• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Gonna Find the Magic in These Magic Bands!! - A Nov 13 PTR - Just Back!

Well I'm not a Disney CM but I don't see why they would not stay right where they are. You still have a room that is available for MB and you still have park tickets attached to your MB so you should still be able to have your FP+.

Sometimes I just want to holler at the CM's, "People, it is not rocket science!!!" However, I think it is unfair because I am sure that they are following a script and are told EXACTLY what to say.

I would HOPE it would stay linked. It should just be attached to my MB and tickets, and as long as there's a reservation attached as well... You would THINK it would be ok. I'll keep my eye on it.

I just about passed out seeing my BWV reservation on there instead of Pop. I am so very excited for my trip! Too too far away! UGH.

But then in a month, I'll be home already. That's too soon! :laughing:

Enjoyed your PTR so far. I did a rush trip in September (long backstory) but all went well and I enjoyed the magic bands. I didn't use the FP+ but friends did and said it worked well, and I didn't link the Photopass to the band because we were doing a share, but hopefully they will have most of the kinks out by the time you arriove. I've heard conflicting stories about the regular FP kiosks being closed out the end of October, so let us know, okay? And emjoy your trip. I'll be watching, always watching...

Oh I'll let everyone know. I'm very interested, as I've been told it's no problem to pull regular FP as well as use the FP+, so ...

Also:

I'll be watching, always watching...

hahahahahahahaha :rotfl: I just can't get Roz out of my head!! Love that movie! I think I'll put it on tonight!

I would hope and assume your FP+ would be fine... They're sort of like a dinner reservation and those don't go anywhere if you change resorts. At least that's how I see it! So here's hoping they continue to stay right where they are for you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would hope and assume your FP+ would be fine... They're sort of like a dinner reservation and those don't go anywhere if you change resorts. At least that's how I see it! So here's hoping they continue to stay right where they are for you.

So, I logged on to MDE today and saw this:

My NEW check-in hotel, and my HS FP+! So, it looks like the transfer over worked just fine! :banana:

Now, to remember my MB when I go to Florida!

I was super disappointed to go look at easywdw this morning and see that overall crowd predictions for my week have increased.

I travel on off seasons because I want less crowds, and because of a usually-only-slightly-affecting medical condition I deal with. I am desperately hoping I can do this trip without needing the GAC/DAS as I thought I could, but with crowd projections going up and up and FP- becoming endangered, I just don't know what's going to happen now.

That being said, here's my Wednesday plans:

Originally, I was going to head to AK for EMH and then go back to the resort for a rest/nap before hitting up MK at night. My FP+ are at MK this night; I have BTMRR, HM, and SM.

But now that I'm staying here:

I might change it up a little in the morning. I will probably still try to make it to AK, as I'd like to ride D!, EE, and see ITTBAB.

(I held my camera up and took this picture behind me on EE; it always cracks me up!):

But I'll probably head out to HS or Epcot after that for a bit before heading back to BWV for a swim or nap. I still plan on being at MK that night; my two favorite nighttime parks are Epcot and MK, and I'll be closing the night 2x at Epcot and 2x at MK on this trip. Man, I wish my trip was longer now!

My favorite park to open is MK:

But I only plan on doing it once: Friday. After a midnight close at MK for MVMCP. Egh, I don't know how that will work out for me, but I'll try. Maybe I will just throw AK out the window and not go at all - but I do really like EE, D!, and ITTBAB. :( Too many decisions!

If I could, I would open each park once. Right now, I'd be opening AK Wed, HS Thurs, MK Fri. But I like to sleep in and relax on departure day since I'm leaving so late that night and can't come back to the room to sleep! So I won't open any park on Saturday. I haven't been to an Epcot opening in many, many years at this point (probably since the 90s, at least).

And if I could, I'd close two nights Epcot, one MK, and one HS. As it is now, I am closing Epcot two nights and MK two nights. So that's not too bad. I just love HS at night and I really won't get to see it much. :( I could possibly skip Illuminations at Epcot that first night and just close HS, but then I would be sad I missed out on Illuminations. :laughing: I am just a bundle of indecision! On the other hand, it will be my first day, so as long as I wear my running shoes I could always stay at HS until around 7:30 and then take a fast jog to Epcot and still get about an hour in there!

I think I will have to decide on the fly!

My NEW check-in hotel, and my HS FP+! So, it looks like the transfer over worked just fine! :banana:

Yeah!!! So, so, SO glad your FP+ transferred over! The pixie dust continues!

I was NOT so, so, so happy to hear that there is buzz of removing all FP- so soon! With our upcoming trip during the crazy week of Christmas, not having access to FP- would really hurt. I'm going to have to keep an eye on that! Perhaps a trip over to the Rumor board . . .

In response to your inquiry as to our upcoming surprise trip - I can't believe I haven't spilled the beans yet. DS10 and DD8 are going to be over the moon. But probably not as over the moon as me! My plan is send them on a scavenger hunt Christmas morning. (Since this is the only gift they'll be getting from DH and me, I want to kill some time, too. They'll have Santa gift and gifts from all the relatives, but there will likely be much less under the tree than usual. Which is a good thing.) Anyhoo - at the end of the scavenger hunt they're going to find new suitcases. Packed ones. With a note telling them to go get dressed because we're leaving for the airport!!!! Really hope I can pull it off. We booked the trip way back in January. It has been my own personal torture keeping it a secret.

FWIW, I think you're right not to extend your trip. With so much pixie dust coming your way - you don't want to jinx it! Lol! Enjoy it for what it is - a quick budget trip, and save all the good stuff for next year. :-)

Yeah!!! So, so, SO glad your FP+ transferred over! The pixie dust continues!

I was NOT so, so, so happy to hear that there is buzz of removing all FP- so soon! With our upcoming trip during the crazy week of Christmas, not having access to FP- would really hurt. I'm going to have to keep an eye on that! Perhaps a trip over to the Rumor board . . .

I was really excited too! I checked this morning as well, and they're all still there with my checkin being at BWV, so I think I'm good! I will just take everything and a printout of my FP+ with me so that they can try to work their magic if it doesn't work at the park.

As for FP-, I hope that they are just dialing back FP at this time of year to see how it affects lines and complaints, and then will go back to "normal" to get through the holiday season. It would be complete folly to have this system "down" during one of the absolute busiest times of the year.

In response to your inquiry as to our upcoming surprise trip - I can't believe I haven't spilled the beans yet. DS10 and DD8 are going to be over the moon. But probably not as over the moon as me! My plan is send them on a scavenger hunt Christmas morning. (Since this is the only gift they'll be getting from DH and me, I want to kill some time, too. They'll have Santa gift and gifts from all the relatives, but there will likely be much less under the tree than usual. Which is a good thing.) Anyhoo - at the end of the scavenger hunt they're going to find new suitcases. Packed ones. With a note telling them to go get dressed because we're leaving for the airport!!!! Really hope I can pull it off. We booked the trip way back in January. It has been my own personal torture keeping it a secret.

FWIW, I think you're right not to extend your trip. With so much pixie dust coming your way - you don't want to jinx it! Lol! Enjoy it for what it is - a quick budget trip, and save all the good stuff for next year. :-)

Wow, how on earth have you kept the surprise since JANUARY? Wow, there's fortitude for you! But I guess you HAD to book back then to be sure to get a room at Christmastime! I think the scavenger hunt is super cool; do they ever watch the surprise youtube videos? Will they have any idea that it's for a Disney trip? I always thought that surprising kids with a Disney vacation would be so much fun ESPECIALLY when they've already been and know how much fun it is to be there! And to be like "alright, then, let's go NOW!" is just SO SO SO EXCITING. I wish someone would do that to me as an adult. ;)

Back when I was really young, my whole blended family went to WDW (my parents, my sister, and my two brothers). We always drove from S. IL and brought a pop-up camper, so we did a ton of stuff offsite. On this trip, my mom and dad didn't tell my siblings that we were going to WDW, just to Florida (I knew we were going to WDW), so we spent time all over Orlando (we always went and played putt-putt) and the beach. My mom kept encouraging us not to spend our souvenir money and I had no problem saving it (since I knew) but my older brother got mad that she kept telling him to hold on to his money and took it all to the arcade at the campground and spent pretty much every dime. Imagine how he felt the next morning when she woke us up and said "surprise, we're going to Magic Kingdom today!" That's when he told her that he spent all his money! :scared1: He was NOT happy with that surprise!

Yes, I think it's best not to extend my trip too. I'd like to, but with holidays coming up, multiple birthdays, close at work, two trips to STL to see family for the holidays, and my trip next year, I will be happy with the pixie dust I've been doused in! :bitelip:

So, I logged on to MDE today and saw this: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/t... Report Album/November 2013/untitled.png.html My NEW check-in hotel, and my HS FP+! So, it looks like the transfer over worked just fine! :banana: Now, to remember my MB when I go to Florida!

Yay!!! :banana:

I was super disappointed to go look at easywdw this morning and see that overall crowd predictions for my week have increased.

Noooo! Don't tell me that! I'm so spoiled from always going in September I don't want to think about crowds!

Yay!!! :banana:

Noooo! Don't tell me that! I'm so spoiled from always going in September I don't want to think about crowds!

Yes, seeing the crowds go from 2-4 to 4-6 hurt. :sick: I haven't been in a 4-6 crowd level since I started going back to Disney in 2010. I am not happy with it. But fortunately, my favorite rides are mostly short lines regardless, or move fast (Mexico ride, TTA, HM, ToT, SE). For rides like EE, RnRC, and TT, I can go through the single line. Only rides I'll be unable to do are PP, TSMM, SM, etc without FP+.

I can only hope this means parks will be open later - but for my week, I doubt it.

I just logged into My Disney Experience to pay the balance of my upcoming trip and found out we can customize Magic Bands!! OMG I am sooooooo excited. Seriously, this made my day!! Now, I have a tough choice of what color to choose. I know my husband will get the blue, but torn between pink and red.

I just logged into My Disney Experience to pay the balance of my upcoming trip and found out we can customize Magic Bands!! OMG I am sooooooo excited. Seriously, this made my day!! Now, I have a tough choice of what color to choose. I know my husband will get the blue, but torn between pink and red.

I am not a pink girl, but I really liked that color pink. And I saw the red in videos and thought it looked great too! Red will be my next color ... I think!! Just think what colors you'll be wearing

The blue is really nice too. They're all very vibrant colors I think, and the green looks really good in person! Of course, I had to peel off the gray part but even with the gray they LOOK really nice to me.

Don't forget to look and see if you can FP+... They never told me I could online, but I had to call to link my UT tickets and they mentioned it then.

I ended up getting the red, because it matches with my outfits! haha. My husband end up getting the blue. It looks like we can do the Fast Plus+....this weekend going to sit down and figure that out. This vacation cannot come soon enough!!

I ended up getting the red, because it matches with my outfits! haha. My husband end up getting the blue. It looks like we can do the Fast Plus+....this weekend going to sit down and figure that out. This vacation cannot come soon enough!!

Aw the red! I really wanted that one too!

I go back and forth so much - sometimes I'm ready to go on vacation TOMORROW and then sometimes I wish it was a little further away so that I had some more time to look forward to it. :rotfl:

Where are you guys staying??

I took the whole week off from work, so I will get a very nice vacation!

I got red for my magic band but I must admit that I changed my band color as much as I changed my FP times..... geez, I just couldn't settle on one! :joker:

I bet you are getting excited!

I got red for my magic band but I must admit that I changed my band color as much as I changed my FP times..... geez, I just couldn't settle on one! :joker:

I bet you are getting excited!

I am! A lot going on here. I had a good friend get married today (her reception is tomorrow) but she is in Europe and I couldn't go. :( Then I have another friend getting married tomorrow; I'll be at that one. Today is close (I'm just pausing at the DIS right now for a minute and then the rest of the day will probably be too busy to check back).

I just found out this morning that a family member is in the hospital, so I'll be thinking of him non-stop today - he's in the scary process of trying to beat pancreatic cancer. Yes, I know not many do that, but he's gonna. ::yes:: Please, no comments about the low percentages of people that do - we know all the statistics, but he is really doing very, very well, he had the cancer removed without it spreading to his lymph nodes, and there is a lot of prayer on his side.

You know, I didn't waver once from my FP+ choices! I chose them all at once, and that was that! I thought twice about not getting a PP FP+, but I figured I'd be doing RD one day and I would just ride PP then. So I have mostly HM, SM, and BTMRR - though I wonder if I should have done ONE for Splash.... :confused3 I don't know what the weather will be like; will I even WANT to ride Splash?

In three weeks, I'll be almost done with my trip. Crazy.

Your loved one can most definitely beat cancer!! Anything is possible! pixiedust: I'll be praying for him!

Have a great weekend!

Have fun at the wedding and enjoy the rest of the planning/packing to come

we booked our FP+ and we are not planning on changing anything either...mostly because we will not be traveling at a low crowd time so we have to make the most of it

Ha, I read the books pretty quickly once I got them (I read on my tablet at work at lunch, so I add more reading time in!). That is definitely the problem once someone gets a popular series going - it doesn't belong to them anymore, it belongs to the fans, and they can be demanding! I remember being ANGRY at Jean Auel waiting for another Earth's Children book to come out! Actually angry at her!

I feel like those authors have more of a responsibility to write faster a bit more than others - or face the wrath of their fan-dom!! Once something takes on a life of its own like that series does, not keeping up with it is a mistake - especially with a tv series behind it. Wonder if there will ever be a game...

We DID make the World Series, so I'm super happy about that! I'm also a Steelers fan, so my fingers are crossed for the Steelers in the Super Bowl. A girl can dream, right? :rolleyes:

You get so attached to the characters! I NEED to know what happens to them!

Hey, I'm a Bills fan and I firmly believe we'll be in the Super Bowl :goodvibes

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sending prayers and pixie dust for your family member.

Your loved one can most definitely beat cancer!! Anything is possible! pixiedust: I'll be praying for him!

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for the positive wishes. We will take all the prayers we can get! He's still in the hospital, but hopefully will be out early next week.

Have fun at the wedding and enjoy the rest of the planning/packing to come

we booked our FP+ and we are not planning on changing anything either...mostly because we will not be traveling at a low crowd time so we have to make the most of it

I'm definitely enjoying the time before the trip, even more so because I have that entire week off. I'll leave work on the 8th and won't have to go back until the 18th. CAN.NOT.WAIT.

I haven't been in a busy season since probably the early 90s; I'm hoping November isn't too bad.

You get so attached to the characters! I NEED to know what happens to them!

Hey, I'm a Bills fan and I firmly believe we'll be in the Super Bowl :goodvibes

Sending prayers and pixie dust for your family member.

The thing about Game of Thrones is they just seem to kill off whoever. Once you start to root for them, they're dead. lol! I just wonder if Daeneyrs is going to be the only one who survives... everything. hahahaha

Steelers are not looking too good, but we've still got the whole season in front of us (mostly), so you never know what will happen.

Thank you for the prayers; even one is appreciated. I know this cancer is very, very deadly, but he has already burst out of the gate father ahead than most cases you hear about. It was caught early, the ******* procedure worked for him, and no cancer spread to his lymph nodes. He's a good man; his family needs him; so he's gonna make it. :thumbsup2

Edited to add: Oddly, the name of the procedure was starred out! It is a procedure where they basically unhooked everything and rehooked everything back together (he lost his gallbladder in the process). Not sure why it was edited!

I've been back from my friend's wedding for a bit now; everything was beautiful and it was very lovely. The bride was, of course, stunning. Also, the food was very good and unusual for a wedding - it was a panko-encrusted chicken breast that was just the right temperature, served with a twice baked potato and mixed veggies. We also had an open bar, so I was drinking Sam Adams Oktoberfests tonight. Very nice time!

I came home to my Cardinals being embroiled in controversy. I don't understand baseball rules enough to know exactly what's going on, but I'm sure in the next hour or so about 100 sports writers will be discussing it so I hope to have an opinion soon. :lmao:

I'm still so stinkin' excited to stay at BWV; I just can't believe my luck. Even though I would have enjoyed Pop, I just can't fathom that my trip changed so much in such a short amount of time. I'm looking forward to it FAR too much. :laughing: I can't wait to get a much, much needed break down at WDW!

I'll be back tomorrow with a break down of day 3!

Glad the wedding went well, the meal sounds really nice!
Hmm controversy on the ball field eh? I can't say that I keep up with baseball at all but I'd be interested to hear what's happening.
I absolutely can't blame you for being so excited for BWV! I would be too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter