"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!!!!!!!!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ NEW TR 9/27!!!!!!!!!!!

ugh. lia. y u so perfect?

seriously, even though I sound like a total creeper right now, we would totally be perfect friends.

your updates make me cry. the video made me cry. perfect.

I have been lurking on here for a while now. I finally decided to comment lol. Your video has made me decide we just have to go to Disney during Halloween just for the party!

Aaaahhh! I am so excited for new fantasy land now! It looks beautiful.

I have been perfecting the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and fully plan on dancing down the street. I imagine it happening a lot like a musical where passers by just join in, because surely everyone knows the words!

I don't understand why this doesn't happen more often at Disney.

Are you super sure that it wasn't just Eugene? It seems weird that he would have gone to the party with Eugene (who would be working all night, so he would have been hanging out on his own..) AND he couldn't have said he worked as a character because obviously all the characters live at the castle and have parties and drink tea and such like.

That sounds like just about the most perfect Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party EVER!!! Loved hearing about all your character interactions - you got to meet so many! And how exciting New Fantasyland was open!! :cool1::cool1:

The video was adorable. And love that you met a friend of Eugene's on the bus back. What a perfect ending!

OMG....awesome.
For some reason I didn't see all weekend that you had updated! I can't watch any of the vids at work, so I'll have to at home.

I've also decided that DH and I are going to read your TR together in prep for our trip, just because basically you write how I feel. And though he pretty much gets it, I don't think he gets it. You know?

Anyway...I LOVED this update! I can't wait to see New Fantasyland in 208 days! LOL....

Crap, I forgot what I was going to say...dammit.

Anyway, thanks for making my Monday morning magical!! I needed that! Can't wait for the next update!!

P.S. You costume rocks. I forgot to say earlier...

:wave2:Hey Lia! Still here reading every update even if I haven't commented much lately. You know how "Real Life Land" can be. (I love Disney so much I named my regular life a land so I can have the magic with me at all times.:goodvibespixiedust:)

First, I totally agree with you...the cost of Disney becomes a non-issue when compared to all the memories you get to make and treasure for a lifetime!!! This is what really separates the ones that "get it" from those that don't. Any place that can transform my DH (the world's most serious realist) from "Why don't we go somewhere else next year" to "Let's stay at the Yacht club next time!!!!!" is simply priceless!:yay:pixiedust:

We love ASMovies too. The huge icons and pools there are so fun. Andy's Rm looks amazing, so glad you loved staying there.

EEEEeeeee!!! I'm so glad you finally got to meet Eugene. I was as frustrated as you and I wasn't even there. But then it was better than you ever dreamed! It's just that when you're in Disney dreams really do come true, day after day, one after another and when they occasionally don't, it's like, WHAT???!!!:sad::faint: Then you have to pull yourself together until pixiedust is sprinkled your way again. And it always is!::yes:: You can just see it in the happiness on your face. BEST NIGHT EVER.:hyper::cool1::cool1:

Deserted Fantasyland!!!! (I know, I use too many !!!s:upsidedow) I love FPs and all but when there's no wait it's so fun to stroll through the cues and see all of the details. Thanks for sharing them.:goodvibes

Can't wait 'til you're back making memories in the World.:cheer2::cheer2:

TLM was my second favorite movie growing up .... your description of the ride makes me so excited! The whole NFL area just gives me chills and warm fuzzies all at once.

BUT .... I did not listen to your warnings and read through your ETWB experience. OMG. *%^$(*)U#ROIJGOIU)(#%$W*(T OMG. I HAVE TO DO THIS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET PICKED. Seriously. If I have to do the attraction multiple times I will. I'll send the DBF to go get himself a turkey leg or something if he gets bored. That picture montage and write up just bumped ETWB to the top of the 'absolutely-completely-1000%-necessary' list.

and way too funny about meeting Eugene's friend. Only you. You should've proposed to him .....

Lia. First off I cannot explain to you how happy I am that you're coming to Disney. Moving to Disney has obviously been the best thing that has ever happened to me and you know that. But you also know that reality has seeped in and that I've been dealing with a lot of sadness because of the consequences of distance and such.

But reading about your night at MNSSHP is encouraging. I need my spark back. And girl, you just might have enough spark to kick me back into gear here. Your whole night was magical. They way you view Disney is magical. It's not an "everyday" to you but it's special. And I know that it's like that for me too, but I'm letting reality control me right now. GAHH I hate it and I don't want it to.. but it is. :headache:

I just wanted to say thank you for writing. Thank you for giving me hope that the next few weeks are going to make me happy again. #BirthdayFestivus13 better be FREAKIN' GREAT because I'm so ready to be my old self again.

And also.... the fact that you met Eugene's friend MAKES MY LIFE. Sometimes those kind of meetings are more magical. And I don't know why. :rotfl:

And I want to meet that Ariel. SO BAD. She sounds amazing.

So yeah. Thank you. I can't wait until you're here! princess:

Wow, I don't know how I got so many chapters behind, but let's see if I can make my comments without having this be the longest post ever.

One of my favorite things about WDW is that no matter how old you are, or how long it has been since your first trip, there are things that you see/hear/smell that bring all of those memories from your childhood trips back to the surface, and it's like no time has passed at all.

I knew how the meeting Eugene thing eventually resolved itself, but I was seriously so upset for you while all that was happening and while reading through your update about it - being so excited and then literally walking into an empty room with absolutely no answers. Ugh.

I am terrible on Buzz too - like, legit awful, even when I try. I've heard Disneyland's version is MUCH better than WDW, so maybe I won't suck so badly on the West coast.

I have so many comments about MNSSHP, but basically I agree with every point you make. And it drives me CRAZY when I have friends who are there in the fall, but skip out on going because they think based on the name that it's just full of kid stuff. No, it's full of awesome, thank you very much.

That Toy Story section is freaking awesome. ASMovies is one of the resorts I've never been to, but I'm sure we'll stay there eventually!

So excited that you're stretching out your trip for the 24 hour day! Going down last year for Leap Day was one of the best spur-of-the-moment decisions I've ever made and truly one of my best days in Disney EVER. Watching the sun rise in the Magic Kingdom TWICE in one day at Disney? Priceless. If you have any questions about the experience, let me know!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY MEETING EUGENE!!!! There really aren't any words to adequately describe the excitement of that situation, so I'm just going to leave it at that, haha.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY NEW FANTASYLAND!!!! (See above comment.)

My husband doesn't share my level of love and excitement over anything and everything Disney, but he at least knows enough never to say "What are we even doing here?" or anything remotely like that when we're in WDW, hahaha. To steal his tweet from the end of our first day in the parks this year: "It's been a long day. Totally worth it to see my wife happy." Yep, he's a keeper.

Again, it's just remarkable how much this whole area makes you feel like you are walking though the movie. It's so weird to have watched a film dozens and dozens of times over 20+ years and then be.... IN IT.
Yes yes yes. I still can't get over that with the BatB and LM areas in New Fantasyland. I will probably cry when I get to walk into the Tangled area.

Ahh it's so true. I hope that feeling never goes away! I don't think it will.

I know :( It was just so unlike Disney for something like that to happen. Thank God I got to go again the next night or I'd probably STILL be annoyed about it.

That's good. I've heard a lot of rides in Disneyland are better, like Pirates. I can't wait to see all of it someday! Hopefully I will get to go next year.

It IS full of awesome! What a great way to describe MNSSHP. I love it.

You should stay there! It's great. Like I said my only complaint about the All Stars is how far they are from most things but if you have a car it's not as big of a deal.

I remember your video! I don't think we'll be going in the morning when it opens... maybe. But we are definitely going overnight and I can't WAIT for that. I will keep you in mind if I have any questions, Thank you!

IT'S TRUE. I don't even know how I find the words to write about these things sometimes.

OMG I love your husband for that. You can tell he just wants to see a smile on your face! That's awesome. If I ever get married it *has* to be to someone like that if it isn't someone who totally obsesses over Disney too. I hate when guys are so intolerant of it and annoyed about going.

I will DEFINITELY cry when I see that Tangled area. Obviously I have detailed my level of Tangled obsession so I can't even imagine it right now.

ugh. lia. y u so perfect?

seriously, even though I sound like a total creeper right now, we would totally be perfect friends.

your updates make me cry. the video made me cry. perfect.

It's okay, I understand! I've read TRs like that before and now I am friends with some of those people hahaha.

Thank you!!!!!!! I am so happy you enjoyed them so much!!

I have been lurking on here for a while now. I finally decided to comment lol. Your video has made me decide we just have to go to Disney during Halloween just for the party!

Not *JUST* for the party, although that would be worth it. Remember: Food & Wine goes on around that time too! With this combination, no other time of year could possibly as good. I hope you go and have an amazing time!

Aaaahhh! I am so excited for new fantasy land now! It looks beautiful.

I have been perfecting the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack and fully plan on dancing down the street. I imagine it happening a lot like a musical where passers by just join in, because surely everyone knows the words!

I don't understand why this doesn't happen more often at Disney.

Are you super sure that it wasn't just Eugene? It seems weird that he would have gone to the party with Eugene (who would be working all night, so he would have been hanging out on his own..) AND he couldn't have said he worked as a character because obviously all the characters live at the castle and have parties and drink tea and such like.

You should be! It's beyond. :)

You go girl! One should dance down the street in Disney at LEAST once if not multiple times.

I don't understand it either!

Well technically only Cinderella and her Prince live at the castle. The other characters travel from their respective homes - Aladdin and Jasmine are from Agrahbah, Pooh is from the Hundred Acre Wood, etc. Trust me... he was Eugene's friend in that he looked like Eugene, spoke like Eugene, hangs out with Eugene in the parks often... if you get my drift. ;)

That sounds like just about the most perfect Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party EVER!!! Loved hearing about all your character interactions - you got to meet so many! And how exciting New Fantasyland was open!! :cool1::cool1:

The video was adorable. And love that you met a friend of Eugene's on the bus back. What a perfect ending!

It really was. I loved all the characters so much! I can't wait to meet even more when I go NEXT WEEK!! Ahh.

Thank you so much. It really was the best ending possible. And the funniest. :laughing:

OMG....awesome.
For some reason I didn't see all weekend that you had updated! I can't watch any of the vids at work, so I'll have to at home.

I've also decided that DH and I are going to read your TR together in prep for our trip, just because basically you write how I feel. And though he pretty much gets it, I don't think he gets it. You know?

Anyway...I LOVED this update! I can't wait to see New Fantasyland in 208 days! LOL....

Crap, I forgot what I was going to say...dammit.

Anyway, thanks for making my Monday morning magical!! I needed that! Can't wait for the next update!!

P.S. You costume rocks. I forgot to say earlier...

Aww that's great that you want to read my TR with your husband! I hope he enjoys it too.

208 days! AHH. It'll get here eventually and the wait will be so worth it.

You're welcome! Thank you for reading & for the nice comments!

:wave2:Hey Lia! Still here reading every update even if I haven't commented much lately. You know how "Real Life Land" can be. (I love Disney so much I named my regular life a land so I can have the magic with me at all times.:goodvibespixiedust:)

First, I totally agree with you...the cost of Disney becomes a non-issue when compared to all the memories you get to make and treasure for a lifetime!!! This is what really separates the ones that "get it" from those that don't. Any place that can transform my DH (the world's most serious realist) from "Why don't we go somewhere else next year" to "Let's stay at the Yacht club next time!!!!!" is simply priceless!:yay:pixiedust:

We love ASMovies too. The huge icons and pools there are so fun. Andy's Rm looks amazing, so glad you loved staying there.

EEEEeeeee!!! I'm so glad you finally got to meet Eugene. I was as frustrated as you and I wasn't even there. But then it was better than you ever dreamed! It's just that when you're in Disney dreams really do come true, day after day, one after another and when they occasionally don't, it's like, WHAT???!!!:sad::faint: Then you have to pull yourself together until pixiedust is sprinkled your way again. And it always is!::yes:: You can just see it in the happiness on your face. BEST NIGHT EVER.:hyper::cool1::cool1:

Deserted Fantasyland!!!! (I know, I use too many !!!s:upsidedow) I love FPs and all but when there's no wait it's so fun to stroll through the cues and see all of the details. Thanks for sharing them.:goodvibes

Can't wait 'til you're back making memories in the World.:cheer2::cheer2:

hahaha what a good idea to call it Real Life Land!

It's so true! It certainly isn't going to be cheap for me to spend 2 weeks there but I have no problem spending it because I know how amazing it is going to be.

Yay for Movies!!!

It really was better than I even dreamed! Thank goodness. You hit the nail on the head, everything usually goes perfect in Disney so when it doesn't, it's quite a shock.

It's fine, I welcome excessive exclamations on this TR so it's all good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love those details so much!

IT IS HAPPENING IN ONE WEEK, can you believe it?! Cause I can't!

It's getting closer...:dance3:

It's getting closer...:dance3:

:party: See you there!!!

TLM was my second favorite movie growing up .... your description of the ride makes me so excited! The whole NFL area just gives me chills and warm fuzzies all at once.

BUT .... I did not listen to your warnings and read through your ETWB experience. OMG. *%^$(*)U#ROIJGOIU)(#%$W*(T OMG. I HAVE TO DO THIS AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET PICKED. Seriously. If I have to do the attraction multiple times I will. I'll send the DBF to go get himself a turkey leg or something if he gets bored. That picture montage and write up just bumped ETWB to the top of the 'absolutely-completely-1000%-necessary' list.

and way too funny about meeting Eugene's friend. Only you. You should've proposed to him .....

You are going to love it!!

If you want to be picked simply ask. :) They just want you to be happy and don't want you to feel left out. There are many roles so I'm sure if you just ask they will give you one!

I guess I am old fashioned, I was waiting for him to propose to me! I mean, we knew each other for all of like 30 minutes, he really should have. :laughing:

Lia. First off I cannot explain to you how happy I am that you're coming to Disney. Moving to Disney has obviously been the best thing that has ever happened to me and you know that. But you also know that reality has seeped in and that I've been dealing with a lot of sadness because of the consequences of distance and such.

But reading about your night at MNSSHP is encouraging. I need my spark back. And girl, you just might have enough spark to kick me back into gear here. Your whole night was magical. They way you view Disney is magical. It's not an "everyday" to you but it's special. And I know that it's like that for me too, but I'm letting reality control me right now. GAHH I hate it and I don't want it to.. but it is. :headache:

I just wanted to say thank you for writing. Thank you for giving me hope that the next few weeks are going to make me happy again. #BirthdayFestivus13 better be FREAKIN' GREAT because I'm so ready to be my old self again.

And also.... the fact that you met Eugene's friend MAKES MY LIFE. Sometimes those kind of meetings are more magical. And I don't know why. :rotfl:

And I want to meet that Ariel. SO BAD. She sounds amazing.

So yeah. Thank you. I can't wait until you're here! princess:

Things may not be your dream situation right now, but they rarely are for anyone. You are not alone my friend!! The great thing is there is always a chance for it to all turn around. I know everything is going to work out for you! I absolutely can not wait to see you so we can have the BEST TIME EVER. I mean, going to Disney under any circumstance is amazing, of course. But the fact that you live there now and we get to spend 14 DAYS together is just too much. I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED.

I WISH IT WAS AN EVERY DAY THING. Sigh. Please can I move to Disney now? Omg. Don't you worry for one second, I will spark all over the place. I will explode. :lmao: It's all good I HAVE IT COVERED. Trust me, every day is going to be more magical than the next!! Reality controls me all the time. It stresses me out and gives me anxiety and makes me depressed and ruins everything. But I am luckier than most people who go through that because I have Disney and I have great friends like you. So thank you for reading because if you didn't... we may not have ever met, and what a tragedy that would be!

ONE MORE WEEK AND THEN IT BEGINS. AHH. :yay:

OCTOBER 27, 2012
Day 7, Part 1 In Which There Probably Should Have Been Sleeping In Disney

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING!!! NOOOOO SLEEPING!!!

Whoa.

You know when you've had a really big, long night and you wake up the next morning so tired and before your thoughts come to you, you're just like in this daze of what the f happened?

Yeah.

@babybritney: Oh man. When I woke up this morning I remembered nothing and then the tidal wave of memories hit me and I was like AHHHHHHHHHHH LAST NIGHT!

Yes. It had truly been a PERFECT night. One of the best I've ever had in Disney, and one of the best I've ever had in my life.

It certainly wore me out. My streak of endless energy had finally come to a halt, and I had to rely on Stitch to wake me up again! Thank you Stitch!!!!!
After an epic night at MNSSHP that had me staying up until like 2:30 AM, I really should have slept in a little bit.

However, at the time I thought it was my last full day. So I wanted to get as much out of it as I could, and I got up for Hollywood's opening so I could dash madly to my beloved crack like addiction, Toy Story Mania, once again.

So I got up super early and went to Hollywood. I decided to just bulldoze through the sleepiness and party it up with Woody and the gang. Plus, it was a Saturday, so I wanted to get to Food and Wine as soon as it opened, because I knew that the weekend crowds were nothin' to mess with.

Breakfast consisted of whatever was left of my Mickey cake pop, topped off with a Mickey Rice Crispie treat. So I was ready and rarin' to go after that!

It wasn't a very bright day in Hollywood, but I did not let that deter my mad dashing!!!

8711140044_fe7d60dcb9.jpg

I barely snapped that photo, I was in such a rush! I went straight to Toy Story Mania... like that even needed to be said. :-)

8710016555_1caa636586_z.jpg

I rode once, and got a Fastpass for later, which wasn't good until like after 2pm. I was already so tired by that time that I did not even know if I could last that long!

The thing I wanted to do most besides TSM was take another class at Animation, so I headed in that direction. While I was walking over, someone stopped me and gave me a Tower of Terror fastpass!

A6N1eBPCcAIxvqG.jpg:large

What luck. I actually didn't end up using it, because the lines were non-existent that day, but it was still a lovely gesture, and now I have the FP for my scrapbook. So thanks, random person!!!

I also saw someone wearing a shirt that said "Team Rumbelle of Storybrooke, Maine." YES YES YES. If you do not understand that reference, you need to watch the series Once Upon A Time immediately.

At the Animation class, this time I got to sit in the very front row, which was awesome cause last time I was in the very back.

8710016125_356d56181b_z.jpg

The animator did a poll asking who had done this before, and most of us raised our hands! She then asked which character we'd like to draw, naming a few and seeing how many of us raised our hands for each. Being that it was only my second time there, I honestly didn't care who it was as long as it wasn't Stitch again, since I had clearly mastered him two days earlier.

We ended up sketching Pluto! Aww.

In addition to drawing Pluto, she talked about some of the differences between Goofy and Pluto, putting sketches of them side to side for comparison. Although they are both dogs, they are of course very different. She also showed sketches of the original Goofy and Pluto VS what they have now evolved into.

Goofy's name actually changed a few times. He used to be known as Dippy Dawg and he looked like this:

8714560105_bffd6fff8b_z.jpg

I actually knew about his old name (and wrote about it in my last TR) because I found that sooooo amusing, I can't even tell you. It's not dog. It's DAWG.

He also used to appear a bit older, and had whiskers and glasses. To me it looks like Goofy's dad or crazy uncle.

l.jpg

Pluto is actually technically "older" than Goofy, since he debuted a couple years earlier. He used to look like this:

Pluto-3-web.jpg

Crazy! When I see these, I think, "Obviously, the modern Pluto and Goofy are way better." However, you have to think of it from a different perspective. I mean, you see how nuts some diehard fans get anytime they change anything. Like me with the new Princess looks both animated on merchandise and in the parks. Why mess with something like that? So that's probably how diehard Disney fans felt decades ago when they changed the look of the characters. Something to think about!

Another weird fact she told us that I had NO idea about, is that some people believe Pluto actually can speak the way Goofy does, he just chooses not to. This is believed because of the 1931 short The Moose Hunt in which Pluto says a few words. I am not the biggest fan of that short because Mickey carries and shoots a shot gun (at one point he actually thinks he killed Pluto, and he starts sobbing over what he thinks is his dead body... it's just not good), but it's interesting to watch if you're into the history of these characters, which I am!

Here is my Pluto:

A6N8NIWCMAAxHGB.jpg:large

Again, I was shocked at what a good job I did! As I said before, I have never been good at drawing, so the fact that this animation class brings it out in me is quite remarkable! :) I fixed the ear once I got home, too, so now it looks even better. I've been meaning to color them in with crayons or colored pencils but I love how they look just sketched. Ahh I love my drawings. It is so weird to value something that I drew, because I have always been so awful at it! So it's a great feeling.

After class let out, I headed down Sunset to visit my future residence.

8711175750_94114f8b5e_z.jpg

Duh na na na na na na na na na na na...

8711175900_d72a395fb4_z.jpg

8710052839_b8ce06468d_z.jpg

I spent a lot of time shopping when I came out of the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The shops along Sunset were practically empty and I spent time looking at everything!

8710052281_b4bb248459_z.jpg

The decor in these stores is Old Hollywood perfection.

8710052059_67d076952f_z.jpg

I had no idea what to get my cousin Nicolette. She and I are very close but she is at that age (12) where I never know if I should get her something cute and kiddie or something cooler and more teenagery~. So I just texted her and asked her to tell me what she wanted and she said Rapunzel pajamas. That warmed my heart because it was more on the kiddie side. Unfortunately, it was so on the kiddie side that the ones they had would not fit her. So she said she wanted a shirt, and I then proceeded to take pictures of like every single shirt that was in the place & sent them to her!

She picked this one:

8711284416_eeaf897a25_z.jpg

She loves it! :-) So cute.

I loved this mirror so much, I just had to take a picture in it!

8711174802_2491764aa0_z.jpg

I need to try and find a mirror like that. Vintage perfection.

I think the term mancave is so stupid, but this sketch of the Beast is so awesome:

8711175068_e0cb06883d_z.jpg

Because of the glare, it was hard to shoot the windows, but you can kind of tell how awesome the vintage displays were! Note the not-so-Hidden Steamboat Willie Mickey. :D

8710051203_c7088ccc41.jpg

8711174564_36b12f1877.jpg

It was time to head out of the park and over to Epcot for some Food & Wining!

8711174210_4e6c119289_z.jpg

8711173792_d9054c99e5_z.jpg

Bye Hollywood! See ya in a few hours!

8710050805_2344c50e3a_z.jpg

Up Next: Eating around the World...again.:D

OCTOBER 27, 2012
Day 7, Part 2 In Which I Don't Drink South African Vodka

I took the Friendship Boat over to Epcot, but of course.

8711173618_07841c2143_z.jpg

8710050277_341a6c2a60_z.jpg

Ah, so lovely and relaxing.

8710050077_d2b4054cd6_z.jpg

8711173076_e500fe8f37_z.jpg

8710049683_aaaa9a1a52_z.jpg

Almost TOO relaxing! I was ready to fall asleep. Yawn. I NEEDED FOOD!

I have to say, I also could not stop thinking about the night before. I was just praying New Fantasyland would be open again during Magic Kingdom EMH tonight.

@babybritney: Ahhhhh New Fantasyland, please be open tonight. I need to go back Under the Sea and I really need more Lefou's Brew. #addicting

It really is addicting! I can not tell you how often I crave that delicious drink!!! FINALLY I WILL GET TO HAVE IT AGAIN IN A MATTER OF DAYS!

@babybritney: You know when a cartoon character has a crush and hearts float over their head? That's me every time I think about when I met Eugene. <3

Sigh.

Into the World Showcase I go!

8710049479_8207fd49da_z.jpg

8710049289_c3b1dd9129_z.jpg

8711172232_0be725e599_z.jpg

I would normally never go to the Food & Wine Festival on a weekend day like this. I am excellent at avoiding Disney crowds! However, due to the fact that I thought I was leaving the next day, I had to spend every second I could with my beloved Cheddar Cheese Soup and other delicacies. So I decided I would just get there at opening and brave the crowds!

As I walked through France, I noticed Madmoiselle Belle was out greeting! There were only like 3 people in her line. Even though my priority was food, I thought, WHEN am I ever going to see this line so short? So I had to get in it!

8710048751_5710bbc9f3_z.jpg

The night before, I had met Belle in her yellow dress, so it was cool to meet her in her "Little Town" dress!

8710017227_05c61e57d5_z.jpg

I'm having a hard time remembering the exact details of this M&G, but I do recall her asking where I was from. I told her, "The Kingdom of New Jersey," and she said, "Oh my, that's far. I read about it in a book. It must have taken your horse a long time to get here!" I told her that yes, it took days! She said that she hopes her father invents a faster mode of transportation soon, especially because Phillipe deserves a break. So true!

8711140828_628fbcc1fe_z.jpg

8711140396_a376b42424_z.jpg

Just a note here: Don't be nervous at ALL about meeting characters alone. They are so cute, nice, and perfect. Just do what you want to do. Don't be worried about anyone thinking you are weird or WHATEVER. You only have one life to live, who cares. It's so much fun.

I walked along and wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, but they weren't out yet. Their line was already forming and I had some serious eating to do, so I moved on!

8710048451_4f5c9f4c61_z.jpg

8710048189_43ba253f5d_z.jpg

I passed a Segway Tour happening! That is so awesome. I would love to do that someday!

8711171308_750be2de7d_z.jpg

In Italy, I got one of my favorite F&W dishes, the Ravioli, which is more like Ravioli Lasagna, as I described during Day 2 of this report!

8711171032_8f27e1fe44_z.jpg

AHH. I want this RIGHT NOW. I have been trying to cut back on carbs this week since I know while I'm in Disney I will become a carb processing machine, and this food picture is KILLING ME.

Warning for Kara: Bird picture coming up!!!

8711170812_37d38ec578_z.jpg

I think they're cute even though their beaks are admittedly a bit stabby.

In Germany, they were playing soccer! Or as they call it, football, which actually makes a lot more sense.

8710047209_6919ea1476_z.jpg

They kicked it to me and I joined in for a bit before bailing for more food.

I got the Schinken Nudel ~ Pasta Gratin with Ham and Cheese

8711170322_8dfdca0b12_z.jpg

This was probably the only thing at F&W that I did not like. It was just very bland and I did not like the consistency of the noodles at all. If it had more flavor and the noodles were more al dente, I think this dish could have excelled. I mean, I know you can only expect so much when eating out of a small cardboard container, but it just wasn't appetizing. I hate wasting food, but I felt it was more important to not waste stomach space on this, so unfortunately most of it went in the trash.

Soooo I just played more football. LOL. I mean, when else am I going to have a chance to play football with cute Germans (besides every Thursday at my Cute German Parties). I should have taken pictures with them! They were so nice. And cute.

They asked if I was staying for Illuminations tonight and I told them no, that I had seen it many times and had plans to go to dinner and then Magic Kingdom in hopes of New Fantasyland being open again. They had all already been there and thought it was so fun! They told me that Illuminations may not even happen that night because the night before, it got canceled due to high winds! It's true that the wind was insane. That's really the only part of Sandy that Disney was hit with, thank God. I wish New Jersey & New York had been so lucky. :'(

8710046759_cde090ac12_z.jpg

The next booth I hit was South Africa. I got the Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce.

8710046545_47527e5375_z.jpg

Oh my God. I really can't describe this except to say it was absolutely delicious and every element worked so flawlessly together. This is a Food & Wine MUST DO. I seriously could have eaten about 5 more of these. WOW. Between this dish and Charlize Theron, South Africa really has it going on.

They had some interesting drinks at this booth and I was considering one because I thought it was like a lighter alcohol. Let me tell you something, the amount of people who drink in Epcot at 11am is absurd. I couldn't even believe it. I mean Epcot at night can be drunk city, but at 11am?!

I asked a fellow guest who was drinking this beverage what it was like, and they said VODKA. Not that it tasted like it, it was straight vodka.

I ALMOST DRANK SOUTH AFRICAN VODKA AT 11:30 IN THE MORNING.

God help all of Disney World if that had occurred tbh.

Oh man.

8710046309_a566e8de86_z.jpg

8710045747_1a509cf690_z.jpg

The bridge came up to let a boat pass. I think it's so cool when I see that for some reason.

8710045963_0932974a91_z.jpg

Then, I saw Duffy, decked out in his Halloween finest.

8711159606_8edb6f1eec.jpg

How cute. I would have met him had he not just been leaving. I would like to try on that outfit btw.

Up Next: More Epcot, Sleeping In Disney, and then even more Epcot :D

Oh my gosh I am slow. I put peroxide on my head today. I can totally blame the chemicals for not catching on to the "friend of Eugene" thing... right? :rolleyes1

Just caught up again and ohhh my goodness, your MNSSHP night was fabulous! NEW FANTASYLAND IS BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. I love it. I can't wait to see it again in September and spend more time there. It's just perfect.

That basically sounded like the best night ever, and to end it by meeting a friend of Eugene's is just perfect. Like what are the odds?! HAHAHA.

Your "last day" also sounds like it's off to a wonderful start! I give you credit for powering through, because I would have been so exhausted! Oh man. But I have to say, the vodka thing made me laugh... and is it bad that I kind of wish you'd had the vodka, only because I think it'd be the funniest thing ever?! OMG it would have just been hilarious.

You are going to be in Disney so soon, that's just amazing. I can't wait to read your tweets!

We closed on our house that day. Apparently we were the only ones in the entire county who were able to (I live about an hour east of Disney, right by the coast.) There's some rule with the insurance agencies that if there's a named storm within X miles of Florida (any part of Florida...it could have been up by the Panhandle!) then they won't bond any of the policies. Luckily, we were supposed to close a week before, so our policy was fully bonded, so we could close! Good thing because we left the next day to spend a long weekend up at Disney for our anniversary/Food & Wine!!

Dippy Dawg seriously cracks me up. Like, what?!

Your Pluto drawing came out so good! I love it.

Ok so um YOUR TANGLED SHIRT IS PERFECT. WHERE DID YOU GET IT?!?!?

Seriously. You have the best experiences in World Showcase. Like, I just want to play football with hot German guys.

Lia, I've been loving this trip report all along, for about ten thousand reasons:

1) I love the name Lia. Like- Lia is the name I use for my interner presence when I wish to be anonymous.

2) My (very first ever) trip to WDW falls within both F&W and MNSSHP - so the previews have been a lot of fun.

3) I have a friend who could seriously be your brain twin, right down to the slightly unnatural-yet-totally-understandable Hanson addiction. I read your reports and I hear Melissa's voice. For reals.

Anyway, love, love love your trip report :)

Oh my gosh I am slow. I put peroxide on my head today. I can totally blame the chemicals for not catching on to the "friend of Eugene" thing... right? :rolleyes1

hahahaha It's all good. :thumbsup2

Just caught up again and ohhh my goodness, your MNSSHP night was fabulous! NEW FANTASYLAND IS BEAUTIFUL. Seriously. I love it. I can't wait to see it again in September and spend more time there. It's just perfect.

That basically sounded like the best night ever, and to end it by meeting a friend of Eugene's is just perfect. Like what are the odds?! HAHAHA.

Your "last day" also sounds like it's off to a wonderful start! I give you credit for powering through, because I would have been so exhausted! Oh man. But I have to say, the vodka thing made me laugh... and is it bad that I kind of wish you'd had the vodka, only because I think it'd be the funniest thing ever?! OMG it would have just been hilarious.

You are going to be in Disney so soon, that's just amazing. I can't wait to read your tweets!

Ahh I know, I can't wait to go there NEXT WEEK. How crazy is that?!

It really was. I couldn't believe that happened either! I was laughing so much at the situation, he probably thought I was nuts.

I WAS so exhausted but you know... NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY! But I did take like a 3 hr nap. And I'm really bad with vodka. I don't even know how I used to do shots... I haven't done that in so long! The thought of it makes me sick. LOL I am an old lady. Nevermind South African vodka at Epcot at 11:30 AM. Omg.

I KNOW!!! AHHH.

We closed on our house that day. Apparently we were the only ones in the entire county who were able to (I live about an hour east of Disney, right by the coast.) There's some rule with the insurance agencies that if there's a named storm within X miles of Florida (any part of Florida...it could have been up by the Panhandle!) then they won't bond any of the policies. Luckily, we were supposed to close a week before, so our policy was fully bonded, so we could close! Good thing because we left the next day to spend a long weekend up at Disney for our anniversary/Food & Wine!!

Wow, that's crazy! You guys definitely got lucky there. I hope you had a great anniversary!

Dippy Dawg seriously cracks me up. Like, what?!

Your Pluto drawing came out so good! I love it.

Ok so um YOUR TANGLED SHIRT IS PERFECT. WHERE DID YOU GET IT?!?!?

Seriously. You have the best experiences in World Showcase. Like, I just want to play football with hot German guys.

hahaha I know. It really makes me giggle every time it comes out.

Thank you!

I got it from here: http://whosits.bigcartel.com/ However it is no longer available. The artist is quite creative though and there are some great designs! Maybe if you e-mailed her and asked she could still make the Tangled one for you.

They're just drawn to me, what can I say? LOL. Seriously though it's all about being outgoing. I can be really shy if I don't know someone but in Disney I'm just like hey whatever.

Lia, I've been loving this trip report all along, for about ten thousand reasons:

1) I love the name Lia. Like- Lia is the name I use for my interner presence when I wish to be anonymous.

2) My (very first ever) trip to WDW falls within both F&W and MNSSHP - so the previews have been a lot of fun.

3) I have a friend who could seriously be your brain twin, right down to the slightly unnatural-yet-totally-understandable Hanson addiction. I read your reports and I hear Melissa's voice. For reals.

Anyway, love, love love your trip report :)

Oh thank you! I like my name too. Well I like MY spelling of it, hahaha. I don't really like Leah. It looks like Lee-AHHHH to me. LOL.

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST FIRST TRIP EVER!

Well I have to say your friend sounds pretty awesome. :D

Thanks so much!

Love your breakfast of Disney champions that day!!! :thumbsup2

Those facts about Goofy and Pluto are really interesting! It's fun to see how the characters evolved over the years!

WASN'T THAT SOUTH AFRICAN BEEF AWESOME?? I'm so glad you tried it, we loved it!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter