I'm Gonna Find the Magic in These Magic Bands!! - A Nov 13 PTR - Just Back!

I'm not sure why, but Disney sounds are very soothing to me.

While I'm not good in big crowds, something about the diverse music and the hum of the crowd always relaxes me. As such, I listen to a good amount of Disney rides and theme park music when I'm especially stressed out.

That's relaxation!

Therefore, I love the DIS's park bench series. I was super stressed this morning over some work issues and put on the Main Street park bench video; I actually felt myself relax as soon as the music started.

That being said, I decided this trip to take my sensitive digital recorder and record some of the sounds of Disney (especially rides!). I did this while living in Germany (I would stop and record the bands on the street) and really loved listening to it later. It will be in mp3 form, so maybe I'll add some to my trip report! I'd like to sit someplace away from the crowds and capture the ambiance!

I so watch the park bench videos also!! It's so peaceful to "be there" even for just a few minutes. Your trip is coming up so fast!!!

I so watch the park bench videos also!! It's so peaceful to "be there" even for just a few minutes. Your trip is coming up so fast!!!

I just discovered the park bench videos - dangerous, especially when I'm at work! ;) I love them. In fact, I think I'll go watch one now! :)

I'm probably the wrrong person to be chiming in, and I haven't read your whole post, but from my experience these past few months, I say go for it. Make it the most magical vacation you possibly can. Because you never know what life will throw at you. I never thought our trip in Sept. 2012 would be my daughter's last trip to the World. And I am so glad we splurged on things like Tusker House and CRT, and stood in line for photos with Tinkerbell, because she will never have another chance to do those things. Life is unpredictable as we need to make the most of every opportunity. Usually we live to regret the things not done, not the things we did. Hope your trip is wonderful!

UGH I typed up a big reply early this morning and the internet ATE IT. :confused3

Yes, very very fast. Look at that ticker!!

I just discovered the park bench videos - dangerous, especially when I'm at work! ;) I love them. In fact, I think I'll go watch one now! :)

Aw, I love to put them on and put my headphones in and listen while I work. My favorite ride to listen to is POTC and HM, and the Mexico ride comes in third!

I'm probably the wrrong person to be chiming in, and I haven't read your whole post, but from my experience these past few months, I say go for it. Make it the most magical vacation you possibly can. Because you never know what life will throw at you. I never thought our trip in Sept. 2012 would be my daughter's last trip to the World. And I am so glad we splurged on things like Tusker House and CRT, and stood in line for photos with Tinkerbell, because she will never have another chance to do those things. Life is unpredictable as we need to make the most of every opportunity. Usually we live to regret the things not done, not the things we did. Hope your trip is wonderful!

Hi emelee - I'm so sorry to hear that your September trip was the last with your daughter. You're definitely right that the things we don't do are what we tend to regret the most. My freshman year of college I was accepted into the WDW CP program and I didn't go - I still regret that, a lot. It's the reason I went on my study abroad many years later. Thank you for your insight and thank you for your wishes for a wonderful trip.

I have loosened the purse strings a tiny bit - but I still want to keep the most money for next year's trip with my Mom. Right now, I have the money set aside for it already (the timeshare is free; it's a family member's and she's letting us just have it) and am trying to figure out some special treats too! We're doing 7 nights together and then I'll move on property alone for a couple more nights. Can't wait for that one!

FRIDAY ALREADY??

:crazy2:

(I mean the Friday of my trip, not this Friday, which is very welcome. I am getting a REMOTE STARTER put in my car tomorrow; it will be insanely helpful this winter up in the Chi!)

Here's my plan for the day.

Right now, I'm planning to open here:

Yes, I will be at MVMCP until midnight. Yes, I'm a little crazy. Yes, I know that I will be tired. No, I'm still going to do it.

I love opening MK! I love it looking like this:

And this!!:

AND THIS!!!!!:

Then, I will go back to BWV and pass out. Maybe by the pool, with a drink in my hand. Ahhh, bliss.

Then? EMH AT EPCOT!!!

I haven't ridden Soarin' in two years, so I guess it's time to ride again. I wasn't really impressed. I know, I know! :crazy2:

ELEVEN DAYS Y'ALL!

I bought my MVMCP tickets tonight!

I kept thinking I should buy them, but kept putting it off thinking I wanted to get closer to the dates.

"Why?" I finally asked myself. I was getting the AP discount and I might as well buy early! I want to go for certain, and I want my discount, dagnabbit!

I called in, and the entire process was automated! Isn't that weird? There was never an agent, I just talked to a computer and gave all my info! They asked my name, I gave it, and they almost instantly replied with my correct address.

:cheer2:

MVMCP here I come; my tickets are waiting at will call!

Your Friday sounds terrific! I don't think I've ever opened MK, I'll definitely have to do it on my trip next year!

I haven't ridden Soarin' in two years, so I guess it's time to ride again. I wasn't really impressed. I know, I know! :crazy2:

ELEVEN DAYS Y'ALL!

I"m so glad to hear someone else say this! I've only ridden Soarin' once, last November. It was nice, but I didn't think it was amazing. That being said, I'm sure I'll ride the DCA Soarin' in a few weeks, especially since I'll be with a friend who's a pilot and has never been to ANY Disney park EVER! Poor guy. ;)

SOOOOOOO exciting. You are getting super close

Love the idea of recording the amazing sounds...try to get one of your on a ride screaming - what a trip that would be to hear even if no one else ever does.

Your Friday sounds terrific! I don't think I've ever opened MK, I'll definitely have to do it on my trip next year!

I"m so glad to hear someone else say this! I've only ridden Soarin' once, last November. It was nice, but I didn't think it was amazing. That being said, I'm sure I'll ride the DCA Soarin' in a few weeks, especially since I'll be with a friend who's a pilot and has never been to ANY Disney park EVER! Poor guy. ;)

You've got to open MK! I honestly don't think there's a better early morning Park. Something very special about it!

I agree about the ride. It was nice but I'm glad I didn't love it, as that wayi don't have to try and get a fastpass for it! :)

SOOOOOOO exciting. You are getting super close

Love the idea of recording the amazing sounds...try to get one of your on a ride screaming - what a trip that would be to hear even if no one else ever does.

It is so close now. Almost single digits! Wow, it seems like it went so fast.

I'll definitely be recording a lot just for myself.

I love Teekathepony's GIFs, so my SINGLE DIGIT DANCE today will be complete with GIFs!

That being said, tomorrow I'm back to work. This weekend went by too too fast. :( I am usually ok with Mondays, but I am ready to get on with my vacation already. The next three months (Nov, Dec, Jan) are high high PTO months so I'll be getting lots of rest and relaxation. I have a week off next week for Disney, then a day off before both Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, then the two days after New Year's off - and I still have to find 60 hours of PTO to take before the last day of January or I lose it. And that's carrying over 40 to next year already. And did I mention I can't really take days in December due to year end?

tumblr_inline_mp45j56g2C1qz4rgp.gif

Ugh, ain't that the truth.

I woke up this morning to my idiot neighbors doing laundry at 6:30 a.m., and it sounded like they were also flipping over their kitchen table repeatedly.

tumblr_mf50jaB5Aa1ro8qpo.gif

So I dragged my (exhausted) butt out of bed and laid out everything that I'm planning on packing (minus clothes, which will probably take the least time for me).

Anyone else feel like they pack like they're going to battle when you are preparing for Disney? I'm looking over my stockpile and there's everything from energy bars and gum, to copies of my reservations in triplicate, to stomach and headache meds, to small first aid kids. Wow.

tumblr_mdk4notgxn1ro8qpo.gif

As part of my airfare, I get free luggage both ways so I'm not taking a carry on this trip. I am loading that sucker up with anything I even THINK i might need (within luggage weight limits of course).

My flight out leaves early, and my ex was kind enough to say he'd take me since he lives much closer to the airport. That's very good of him to do, since he'll then come home and immediately head downtown to work (he takes the train in). Did I mention it's also his birthday? And just two days ago, my good friend that just got married volunteered to come pick me up on Saturday! I get in late on Saturday, so it was awfully nice of her to give up her whole Saturday night for me. And super generous. She's really a good, good friend.

Anyway, I'm nine days out and feeling fine! Here's to not getting sick and not going crazy at work before my flight leaves a week from Tuesday!

tumblr_m34ehki8MR1ro8qpo.gif

I'm 8 days away from WDW! Really, I have 8 sleeps (the 8th being rudely cut short by the fact I need to be up and at 'em by 5 a.m. to get to O'Hare!) and I'm on my way!

tumblr_mneoafaMOS1ssgeqlo1_500.gif

I'm finally starting the packing process; I just started looking at the weather to see what it's "supposed" to be like, and it looks GREAT to me. Oh boy, I am unable to contain my excitement at laying by the pool. I have both my bathing suits sitting on my tub waiting to be washed.

I also really want to take a run somewhere around here:

EpcotJog.jpg

(map from the amazing BWI/BWV thread here on the dis!)

But I don't know if I should torture my poor feet anymore than they will already be! I think that would be one of my favorite runs ever, however!

Ok, I just wanted to update briefly but work has just suddenly taken a turn for the worse so I have to go. I'll be back, maybe tonight, to do my last day!

Have a great one, everyone!

Man, it's a shame that work has to get in the way of our Disney dreaming! :rotfl:

Whew, people who run at Disney are hardcore runners after all that walking in the parks!! I'm not a runner so I just don't get it. Why oh why would you do that to yourself? :crazy2: I'll bet the views are great while you are running though!

Hope you have a great day!

8 days will fly by! So excited for you. I can't wait to hear how you like the BWVs.

Great jogging map, thanks for sharing! I'm not a runner, but I love to power walk. Those routes would have amazing views!

HAPPY SINGLE DIGIT DANCE -1! hahaha 8 days! Can you believe it??? I can't! It came too fast!
Back to work eh? Me too (at work now actually! Shhh! :blush: ) I'm ready to get to vacation too!

Anyone else feel like they pack like they're going to battle when you are preparing for Disney?

YES! hahaha I have strategies and plans laid out and everything. I think I'm just about ready to go. :thumbsup2
Free luggage? Jealous!
I'm envious of you runners for your determination (and muscle strength! Dratted fibromyalgia ruins so much!) I am about as much a runner as a tortoise -- i.e. only when my life is in danger. Or on really hot pavement in bare feet. :rotfl:

Man, it's a shame that work has to get in the way of our Disney dreaming! :rotfl:

Whew, people who run at Disney are hardcore runners after all that walking in the parks!! I'm not a runner so I just don't get it. Why oh why would you do that to yourself? :crazy2: I'll bet the views are great while you are running though!

Hope you have a great day!

I know, right!!? What is work THINKING??

I would just like to do one route. Maybe down the BW, around crescent lake, and back to BW. That wouldn't be too terrible added in with my walking in the parks. There's a different cadence to running; I think I'd be ok. I just would like to have it to think back on when I'm stuck in Chicago this winter, plodding on my treadmill.

8 days will fly by! So excited for you. I can't wait to hear how you like the BWVs.

Great jogging map, thanks for sharing! I'm not a runner, but I love to power walk. Those routes would have amazing views!

I'm so excited too!!! I agree, I think that the view would be amazing and I want to try and work it out so I can do just one run. I'd have to get up pretty early, but if I already have a nap planned for the day... Maybe on my MVMCP day! I was planning on an afternoon nap to make sure I was prepared to stay until midnight, so a run that morning should be good.

HAPPY SINGLE DIGIT DANCE -1! hahaha 8 days! Can you believe it??? I can't! It came too fast!
Back to work eh? Me too (at work now actually! Shhh! :blush: ) I'm ready to get to vacation too!

YES! hahaha I have strategies and plans laid out and everything. I think I'm just about ready to go. :thumbsup2
Free luggage? Jealous!
I'm envious of you runners for your determination (and muscle strength! Dratted fibromyalgia ruins so much!) I am about as much a runner as a tortoise -- i.e. only when my life is in danger. Or on really hot pavement in bare feet. :rotfl:

It HAS come up so fast! We should set down a very-tentative-maybe-Dis-meet time and see if we can stick to it. I'm not sure how we could be in contact if it fell through, though... If not oh well, we'll be at DISNEY! But if so, it would be great to meet another Dis-er! Especially since I'll be solo!

I am just dying to get on the plane. Hopefully perfectly healthy. I can be sick when I get home. :laughing:

My luggage wasn't exactly FREE - see, I bought a higher fare so that I got the ability to change my schedule for free if I wanted and with that I got free luggage and free priority boarding. I paid for it, just had it lumped in with the fare. I didn't know if I'd keep my trip the same dates I originally booked, so it was worth it to me to pay a bit more and have it changeable. And if an upgrade appears when I log in? I'm taking it!

I love to run, even though I'm slow. I have people make comments about the muscles in my legs when I'm in shorts; you can tell I'm a runner from the legs down. It's above the legs that I'm a bit more ... less fit. :laughing:

Well I guess it's already "that time" in my trip report.

The Last Day (awwww)

My plans are to sleep in, turn in my bags to bell services, and head to HS.

I like to sleep and relax on my last morning as long as possible, since it will be a long day. I don't have to be at the hotel for ME until after 4 p.m., so I have plenty of time to run around and have fun!

I thought of switching this morning to a MK morning, but I will already be there Wed night, Thurs night, and Fri morning, while I'll only be as HS for an afternoon and a morning. I'll get much more done at MK with the hours I'll be there than I can at HS. And of course, I can always switch if I really want to.

I also thought that if I'm "park'd out", then I might go to DTD, but that's a long shot. I won't want to take a gamble on the buses, and I won't want to spend to get a cab!

Then I'll have to go home. :( But at least I'll be home Saturday night and all day Sunday to get ready to come back to work for close week (cue ominous music).

:crazy2:

I am having a crazy time waiting for this trip to get here. I have such a busy couple of months with GOOD things, and this trip is the first one.

Also, in good news, my family member is back home, feeling fine, and still getting the IV antibiotics. They'll be held off of chemo for a few weeks, which is scary, but they're getting the best possible care and I appreciate your prayers very much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!