I'm in LOVE with Aulani

Yes that's my only other thing as there's nothing really for the teens to do - but hey relaxing and enjoying the awesome slides should be fun :). I hope the pools are open later for you guys as well.

Trust me, I understand the main pools but for the 18+ 10 pm would have been a good time

Right, we will be touring during the day too so that will be a bummer to come "home" and then be bored :worried:. We are planning to relax at the resort our first whole day though. I can't wait for that! :)

Right, we will be touring during the day too so that will be a bummer to come "home" and then be bored :worried:. We are planning to relax at the resort our first whole day though. I can't wait for that! :)

My teens were pretty wiped from all the sun and outdoor activity during the day that we never really had an issue with them being bored in the evening, even my daughter who was 17 on our last trip and is a total night person never had a problem with it. We kind of restricted screen time to the evening so if they were not tired or whatever, that is when they caught up on any social media stuff then but honestly I doubt you will have an issue.

I'm very happy for you that you enjoyed it! We, however, were very disappointed in the hours, the lack of food choices, and the "man made cove". We spent the majority of our visit at the adult pool. While very beautiful and relaxing, I could have done that in my backyard. We preferred Bermuda, hands down.

However, I will say that in all our travels, domestic and international, the Hawaiian people were the sweetest, kindest, most friendly people we have ever met. They truly demonstrate "O'hana"! :tink:

I'm very happy for you that you enjoyed it! We, however, were very disappointed in the hours, the lack of food choices, and the "man made cove". We spent the majority of our visit at the adult pool. While very beautiful and relaxing, I could have done that in my backyard. We preferred Bermuda, hands down.

However, I will say that in all our travels, domestic and international, the Hawaiian people were the sweetest, kindest, most friendly people we have ever met. They truly demonstrate "O'hana"! :tink:

I'm going to cover that too - no worries! I agree with you mostly to an extent, however the resort was beautiful and I tried to participate in many of the activities too which I thought was lacking...again I'm gonna do a good write up sharing my opinions!

Ps I too was also by the adult pool a lot and again loved it outside of being strictly kicked out at 8pm

My only complaignts is everything for adults pretty much closes at 8 pm :/

We've found that everywhere in Hawaii besides Honolulu.

Westin Maui/ & Westin Kaanapali Villas
Grand Hyatt Kauai
Hilton Waikoloa
etc.

We don't get off-schedule easily or get jet-lagged (i.e. Europe doesn't bother us in the least), but we do tend to get up early in Hawaii and go to bed earlier than we do at home. I had an easier time adjusting to India and Tanzania time than Hawaii for some odd reason and I've been to Hawaii multiple times.

Enjoy Aulani, it really is a great place. Disney did an amazing job there and I feel it is a great use of points for DVC members!

Questions for you. do they still have the musicians playing outside the Oleo room in the evening? Do they still blow the conch horn in the morning from the lobby area for wake-up?

Questions for you. do they still have the musicians playing outside the Oleo room in the evening? Do they still blow the conch horn in the morning from the lobby area for wake-up?

I don't know about the wake up call but there was music every evening at the Olelo room during our stay. We had dinner there our arrival night. Ate apps and had drinks during sunset hour.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter