"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, first I know it's kinda late, but a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on being the #4 most viewed thread in all of DISboards for May. That is a wonderful achievement and very much deserved. :goodvibes

Hotel California playing, that made me chuckle. I think they may need to screen their music choices a little better.
I've almost always used Expedia, but your ordeal has definitely given me pause.
I can't imagine the range of emotions between being Stuck in Disney (awesome) and yet having friends and family back home in such a bad situation. Thank goodness for Gina.

Wow, your commentary in part 2 was really touching. I don't really know what else to say about it other than it was really beautiful. So much so that I read it 4 times. Thank you for sharing. :flower3:

What a great set of updates!

First of all, I cannot believe you stared at a tarantula for a whole minute! :scared1: Seriously nothing scares me more in this world than spiders. In fact, had I attempted such a daring feat, I would have been curled up in a ball crying within the first 5 seconds - I'm that afraid! So basically you are my hero. :worship:

I totally know what you mean about feeling super guilty about what was happening with Sandy but trying to enjoy every extra minute of vacation. For the whole time we were stuck in Disney my mom must have cried at least once an hour (well at least Monday and into Tuesday before we knew everyone was alright). At one point we were talking to some people in line at Spaceship Earth and she just started bawling. I was just like she's really stressed about what's happening back home but those people must have though we were just a little bit crazy.

Funny that those tires by the love bug section are a special place for you too! My senior trip in high school was to Disney and we stayed in the love bug section. Those tires are were we'd all hang out (all 400 of us) before curfew. So many special memories from that trip and a lot from that area in particular. I guess it's just a really good place to stop, think, and have good conversations.

Sorry that Expedia was such a pain! Spirit airlines was great about switching our flights - they even gave us a $50 voucher to be used on a future flight. I have to say though, the people at AoA weren't quite as helpful as those at ASM seemed to be. There were a lot of misunderstandings happening when we tried to extend our stay plus a fresh batch of tears from my mom. Oh well, what can you do? :confused3 It all turned out alright in the end.

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the rest!

I loved that last update. Thank you for that! Being a Cape May County girl and seeing the destruction that happened just miles from me was so eye-opening and made me appreciate so much. You are right- my family was fine and my house was fine, but I know many people who lost so much. Glad your family was safe!!

Can't wait to hear about your 3rd partaaayyyy!

Thank YOU for reading. I'm glad you liked it! I haven't been all the way down to Cape May in a long time. I'm happy you didn't lose anything/anyone either.

Aw Lia...your post made me cry. I loved your philosophical thoughts. My personal corner of this world is quite far from the east coast, so I wasn't plagued by Sandy...but my corner has been plagued by the Century 16 theater shooting and wildfires, and I have known people personally who lives have been forever changed by both. It's crazy. And heartbreaking. So easy to look at the unfairness of it all. But everything is fleeting. The tragedies and the joys. What else can we do but be thankful for the moment we are in? For the people we still have?

Aww. Thank you. The shootings just terrify me so much, and I can't imagine being in an area with wildfires! I hope the people in your life were able to recover.

You're right. That's why I have no qualms about spending so much money, time, energy, etc on Disney. It's what makes me happy, and I could be gone tomorrow, so I'm gonna do exactly what I want. :yay:

Great update! :goodvibes

Thank you!

I love that you took the time to check out the rest of the resort!! I always mean to do that, and then I always forget until I'm on the plane to go home and then I'm ridiculously devastated

Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP round 3!! :cool1:

Yeah, I always spend a lot of time wandering around whatever resort I stay at + the ones I visit. I could honestly make a whole trip of it!

Hi, Lia!

I love your trip reports (and Jess's) and I even spotted you guys in Japan on our May trip. Dis needs a starstruck smilie :)

Just wanted to comment on the hurricane situation. I had to evacuate Southern Louisiana for Hurricane Katrina but my husband had to stay since he's in law enforcement. I was stuck in Little Rock, Arkansas (of all places!) for a week. All phone service back home was down so I couldn't talk to him or check on family and friends. We were lucky. No power for a month during the summer heat but did not lose everything like some of my family. I hope nothing like that happens again.

But with every hurricane threat, I secretly hope it will cause me to evacuate to Disney;)

Hi! Don't be star struck, we aren't celebrities. (Yet). LOL.

That is so terrifying. I can not believe you weren't able to communicate with your husband. That happened to us on 9/11, but only for a few hours. I can not imagine what it was like for you and people who have to go days without knowing. I don't know what I would do. So happy that everyone was okay!

Seriously... I wish I had the money to just up and go every time a big storm is coming! Maybe one day if I have DVC & an AP it will be easier to just escape and head down!

OK, first I know it's kinda late, but a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on being the #4 most viewed thread in all of DISboards for May. That is a wonderful achievement and very much deserved. :goodvibes

Hotel California playing, that made me chuckle. I think they may need to screen their music choices a little better.
I've almost always used Expedia, but your ordeal has definitely given me pause.
I can't imagine the range of emotions between being Stuck in Disney (awesome) and yet having friends and family back home in such a bad situation. Thank goodness for Gina.

Wow, your commentary in part 2 was really touching. I don't really know what else to say about it other than it was really beautiful. So much so that I read it 4 times. Thank you for sharing. :flower3:

Thank you so much!!! :dance3:

Honestly, I've never had a problem with Expedia before. They're a good company. They just don't know how to handle something on the scale of Sandy. I may book with them again, but I just love Southwest so much because of the free changes and 2 free checked bags. AND YES THANK GOODNESS FOR GINA!

Wow, 4 times? Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. :goodvibes

What a great set of updates!

First of all, I cannot believe you stared at a tarantula for a whole minute! :scared1: Seriously nothing scares me more in this world than spiders. In fact, had I attempted such a daring feat, I would have been curled up in a ball crying within the first 5 seconds - I'm that afraid! So basically you are my hero. :worship:

I totally know what you mean about feeling super guilty about what was happening with Sandy but trying to enjoy every extra minute of vacation. For the whole time we were stuck in Disney my mom must have cried at least once an hour (well at least Monday and into Tuesday before we knew everyone was alright). At one point we were talking to some people in line at Spaceship Earth and she just started bawling. I was just like she's really stressed about what's happening back home but those people must have though we were just a little bit crazy.

Funny that those tires by the love bug section are a special place for you too! My senior trip in high school was to Disney and we stayed in the love bug section. Those tires are were we'd all hang out (all 400 of us) before curfew. So many special memories from that trip and a lot from that area in particular. I guess it's just a really good place to stop, think, and have good conversations.

Sorry that Expedia was such a pain! Spirit airlines was great about switching our flights - they even gave us a $50 voucher to be used on a future flight. I have to say though, the people at AoA weren't quite as helpful as those at ASM seemed to be. There were a lot of misunderstandings happening when we tried to extend our stay plus a fresh batch of tears from my mom. Oh well, what can you do? :confused3 It all turned out alright in the end.

Anyway, can't wait to hear about the rest!

Thanks so much!

I know, I can't believe it either. Like I said, it literally did not move a hair so it looked kind of fake to me I guess, which is why it wasn't so bad. Had it moved though.... :scared1:

Aww, your poor mom. I know that if my mom had been with me she would have been the same exact way. It was just such a crazy situation, so hard to even believe, especially when you're so far removed from it. SO stressful.

That is SO cool that you have good memories there too! The Love Bug section is just awesome. Good vibes over there.

AHH I'm jealous of that voucher you got... see, that's the right way to do customer service. I'm sorry AoA wasn't as helpful, I guess that staff is not used to anything like this happening with it being so new and all. Thankfully, everything turned out all right.

Catching up!! My own trip has made me get so far behind on my DISing! :rolleyes1 Fabulous updates - I had to laugh at the getting-lost-in-the-Beach-Club story because I have definitely done that myself!! One time I took this outdoor path by the Villas that I thought would be a shortcut to the parking lot, but it just seemed to wind around indefinitely! :eek:

Sorry to hear the dumbo cupcake was no good. I'm never sure whether or not to trust the cupcakes they sell behind the cookie/fudge counters like the one at Big Top and the one at Confectionary etc. They seem kinda mass produced...and the gourmet ones at the bakeries are so much better! :thumbsup2

It must have been really difficult being so far away from your family and not being able to do anything, but I'm so glad all your people were ok! And glad too that you were able to enjoy the rest of your Disney time without the worry getting you down too much! :goodvibes

Cannot WAIT to hear about the third MNSSHP!!

I know, I can't believe it either. Like I said, it literally did not move a hair so it looked kind of fake to me I guess, which is why it wasn't so bad. Had it moved though.... :scared1:

Aww, your poor mom. I know that if my mom had been with me she would have been the same exact way. It was just such a crazy situation, so hard to even believe, especially when you're so far removed from it. SO stressful.

That is SO cool that you have good memories there too! The Love Bug section is just awesome. Good vibes over there.

AHH I'm jealous of that voucher you got... see, that's the right way to do customer service. I'm sorry AoA wasn't as helpful, I guess that staff is not used to anything like this happening with it being so new and all. Thankfully, everything turned out all right.

Even fake spiders freak me out. I used to work at a day care with a tarantula toy and I swear it was like the kids wanted to chase me with it. :rotfl2:

And yeah, I think the the issue was just that resort was so new. It had only been open a few months at that point and I think they were just getting used to everything because some people had no idea how to answer our questions. Luckily, once we got a manger involved, everything got worked out very quickly - he was great!

Wow disneygirlfriend, what a tough spot to be in: On one side- YAY, stuck in WDW! On the other side- Worried about everyone back home with hurricane Sandy. Now was probably one of those times you were wishing you were rich, so you could just stay at WDW a few more nights.

It must have been such a relief to have Gina take you in :)

Great pics around the resort, it looked like a gorgeous day!

I think that creepy jack in the box must be related to the painting of the guy who burnt down the town in a previous update? :scared1:

Congrats on your TR status. :thumbsup2

I can kind of relate to how you felt about Sandy. When the tornado hit Moore, OK DH had co-workers that lost their homes, yet we still had everything. It's difficult to not feel some sort of survivors guilt. It does make you appreciate all the small things in life that much more. The endurance and kindness that people show through these events is inspiring though. :goodvibes

I can't wait to read about your 3rd MNSSHP. :banana:

Awww! Kangaroos! And goats! And pigs! SO MUCH CUTE!

I really liked Song of the Rainforest, until the loggers showed up and then we had to listen to buzzsaws. Then it was not so relaxing. It was just depressing. Did you make it to the buzzsaw part?

Ohmygosh, the Topolino costume is so cute! I agree, Mickey definitely needs to do meet & greets in that costume!

Woooo woooo! German CM! :thumbsup2

That's such a bummer about the Dumbo cupcake! The Dumbo chocolate on top is pretty cute, but honestly, a stale cupcake? That's just not okay!

Your "deeply philosophical" post made me cry (for more than one reason). I'm so glad that you were able to have a moment of clarity about what was going on and the helplessness you were feeling. Trust me, I know. The other reason why this post in particular made me cry was from the picture of the Mighty Ducks locker room. Odd, I know. But my parents were on vacation with my aunt and uncle back in April and they stayed at ASMo. My uncle had stage 4 cancer, and he really wanted to live long enough to go to Disney one last time. He got one day at the Magic Kingdom before he had to be hospitalized. They released him from the hospital, and when he and my aunt were back at the resort to pack up to go home, he had to use the Mighty Ducks locker room because it was wheelchair accessible, and at the start of the trip he didn't require a wheelchair 24/7, but by the end of the trip, he did. In any case, he fell in the bathroom and hit his head, and had to be hospitalized again. Five days later he passed away. I'm sorry about the rambling, but seeing that picture made what happened to him seem more real to me. Obviously I realize that he's gone, but there's still a part of me that's processing what happened, and seeing the place where he fell is one tiny piece in helping me grieve. So thank you. Again, I realize this is odd, but really, who understands what triggers different emotions?

On a cheerier note, all of your MNSSHP posts have completely convinced me that my fiancé and I NEED to do it on our honeymoon next year! I'll be honest, I'm ambivalent about Halloween, but that's because Halloween here is cold and usually rainy, and there's always (alcohol induced) drama and it's just generally more trouble than it's worth. BUT I feel like all of the things that I don't like about Halloween are not even issues at MNSSHP, so yay!

Hey Lia! I came across your TR through a Facebook post on the disboards page last week and am finally caught up so now I'll comment! I love your personality so much! It reminds me of a former coworker of mine (and you kinda look like her too). I would love the opertunity to have so much time in Disney as you did. I think the longest I've ever stayed was 6 days and that was when I was 10 or 12 or so. TOT and HM are two of my favorite attractions too!

I felt your excitement from meeting Eugene and thought it was cool that he came over and talked to you while you were in line! Your costume was amazing btw!

I was just there a couple months before you (end of aug beginning of sept) and storybook circus was the only part of new fantasyland that was open so I am jealous that you got to see it!

I look forward to reading the rest of this TR and to reading about your may trip also!

Jess' TR is on my to do list for reading and when I subscribed to it so I could read it later I had no idea that you knew each other!

Glad that everything worked out for you without totally draining your bank account! Too bad that expedia was rough on ya,not looking forward to changing my flight around for Sept now.

Your other post really hit home, we just had a really rough patch of hardcore flooding in my town, with over twenty neighborhoods evacuated and it being a complete gong show. Funnily enough, I was in Disney when all of it hit too, wasn't able to get home when I landed. I have to say that we were extremely lucky that even though there's countless amounts of damage, and a few small towns outside the city were wiped out, there was a minimal amounts of casualties and we were lucky enough to not have any damage done to our house. Really makes you appreciate everything more.

Lia! I love your updates, they were so very touching!! I'm glad everyone back home was ok!!

So I'm very excited that we've officially booked our Halloween trip!!!!! EEEEK! I'm planning on getting my MNSSHP tickets for actual Halloween, but you and others have mentioned that day sells out...Since you are the queen of the MNSSHP (being 3 times and all) how bad is it going to be vs going on a different day?

Also, I would love any advise you would like to share about MNSSHP or. FOOD & WINE festival!! I'm planning to visit the F&W on Friday (thinking it would be less crowded than Sat) and have dinner ressies at Le Cellier after all your fab discussion about cheddar cheese soup and mushroom filet!!! I can NOT wait!! How long (on a given day) do you need to spend at the F&W festival? Should I plan to be there all day?

Thanks for any advise you would like to share!!! Can't wait to hear about your 3rd MNSSHP!! I'm taking lots of notes!!

I feel the same exact way and did the same thing... so I'll just let Rob do the talking here. :goodvibes

What an emotional day! I am glad it all worked out!
And how perfect to go to the park late in the day with the party ticket! Can't wait to hear what you chose to do on actual Halloween!

Catching up!! My own trip has made me get so far behind on my DISing! :rolleyes1 Fabulous updates - I had to laugh at the getting-lost-in-the-Beach-Club story because I have definitely done that myself!! One time I took this outdoor path by the Villas that I thought would be a shortcut to the parking lot, but it just seemed to wind around indefinitely! :eek:

Sorry to hear the dumbo cupcake was no good. I'm never sure whether or not to trust the cupcakes they sell behind the cookie/fudge counters like the one at Big Top and the one at Confectionary etc. They seem kinda mass produced...and the gourmet ones at the bakeries are so much better! :thumbsup2

It must have been really difficult being so far away from your family and not being able to do anything, but I'm so glad all your people were ok! And glad too that you were able to enjoy the rest of your Disney time without the worry getting you down too much! :goodvibes

Cannot WAIT to hear about the third MNSSHP!!

I'm so glad I'm not alone in that! I seriously did not know where I was for awhile in that Beach Club maze.

I agree, those vanilla cupcakes with the pink swirled icing, or the blue... they always look like the kind you buy in a pack at the grocery store, but the Dumbo one looked way better to me! Sadly, I was wrong!

It was, but like you said, everyone was okay. And that's all that matters!

Even fake spiders freak me out. I used to work at a day care with a tarantula toy and I swear it was like the kids wanted to chase me with it. :rotfl2:

And yeah, I think the the issue was just that resort was so new. It had only been open a few months at that point and I think they were just getting used to everything because some people had no idea how to answer our questions. Luckily, once we got a manger involved, everything got worked out very quickly - he was great!

hahaha oh NO. I would not enjoy being chased with even a fake spider. No bueno.

Aw, that sucks. But yay for having good management! Sounds like the rest of the team just needed a little disaster training.

Wow disneygirlfriend, what a tough spot to be in: On one side- YAY, stuck in WDW! On the other side- Worried about everyone back home with hurricane Sandy. Now was probably one of those times you were wishing you were rich, so you could just stay at WDW a few more nights.

Hey Tinkgurlfriend! Yeah, it was definitely an interesting predicament I never thought I'd find myself in. I wish I was rich about once every 10 seconds, but yes, it would have been great to just stay in Disney indefinitely. I did want to visit Gina though, so it all worked out for the best!

It must have been such a relief to have Gina take you in :)

Great pics around the resort, it looked like a gorgeous day!

I think that creepy jack in the box must be related to the painting of the guy who burnt down the town in a previous update? :scared1:

LOL I like this theory!

Congrats on your TR status. :thumbsup2

I can kind of relate to how you felt about Sandy. When the tornado hit Moore, OK DH had co-workers that lost their homes, yet we still had everything. It's difficult to not feel some sort of survivors guilt. It does make you appreciate all the small things in life that much more. The endurance and kindness that people show through these events is inspiring though. :goodvibes

I can't wait to read about your 3rd MNSSHP. :banana:

Thanks!

I'm happy you guys were in the clear when it came to the tornado. It's hard to even imagine that kind of situation. I agree that seeing people's kindness afterward is just amazing. When I got home from Disney, I tried to donate clothing to my local drive, and they were no longer accepting donations because they had so many to sort through and give away already!

Awww! Kangaroos! And goats! And pigs! SO MUCH CUTE!

I really liked Song of the Rainforest, until the loggers showed up and then we had to listen to buzzsaws. Then it was not so relaxing. It was just depressing. Did you make it to the buzzsaw part?

Ohmygosh, the Topolino costume is so cute! I agree, Mickey definitely needs to do meet & greets in that costume!

Woooo woooo! German CM! :thumbsup2

That's such a bummer about the Dumbo cupcake! The Dumbo chocolate on top is pretty cute, but honestly, a stale cupcake? That's just not okay!

Your "deeply philosophical" post made me cry (for more than one reason). I'm so glad that you were able to have a moment of clarity about what was going on and the helplessness you were feeling. Trust me, I know. The other reason why this post in particular made me cry was from the picture of the Mighty Ducks locker room. Odd, I know. But my parents were on vacation with my aunt and uncle back in April and they stayed at ASMo. My uncle had stage 4 cancer, and he really wanted to live long enough to go to Disney one last time. He got one day at the Magic Kingdom before he had to be hospitalized. They released him from the hospital, and when he and my aunt were back at the resort to pack up to go home, he had to use the Mighty Ducks locker room because it was wheelchair accessible, and at the start of the trip he didn't require a wheelchair 24/7, but by the end of the trip, he did. In any case, he fell in the bathroom and hit his head, and had to be hospitalized again. Five days later he passed away. I'm sorry about the rambling, but seeing that picture made what happened to him seem more real to me. Obviously I realize that he's gone, but there's still a part of me that's processing what happened, and seeing the place where he fell is one tiny piece in helping me grieve. So thank you. Again, I realize this is odd, but really, who understands what triggers different emotions?

On a cheerier note, all of your MNSSHP posts have completely convinced me that my fiancé and I NEED to do it on our honeymoon next year! I'll be honest, I'm ambivalent about Halloween, but that's because Halloween here is cold and usually rainy, and there's always (alcohol induced) drama and it's just generally more trouble than it's worth. BUT I feel like all of the things that I don't like about Halloween are not even issues at MNSSHP, so yay!

Yes, I did make it to that part! It's a bit annoying, but I like that they included a good message about saving the rainforests.

Wow, that story. I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle. Honestly, my deepest condolences, having something like that happen is the worst thing in the world. The fact that my silly little TR helped in any way makes me happy. I am also so glad he got to do the last thing he wanted, visit Disney. :hug:

YES! Go go go go go go go to MNSSHP! You and your fiance will have the best time! and congrats on your impending marriage! :bride:

Hey Lia! I came across your TR through a Facebook post on the disboards page last week and am finally caught up so now I'll comment! I love your personality so much! It reminds me of a former coworker of mine (and you kinda look like her too). I would love the opertunity to have so much time in Disney as you did. I think the longest I've ever stayed was 6 days and that was when I was 10 or 12 or so. TOT and HM are two of my favorite attractions too!

I felt your excitement from meeting Eugene and thought it was cool that he came over and talked to you while you were in line! Your costume was amazing btw!

I was just there a couple months before you (end of aug beginning of sept) and storybook circus was the only part of new fantasyland that was open so I am jealous that you got to see it!

I look forward to reading the rest of this TR and to reading about your may trip also!

Jess' TR is on my to do list for reading and when I subscribed to it so I could read it later I had no idea that you knew each other!

There was a post on the DIS' facebook that mentioned me? Well that's awesome :D

AHH I know I still can't believe Eugene did that. Oh my God, I miss him. :lovestruc

It was crazy getting to see it early like that, that's another thing that I still don't believe I was lucky enough to experience!

Thank you!!!

Glad that everything worked out for you without totally draining your bank account! Too bad that expedia was rough on ya,not looking forward to changing my flight around for Sept now.

Your other post really hit home, we just had a really rough patch of hardcore flooding in my town, with over twenty neighborhoods evacuated and it being a complete gong show. Funnily enough, I was in Disney when all of it hit too, wasn't able to get home when I landed. I have to say that we were extremely lucky that even though there's countless amounts of damage, and a few small towns outside the city were wiped out, there was a minimal amounts of casualties and we were lucky enough to not have any damage done to our house. Really makes you appreciate everything more.

Yeah, there are fees when you change your flight through Expedia. It's really annoying. That's one of the reasons I love Southwest, no fees for changes.

I heard about that and of course I'm so happy you're okay! That is just so scary. :sad1:

Lia! I love your updates, they were so very touching!! I'm glad everyone back home was ok!!

So I'm very excited that we've officially booked our Halloween trip!!!!! EEEEK! I'm planning on getting my MNSSHP tickets for actual Halloween, but you and others have mentioned that day sells out...Since you are the queen of the MNSSHP (being 3 times and all) how bad is it going to be vs going on a different day?

Also, I would love any advise you would like to share about MNSSHP or. FOOD & WINE festival!! I'm planning to visit the F&W on Friday (thinking it would be less crowded than Sat) and have dinner ressies at Le Cellier after all your fab discussion about cheddar cheese soup and mushroom filet!!! I can NOT wait!! How long (on a given day) do you need to spend at the F&W festival? Should I plan to be there all day?

Thanks for any advise you would like to share!!! Can't wait to hear about your 3rd MNSSHP!! I'm taking lots of notes!!

Thank you!

Yay!!!! It's not really going to be that bad. They only sell a certain number of tickets, they don't sell the park out. So even a packed MNSSHP is a lot less crowded than a regular day with a high crowd level.

Friday will be better than Saturday, but Friday after school/work lets out will probably be pretty crazy because it isn't a weeknight, so I would get there early and personally I would stay all day. I'd cancel the Le Cellier reservation, it just isn't necessary, you are going to be full from the Festival and Le Cellier is the kind of restaurant you want to be HUNGRY for, especially with the price increase and same menu all day now. Not to mention they sell the Cheddar Cheese Soup & Mushroom Filet at the Canada booth, so what you want is available to you right there! If you have any other questions, I am happy to help! :)

I feel the same exact way and did the same thing... so I'll just let Rob do the talking here. :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed it :goodvibes

What an emotional day! I am glad it all worked out!
And how perfect to go to the park late in the day with the party ticket! Can't wait to hear what you chose to do on actual Halloween!

I know, it really was an emotional day but everything ended up working out so well, I really can't complain!

Well this post made me tear up a little. And I thank you for that. A lot of bad things have happened in my life, but I try to look on the bright side of things. I didn’t get affected by the Boston Marathon bombings, but a close family friend of ours did. He was running in the race and was so close to the bombings, but he was fine in the end. He never had to go to the hospital or anything. And looking back on that now after reading this post, I feel lucky about that. Of course I felt lucky then, but more so now. Those are miracles to me and they don’t happen very often. And I am thankful when things like that happen. Of course being #stuckindisney must’ve been fantastic, but I would’ve been anxious too. I can’t imagine how much that stunk, but everything worked out (being able to go to Gina’s, Disney helping you out…), so I am happy for you :-)

Thanks again!

That sounds so frustrating! Ugh! At least a bad day in Disney is usually better than a good day any where else!

That Jack in the Box! Whose idea was that??? Hey kids, we're going to stay at a Disney hotel. And you're going to come back with lifelong fears of children's toys!

I'm so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy it! I'm thinking back to that time. We were one of the very few areas in our town that didn't lose power even once. We got through the storm like it was just a regular rainstorm. Others in neighboring towns weren't as lucky. Though I wasn't in Disney or anything, I did have the "guilt" that we were just fine and so many others were not. Then I realized that the situation wouldn't be any better if we were suffering along with everyone else, so I needed to accept it as a blessing with God and never forget it.

AND ANOTHER MNSSHP???????? Please update soon! I need my Halloween party fix. Seriously, your Halloween party updates are like an addiction to me. I'm going for 2 weeks in August, so there is like, a 0.1% chance that I'd be able to take a long weekend in Sept/Oct to go.....I must live vicariously!

Well this post made me tear up a little. And I thank you for that. A lot of bad things have happened in my life, but I try to look on the bright side of things. I didn’t get affected by the Boston Marathon bombings, but a close family friend of ours did. He was running in the race and was so close to the bombings, but he was fine in the end. He never had to go to the hospital or anything. And looking back on that now after reading this post, I feel lucky about that. Of course I felt lucky then, but more so now. Those are miracles to me and they don’t happen very often. And I am thankful when things like that happen. Of course being #stuckindisney must’ve been fantastic, but I would’ve been anxious too. I can’t imagine how much that stunk, but everything worked out (being able to go to Gina’s, Disney helping you out…), so I am happy for you :-)

Thanks again!

It's great that you try to look on the bright side of things like that. It's really hard for me most of the time! Of course, Disney makes it easier. Thank God your friend was okay. I also knew someone who was running in the race and luckily he was nowhere near where the bombs went off and was not injured, but to think that he could have been right there... it's the most terrifying thing in the world to imagine that a happy, supposedly safe event could turn into such a horrifying and devastating situation in a matter of seconds. It makes me afraid to do anything sometimes!

That sounds so frustrating! Ugh! At least a bad day in Disney is usually better than a good day any where else!

That Jack in the Box! Whose idea was that??? Hey kids, we're going to stay at a Disney hotel. And you're going to come back with lifelong fears of children's toys!

I'm so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy it! I'm thinking back to that time. We were one of the very few areas in our town that didn't lose power even once. We got through the storm like it was just a regular rainstorm. Others in neighboring towns weren't as lucky. Though I wasn't in Disney or anything, I did have the "guilt" that we were just fine and so many others were not. Then I realized that the situation wouldn't be any better if we were suffering along with everyone else, so I needed to accept it as a blessing with God and never forget it.

AND ANOTHER MNSSHP???????? Please update soon! I need my Halloween party fix. Seriously, your Halloween party updates are like an addiction to me. I'm going for 2 weeks in August, so there is like, a 0.1% chance that I'd be able to take a long weekend in Sept/Oct to go.....I must live vicariously!

That's true... your worst day in Disney is better than most other days.

You're so lucky you didn't even lose power! It's crazy how things were so different in towns minutes away from each other. We had no flooding at my house, but 20 minutes away, there was a guy rowing down the street in his row boat. Insane.

I'll try! I got really behind in editing my pictures, and things are crazy right now, but a new MNSSHP update will be coming soon! :yay:

OCTOBER 30, 2012
Day 10, Part 3 In Which Another Not So Scary Night Begins!

I went back to my room so I could get some of my leftover Wolfgang Puck pizza to heat up in the microwave at World Premiere.

9164694306_e2c6c5de99_z.jpg

It's no Landscape of Flavors, but I love it in there!

So, my WGP pizza was a few days old by now and still DELICIOUS. I also had some of my African breads and dipping sauces from Jiko. FLAWLESS MEAL.

I love the pictures in the lobby at ASM from classic films, but they're really hard to get photos of cause of the glare!

9162471387_52f500a9e4_z.jpg

Casablanca will never get old!

I went back to the room and the time came to get ready for party #3!

Gleefully, I unpacked the Mickey Mouse costume I thought I was done wearing for at least a year, and started the lengthy hair and make-up process.

Awhile later, I came out looking like this (again):

9162471711_2f2afc45ed_z.jpg
9162471907_49ae96b4f3_z.jpg

This time, I decided to go even further with the glitter on my eyes, and I LOVED how it came out. It was my favorite out of all 3 nights.

A6ezw5PCEAAxHuN.jpg

I then remembered that I had found some Mickey head confetti on the ground in Animal Kingdom the day before, so of course I glued it beside my eye. Disney Tip: Anytime you find something on the ground, adhering it to your face is a good idea.

I probably have Small Pox or something now but it was worth it, because look how cute this looks:

9162472177_d46ffc6fc7_z.jpg
9164694802_a23804eddf.jpg

I fully plan on gluing more sparkly things that I find on the ground to my face, because this worked out quite well!

You can also tell that I sprinkled glitter in my hair. I sprayed it a lot, but I doubt it stayed very long. I thought it looked soooo cool though!

One final shot before I left!!

9164695092_77f7ddd42d_z.jpg

I headed out to the bus stop and was instantly cold. Not only was there a chill in the air, but the wind was still a little crazy!

I waited a pretty long time for the Magic Kingdom bus. There were two little boys in line in front of me that loved my costume, so instantly I became friends with them due to their flawless taste.

They were dressed as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. Vader was super snarky and HILARIOUS. Tons of busses kept coming, one after the other, for every other park except Magic Kingdom.

I wasn't really annoyed, I know how the busses can be. But two children ready for MNSSHP? Definitely P.O.'ed.

We kept naming the busses as soon as they got close enough that we could read the marquee and see what park they were for, and often I could see it first being the tallest, but then a bus came and I couldn't tell what it was, and Snark Vader said something that made me die laughing. It went something like this:

Me: That's... uh... EPCOT.
Vader: Ugh. Can you see the next one?
Me: Yeah, it's Hollywood Studios.
Vader: Ugh. Oh, here comes another bus. It's probably for Blizzard Beach.

I could not stop cracking up, and he was like "What?" in all his snarky glory. This kid could not have been more than 8 and he had the perfect deadpan sarcastic tone down. The fact that he was dressed as Darth Vader only added to the side splitting laughter I was experiencing. I seriously meet the best people in Disney when I'm solo.

There was another child I talked to who was dressed as a ghost. He told me repeatedly that he was dead. He seemed proud of it, too, like "I'm dead! :D" It was so funny.

He had a pre-teen sister who was the eye-rolling, gum-popping type. She said something like, "What's so great about being dead????" And he replied in a very sassy tone, "Because when you're dead, you can do whatever you want." I cackled, omg. He was just so sure of himself. So many funny kids were around tonight! Ahh I loved it.

Eventually, the Magic Kingdom bus came and we started our LONG journey up there. I gave Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker's parents some tips about the party, and they were so sweet and thankful! They could not believe it was my third party this week. Once we arrived, I wished them a Happy Halloween and headed toward the monorail.

The monorail, you ask? Why yes! First of all, I just love the monorail, so there is no explanation needed. But it was still early and I actually really wanted to check out the cupcakes at Contempo Cafe, located in the Contemporary Resort. I was in the mood for a good cupcake, especially after the Dumbo disaster from the night before.

9164695258_baa7da81be_z.jpg

I thought this little bunny in the mural was so cute. I had never spotted that before!

9164695626_7d00b47fa4_z.jpg

There were quite a lot of activities for Halloween planned. Awesome!!

9162472617_5471b1bc85_z.jpg

So I get to Contempo, and I see that they did NOT have the cupcake I wanted, the Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake. Grr. I guess it's seasonal. So... I didn't get anything.

I KNOW, I KNOW. It sounds crazy. But please understand, I was so maxed out on food, especially chocolately things, which is all they had - two cupcakes that were chocolate based and one red velvet. And LBR, if I'm going to eat a red velvet cupcake, it's gonna be the Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake at Starring Rolls. I really wanted something light, and the Strawberry Lemonade cupcake would have been perfect. Hopefully they'll have it next time!

I stopped in one of the stores to check out the pin board, and I traded for a pin of one of the dancing hippos from Fantasia!

So yeah, the little excursion to the Contemporary wasn't totally a bust. I just love the Contemporary in general, so I was happy I got to have a little visit!

After a little bit of wandering around, I went back over to the Monorail.

9162472745_596b18b727_z.jpg

There was a group of adults in front of me who were headed to Narcoossee's for dinner and they were staring at me.

"Oh my God, you look wonderful!" an older woman said.

I said thank you and one of the men with her said, "Are you a character here or are you just dressed up?"

I found that really funny, because it's not like you often see Disney characters in line for the monorail (though I wish you did, how cool would that be?). I told him that I didn't work for Disney, and the woman said, "Well, you should!" I said thanks and told them that I was just headed to the Halloween party. They asked me some questions about it and I basically explained how it's the best thing ever, and provided all the information possible.

The man said, "Wow, you should work here! You really know a lot!" Yes, yes, I KNOW.

We also chatted about Narcoossee's, and even though I have never been there, I still knew a lot about it so I recommended the almond cheesecake that I've heard so much about. The woman then just began firing off questions about various Disney things and places, even as we boarded the monorail. I explained what everything was and suggested different things. They were very thankful!

Really though... if I could retain information about science or something the way I do Disney facts, I would have long since cured cancer. OH WELL.

9164695778_6f36619855_z.jpg

OFF TO PARTY #3!

9164695960_29420c6aa6_z.jpg

YES YES YES YES YES.

9162473301_23d47fd69a_z.jpg

As you can probably tell, this was the only party I arrived early for, even though that had been my plan all along. It actually wasn't as fun because it's not all spooky and Halloweeny yet, with all the lights and music and smoke and stuff. However, it just makes sense to get there early and squeeze more into your party experience!

These are the posts they have up where the Trick or Treat stops are. YAY CANDY.

9164696224_e50d4060be_z.jpg

I cannot even explain how much I adore the Cast Members' MNSSHP costume.

9162473599_667ae2ff0f_z.jpg

I didn't get a Trick or Treat bag, because I had brought mine from the other night. I'm a seasoned MNSSHP goer! I did get my wristband, though!

I'M HERE I'M HERE I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MNSSHP I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

9164696752_c306eac7b3_z.jpg

I had plenty of time, so I just wandered around, enjoying Main Street. Along with downing gallons of LeFou's Brew and flirting with Eugene, one of my favorite MNSSHP activities is people watching. I LOVE seeing all the creative costumes!

This family dressed as Haunted Mansion ghosts!!!!

9162473737_798335f766_z.jpg

I loved that because although I had seen ton of adult HM ghosts, that was my first sighting of a kid/whole family dressed like that. SO COOL.

These two were dressed as tourists.

9162473905_5178ba0454_z.jpg

LOL. Love it.

I then decided to do something I have meaning to for a very long time: EAT A MAIN STREET BAKERY CINNAMON ROLL!

Like with everything, I had to turn this into an EXPERIENCE. I was so excited. Omg.

9162474225_c9eedc4e2b_o.png

GAH!! Everything looked TOO delicious. I wish I had fourteen stomachs for all this amazingness! I wanted it all. But I had my mind set on THE Cinnamon Roll.

9162474553_57c01b476d_z.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I ordered this delicious piece of Magic Kingdom history and went to sit down in front of the Plaza.

9162474857_62a7973b40_z.jpg

I HAVE JUST MET YOU AND I LOVE YOU.

9164697382_c5364050d3_z.jpg

OH HEAVENLY FATHER OF DELICIOUSNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slap my behind and call me Professor Snape, was this Cinnamon Roll good!

Worth the hype for sure. Jess told me that on occasion she gets one that's a bit dry, but mine was not at all! The inside was the soft, ooey gooey wonderfulness that one dreams about. Ahhhhh yes.

A6fQ5oSCQAAqAmp.jpg:large

Thank God I ate this before everything changed. I know you can get them at Gaston's now, but the new icing is not the same, so I am really happy I got to experience the famous Cinnamon Roll in its original glory. Plus, my thing at Gaston's is LeFou's Brew, which is quite sugary and filling on its own. I still want to try the new cinnamon roll, but it's not the same! RIP Flawless Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll. I will always love you.

Up Next: IT'S PARTY TIME!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter