IMPORTANT!! All DCL cruisers please read!!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by WebmasterPete, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

I would guess less than 10% of doors are decorated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdubs44

jdubs44 Earning My Ears

We saw lots of doors with taped on decorations... don't know how much this is enforced

4. jship210

jship210 DIS Veteran

It also helps identify your cabin when you're coming in late from the Adult Only areas :rotfl: especially first time cruisers :thumbsup2

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

:lmao:

We didn't decorate for our 1st cruise but I did for the 2nd one. My dh thought it was corny and said, "You're not really gonna put that c**p on our door, are you?"
    By the next day he admitted it made it so easy to find our room, esp since our door was visible from the elevator lobby so we knew immediately if we made a wrong turn and went starboard instead of port, fwd instead of aft, etc.
    4 cruises later, he now helps me tip toe around :tiptoe: decorating doors for others in our group to surprise them. :lovestruc :love2:

6. Pojar4

Pojar4 Earning My Ears

We are new to the entire idea of cruising, let alone on a Disney cruise. Does everyone decorate their doors? And what is FE exactly???

7. dawne98

dawne98 DIS Veteran

I am too new to the cruising I went to look up what FE is and I did not find anything on it.....:confused3

8. Minniemiss

Minniemiss DIS Veteran

Check the FAQ sticky. :thumbsup2

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

9. jship210

jship210 DIS Veteran

This was someone's cabin door on the 08' EB Panama Canal. Most don't go to this extreme, but it was a special cruise so people were a little excited!
    [​IMG]

10. jship210

jship210 DIS Veteran

This was our door magnet on the Magic in 09

[​IMG]

11. DL50Cruiser

DL50Cruiser Mouseketeer

Thanks for this post. I noticed various "decorations" on our last cruise.

12. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

We started decorating our door on our second cruise and did so on the next five cruises. We had a nice collection of magnets that included signs, characters, pirate stuff, ship logos, etc.

Then on our 8th cruise in 2009, we woke up on our sixth day to find every single thing gone from our door! My daughter had gone down the hall for something and when she came back they were gone. She thought we had removed them to pack! Even the specialty ones that wouldn't matter to anyone else! Everything but one Mickey ear. Our room steward found several of them down the hall strewn about on other people's doors, but I never recovered some of the special glitter ones or my Eeyore ones. :sad2:

So on our future cruises, we will be putting all our magnets on the INSIDE of our door for our enjoyment!

13. DL50Cruiser

DL50Cruiser Mouseketeer

Sounds like a good idea.

14. Momma_of_4

Momma_of_4 Earning My Ears

In October it will be our first time Cruise!! I have 4 girls and they would love to see our door decorated! So where can I find big magnets for them to use??

15. DL50Cruiser

DL50Cruiser Mouseketeer

The Disney Store may be a good place to start.

16. disneydreamfan14

disneydreamfan14 See Ya Real Soon!

Thanks for letting me know! This was valuable as I picture myself on many more disney cruises! I traveled on the Dream in february, had the time of my life.

17. disneydreamfan14

disneydreamfan14 See Ya Real Soon!

Thats terrible!

18. domifan1

domifan1 Earning My Ears

Can you give me some more info regarding how the fish extender works. Do you put gifts in them every day or just once during the cruise? How do you know which ones and when to deliver them??? This is my first disney cruise and I think my son will love the added surprises....... thanks for any information you can provide....

19. DisneyOHFan

DisneyOHFan Livin' for Disney

We celebrated my husbands birthday on the Dream last month and we ordered the room decorations and it came with the "birthday" magnet.

20. rewhitingjr

rewhitingjr Living the Disney Dream

Great Information. Thanks.

21. DisGal520

DisGal520 surviver of Hurricane Charley @ WDW

last cruise we used large 8 1/2 by 11 magnetic pockets from Michaels. We changed what signs we pre-made each day.

We also used magic marker to put the stateroom number on the back and front of the pockets. It may have discouraged anyone from removing them from the door since we had our number on it.

:wizard: