I'm Loving Priceline

superminnie

Mouseketeer
I had never tried priceline before last night and I was looking for a rental car for two weeks in Florida next month but the cheapest I could find was more than $600 before taxes and fees for the 14 days I needed it. So I decided to try priceline last night just to see and I put in a bid of $15 a day for a midsize car and it was accepted! I am only paying $335 taxes and all for the whole two weeks :banana:

I love priceline too! We went to see Jimmy Buffett this past weekend and I got our hotel for $37 a night! And it was a Hyatt and very nice. I also pricelined a nice resort for our post-cruise stay in San Juan on cheap as well. It just takes so research and flexibility when dealing with hotel rooms--fortunately there is only two of us.

Is there a way to find out if the car rental is at the airport or not? We are going to the World in June and prefer to pick up the car at the airport. Right now I do have a rental, but if I can get a better price, that would be great!

when I used it, I specified where to pick up the vehicle.
It was a great deal!

Wow, great rental car rate OP! We love Priceline too. We've used it for hotels on the way down and home (when we drive to WDW) and we've also used it for car rentals when we fly in and have always gotten great prices.

Is there a way to find out if the car rental is at the airport or not? We are going to the World in June and prefer to pick up the car at the airport. Right now I do have a rental, but if I can get a better price, that would be great!

Unless it's changed recently, you can specify MCO but there's a chance that you'll get a rental car company that's not in the airport and that you have to take a shuttle to.

I use Big Crumbs and then use priceline. Not only do I get a good deal on airfare and hotels but Big Crumbs gives me a percentage back too. Best of all I get money back through other sites I use (Ebay, Gap, Old Navy, The Children's Place, ETc....) If you buy online a lot check into it.

I use Ebates and Priceline! I saved over $500 on a car rental from the rack rate prices and even beat all of the discount codes I found online by almost $100!

I was able to get my rental at the airport because I said that's where I wanted to pick it up. They only use five major carriers which most likely have airport presence.

I was able to get my rental at the airport because I said that's where I wanted to pick it up. They only use five major carriers which most likely have airport presence.

At MCO they also use Hertz which is offsite. We know that going in and take a chance that we'll have to take a shuttle to the location. The savings is worth it to us, but others may not think so.

I love them too, I scored some airfare to the UK for almost nothing, it was too good to be true
smileul9.gif

betterbidding.com helped me to understand Priceline - and they post winning bids - so that helped me understand how to bid also!

Someone posted for hotels if you go to hotels.com and put in your date, city you can get a feel for hotels, prices before going thru Priceline (and still bid much lower!!)

I pricelined airport hotels for our upcoming trip and was able to get rooms that run for $200 a night for just $55.:cool1:

Loving Priceline right now.

I always use priceline..always get national which is on site.

No guarantees however, after many rentals (30 or so), always National.

at mco there is only one car company they use that is off airport. Just used them a couple of weeks ago for upcoming trip and got Avis...onsite.

When I reserved I got Hertz,which I think is onsite...... but I don't mind having to take a shuttle if I am getting two weeks for the price of one :cool1:

I love priceline and Hotwire. I love Hotwire because you can add the kids for hotel rooms. Priceline only guarantees room for 2.

I second the use of betterbidding.com .

When I reserved I got Hertz,which I think is onsite...... but I don't mind having to take a shuttle if I am getting two weeks for the price of one :cool1:

Hertz is offsite, but I understand it only takes a few minutes to get there. I have always used either National or Dollar which are both at the terminal, but if I can get the better prices from priceline it will be worth taking a bus to Hertz!

I book all my hotel stays through priceline except for my Disney trips. I also 2nd betterbidding.

Same here!! I used Priceline for the very first time last week and the savings convinced me to try it more often in the future! I booked the car rental for our end of June WDW trip. It's with Hertz as well. We got a full size at $154 all in for the week! The cheapest I could find before that was $225 with Alamo using Costco code and coupon. That's a 32% saving! :banana:

I have never done priceline before and have a question for the pros...

We need to book a minivan for a trip to Kalispell, MT(Glacier National Airport - FCA) for the 1st 2 weeks in July. We go out to work at a camp for children/adults with disabilities. I was wondering if we can specify an airport pick up and that it needs to be a minivan.....

Any tips!!!

THanks, Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter