• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

hi where to buy them??????I need to know too!

Check on DISboards under Just for Fun, Creative DISigns. There are a ton of fabulous graphics there for making magnets. As well you can ask for personalization from the DISigners. I use Avery Magnetic Paper and print the magnets myself. Happy creating!

I noticed that lots of the info provided in the FAQ thread is incorrect, really out of date or the links don't work (like for menus). Not sure how this information gets updated and corrected but it needs some attention!

Decorating doors and windows is definitely an American thing. Coming from Europe I first saw this at Disney World and was stunned. I don't understand the need to dress it up. It already looks lovely and I don't own the room, just staying for a short while. It's not done in any country I've visited except America and not on other cruise lines. What's with this whole "dress it up" thing? Sorry if this sounds judgemental or anything, that's not how it's meant. I just don't understand it..:confused:

Do kids need passports. Last year my boys went on carnival cruise with my parents to the Bahamas and they did not have to have a passport, do they now? Please help ! ages 4 and 7

Do kids need passports. Last year my boys went on carnival cruise with my parents to the Bahamas and they did not have to have a passport, do they now? Please help ! ages 4 and 7

It's my understanding that they don't NEED passports, but that they are strongly recommended. One of the rationales is that if there is a problem and one or more of you have to FLY back home for some reason (during the cruise) that you won't be able to do so without a passport. I believe there are a few posts on this thread regarding same (or thereabouts) - and hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along soon...

I didn't learn about the door magnets until 3 days before we left as I was sitting in my office, so I simply created a Word document with a cute girl pirate clip art, chose a neat font and color with words that said:

IT’S NOT EVERYDAY YOU GET TO BE
A PIRATE ON A GRAND SHIP!
YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO FOR IT MATEY!
!!!!ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

**please leave some booty at the door, or a growl of rum Matey!**

Laminated the paper at Kinkos at the corner, picked up 4 magnet clips from Target and hung several copies on our door with a note for folks to take one that I wrote on the little magnet dry erase board I also picked up at Target. By the end of the week, those who didnt know about the magnet idea, all had one of ours on thier door. We got cute little thank you messages written on our dry erase message board too. It was cute and easy, even for an un-artistic executive mom who forgot to pack flip flops for a cruise!

Decorating doors and windows is definitely an American thing. Coming from Europe I first saw this at Disney World and was stunned. I don't understand the need to dress it up. It already looks lovely and I don't own the room, just staying for a short while. It's not done in any country I've visited except America and not on other cruise lines. What's with this whole "dress it up" thing? Sorry if this sounds judgemental or anything, that's not how it's meant. I just don't understand it..:confused:

When you move into an apartment, if only for a short time, you typically make it your home. In fact there is a huge sign that says "Welcome Home" as you board. We do put a door magnet up on our cruises for a few reasons;

* We have cruised on Disney a few times in the past and have made some connections with other cruisers and Cast Members, this is a way to let them know we're back on board. Always nice to see them.

* It helps locate our room easier. After a few cruises it can be easy to go to a previous cabin, after a late night :lmao:

* Prevents other cruisers from mistaking our cabin for theirs :lmao: (same reason as above)

* It is after all a Disney Cruise, not one of those stuffy ones (we've done many of each) it's supposed to be Fun! :wizard:

... not to be judgmental either.;)

We just know how to have fun!! It's a DISNEY cruise!! My kids love it and it helps them to know which cabin is ours when returning....Maybe you should try it...just saying:goodvibes

jship210

When you move into an apartment, if only for a short time, you typically make it your home. In fact there is a huge sign that says "Welcome Home" as you board. We do put a door magnet up on our cruises for a few reasons;

* We have cruised on Disney a few times in the past and have made some connections with other cruisers and Cast Members, this is a way to let them know we're back on board. Always nice to see them.

* It helps locate our room easier. After a few cruises it can be easy to go to a previous cabin, after a late night :lmao:

* Prevents other cruisers from mistaking our cabin for theirs :lmao: (same reason as above)

* It is after all a Disney Cruise, not one of those stuffy ones (we've done many of each) it's supposed to be Fun! :wizard:

... not to be judgmental either.;)

Shani145
We just know how to have fun!! It's a DISNEY cruise!! My kids love it and it helps them to know which cabin is ours when returning....Maybe you should try it...just saying:goodvibes

All makes sense!

It's Disney...nothing like it in the world.

I won't get into trouble for putting my own stamp on my room...with door magnets, of course :love:

Love the idea that friends made previously know you're there. :love:

I am taking my first Disney Cruise and would like to make magnets for our door!! Any tips would be helpful since I cant even manage to copy and paste the countdown ticker to my post!!!! HELP
:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter