I'm Gonna Find the Magic in These Magic Bands!! - A Nov 13 PTR - Just Back!

That's some tasty looking homemade soup. Looks like mine!

You'll get it all packed, no worries. I've fit a lot more than that in a tiny suitcase before. ;)

It was super easy to make, and I'm glad because I didn't even have my recipe and was just trying to remember what my mom told me to do. :laughing:

The trick with packing is to leave enough room to bring home a DDB or two.... but have it full enough that my stuff doesn't roll around in there. I'm done with it for today!

Oh wow. I'm glad the outcome wound up being a positive one!! Scary stuff. Very sweet of you to make the soup!

If I don't pop back in before you leave, I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip!!!!! pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

It was scary but he's doing so well!

Thank you so much for the well wishes! I'm sure no matter what, it will be a good time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My cab is now booked for my trip; it's early (5:20 a.m.) but I'd rather get to the airport early than miss my flight!

I can check in to my flight in the morning as soon as I get up! I'm on AA, so my seats are already reserved and I get early boarding.

tumblr_mea02n65wx1rnr73q.gif

You can bet that will be happening! I am so glad I went ahead and took tomorrow off; it's crazy to think I won't be back to work for over a week. Ah, bliss!

tumblr_mlmtbuEVfA1qit0xeo1_500.gif

I'm now at around 40 hours until I land in Orlando! I can't believe it's been 14 months since I've been to WDW and now it's coming up the day after tomorrow!

Glad you have the ride to the airport all figured out. Sorry that it's early but at least you won't miss your flight to the happiest place on earth!!! (And hey, you can sleep on the plane right?)

Glad you have the ride to the airport all figured out. Sorry that it's early but at least you won't miss your flight to the happiest place on earth!!! (And hey, you can sleep on the plane right?)

I ALWAYS sleep on the plane. I can't seem to stay awake on them!

When I started to look at going to Disney in 2010, I found **************.net first.

Because of that website (which I scoured, and which also eventually led me to the DIS), my ex and I had a GREAT time with the low crowds they predicted for me.

As the time has gone on, I've also found easywdw and TP, but **************.net was the site that helped me plan that first trip back after a ten year hiatus. And now, I'm about to go on my FIFTH trip since I planned that one after Thanksgiving in 2010!

I just found out about an hour ago they're having their first fan meetup on Wednesday the 13th, at MK! Well what do you know?? That's one of my MK days! So I'm planning now on heading to that meetup, if for no other reason than to thank Dave for the website that got me back to WDW!

OH SOOOOOOO EXCITING!! Have an amazing and safe trip..enjoy that Magic Band, the meet up and your new Disney memories.

(very nice of you to make soup)

2 more sleeps, wow! Have an absolutely fantastic time! Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust for an extra-special trip. Looking forward to photos and your TR when you return!

Thinking of you as you get SO CLOSE to departure!!!! I sincerely hope you have a magical trip!

Just so you know, hearing you talk about your upcoming trip had me yearning for WDW so bad that . . . well, I booked a last minute trip myself! :cheer2: Yep, was coincidentally helping an old college friend plan her family's first WDW trip for Spring 2014, and on a whim we decided to see if we could get kid coverage, DH approval, flights and room ressies. Within 24 hours the stars aligned, and off we go! We arrive Friday night! Not a single plan in place - I'm letting my friend call the shots since she's never been and she's coming from further away. Could only get space at SSR, but our waitlist for a 2 bd came through. While I actually really love the serenity of SSR, I'll be jealous of you over there at BWV!!! Lol! Take a trip down the clown slide for me!

Still can't believe we made it happen. Won't be real until I board that flight. Just wanted to thank you for igniting the spark!!! :thumbsup2

Travel safely!

OH SOOOOOOO EXCITING!! Have an amazing and safe trip..enjoy that Magic Band, the meet up and your new Disney memories.

(very nice of you to make soup)

I'm looking forward to it!! Thank you!

2 more sleeps, wow! Have an absolutely fantastic time! Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust for an extra-special trip. Looking forward to photos and your TR when you return!

One more sleep now! Wow, I'll be getting up in 12 hours to final prep and heading for the airport!

Thinking of you as you get SO CLOSE to departure!!!! I sincerely hope you have a magical trip!

Just so you know, hearing you talk about your upcoming trip had me yearning for WDW so bad that . . . well, I booked a last minute trip myself! :cheer2: Yep, was coincidentally helping an old college friend plan her family's first WDW trip for Spring 2014, and on a whim we decided to see if we could get kid coverage, DH approval, flights and room ressies. Within 24 hours the stars aligned, and off we go! We arrive Friday night! Not a single plan in place - I'm letting my friend call the shots since she's never been and she's coming from further away. Could only get space at SSR, but our waitlist for a 2 bd came through. While I actually really love the serenity of SSR, I'll be jealous of you over there at BWV!!! Lol! Take a trip down the clown slide for me!

Still can't believe we made it happen. Won't be real until I board that flight. Just wanted to thank you for igniting the spark!!! :thumbsup2

Travel safely!

No way, that's FANTASTIC! You're going to be arriving on FRIDAY? Like, THIS Friday?? Wow!

If you end up at Epcot (EMH!!) on Friday night, text me and maybe we can meet for a drink! If not, no big deal, but would (of course) love to meet you. That is too too great that you got a 2-bedroom at SSR; what a great way to spend your friend's inaugural visit!

Otherwise, have an AMAZING last minute trip! How awesome!!

Last minute stuff:

Weather has changed a lot since last week. Now, we will have a night in the 40s! :( I'm very sad about it as I hate hate hate theme parks when it's cold, but it's Disney and I'll have to make due!

Today: Look at what I woke up to after my nap:

Also, putting some Christmas music on my tablet to get in the spirit for Thursday!

For tomorrow (Tuesday): meeting a friend at Epcot after he gets off work! He works at Epcot; we worked together at Six Flags several years ago. I love going to WDW solo, but I love meeting up with people too!

For Wednesday: the **************.net meetup. Hope to arrive and shake the hand of the author of one of my favorite Disney sites.

For Thursday: should be meeting Wendy (teekathepony) at MVMCP! If not, then I'll STILL BE AT MVMCP!

tumblr_inline_ms80uaLL7y1qz4rgp.gif

Also on Thursday, here at home, my friend who's wedding I went to just a few weekends ago offered to come check on the cat. She stopped by today to get my keys and will be stopping by on Thursday to see how he's doing. I'm glad; I hate leaving him alone for long periods of time.

For Friday: No changes.

For Saturday: My ride to the airport fell through, so it looks like I'll be cabbing it from O'Hare home! On the other hand, it looks like my cab TO the airport is no longer needed, as my ex is now able to take me tomorrow!

tumblr_mjnsj4p6yB1rjl16lo2_250.gif

Well, unless I see anyone commenting on this thread, it looks like my trip report is wrapping up! Thank you very much to all who commented here and let me ramble in your direction as I got ready for my trip. I can't believe how quickly and yet how slowly these two months passed.

Now, I'm going to get on the treadmill and get in one last run before my trip!

Girl you have some serious cabby issues!!! :crazy2: Glad you now have a ride TO the airport. Can't believe he is able to drive already!

I saw how cold it's supposed to be there this week and thought immediately of you. Hopefully it will just be that cold tomorrow and Wednesday night and then it will warm back up for the rest of your trip. Here we are supposed to have deep freezes this week. I also hope it passes quickly here too because I hate the super cold weather (although I love a good fire in the fireplace).

I'm sure you are not impressed with your snow in your picture but I would be in heaven!!! It's been 5 years since we've seen any snow here. That's the only part of winter that I like and we never ever get any of it.

Anyways, enough rambling about weather! I hope you have an absolutely pixiedust: time at Disney!! Please do come back and tell us all about it when you return!!

Good thing you got the snow already instead of tomorrow morning when you're flying out! We're supposed to get snow in NYC tomorrow morning, I refuse to believe it until I see it. :p

I'm sure you'll have a terrific time in 80-degree or 40-degree weather, but I hope it does get warmer for you. Safe travels, TTY when you're back!

Girl you have some serious cabby issues!!! :crazy2: Glad you now have a ride TO the airport. Can't believe he is able to drive already!

I saw how cold it's supposed to be there this week and thought immediately of you. Hopefully it will just be that cold tomorrow and Wednesday night and then it will warm back up for the rest of your trip. Here we are supposed to have deep freezes this week. I also hope it passes quickly here too because I hate the super cold weather (although I love a good fire in the fireplace).

I'm sure you are not impressed with your snow in your picture but I would be in heaven!!! It's been 5 years since we've seen any snow here. That's the only part of winter that I like and we never ever get any of it.

Anyways, enough rambling about weather! I hope you have an absolutely pixiedust: time at Disney!! Please do come back and tell us all about it when you return!!

Thanks for the thoughts! He's really not supposed to be driving but he's a man - and therefore will do what he wants, when he wants to. Drives me crazy but it is what it is.

I know that the coldest it gets will be much warmer than Chicago, but meh, I wanted summer temps. However, I knew booking this time of year that it might get chilly. I'm not happy with the weather but I AM happy with Disney! :dance3:

Good thing you got the snow already instead of tomorrow morning when you're flying out! We're supposed to get snow in NYC tomorrow morning, I refuse to believe it until I see it. :p

I'm sure you'll have a terrific time in 80-degree or 40-degree weather, but I hope it does get warmer for you. Safe travels, TTY when you're back!

I think there's supposed to be some snow tomorrow too here. I'm not worried about the plane, I just want this snow to be resolved before Thanksgiving, as I will be traveling by car and that's much tougher! Planes seem to get out almost no matter what.

Thank you for your well wishes!

I'm so ready to go. For the first time in a week, time is finally passing a bit quicker! Although, it's only 8 p.m.??

Eight and a half hours until I get up to go to the airport!

Made it home!

Made it home in one piece!

Made it home and I'm sad I'm home (though I do think 4/5 nights are perfect for a solo trip)!

Made it home and I'm exhausted!

And, I made it home with all 500 of my pictures! I was actually concerned I wouldn't!

I used and loved the Magic Bands!

I had a Dis meetup, a surprise visitor, a four-park-one-day-park-hopping extravaganza, a special viewing of Illuminations that was NOT a FP+, and won a pair of Glow With the Show ears (which I wore a LOT!)!

I ate at BOG TWICE, and rode Soarin for the first time in 2 years - with a little mishap....!

And I did quite a bit of chatting with strangers and saw the sweetest thing I've seen at Disney.

Did I mention my pixie dust wasn't just renting points at BWV, but that I had a one-bedroom villa?

And of course, I'll be starting a TR as soon as I get around 20 hours of sleep - because even though I napped daily, it was gogogogogo when I wasn't sleeping.

See you guys soon!

Hey! Glad to hear you had a great trip and made it home safely. I hope you catch up on your sleep, and I can't wait to read all about it! We journey home tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip!! Can't wait to read all about it. Glad you made it safe and sound... and I'm sure your kitty cat was happy to see you :)

Hey! Glad to hear you had a great trip and made it home safely. I hope you catch up on your sleep, and I can't wait to read all about it! We journey home tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did have a great trip and make it home safely, though the landing on the way home was a little hairy. The captain was fighting bad turbulence all the way to the ground -- and once we landed, we were still whipping back and forth. Eh. :crazy2:

You have a safe trip home too! Yours is an all day affair!

Yay!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip!! Can't wait to read all about it. Glad you made it safe and sound... and I'm sure your kitty cat was happy to see you :)

Yes, the cat has been following me around determinedly ever since I walked in the door. He sang me a song most of last night, and this morning he is continuously coming up and rubbing on me. I'd say he's glad. :)

Welcome back! Your trip sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear details! Get some rest. :)

I definitely plan on a LOT of rest today - as I have a super hectic week this week at work and start seeing my personal trainer again tomorrow. Ugh!

YAY!!! Sounds like you had an amazing trip!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Now go rest!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter