In Loving Memory... We’re Going Deluxe! - A Jan 2013 PTR (TR Link 01/28)

ronnmel

DIS Veteran
disneyPTR.jpg

Hello everyone! Welcome back to all my faithful readers and lurkers (why stay a lurker? Say hello! I’d love to hear from you. :wave2: )! If any of you have ever been to Disney with a baby, to Disney in January, or both, I NEED YOUR HELP!!! Pretty please?

If you are new here, Hi! My name is Mel. :welcome: Please don’t be shy, and come say Hi! This PTR will be much more fun with you in it! If you want to know more about me or about when all this Disney addiction started, check out the TR of our first trip:
Mega Waves, Date Night and Fast Pass baby!!

Our wedding in Cuba : Paradise does exist, I got married there!

You can also get the link to all the chapters of those two TR in the intro of my previous PTR : Our Disneymoon PTR + Wedding TR

And our Disneymoon : Zombie Apocalypse and Pixie Dust - A 2 Weeks Disneymoon Trip Report

Enough with the background, let’s get started on this pre trip report, shall we?
I’ll do things a little differently and start with the reason for the trip as that is where the title comes from.

Why : Most PTR the why is usually a “why not?” or a fun reason like a birthday. This one is a little different. If you followed my Disneymoon trip report then you know that my mom passed away 2 months ago. She was always the type to “save up for later” and never splurge on herself. I did convince her to take a trip with me over 10 years ago, and that gave her a boost to take another trip with a friend a few years later. I am so glad she did those because “later” never came for her. The lesson I want to take away from her death is that life is short, live it NOW (within your means, of course). I received a little money due to her passing away. It’s not much, but it’s enough to make one of our dreams come true, which is to go to Disney. A bonus is that it will be Peanut’s first trip.

When : Our original dates were suppose to be January 2nd to January 12. The three main reasons were to take part in the 5K during marathon weekend, to return in time for DD13 to have time to get back home and only miss three days of school, and to get a cheaper rate for the resort. It took so long for this trip to be official that by that time the stroller division of the 5K was full. Then finding cheap flights became a problem. We saw a great deal for flights leaving on the 1st, but we didn’t book it right away and by the time we were ready to book it was back up in price. Finally we got lucky and found an even BETTER deal, but this time leaving on the 31st of December. We’ll be in Disney for NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!! I can’t even believe it!!! I never thought in a million years that I would get to do that. It’s so awesome. pixiedust:

600-Fireworks.jpg

Source :www.wdwinfo.com

We also changed our return time by a couple of days, so our dates are Dec. 31st to Jan. 10.

Where : Well you already know from the title that we’ll be staying DELUXE!!!!! I’ll keep the details a secret until I get to that update. What I can tell you though is that since we are now going to be in the World before the room-only discount starts, we’ll be trying two different resorts. Anybody want to guess which ones?

I’ll come back with the cast later on. And baby pictures. In the meantime, I’d love to read your guesses for the resorts we’ll be staying.

Hey Mel!! I'm here!! :) I guess I can't guess your resorts!!! Lol!!!

I can say this though!! I just know you guys will have an awesome vacation!!!

Also while I'm here, I finally decided to go with A Baby's Best Friend for my stroller rental :) I'll send ya an email once the kids go to bed!

I saw your post on Facebook. We don't know each other, but I've seen you on other threads that we are both subscribed to, and I'm joining in.

***I'm back. I read the intros; I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know how difficult it is...I lost my dad a week before our 25th wedding anniversary trip four years ago.

I'm going with Poly as your deluxe, but guessing you are going to stay at AOA for your first days.

I'm here!!! :wave2:

I'm guessing Poly and AKL, which I see was already guessed, but what I think you picked :goodvibes I can't wait for you to get the details started!!

ETA: You should check out the December Roll Call thread! You may be arriving the last day of December, but a lot of them will be there they same time as you, and we are a fun bunch over there! :goodvibes

PART FOUR!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

I'm in Mel! Oh my gosh, so excited!!! Baby's first trip!! AHHHH!!!
I can't wait to find out what deluxes you're staying at. I'm hoping one is The Wilderness Lodge!!!

OK, I'm in!! And I am going with AoA until the room discount kicks in, and then I think I will pick Poly, since it is on the monorail and you will have a little one with you.

Still not caught up on your TR, but I'm here!

My guess is AKL and the Poly (great minds must think alike)

I'm subbin. I'm not sure how to guess since I'm confused as to whether it's 2 different deluxe, or just one deluxe after the room rate is discounted. I'm thinking the latter one. Therefore, I'll guess where you usually stay in the value for the beginning, and then on to Polynesian. Whichever resorts you pick, I can hardly wait for the PTR to begin!

Read you soon! :surfweb:

Hi Mel,

I really enjoyed reading your last report so can't wait for this one :thumbsup2

My guesses are The Poly and Beach Club as those are the two resorts we stayed at last month.

I'm guessing Grand Floridian and Beach Club.

My youngest is 8 years old now, but he was 6 weeks old on his first visit to WDW. He's growing up with Disney being a regular part of his life. We made full use of the baby care centers when he was in diapers! They have full sized, padded changing tables. Used them so much that we ended up in the Disney Vacation Planning DVD. They have used parts of that footage all these years!

The baby swap is a great option to be able to ride some attractions!

Yayaya, what a great start!!! This is going to be such a magical trip for your family pixiedust:
I think I was still lurking at time so I never did say that I'm truly sorry about your moms passing. I can only imagine how difficult it must be, I can say that this trip will have her right with you the whole time :grouphug:

How exciting for NYE!! Oh my gosh, one of my bucket list items is to spend Christmas and NYE in Disney! Awesome :banana:

I don't know if I should guess 2 deluxe or one of each, monorail, Epcot, ahhhh so many choices! LOL! So I am going to guess...AOA and Poly orrrrr Yatch Club and Poly! No matter where, it's gonna be a blast!

Subscribing!

Looking forward to hearing about your upcoming trip and first with DD!

I am going to guess for your two resorts... Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian :cloud9:

Emma princess: x

Hi everyone! So glad to see my friends here, and the new faces as well! I'll reply individually to all your posts once I'm ready to reveal the resorts. I love reading your guesses. Keep them coming!

I'm having a hard time figuring out which color font to use. Is this one too hard to read?

Would this be better? Or I can find something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter