Important Read - Timely with This Week's Show - ECVs

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
My Experience as a Temporary ECV Pilot

Introduction

This summer, I was fortunate enough to spend two weeks at Walt Disney World on vacation. I was eager to explore the sights, enjoy a few special events, and soak up the atmosphere. I packed my bags strategically, planned my dining reservations ahead of time, and scheduled myFastPasses with ease. Once at the World, things were great! That is, until I couldn’t walk. Here’s the story of how a seasoned Disney Parks traveler navigated the parks on wheels and some of the eye-opening moments that will stay with her forever.

Read more at: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/10/01/navigating-walt-disney-world-on-wheels/

Oh boy ....have I mentioned anything about clientele recently? Sorry to hear about that Starbucks incident -absolutely ridiculous!

My Experience as a Temporary ECV Pilot

Introduction

This summer, I was fortunate enough to spend two weeks at Walt Disney World on vacation. I was eager to explore the sights, enjoy a few special events, and soak up the atmosphere. I packed my bags strategically, planned my dining reservations ahead of time, and scheduled myFastPasses with ease. Once at the World, things were great! That is, until I couldn’t walk. Here’s the story of how a seasoned Disney Parks traveler navigated the parks on wheels and some of the eye-opening moments that will stay with her forever.

Read more at: http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2014/10/01/navigating-walt-disney-world-on-wheels/
So sorry for all your bad experiences, and all those manner-less people, Nikki - Thanx for taking the time to write this "educational article" about your experiences.

Last edited:
while I've never been one to be rude or unkind (or unhelpful for that matter) to those in wheelchairs/ECVs as a park guest and CM, I definitely didn't understand the other perspective (literally)- the pictures you provided helped me understand the literal views that folks in w/c's have, and I am appalled by the behavior of some guests!

There is some form of serious deficit in the general population regarding those who are disabled (mentally or physically) and also the elderly (I work in a nursing home now, and i LOVE my old people - I am protective and can get heated over treatment of them!). For whatever reason, some people think those in these categories are less of a human and MUST not have spent as much money as they have for their experience at Disney. I can (wrongly) hope that they fall into some hard times and can be changed by going through it themselves. Who knows - but it's a crying shame that some people with attitudes and personalities like that are able to go to the Happiest place on earth and still poop on everything!

I just listened to most of that podcast. I'm so sorry that so many people are having such bad experiences. While we ran into a few idiots when my mom needed to use a wheelchair, for the most part people were kind and helpful. We were there during a slower time in November, so maybe that had something to do with people's general disposition. I'm not giving up on humankind just yet. We're going back again in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter