price!!! Awesome pixie dust right there! pixiedust:

010.jpg

011.jpg

That's it for my randomness. Hope you all had a good weekend!

BABY FOOD​

Moms, I need your help! As I briefly mentioned above, I'm freaking out about having to feed real food to my baby. There are two issues, only one is Disney related.

The first one isn't, so I'll only talk about it briefly. I'm super PICKY about food and really don't eat much healthy stuff. I don't want Claudia to end up with the same restrictive diet as me, but I have no idea how to be a good role model for her.:sad2: I do want to try though, and my friend is supposed to help me make my own purees this week. I even promised my nutritionist that I would make an effort to also eat the purees so that I can get used to the taste of fruits and vegetables. I don't really need your help here, this was more just rambling.

The second problem is where I need your help. Since we'll be only be introducing fruits and veggies next week, I have NO IDEA what she'll be eating by the time we are on the trip, and I have even less idea how much of everything she'll be eating. I want to order the baby food from Garden Grocers, but I don't know which kinds and how many of each. How do I go about preparing her food while in the parks? How can I pack it and conserve it so as not to waste entire jars full of food for just one spoonful? When will she be eating, how much, what? The bottles and formula I'm good with, but the pureed fruits and veggies are making me panic. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :eek:

Forgot to add (thanks Tiggerrn2 for reminding me), I've already started cereals (rice and oat) for a couple of weeks. All I've figured out so far is that we'll be feeding her cereals (and formula, of course) in the room before we leave each morning.

Thank you in advance.

OK, Mel. From what I remember (as I've said before, it's been awhile ;) ) you start with cereals, not fruits or veggies. But if you've been doing that already, then you begin with veggies-my pediatrician said always start with the veggies because they are not as sweet, so once you begin fruits, it's not as easy to return to veggies. And the biggest thing I remember was to only do 1 food at a time for several days (to be sure Claudia isn't allergic to something). If you are doing more than 1, it's too hard to tell what it was that bothered her. And I think I started with the green veggies because the orange ones also tended to be sweeter (think carrots and sweet potatoes).

Hope that helps some.

OK, Mel. From what I remember (as I've said before, it's been awhile ;) ) you start with cereals, not fruits or veggies. But if you've been doing that already, then you begin with veggies-my pediatrician said always start with the veggies because they are not as sweet, so once you begin fruits, it's not as easy to return to veggies. And the biggest thing I remember was to only do 1 food at a time for several days (to be sure Claudia isn't allergic to something). If you are doing more than 1, it's too hard to tell what it was that bothered her. And I think I started with the green veggies because the orange ones also tended to be sweeter (think carrots and sweet potatoes).

Hope that helps some.

I just added the part about cereals to my post above. Thanks for reminding me. I did start cereals a couple of weeks ago because her doctor wanted her to have more calories (it did not lower her milk intake). I had read about the allergies, I think it's one new food every 3 days. I just checked the calendar and if we follow this she might be eating 6 different things by the time we leave. We won't be introducing anything new over there. The baby care book the government gives us says to start with sweet potatoes and carrots, but what you said about not introducing sweets too early makes sense. Which green vegetables would you suggest?

If I remember right, I think I started with green beans, then peas. From there I think I went orange. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter