I'm.........

I'm tired from the whole house cleaning and reorging the basement storage area.

Other than the kitchen and the closets we are 95% packed; hopefully the house will sell once listed!

House pictures for online and the brochure are Friday but we still need to hang pictures and do final 'decorative touches'.

Other than the kitchen and the closets we are 95% packed; hopefully the house will sell once listed!

House pictures for online and the brochure are Friday but we still need to hang pictures and do final 'decorative touches'.
Sounds like you have been hard at work. I hope it sells quick. I'm tired as well.

You're moving right along, Kathy. Good luck.

I'm tired too.......grocery shopping done, laundry done, unpacked, bills paid, upstairs cleaned.
Waiting for DGD to come over....I need a hug from her!!

Thanks Nancy and Jo! It would be wonderful if it sells fast even though we don't know where we're moving to yet :ssst:

How was your trip Nancy? What was the best part?

I'm going grocery shopping again and then coming home and cleaning the downstairs and putting the rest of my packing things away

Best part.....all good.
Loved, loved Club Villain. Loved lunch with an Imagineer as usual and also the Backstage Tales tour.
And, as mentioned before, the Star Wars fireworks.
Always like staying at OKW although they put us on third floor instead of first. Not happy about that.

...you did the smart thing - you started the packing/throwing away process BEFORE you are listing....looking back, I suppose that's what WE should have done....

I'm......at a loss for words.

LITERALLY. [I have laryngitis]

I'm back from running errands and now need to get ready for company coming for dinner

I'm......at a loss for words.

LITERALLY. [I have laryngitis]
I say if you haven't used something in a year, its gone. But you could have a garage sale for stuff and collect a little money. Before the initial move in with the big stuff my kitchen is put together. Then the rest is easy peasy. One time we had people help, they got everything on the truck and over to the new place and undone the truck in a few hours. I don't like keeping people all day. I made sure I fed them also.

Kathy, it sound funny but it might not be funny if you sold, and your both standing there going we have no where to move to. Awesome to sell it. That would be a great story to tell.

I'm hurting on my backside and still need to make potatoes for dinner.

...you did the smart thing - you started the packing/throwing away process BEFORE you are listing....looking back, I suppose that's what WE should have done....

That may sound smart but it was really a total necessity for us since we have lived in our house for 30 years. Yesterday I also inventoried our packed plastic storage containers, all 79 of them. And we did clean out and try to sell at the start of the recession but gave up 8 years ago.

We are all exhausted from the 5 hour staging session yesterday. The person was wonderful and easy to work with but we ended up staging every room in the house. Our stager brought things from her warehouse and showed us how to fold towels and even hung pictures for us. It looks so nice now and we have to keep it that way until sold.

Today I need to go out and buy a few pillow forms for the beds and we're set for pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
Kathy, it sound funny but it might not be funny if you sold, and your both standing there going we have no where to move to. Awesome to sell it. That would be a great story to tell.

I'm hurting on my backside and still need to make potatoes for dinner.

You're right Jo! What's wrong with your backside?

DH doesn't want to rent for awhile but I wouldn't mind while we figure out where to move. And you have to realize that we have been discussing where to move for years and last weekend we had a monstrous argument over it; our worst ever and agreed not to discuss the subject for at least a week.

His latest idea is to go on a three-week road trip to CO, WA and ? to check out towns!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!

I'm going grocery shopping again and then coming home and cleaning the downstairs and putting the rest of my packing things away

Best part.....all good.
Loved, loved Club Villain. Loved lunch with an Imagineer as usual and also the Backstage Tales tour.
And, as mentioned before, the Star Wars fireworks.
Always like staying at OKW although they put us on third floor instead of first. Not happy about that.

I like the sound of your whole trip Nancy! Club Villain would be fun and the tours. I've done several tours and liked most of them. OKW is where I think DH and I should stay next time; plenty of room for him to relax while I go to the parks and quiet atmosphere. Maybe that's where we will stay in the future.

...hopefully sometime in the latter part of March....but I have been trying to chip away at all the stuff we've accumulated over the last 22 years in this house....

Have you already bought a new house? Is it nearby? If so, I am so jealous!

You might be looking at WA?? I love, love :love: WA. Lived there for over 30 years.
Sorry about the arguing........that is a hard one to agree on.

I'm running more errands today. Hope to get to pictures soon, but DGD is spending the weekend, so my free time isn't free anymore

You might be looking at WA?? I love, love :love: WA. Lived there for over 30 years.
Sorry about the arguing........that is a hard one to agree on.

I'm running more errands today. Hope to get to pictures soon, but DGD is spending the weekend, so my free time isn't free anymore

Yep! We spent two weeks there in 2009; stayed in Seattle, Sequim and near Rainier and liked it all!

But we don't know where to even start! We want to spend less than $450K, be within an hour of a medium to big airport, near decent shopping and food delivery, good medical care and preferably little yard work.

I do remember that you lived there. Got any towns to recommend that we look at online?

And thanks for the sympathy about decision-making. It is absolutely the toughest thing we have ever dealt with as a couple.

Backside meaning, the thing I sit on lol. Maybe you could rent an rv for a while and take a nice road trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter