I'm in LOVE with Aulani

Questions for you. do they still have the musicians playing outside the Oleo room in the evening? Do they still blow the conch horn in the morning from the lobby area for wake-up?

Yes they do the music is one of the highlights - beautiful music! I'm in agreement with the other poster as I was dead asleep every morning!

I don't know about the wake up call but there was music every evening at the Oleo room during our stay. We had dinner there our arrival night. Ate apps and had drinks during sunset hour.
Questions for you. do they still have the musicians playing outside the Oleo room in the evening? Do they still blow the conch horn in the morning from the lobby area for wake-up?

Sorry, I just can't resist:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oleo is a term for oils. It is commonly used to refer to a variety of things:
  • Colloquial term for Margarine, aka oleomargarine
‘Ōlelo (pronounced oh-leh-low) is Hawaiian for “word,” or “to converse”—and this lounge truly celebrates the Hawaiian language. Here, the décor features wooden carvings of common objects, with labels that convey their Hawaiian names.

We are taking our first trip there in April and can't wait, although it will be a long flight to get there. Question: are the hallway doors metal and magnet-friendly? We like to decorate our doors:duck:

We loved the Spa. It was quite expensive, but I would have loved to have visited more than once. It was my birthday gift - DH and I had a couples massage and DD had a facial. The rainforest garden was gorgeous and the food looked so much nicer than the regular lunch offerings. Loved the experience!

LOL, I don't want to disagree but if you didn't eat at the Makihiki why bother discouraging people from eating there? I guess I think it's unfair to say something's overpriced if you've never actually purchased it and experienced it. For what it's worth, we are DVC owners at Aulani and ate at Makihiki twice on our last visit (once for dinner and once for the Character breakfast) and found it worth every penny. If it's not in your budget, it's not a "must do" but if you can afford to, it's not a bad choice.

LOL, I don't want to disagree but if you didn't eat at the Makihiki why bother discouraging people from eating there? I guess I think it's unfair to say something's overpriced if you've never actually purchased it and experienced it. For what it's worth, we are DVC owners at Aulani and ate at Makihiki twice on our last visit (once for dinner and once for the Character breakfast) and found it worth every penny. If it's not in your budget, it's not a "must do" but if you can afford to, it's not a bad choice.

ok

We loved the Spa. It was quite expensive, but I would have loved to have visited more than once. It was my birthday gift - DH and I had a couples massage and DD had a facial. The rainforest garden was gorgeous and the food looked so much nicer than the regular lunch offerings. Loved the experience!

I know ...I should have done the spa just to say that I did it. I just to me personally don't find any value or need for me in spa services...How was it though it seemed absoueltly stunning in there! What kind of food did they have?? Maybe one day I'll just give in and go!

ok

I know ...I should have done the spa just to say that I did it. I just to me personally don't find any value or need for me in spa services...How was it though it seemed absoueltly stunning in there! What kind of food did they have?? Maybe one day I'll just give in and go!

The Spa was beautiful, inside & out. The outside area had rain showers, hot tubs, cool pools, birds singing, flowers & plants. It was SO peaceful. The food on the menu was lunch type salads etc. - I REALLY wish the offerings were also available poolside - the food at Aulani is so limited! :-(

The Spa was beautiful, inside & out. The outside area had rain showers, hot tubs, cool pools, birds singing, flowers & plants. It was SO peaceful. The food on the menu was lunch type salads etc. - I REALLY wish the offerings were also available poolside - the food at Aulani is so limited! :-(

@SingingMom did you eat at MonkeyPod? I think if I go to Aulani again I will get the Spa...I just don't know what on earth I'd get at the Spa...maybe a massage?

We didn't do the dinner buffet, but the character breakfast was definitely worth it for us. Everyone ate a lot, and the experience was wonderful. Aunty was so engaging and my kids loved the experience. Just a tip though, for a large party remind your spouse that tip is included or your server may get an extra special tip that day. :)

We didn't do the dinner buffet, but the character breakfast was definitely worth it for us. Everyone ate a lot, and the experience was wonderful. Aunty was so engaging and my kids loved the experience. Just a tip though, for a large party remind your spouse that tip is included or your server may get an extra special tip that day. :)

Awesome! I'm so glad you had an awesome breakfast! Again, it's all relative for some it's not worth it, but for others it totally worth it.

I'm sure if I had the kiddos they would be sitting there eating breakfast! I had a similar experience at Ohana for breakfast, and highly enjoyed it. I'm glad you guys did :)

Did the service the Stitch Drink there like in Ohana?

You guys look like you were having a blast. Ah the photos bring back truly the best memories. My family had the best time ever. Your photo of the infinity pool brought back the best moments. Yes photopass is the best and worth it. Cannot wait to return in 2017. We were there in 2014 and it seems like only yesterday. I review all the posts monthly just to take me back there. Can't wait for your trip report. How long were you there?

Just some photos while I'll do my write up - Photopass is amazing, and the photographers are SO AWESOME. Guys the Disney spirit of service, and making you feel like a million dollars exists here. Everyone was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter