I'M JUST SHOWBOATIN' AROUND THE WORLD! & getting pooped on. Jan 13 TR! NEW TR POSTED!

OMG that stroller on the monorail would have made me SOOOO mad!!! I feel the same way you do, I LOVE Disney, but the people there are so rude and it's just getting worse and worse with every trip. :mad:

Love your Spaceship Earth pictures! Haha Brandon and I can never take nice pictures on there either! It's not fun taking normal pictures! :rotfl:

Aww, Rapunzel! It sounds like she was so much fun to meet! I love her, I need to meet her on my next trip!

I feel like Cosmic Rays is always a madhouse even if it's not that crowded. I call it the Mcdonald's phenomenon. People walk in and forget how to behave in a proper fashion.

Chicken nuggets really really do make the world better. Wholeheartedly agreed.

AH the lights on in Space Mountain is something I'd DIE to see. That's cool.

I like the concept of the Contemporary, but I agree it's not at the top of my Disney resort list! Although watching Wishes from my hotel room? I could live with that.:rotfl2:

Ugh the stroller taking it's own seat would make me so mad. And it would make me more mad that here in NYC, I'd say something about it so fast but in Disney, I wouldn't want to be THAT PERSON causing a probably so I'd probably just be mad about it silently.

Side Note: I just read the comment about Matt looking like Seth Rogen and then looked at the picture of him in front of Spaceship Earth and he totally does!!:rotfl:

P.S. I'm 1400000% jealous that you met Jack Skellington in Disneyland.

I'm glad you were able to have a good chat with Rapunzel. I sometimes feel awkward with the face characters too especially when they seem awkward with adults but I'm always glad when it's a fun interaction!

Bruce and Amy are awesome. The fact that they not only greeted you by planking on the floor but stayed that way for a bit after you started cracking up shows that they are professionals.

YAYAYAY CRYSTAL PALACE. I just went there last month *sigh* and the food was even better than I remembered. Omg, the chocolate croissants and puffed french toast were lighter than air! All those carbs can weigh you down sometimes but NOT THESE! Disney magic.

Omg, I'm so jealous you saw Hot Gaston. I met Pretty Cute Gaston. It was fun but you know.

Your picture with the White Rabbit is beyond precious!!!

That sign that has the instructions of the game in the mermaid queue is supposed to be signed by Ariel! Hmm, I wonder why the one you took a picture of doesn't have her signature at the bottom?

OOOH your pic of Ursula IS FANTASTIC!! Well done! :thumbsup2

The Tangled area is just so beautiful and nice to relax in. I absolutely love it. You can charge your phone there too! So it's magical AND functional, WOO!

I agree with you on the Nutella Waffle Sandwich, so simple yet SO PERFECT. I ate my very first one during the all nighter. It was like 5am LOL. Hey, I needed breakfast.

I LOVE YOUR HM PHOTOS!!! OH MY GOD. AMAZING. I never mind getting stuck on it either! The more time I'm there, the better!

When I first went to the Contemporary I was pretty disappointed because when I walked in I didn't immediately think "WOW." the way I did with most Disney resorts. It's a little plain on the inside, but it has definitely grown on me! I agree, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I still love it.

Omg that is an AWESOME starfish picture!! They are so cool.

hahaha I love your France photos! That Mickey & Minnie cartoon on the kissing one is so adorable. :lovestruc

Ooh, you spotted a wild Rapunzel! JEALOUS. For some reason they throw the new princess friends over there to train. Sometimes Eugene is with her too and I was SO PRAYING for that to happen while I was there, but alas. You're lucky you got to see her though! AND OH MY GOD YOU MET JACK SKELLINGTON IN DISNEYLAND I CAN NOT EVEN I WANT TO MEET HIM SOOOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD ENDLESS CREEEYYYYS. I will never get over the fact that they don't do this in WDW, especially at MNSSHP. What gives, Disney? I NEED MY JACK.

Hi Dani, I just finished reading all of your previous TRs & watched your video. Love, Love, Love them all. Thanks so much for sharing. You rank right up there with the Frumps in my book! You all have an optimism that make your posts so very enjoyable.

My favorite line: "TAKE ME WITH YOU! I mean, it's a cute song and all, but they just won't stop!"

:rotfl2:

You can't possibly be more awkward than me when meeting characters. I basically snap a photo and move on. :upsidedow

Hahahaha, he's so hilarious! And yeah, I've just thought of things to ask characters when I meet them and it's made for some really fun interactions!

So....my mom is terrified of seahorses. She thinks they're freaks of nature. I'm sort of ambivalent about them...they don't freak me out, but I'm not their biggest fan. Of course, after my trip to the local aquarium this weekend, it's been decided that really, I'm not a huge fan of anything in the ocean, which is why I choose to only wade to my knees. But then again, I think I can also attribute that to the time I was at the beach with my dad, and literally EVERYONE around us got stung by jellyfish. I made a hasty retreat.

I LOVE tidepools though. And your picture is AMAZING. Seriously, it looks like it could have come straight from Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

I'm with you on face characters. I always feel awkward, so I usually end up saying hi, then snapping a pic, thanking them, and walking away. I do interact with Pluto though, because, well, it's Pluto and he's amazing. And generally saying "you're my favorite character" gets a good response.

I can't wait to hear about you being mistaken for a CM!! Sounds hilarious.

Hahahaha, I think sea horses are kind of fascinating! Just how they move around and their crazy shape!

Jellyfish are no good, they kind of scare me... though I was a jellyfish one Halloween in 3rd grade; I won a prize for it in school, too, hahaha.

Tidepools are so cool!! The ones we saw in Oregon was super neat and I was glad we caught them while the tide as out!

Yeah, I've started thinking of things I could say to different characters... Some of my favorite interactions though are when the characters just point out fun things. Like last year when I met Pluto, he saw my anniversary pin and reenacted Matt's proposal to me. It was ADORABLE.

Hahaha, it was kind of funny.. and random... but also nice!

Awesome update! :)

Thanks! :)

I LOVE when "adults" get excited to meet Disney characters! LY my brother went with us to WDW mostly to appease his wife & my kids, but the Disney magic kicked in at breakfast at Tusker House. One of my favorite pictures is of him grinning ear to ear, posing with Goofy. You have that same joyful, childlike smile in your picture with Rapunzel...just beautiful!

Haha, that would be me! :rotfl: I totally forget they are people underneath and it IS the character when I meet them! I love it. I swear it can turn adults right into kids again, and that's why I love Disney so much! Thank you, Rapunzel was fabulous to meet with! :goodvibes

Hi Dani - I found your DL trip report about a month ago as I was preparing myself for "Disneyland in a Day" trip and although a lot of it was in the rain, it helped me so much! I enjoyed your report so much, that I've moved onto your WDW report (my home away from home). Your photos are AWESOME! Now, that I'm all caught up with this one and now I'm moving on to your older ones while I patiently wait for more updates! Thanks for keeping them coming :)

:wave2: That is awesome that you found my DL TR and I'm glad it helped you out with your DL in a Day trip!! I hope you had an amazing trip! And I'm so happy you decided to move onto this TR, too! :) I hope you enjoy my last WDW TR, and I hope I continue to make you happy with future DL and WDW TRs, too!

That stroller thing would have irritated me so much! I don't like to be confrontational (especially on vacation) unless it is really warranted...but I might have had to say something on that one. The thing that bothers me the most is that these people are setting an example for their kids that this is acceptable behavior, which means that new generations of jerks are being perpetuated every day!

I share your love for the IG. We stayed at Yacht Club when I was growing up and I thought getting to go in the "secret entrance" to Epcot (which has always been my favorite park) was pretty much the best thing ever as I assumed we were one of a very few people "allowed" that way.

Sometimes DH and I will park at Boardwalk for dinner then walk over to Epcot just to go through the IG.

Looking forward to your story about dealing w/ farters!

Haha I was SO close to saying something but I just didn't want to be that guy on the monorail, making it a REALLY uncomfortable ride over to Epcot! It was just frustrating but you see that a lot in Disney, and I guess at this point I just let it roll off my shoulders. But yeah, it was lame.

The IG is awesome! I love how quiet it is over in that area and there's never a line to get into the park! It does feel very exclusive, haha.

OMG the farters, it was just unnecessary!

My, doesn't that stroller look comfy?

Dani, taking joy in the little things is what it's all about. Good on you! :goodvibes

Haha, so based on “Spaceship Earth Presented By Siemens”, you will now be "Dan" and "Matt-ilda".

I have to say that I get completely enamoured by seahorses. So weird but yet wonderful.

Yeah, it just got a nice rest all the way from MK to Epcot! Psh.

I always like taking moments in Disney to let it all sink in. I feel like if you don't do that you'll just take it for granted!

HAHAHA Dan and Mattilda is kind of perfect, I laughed out loud at that. :rotfl:

Seahorses are weird but awesome! :thumbsup2

Hey, strollers must get tired too carrying that 9 yr old all around WDW :rotfl2:

I love meeting face characters but I'm socially awkward so I always leave feeling like a fool. Plus, I feel weird when I put my arm around them to get in the picture :lmao:

Hahaha evidently they need their rest, guess I missed the memo on that! ;)

I know what you mean, but if you get a good one who asks you questions, it makes it way easier to talk to them! I always try to think of a question or something to say to them before I get up there so I don't look like a total dork, hahaha.

Hi there! :wave2: I do an *embarrassing* amount of stalking around here, but this is the first time I've ever posted! Just had to tell you that I'm absolutely loving your TR -- SO FUN! :) Reading it has definitely helped curb some of my sad-I'm-not-at-the-World spring/summer angst.

:wave2: Hello! I'm honored that you decided to pop out of lurkdom/stalkerdom (haha I say that in a nice way, not serious of course!) to leave such a nice comment! I'm so glad you've enjoyed reading my TR and that it's helped with the Disney sadness. I find that TRs help me deal with not-in-Disney-depression! Hopefully I'll see you comment more now that you've popped by! :goodvibes

I've been catching up with your past TR's and have decided that we're twinsies that live on opposite coasts! Anybody who's as big an Adventure Time/Disney nerd as I am is clearly super rad and worth knowing. :thumbsup2

I skip character meet and greets because I never know what to say to them! I know that the face characters are trained with probably a bunch of stock conversation starters, but I get way too nervous about things like that. I'm an introvert even in these unrealistic situations! I do, however, love reading about them and seeing what the good ones say!

Haha, just think of something pertaining to their character to ask about! Like I asked Rapunzel about Eugene, and Pascal, and then she asked me about the frying pan thing, and I told her how much I basically just adore her, then we took a photo and I peaced out! :rotfl: It helps when they are super good about asking you questions, as well.

As card carrying member of the Stroller Brigade, I do apologize for the lack of consideration from some of the other members of this organization. :sad2: I try very hard to be conscious of my surroundings when DS is in his stroller, but unfortunately not everyone does. And really, you only need the tiniest drop of common sense to realize how rude it is to take up spots with your (EMPTY!!!) stroller on the monorail when other people are left standing!

Anyway, I love your PP photos from the bridge and your random encounter with Rapunzel! princess: I used to be terrified of meeting face characters too because of my awkwardness in conversation (and that was only reinforced the first time I met one...Snow White! :scared1:), but having a kid makes a great buffer. :thumbsup2 :lmao: They mostly talk to DS and I just have to answer for him when he is pretending to be shy. I'm hoping now that he is a little more verbal, he will actually talk to the face characters when he meets them, but we shall see.

Hahaha it's okay! I know not all people are terrible stroller holders. And I know we'll be part of the Stroller Brigade one day... that being said, man, just think about what you're doing for 2 seconds! COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!

Thank you! It was a great meet and I enjoyed chatting with her. It made me really want to meet more princesses in the future... mainly Merida.. because I think she would be awesome to meet! But when we have kids, we are meeting them all! The kid is such a good buffer, hahaha.

I have only come into Epcot once through the IG, and I have to say, the main entrance is pretty majestic! Nice SSE pics, and faces hahaha. I love the pp spot on the bridge there, so pretty!!

Ah, Rapunzel!!! How awesome!! You know, sometimes the ones that are training are just better!! I met Ariel in Mk in Nov and she was just plain bad, saw her the next day training in Epcot and she was amazing!! Maybe it's the whole "new to it" thing?

I love the IG entrance because there is never a line and it's always so nice over there! It's my favorite to walk through there when the parks opens because there is NO ONE over in that area. It is glorious!

That being said, the main entrances are awesome to go through, too.

Rapunzel is awesome to meet, especially without a line at all! I really enjoyed chatting with her, and she was a fantastic Rapunzel! Maybe it is the whole being new thing!

I'm caught up, YAY! Okay, for some reason even though his twitter name is radiant BANJOIST I didn't even think about the fact that Matt plays. I'm really smart sometimes. But that's so cool! My dad plays too and I grew up listening to bluegrass and such. I love it.

Currently crying over the loss of my cupcake.

(And it is not the same cupcake at Starring Rolls. Trust that. ;))

WHAT IS IT with people and strollers that think they run the freaking world? I can't even tell you how many times this past week I had to literally jump out of the way so I wouldn't get run over. SO annoying.

YAY Rapunzel! She sounds awesome!

YAY! I'm so glad you've caught up and that you could read my New Fantasyland updates!

Hahaha yes, his twitter name does make sense for that reason! The radiant part is a joke kind of... but he is radiant! I love the banjo/blue grass music though, so with you on that!

Don't lose faith, I think it might come back at some point, and maybe I'll get to finally try it in September!!

It's very different, hahaha, we had discussed that! ;)

I do not know, but the stroller thing drives me nuts. We had issues in Disneyland, too. That one lady was just plowing people over with her double stroller and didn't give a crap! The world does not revolve around you and your stroller; watch where you're going people!

Rapunzel was wonderful!

what the freakin what is going on with that stroller?!? we use one now that we have kids and the first thing we do with it on the bus or where ever is fold that sucker up and keep it out of the way! that is crazy business right there!!

I love your seahorse picture! so cute--they just fascinate me!

I forgot to tell you that I also watched your video--it is a-mmmaaa-zing, the music is perfect and I love it!! you did an awesome job on it.

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who thinks Matt looks like Seth Rogen! I have a friend who's husband reminds me of Jack Black and I was starting to think I was going nuts thinking everybody's husband was famous!! :rotfl: tell him way to go on the weight loss! I lost about 100 pounds several years ago training for a half marathon. when I was done, I was so burned out on the gym, I quit going, gained some back, got married, had a couple kids and ended up weighing more then when I started. now i'm losing again finally and am up to about 64 pounds lost, so I understand what an accomplishment that it is--good for him!!

the end of your last update really intrigued me--can't wait to read the next one!

I don't know, people are insane, I swear! Just fold it up and we're good, haha.

Thanks, they really are super fascinating!!

OH YAY! I'm so happy you watched our trip video! Thank you for the wonderful compliments; it all makes it worth the crazy amount of time it took me to put that thing together, hahaha.

HAHAHA funny story: He was in the elevator at work today and a lady kept staring at him, and she FINALLY asks Matt if he's ever been told he looks like Seth Rogen! :rotfl: I was cracking up! It's totally the glasses plus the weight loss!

I am back on track with my weight loss, as well! I had lost 60 with him, then I got lazy and gained some of it back. But the good news is, with doing what I'm doing now, I've already lost 10 pounds this first week! :) It feels good to be back to losing weight and feeling positive about myself. But that's amazing that you're up to 64 pounds lost! Seriously, I'm hoping I can keep it up on my end, too!

New update is coming soon, hoping for later this evening!

OMG that stroller on the monorail would have made me SOOOO mad!!! I feel the same way you do, I LOVE Disney, but the people there are so rude and it's just getting worse and worse with every trip. :mad:

Love your Spaceship Earth pictures! Haha Brandon and I can never take nice pictures on there either! It's not fun taking normal pictures! :rotfl:

Aww, Rapunzel! It sounds like she was so much fun to meet! I love her, I need to meet her on my next trip!

I was mad! But I just couldn't say anything. I didn't want to get in a snappy argument and have an awkward monorail ride to Epcot, so we just dealt with it. But yeah, rude.

Hahahaha, it's impossible to just smile on Spaceship Earth. I enjoye horrifying people with our faces after we got off and they pop up on the screens.

Rapunzel was awesome, you should totally meet her during your next trip!.. whiiiiich you should do in September, just sayin'!

I feel like Cosmic Rays is always a madhouse even if it's not that crowded. I call it the Mcdonald's phenomenon. People walk in and forget how to behave in a proper fashion.

Chicken nuggets really really do make the world better. Wholeheartedly agreed.

AH the lights on in Space Mountain is something I'd DIE to see. That's cool.

I like the concept of the Contemporary, but I agree it's not at the top of my Disney resort list! Although watching Wishes from my hotel room? I could live with that.:rotfl2:

Ugh the stroller taking it's own seat would make me so mad. And it would make me more mad that here in NYC, I'd say something about it so fast but in Disney, I wouldn't want to be THAT PERSON causing a probably so I'd probably just be mad about it silently.

Side Note: I just read the comment about Matt looking like Seth Rogen and then looked at the picture of him in front of Spaceship Earth and he totally does!!:rotfl:

P.S. I'm 1400000% jealous that you met Jack Skellington in Disneyland.

I'm glad you were able to have a good chat with Rapunzel. I sometimes feel awkward with the face characters too especially when they seem awkward with adults but I'm always glad when it's a fun interaction!

Cosmic Ray's is bonkers. It's nuts. But chicken nuggets saved the day, because they were delicious!

It was REALLY neat, but also kind of scary to see! Made me nervous for our next trip on Space Mountain!

Yeah, the Contemporary is cool, but not my fav. It does have that view though!

Yeah that's exactly why I couldn't say anything, I was in Disney and I just let it go. But come on lady, have some common sense for 2 seconds.

Hahahha, so many people are telling him he looks like Seth Rogen! It's kind of hilarious.

Oh man, Jack was AWESOME to meet! Even Matt thought it was a great meet and greet. He was just such a good Jack!

Yeah she didn't make it awkward which was MUCH appreciated! We just chatted about life and Eugene, no big deal, hahaha.

Bruce and Amy are awesome. The fact that they not only greeted you by planking on the floor but stayed that way for a bit after you started cracking up shows that they are professionals.

YAYAYAY CRYSTAL PALACE. I just went there last month *sigh* and the food was even better than I remembered. Omg, the chocolate croissants and puffed french toast were lighter than air! All those carbs can weigh you down sometimes but NOT THESE! Disney magic.

Omg, I'm so jealous you saw Hot Gaston. I met Pretty Cute Gaston. It was fun but you know.

Your picture with the White Rabbit is beyond precious!!!

That sign that has the instructions of the game in the mermaid queue is supposed to be signed by Ariel! Hmm, I wonder why the one you took a picture of doesn't have her signature at the bottom?

OOOH your pic of Ursula IS FANTASTIC!! Well done! :thumbsup2

The Tangled area is just so beautiful and nice to relax in. I absolutely love it. You can charge your phone there too! So it's magical AND functional, WOO!

I agree with you on the Nutella Waffle Sandwich, so simple yet SO PERFECT. I ate my very first one during the all nighter. It was like 5am LOL. Hey, I needed breakfast.

I LOVE YOUR HM PHOTOS!!! OH MY GOD. AMAZING. I never mind getting stuck on it either! The more time I'm there, the better!

When I first went to the Contemporary I was pretty disappointed because when I walked in I didn't immediately think "WOW." the way I did with most Disney resorts. It's a little plain on the inside, but it has definitely grown on me! I agree, it wouldn't be my first choice, but I still love it.

Omg that is an AWESOME starfish picture!! They are so cool.

hahaha I love your France photos! That Mickey & Minnie cartoon on the kissing one is so adorable. :lovestruc

Ooh, you spotted a wild Rapunzel! JEALOUS. For some reason they throw the new princess friends over there to train. Sometimes Eugene is with her too and I was SO PRAYING for that to happen while I was there, but alas. You're lucky you got to see her though! AND OH MY GOD YOU MET JACK SKELLINGTON IN DISNEYLAND I CAN NOT EVEN I WANT TO MEET HIM SOOOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD ENDLESS CREEEYYYYS. I will never get over the fact that they don't do this in WDW, especially at MNSSHP. What gives, Disney? I NEED MY JACK.

AHHH LIA! So glad you're back (well I mean, to the DIS since you were on your awesome vacation which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed reading about on twitter!)...

Bruce and Amy were awesome for their dedication. It was kind of hysterical and amazing.

OMG I can't wait to eat there again! We can't NOT eat there every trip. We both love the food and the characters are so adorable. Plus getting in the park early is super awesome, too!

Hot Gaston was only there for filming, but he looked delightful. The Cute Gaston MAY have been the one that was on America's Funniest Videos? Possibly? I'll have to find out in your TR!

Aw thanks, I love that photo, too!

WEIRD! I wonder if they added it in later?! So weird!

Thanks, I was so excited about that shot! Most others just came out blurry.

I CANNOT WAIT TO BE IN THE THE TANGLED AREA. Seriously, I'm so excited I can't even deal.

Psh, Nutella Waffles are the perfect breakfast. So good and perfect for a long 24-hour day!

AHH thanks! I love getting stuck on there, because I always find something new that I didn't notice before!!

Hahaha thanks, I really love that spot for PP photos!

OH MAN, I would have died if Eugene was with her! That would have just been too much to handle! But she was still wonderful to meet with!

AHHH YEAH! We met him over by the Haunted Mansion because of the Haunted Mansion Holiday NBC layover they do. They had him out with Sally! Well, she wasn't out when we met him, but he was SO much fun to talk to. Her walked and talked just like Jack, it was perfect. Disney World needs more of Jack Skellington in the parks!

Hi Dani, I just finished reading all of your previous TRs & watched your video. Love, Love, Love them all. Thanks so much for sharing. You rank right up there with the Frumps in my book! You all have an optimism that make your posts so very enjoyable.

Aww yay! I'm so happy you loved everything, including our video!! That is such a wonderful compliment, as I know the Frumps are royalty around this part of town, hahaha. But thank you so much! I hope I continue to keep you guys happy with future TRs, too! :goodvibes

I've been catching up with your past TR's and have decided that we're twinsies that live on opposite coasts! Anybody who's as big an Adventure Time/Disney nerd as I am is clearly super rad and worth knowing. :thumbsup2

Ahh heck yeah!! We both love Adventure Time, it's the funniest show! I don't know if you saw our costumes from last Halloween but we totally rocked 'em at work... even though most people had no idea who we were, hahaha. :thumbsup2

Ahh heck yeah!! We both love Adventure Time, it's the funniest show! I don't know if you saw our costumes from last Halloween but we totally rocked 'em at work... even though most people had no idea who we were, hahaha. :thumbsup2

I saw them and DIED! :laughing: The creeper pic of Jake's eyes peeking above your cube is the best! You two are seriously the cutest couple. I'm thinking of going as Fionna this year but I don't think my boyfriend would volunteer to go as Cake! I was Alice last year, but neither of my cats volunteered to be dyed pink and purple. :)

Chapter Thirty-Seven: They totally just pulled a Toot and Scoot!
Day 6: January 22nd, 2013

Matt and I were in need of a little break on our own, so we got back to the room and kicked back for a while.

Of course, I put Stacey on, did some tweeting, and enjoyed putting my feet up for a bit. It was kind of the perfect afternoon!

I know some people don't do breaks but I feel like if you're there for 10 days, breaks are kind of necessary. Otherwise you end up burning yourself out or end up getting sick, and no one wants to be sick in Disney!

We headed out from our room at around 6ish... we had plans to head to Downtown Disney! Bruce and Amy were having dinner at Biergarten this night, so it was just Matt and me on our own!

file_zps580e69a4.jpg

file_zps3c9224ec.jpg

file_zpsf026ff48.jpg

We had to wait for a bus to show up for a bit, but finally it did and we were on our way!

The ONE thing I wish they would change is the bus system doing 5 stops at different Epcot resorts when going to/from DTD. I don't understand why Disney does this, but it puts a damper on getting to DTD. I LOVE not having a car in Disney World, and the bus system is usually great, but this is the one time where I wish we just had a car to get there.

Anyway, we arrived and beelined it for Earl of Sandwich! We were both starving and had to get our Earl of Sandwich fix.

Fortunately, the line wasn't long at all and we were able to find a table to eat at really easily.

Matt decided to get the Original, while I went with the Earl's Club.

file_zps82385219.jpg

file_zps3d6fb594.jpg

GOOD GOD I don't know how they do it, but Earl of Sandwich is just SO good every time we get it! It always hits the spot and is the perfect amount of food.

We both got desserts and put them away for later, because we had a different kind of dessert in mind for that evening....

After leaving Earl of Sandwich, we headed over to World of Disney because Matt was having issues with his watch. It was SLIGHTLY too small on his wrist, so he needed to have a link put in. We were both hoping that they would be able to help him out in the Watch area at World of Disney, otherwise he was going to have to return it, and he was super sad about it.

Fortunately, they had an extra link for his watch and were able to put it in for him!!

While we waited, I looked around and was trying to find a ring that I'd seen in Disneyland, but I couldn't find it in my size, so we headed out of World of Disney after Matt's watch was taken care of, deciding we'd come back in a bit.

I was SUPER excited to get to D-Street to pick up some new Vinylmation, including the new WDW Annual Pass-exclusive Mickey Balloon one. I'd gotten my Disneyland one, and needed the WDW one, since this was my first year of being an AP holder at both parks!

D-Street ended up being EXTREMELY disappointing. The CMs were completely clueless with every question I asked them, and they also no longer had any of the WDW AP balloons in stock. :( It was seriously a total bummer, and I actually left the store with NOTHING.

If you know my obsession with Vinylmation, you'll know that this is kind of unheard of for me. It was pretty disappointing, so we left to head back for some ICE CREAM!

We LOVE Ghirardelli. LOVE. It doesn't matter if we're in Disneyland or Disney World, we are thoroughly enjoying that ice cream! YUM!

We ordered our ice cream, and I remembered that we get a discount for having APs, woohoo! I have trained myself to remember to ask everywhere we go... now if only that worked in real life. ;)

Anyway, it was chilly out, so finding a table wasn't too difficult. Our ice cream was brought out to us and unfortunately, it was dark out so my photos aren't great (I only had my iPhone with me)...

Matt went with the Golden Nugget, which I think it had peanut butter in it.

file_zpsc2552296.jpg

I went with what I go with EVERY time, the Cooke Bottom Sundae!

file_zps1d29309c.jpg

We enjoyed as much of our sundaes as we could, and enjoyed a nice laidback evening in Downtown Disney!

After we finished, World of Disney was still calling our names. We clearly had some shopping to do!

file_zpsdfc1c0ab.jpg

I went back to the rings again and decided to try one on a size down from what I usually wear. It was a little tight, but that was in part due to the fact that there was some plastic tie attached to it. So I decided to just buy it and hope that it would end up fitting perfectly... and it did!

file_zps23a31cf5.jpg

I love this ring so much, I wear it every day! I like that it's definitely Disney, but not IN YOUR FACE Disney either. I'd had my eye on it since I first saw it in Disneyland, so I was happy to have found it!

Matt decided to pick up a mug for himself, but for some reason I never got a photo of it! Wompwomp. It was an old school Donald one, and it was totally perfect for him.

While we were in there, Bruce and Amy showed up! They told us about how much they loved Biergarten and had a blast, which was great to hear. Amy had even posted a cute photo of them enjoying some beer on instagram.

To3yIU4.png

Matt and I decided to look around for hoodies, and I suddenly heard Matt say, "Dani, you HAVE to try this on."

I put on this adorable Mickey hoodie and Matt insisted that I buy it.

file_zps5c7f3076.jpg

It is kiiind of my favorite. I mean, it's got EARS! I still wear it all the time, because clearly it's that cool of a hoodie, haha.

I also decided to pick up a couple Star Wars Vinylmation that they had on display. They were on sale, which was nice.

file_zpsed2a8add.jpg

Last little fun thing we bought were a couple of new frames! We thought it'd be perfect to display all of our Disney photos we took during the trip on our mantle. I'm a big fan of how they look now at home.

krSNO7S.jpg

After we paid for our stuff, we decided to go check out Once Upon a Toy, then headed over to the Christmas Shop!

We, like many other people, have the tradition of buying a Disney-related ornament every Disney trip we take. It's then really exciting to pull it out and put it up on the tree many months later and always brings up discussions of what trip it came from.

Anyway, we were all just kind of looking around the store, when we noticed a few men nearby talking up near the register to one another.

We looked around and finally both decide on an adorable Stitch ornament... WHICH I failed to take a photo of. I don't know HOW, but I did, and I'm sorry.

However, I am pretty sure it was this one, which I found this photo of on Amazon:

417ni9ITq3L_SL500_AA300__zps78a4e2e1.jpg

Anyway, we finally went to make our way to the register when we smelled the most FOUL smelling farts in the history of mankind. I looked at Matt with a horrified face, and he scrunched up his face, as well.. Someone had ripped a mega hot fart and booked it!

We both started talking about it and the CM at the register heard us, then said, "Ummm, yeah, I didn't fart, it was those two gross guys that were standing nearby."

Now, I know CMs are supposed to be super cheery and whatnot, and this probably wasn't super Disney-like, but the way she said it cracked both Matt and I up. She was just SO upset that those two men had farted in her store, and she went on and on about how disgusting it was, hahahaha.

I couldn't help but laugh because those two men seriously pulled a Toot and Scoot - you fart and then run away in hopes of no one noticing you ripped one in public.

Anyway, we got our ornament all nicely wrapped up then headed out of the store, and must have met Bruce and Amy outside or something.

We couldn't leave DTD without of course hitting up Art of Disney because that store has such awesome stuff. The CMs in that store, though, are kind of terrible. Seriously, and one of them was working who I'd remembered from last year.

But we already knew what we were looking for. While we were looking at prints and stuff, Amy spotted an AWESOME Haunted Mansion print and showed it to Matt, who immediately wanted it. It worked perfect for the other HM print we have at home.

This is a photo of both of them. The one on the left is the one Amy found, the one on the right we bought in 2012.

Screenshot2013-06-07at91851PM_zps935e2d9f.png

Anyway, I started to look on the computer to see if they maybe had a Splash Mountain poster in, which they didn't, but then stumbled across an amazing Oswald poster that Matt and I both decided we really wanted for our house.

Screenshot2013-06-07at92127PM_zps1186b3e0.png

As I was using the computer, a guy next to me was looking on another computer and randomly asked me some questions, and I helped him out a bit. After chatting for a while and giving him advice on what size print to get, etc. he finally was like, "You have been SO helpful! Are you a cast member or something?!"

I told him I wasn't, I just really love Disney and he complimented me on my knowledge and that I "just seemed like a cast member." I take that as a nice compliment, of course! I love helping people when I'm in Disney, anyway, so I was glad he appreciated it so much!

After we finished getting to the ordering screen, Bruce and Amy insisted that they buy both our Oswald poster and the Haunted Mansion print. They said it was just a thank you gift for inviting them to Disney World. That was SUPER nice of them, and we were so happy to have them along for a trip!

After paying for the poster (which would be shipped to our house since they didn't have it in store) and the print, we left Art of Disney and decided to go catch a bus back to the resort.

We ended up getting back at around 10:30, then both headed back to our rooms since we were all pooped!

I soaked my feet in an oh-so lovely Johnson's Foot Soap bath, updated my TR journal, and headed for bed.

We had dreams of heading to Animal Kingdom in the morning, all 4 of us finally, with less crowds and lots of fun... and I FINALLY got to do something I'd been waiting to do for over a year and a half.

YEAH YIPPY WOOHOO MOMENTS!
ronswanson_zpsce1addf8.gif

1. Bruce and Amy planking outside of our door first thing and cracking us up; Amy feeling better!
2. Crystal Palace Breakfast before the park opened!
3. PUFFED FRENCH TOAST RE-ENTERING MY LIFE
4. Running into the White Rabbit and getting a cute photo with him
5. Going on the PeopleMover alone in the morning and enjoying the delightful ride.
6. Going on the Little Mermaid for the first time!
7. 3 words: Nutella. Waffle. Sandwich.
8. Giving away BTMRR FPs to the older couple
9. Seeing Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover
10. Meeting Rapunzel/my first Disney princess meet!
11. Buying a new ring and hoodie/getting a link added to Matt's watch!
12. Getting mistaken for a CM
13. Getting our Oswald poser and Haunted Mansion print

WOMPWOMP MOMENTS!
debbiedowner_zpsfc29ba8f.gif

1. Waking up to back problems/spasms
2. Not getting into the park until 7:50am/not having as much time on Main Street as I'd hoped for
3. Little Mermaid being down first thing in the morning
4. No Peanut Butter Cupcake at the Contempo like we'd hoped.
5. Stroller family thinking their stroller needed its own seat on the monorail
6. The men who decided to toot and scoot at the Christmas Shop

Continued in next post

that oswald poster is AWESOME. Annnnnd, I've been having earl of sandwich cravings all week. Bret LOVES oswald (as you may have figured out by us naming our new cat oswald, haha!) and I know he would love to put that in our house. I can't wait till we can get some more disney artwork up on our new walls! And I have never heard of the term "toot and scoot" before but that is HILARIOUS. I had to share it with Bret because he refers to that kind of farting and walking away as crop dusting, and I knew he would find it hilarious. Ah, farts, still funny in the mid-20s.

We have an Earl of Sandwich in NYC now, but it's pretty far away. I've had it once when my husband picked it up for me before we were married and I was sick at home, but it just wasn't the same because it wasn't fresh, of course. Plus, I think being in Disney makes it so much better in the first place! I guess that's why Disney can so easily sell things like rice krispies treats that can be made at home!

Haha, I have to say that I love that you call them toots because that's what my hubs and I say since we got married! I don't quite know why, but one day we said "toot" and it just stuck. I thought you were talking about farts when I first read your title, but I was like, "Nah, that's not what this is going to be about." Haha!

:rotfl: I must seem like a crazy person to a CM. Everytime I buy something I say, "Do you offer an Annual Pass, Disney Visa, or Florida Resident discount?" And of course we had TiW for a while, so that got thrown in.

My theory is that if you ask and they say no, no harm no foul. But if you don't ask and there is one, you lose out!

Great picture of Bruce and Amy finally both feeling well and enjoying their trip!
I hear you on the bus sharing. It just takes sooo long. That's one thing I love about SSR, the boat ride to Downtown.
Love the sweatshirt! I would so wear that all the time! And that ring is perfect! My parents always give me money for my birthday to use just on myself at Disney and insist I use it just on myself so I am going to look for that ring when we go in.....oh yeah, 1 day!!!!!!!!

Dani, I used to be so against breaks, but I'm starting to come around to them now. On the last trip solo with no one to keep me in check, I was all out, all the time. It catches up eventually. I realized a little break is a good thing.

Ooh I like Matt's JACK-et.

Speaking of Annual Passes... how about that crazy insane price increase!!?? Good lord!

It's good to see Amy and Bruce back on their feet enjoying a little sip of beer. :drinking1

Oh man that "toot and scoot" story had me rolling. I think it's so hysterical that the CM just laid it all out. OMG too funny.

Fun fact. I just re-watched S1-S4 of Parks and Rec on Netflix and totally thought of you during the Ron Swanson dance. :dancer:

Lol about the Toot and Scoot! I have only heard of crop dusting (haha) never the tooth and scoot!

How rude of those people to take up a seat on the monorail. I mean i understand if there were seats for everyone but the moment people got on they should have moved that. I hate rude people who feel like they are better than everyone else!

I love all of your purchases! I will have to check out D street again even if your experience wasn't very good. My shopping list for my upcoming trip includes lots of vinylmations!

:wave2:

I have been lurking for quite a while with your trip report. Which has been Amazing and Hilarious, if I do say so myself. I loved your picture from Dinosaur, but didn't comment. Bruce and Amy planking was hilarious, but not enough to make me comment. But this last update - I had to break out of my lurker status and let you know that I love your hoodie! I need one! Hopefully they will have some in September.

Also, I like the term "toot and scoot" although we call that "crop dusting" 'round these parts :lmao:

Oh my goodness, so many things packed into one update! I can't even remember specifically what I wanted to comment on... so I will just say it sounds like yall got some fun stuff at DTD! I've still never been to Earl's or Ghiradelli's which is LAME! Also, the phrase 'toot and scoot' is hilarious. :lmao:

I love, love, love your trip report. Your new Mickey sweatshirt is sooooo cute, the ears make it especially darling. Your shopping reports always make me yearn for Disney shopping, it's just such a fun part of the trip. :yay:

Oh my gosh, gonna try to remember everything I have to say! Lol

Eos i stil havent done, i just love my wpe too much!

Adorable hoodie!! Too cute! Also, I totes have that ring! Its super awesome & I wear it everyday! My theatre mom definitely mistook it for an engagement ring when she thought it was on my left, yeah...no....its got Mickey on it! Haha

In loooove with the art store, awesome that you got mistaken for a cm!! Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter