"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY MNSSHP #3!!!! I hope you had an awesome time!

Those kids sound adorable and hilarious. And that HM ghost family is incredible! I love the "different" costumes, aka not your typical complete-costume-in-a-bag variety. Like your Mickey costume! It's not necessarily a traditional look, but it is fabulous looking and no one has any doubt who you are! I am no where near that talented. Hmmmm......maybe I better start planning now. For the MNSSHP that I'll eventually-maybe-hopefully take. Someday!

I did!!!

Thank you! I hate costumes in a bag! It's never too soon to plan for your future MNSSHP, I say go for it!

Glitter makes everything!! I love it! So super cute.

Those HM costumes are totally perfect! That little kid has soooo much more guts than I did at that age! I love love love their costumes. And the tourists, of course. Amazing.

I cannnnnoooottttt wait to hear more about your 3rd party!! I hope you got a chance to flirt with Mr. Fitzherbert again. :)

I agree. Thank you!!

I know, I loved them! I want to go as a HM ghost someday!

I'll try and update soon. No Eugene this time, though!

I hope you got to flirt with the German again!!!!

You will have to wait and see!

Whew, I'm all caught up now! Took me long enough, right? Well, first off, I still am so jealous that you got stuck in of all places Disney while Sandy was causing problems. I was stuck here in good 'ole New Hampshire where we didn't get too bad, I think I lost power for a day or something. I believe I updated about it on here lol Can you say #lifeofadiser? But it's good to hear that amongst those who didn't have it too good, there were a lot making it out just fine. And that you were getting all this luck after a crappy MNSSHP. Oh I hope one day I can go to MNSSHP! I actually just played the nerd Eugene in Grease, so now whenever I hear the name I feel somehow connected to whatever is being referenced so my need to meet Mr. Eugene Fitzherbert has gone through the roof. Can the Disney gods please bless me on my next Disney trip by putting a surprise Rapunzel + Eugene M&G right in front of my face? That's all I ask, a graduation present you could say :teeth: If not, I still have Gaston to look forward to though :D BTW, your Mickey Mouse outfit is pretty awesome, very creative and it combines my two favorite things in the world: Broadway & Disney. :)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Omg that is so awesome that you played Eugene in Grease! It has always been a dream of mine to be in Grease, it's one of my all time favorites. You're so lucky!

I hope you get to go to MNSSHP someday and I hope you get to meet Rapunzel & Eugene! It is such a magical experience.

Thanks so much!!

yay!!! another MNSSHP. It is now, and forever shall be, my favorite party. I love October in Disney!
Can't wait to read all about the party.

yay!!! another MNSSHP. It is now, and forever shall be, my favorite party. I love October in Disney!
Can't wait to read all about the party.

I've never been to a different Disney party but I can't imagine anything topping mnsshp!

Thanks!

Oh my gosh, did you see this?!!! I thought of you immediately...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3140098

She's back!!

Haha yes! Stacey and I follow each other on twitter, so I already wished her a very magical trip! Yayayayayayayay!

Looks like another grand start to MNSSHP!! I cannot wait for this year! Love checking out everyone else's costumes, there really are some AMAZING ones out there!!

First off...I know this is a tad late, but your costume=freakin genius. Definitely lovin the bit with adhering the confetti to your face. Small pox, pink eye...WHATEVER. Worth it. So cute! I just can't get over how amazing you looked gahhhhhhh!

That bunny on the mural literally got a "dawwwwww" out loud from me.

Omg those costumes of those other park-goers. Dying. Sighhhhhhhh. One day I will make it to a MNSSHP!!!!!! ONE DAY.

Wellll guess I'll never live to eat a MSB cinnamon roll. #crushedforlife

Looks like another grand start to MNSSHP!! I cannot wait for this year! Love checking out everyone else's costumes, there really are some AMAZING ones out there!!

Heyy, what are you going as this year?

First off...I know this is a tad late, but your costume=freakin genius. Definitely lovin the bit with adhering the confetti to your face. Small pox, pink eye...WHATEVER. Worth it. So cute! I just can't get over how amazing you looked gahhhhhhh!

That bunny on the mural literally got a "dawwwwww" out loud from me.

Omg those costumes of those other park-goers. Dying. Sighhhhhhhh. One day I will make it to a MNSSHP!!!!!! ONE DAY.

Wellll guess I'll never live to eat a MSB cinnamon roll. #crushedforlife

Thank you so much! It is never too late to compliment my costume :laughing:

I think they might bring the regular Cinnamon Roll back someday. There's been such an outrage from fans. Then again, they never brought back the Beaver Tails in Canada... :worried:

I literally spent a whole DAY reading this trip report, I loved it! I need more updates!!

That's awesome, Thank you!

Hi Lia! :)

I am a recent convert to your TRs! I just finished your first 2 and just started this one and all I can say is: wow. Your TRs are perfection. I love your pop culture references, especially your Friends refs! I own all 10 seasons on DVD, so I basically have it memorized, so your refs really make me laugh! You write with such happiness and eloquence that I really feel like I'm on these trips with you! Not to mention, you are freaking hilarious! I especially love your love for the food. I am like you, I try to eat healthy in my normal human life. But when I get to Disney my stomach expands. BRING ON ALL THE DISNEY FOOD! You exude sheer happiness and enjoyment of Disney, which I adore! You are just so pretty and stylish, I love your DIY ToT shirt! I can't wait to keep reading this TR! :)

Hi Lia! :)

I am a recent convert to your TRs! I just finished your first 2 and just started this one and all I can say is: wow. Your TRs are perfection. I love your pop culture references, especially your Friends refs! I own all 10 seasons on DVD, so I basically have it memorized, so your refs really make me laugh! You write with such happiness and eloquence that I really feel like I'm on these trips with you! Not to mention, you are freaking hilarious! I especially love your love for the food. I am like you, I try to eat healthy in my normal human life. But when I get to Disney my stomach expands. BRING ON ALL THE DISNEY FOOD! You exude sheer happiness and enjoyment of Disney, which I adore! You are just so pretty and stylish, I love your DIY ToT shirt! I can't wait to keep reading this TR! :)

Thank you so much! Could you BE any nicer? :laughing: Thanks for reading all my TRs & all the great compliments... they are appreciated pixiedust:

OCTOBER 30, 2012
Day 10, Part 4 In Which I Fly, Chase the Wind, and Touch the Sky

Another magical experience crossed off the bucket list, I wandered into Tomorrowland, mainly because it was the closest. I loved not really having any plans for this night. Ah, the luxury of doing three MNSSHPs!

9164697674_48403d813f_z.jpg

I really just wanted to soak in the party one last time and make sure I saw Boo To You (aka, my favorite thing in the world) again.

9162475125_efdd6502cb_z.jpg

I hadn't been there yet this trip, so I figured, why not stop by the Laugh Floor?

9162475277_12336e1877_z.jpg

Roz is everything.

9164698012_dae589d558_z.jpg

"Call me sentimental, but I still miss the screaming."

LOVE HER.

I personally think we need an all-Roz attraction, but that's just me. Also, in the pre-show room, I noticed a newspaper clipping with a review of the Laugh Floor that said:

"If you see only one show this year, see My Scare Lady. But if you see two shows, then you should check out The Laugh Floor." hahahahaha. Make sure you check out all the details in this room. They crack me up. I personally think they should add even more stuff though. It's all so funny.

I don't remember much about this Laugh Floor show... as usual I did not want to be singled out, but especially like being alone and being in costume... Yikes. Luckily they didn't pick me and I could just laugh at others! Yay!

When I came out, it was dark out and the party was about to begin. I started really getting those exciting MNSSHP vibes and oh my God I just wanted to explode with joy. I LOVE MNSSHP!!!!!!

9259001018_260e9048a1_z.jpg

One of the most hilarious things of the whole night happened. I saw someone dressed as Bo Peep, and it was a really great costume. All of a sudden I see her throw her arms open and I look further and see someone in a HUGE, FLUFFY SHEEP COSTUME running toward her also with his arms open. They then embraced. Oh if only I got a video of that. What a happy moment. SHE FOUND HER SHEEP!

I just started wandering around and hit the first candy spot in Tomorrowland over by Carousel of Progress. YAYAYAY free candy! Then I walked on and hit the one by the Speedway. My bag was already like half full!!!!! They were really pilin' it on tonight! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Candy line!

9258995934_7235a337c3_z.jpg

Remember: even if the candy lines look long, they move VERY fast. In fact, they are consistently moving, so don't worry about blowing 10 minutes in line to get a few pieces of candy. You'll be in and out in less than half that time!

I was right near Merida, and I hadn't met her yet (ever), so I went over to the side of the castle to her greeting area. Since she isn't a MNSSHP-exclusive, if I wasn't on party #3, I probably wouldn't have stopped, but this was my laid back MNSSHP night, so I was doing whatever came into my mind at that second!

The line was already a bit long, but like I said, I was chillin. NOT like a villain because I am way better than all the Disney villains due to the fact that I have never tried to kill a princess. So I was chillin like... a girl at her 3rd MNSSHP. LOL. THE POINT IS I just decided to wait it out!

The views of the castle from her line are so cool and spooooky.

9259001144_f844428ab0.jpg

Merida has the most awesome Character Attendants. I don't know if it's this way all the time, but they were all Scottish! I could tell the one handling the line wasn't putting an accent on either, she was the real deal. She knew EVERYTHING about Merida and was talking to the little girls in front of me about everything Brave-related, and she was of course speaking as if the movie is 100% real, like she was discussing Merida's life. It was kinda brilliant.

Unfortunately, Awesome Scottish Character Attendant (ASCA) had some annoying news. Merida was going to go bring her horse into his stable, as it was his bedtime. So we were gonna have to wait an additional 15 minutes.

Again, I decided to just wait because I really wanted to meet her, and I had already waited like 10 minutes, so I didn't want that to be for nothing.

9259001300_eebc147cdd_z.jpg

I just chatted with some cute kids in line and ASCA until Merida came back. Once she arrived, ASCA moved the velvet rope to accommodate me and said, "Right up this way, boss."
Oh how I love being dressed as Mickey! :D

Merida's greeting area is really cool. I really wish I had gotten to go to this one when Rapunzel and Eugene were there!

9259001430_2017b158f1_z.jpg

9256224873_1e0d09b246_z.jpg

IT'S MERIDA!!!!!!!!!! AHH.

9256225075_c940fbb9fc_z.jpg

I was very excited to meet this amazing princess. I find Merida so inspiring because she fought for what she believed in even though she had to fight against her mother, which in itself is a hard thing. Nevermind when your mother is the QUEEN. She wasn't marrying any dude unless she wanted to and she put her damn foot down and I love that. It's also okay to be like Snow White and wait night and day for your prince, but I've just never related to that. Merida on the other hand? That's my girl. She doesn't take anyone's crap no matter WHO it is and she is not going to conform to anything she isn't personally comfortable with. "SCREW THIS, I'M DOING WHAT I WANT" is basically my mood 100% of the time, so I just really appreciate Merida. I'm extremely happy that young girls have her to look up to.

Needless to say, we got along very well instantly!

9256225555_7ddabfdbd6_z.jpg

9259149684_41fc9cab30_z.jpg

She was great. She thanked me for waiting and of course I said I didn't mind, and that I really wanted to meet her! She said thank you and that she was very happy to meet me!

9256225301_1119dc95d1_z.jpg

9259149850_8721a1428f_z.jpg

She said that her three brothers had gotten into something, and that they were always doing that because they were such rascals. "I swear, sometimes they act more rowdy than a pack of bear cubs!" hahahaha. I said, "Yeah, but they're so cute, it's hard to stay mad at them!" She agreed, and then asked me if we wanted to "make a tapestry" together! I LOVE HER.

9259002338_47eef6feed_z.jpg

Ahh, I love that picture. We're BFFs.

9259150028_c50545f29b_z.jpg

So then the PhotoPass photographer told us to hug? Which was kind of awkward. Like I'm not 100% sure Merida wanted to hug me in that moment but oh well. LOL.

9256373401_073f3a535d_z.jpg

I loved meeting her, and I was so glad I waited! Definitely worth it. I LOVE YOU MERIDA.

I walked down to Main Street because the first Villains show was about to begin. The first time I saw this, I was crying (due to other things that had gone wrong that night, not the show itself LOL) and confused by it, so I had to give it another shot! Plus, I wanted to meet a couple of the villains after the show.

9256225927_a3c61fea83_z.jpg

I'm still wondering what the eff this show is.

It's as if a select few villains, along with some dancers, all took E together and went looking for a rave. Since they live in the Disney universe, the best they could find was the castle.

Seriously.

They could come up with an actual storyline and real Villains show. I think it would be really cool. I'm not saying this is bad, but it's just... odd and not really in a good way. It's like a mess.

9259002602_e3e29e5855_z.jpg

I don't get it. They do Dream Along With Mickey, one of the most fantastic shows in Disney World, on this stage multiple times a day. They need to do a show of equal quality for the Halloween Party.

9259002766_74b1c99728_z.jpg

I don't want it to sound like I hate this show or anything. I just get nothing from it really, which is weird because I like random things that make no sense. Not to get theoretical but my general assessment of life is: "random thing that makes no sense". I guess because everything else at MNSSHP is so ridiculously well done, this just seems lackluster.

As I previously reported, at the end, everyone leaves the stage except the Queen of Hearts, and then she dances alone to Heads Will Roll by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

9259002856_67411dff28_z.jpg

It's just a really hilariously random show. They then announced that the villains would be joining us and we should stick around if we wanted to meet them.

I'm honestly not that crazy about meeting the villains because like... they tried to kill all my faves!! Screw them!!! But also... I love creepy and dark things. So, it's a toss up for me.

It was REALLY crowded in this area. I didn't expect that. There were no Cast Members coordinating a line, so people were just crowding around trying to meet the Villains first. It was a mess. I tried to get in the semi-line that was almost forming for the Queen of Hearts, and a mom LITERALLY PUSHED ME out of the way so that her daughter could stand in front of me.

UGH. Are you serious?! I am no stranger to rude people on the street, trust me, but this is Disney! I seriously wanted to tell her off but I decided to just immediately leave, because I didn't want to meet the Queen of Hearts that bad and there were just too many other things to do at this party. I really didn't need to deal with any BS. BS is something that I usually experience exclusively outside of Disney World and I very much need to keep it that way.

What I *wanted* to say though, was like... HEY, I deserve to be here just as much as you and your daughter, lady. And if you had simply ASKED me to move back so that your daughter could get closer, guess what? I would have said yes. But you resorted to violence for some reason that completely escapes me.

Here are the pics I snapped before I took off. I love this first one because it's all wonky and wonderlandy:

9256226515_0bc8b6059a_z.jpg

In this next one, it looks like the Queen is about to eat that child or something. So bravo, mom, you fed your kid to an evil villain!!!

9259003236_165a5805d9_z.jpg

Oh well, I wasn't gonna let that little incident get me down! Especially with this beautiful sight right in front of my eyes.

9256226877_029dcc0a7d_z.jpg

Even on Day 10, sometimes I just look at the castle and I'm just like I'm here. You know?

Up Next: One more villain sighting before moving on to some less murderous characters. :D

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is one of my favorites. My DH has been singled out as Sulley a couple of times. I think it's because my DH is so hairy. ::yes::

Merida is precious. I love that meeting area.

The Villains show sounds really weird. I would expect something a bit more polished from Disney.

Hey! I’m doing Wendy for my first party and probably Tink for my second. I really wanted to do Lottie, but it’s just too pricey, and the woman who took all my info for Rapunzel still hasn’t gotten back to me!!

Aw man, last time we were there I was SO freaked out over being singled out, don’t know why, being a theater person and all but it’s just intense!

AHAHAHAHAHA BEST SUMMARY OF THE VILLAINS SHOW EVER!! Like, there is not really a plot, and the older one didn’t either! Aha! Wow. Rude!!. Some people leave their manners at home when they come to Disney and it irks me forever! Also the people who think adults “shouldn’t bother spending time with characters” and such like, cool story bro, I paid as much money as you did to be here, and I’ve stood in line just as long. No.

That Merida was really pretty! But the hug was a bit awkward... maybe it was just a creepy photopass guy.

Love the Laugh Floor, I just heard that they've updated it for Monsters University, so that's pretty sweet.

Haha, the villians show sounds bizarre! I do like the Queen of Hearts though, she has such a creepy face.

SUPER YUM for that cinnamon roll. You are so right - the experience at Gaston's is just not the same. You need to SEE the cinnamon buns right in front of you on the hot plate, and then the CM's can scoop up extra icing from the plate to put on top. SO GOOD. At the new Starbucks MSB, they put a picture of the cinnamon bun on the menu but then DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAVE IT. :faint: So not cool. But maybe that means they're thinking of bringing it back?? :confused3

Also totally agree on that Villains show. It was several years ago when we saw it, but it just seemed really random and not like a real Disney show. :rolleyes1 So fun you got to meet Merida though! Can't wait for more!

Great update Lia!

Yes, you are totally right about the Villians show! We saw it at our first MNSSHP (2008) and I was like "*** is this?" LOL...Not in an angry way...just a more confused, can't quite figure it out way...we have been back to MNSSHP twice since and have not watched it again.

Also, the lines for the villians were INSANE the first time we went as well! I think we met 2 before I realized it was just taking SO long and you're right, the people were all just pushing and shoving and trying to squeeze their way in etc. (and as you and I know, we're used to this on the NYC subway, but not so much while waiting on line to see Disney characters).

Your last couple of updates seem a bit short. :( It feels like TR interuptus....I just start getting all into what you're writing and checking out the pics and hearing about your adventures...and then poof! It's over.

Hurry back.....hurry back......

(please?)

Yay, another MNSSHP!!

Awwww, what a sweet m&g with Merida! Still haven't seen the whole movie...I should probably try to watch it again before our trip so I can take DS to meet her. She seems adorable!

Soooo... I'm getting the impression I shouldn't be too upset if we can't fit Villains Mix & Mingle into our night? :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

Haha, Bo found her sheep. I can't help but wonder if they knew each other or were just drawn to each other due to the costumes and are now happily married and living in field somewhere.

Mmmm candy. And not just candy, but FREE candy. And not just free candy but really GOOD free candy.

Ahhh Merida is the final Disney princess for me to meet (unless Disney now counts Princess Leia :laughing:). I think I'll wait until she's in a different location though, though your wait at the party doesn't seem too bad.

Oh my, totally agree about the Villains show. Actually I was excited for a minute hoping you might be able to explain it. Ah well.
I've only seen it once, but I was totally confused by it. I remember thinking "That's it"??!!" I did like meeting the villains though (well just one due to time), but when I was there it seems like it was a bit more organized. This one sounded pretty chaotic, not to mention EXTREMELY rude guests.

Merida is so cute! I doubt she'd like that description but it's true. :) I have to meet her during my next visit to the world.

I also need to see that show, solely based on your description. It sounds so weird for a disney show to be so out there and not themed in any way. And those villain lines, I had no idea they still did character meets that way, without attendants. That is a recipe for disaster.

I love the laugh floor! Though, I silently pray I'm not picked to buy everyone churros every single time, just like you. Cheesy humor is the best.

Can't wait to hear more about the party! It always makes me look forward to going for the first time this year even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter