I'm going to Disneyland --- PARIS!!!

We already know who our Guides are going to be! :cool1: We're getting Landon and Adam as our Adventure Guides. Has anyone traveled with either of them?

We had Landon 2 years ago on QFTW and Adam last year for K&L. Both are great. I think you are probably getting 2 of the best ABD guides. Say hi to them from Dave and Colin.

"For those who have done Knights & Lights, do you have a motorcoach you can leave things on, like a backpack, light jackets, etc?"

The answer is only part of the time. You do have buses but a lot of times they drop you off like at Harrods and give you a tube ticket back to the hotel. A jacket in the UK will be needed. In France who knows what the weather will be. There is a bus to Versailles, the Louvre and and the Eiffel Tower which you can leave things on but sometimes the afternoon on your own starts wherever you are.

For me, a camera, a jacket, a little cash and an ATM card is all I carried on the tours. Have fun and go to "THE SHIP" in London for a Spitfire.
I guess I'll plan to mostly just carry my travel purse and maybe wrap a jacket around my waist. :) Heaven knows what the weather is going to be like! Thanks, beachcat.

I concur with beachcat. Sometimes you could leave stuff on the coach and sometimes you couldn't. I would suggest keeping the "day bag" small and light. The crowds can be large and personal space doesn't seem as respected as much on that side of the pond. Some in our group carried heavy purses and large backpacks, but I would think that would make the experience somewhat uncomfortable. I carried a small purse with just a few essentials, and still my neck/shoulder area was bothering me a bit.

Have a great time!
Smaller is definitely better. I'd rather not carry stuff if I can get away with it! Thanks, beansf.

We had Landon 2 years ago on QFTW and Adam last year for K&L. Both are great. I think you are probably getting 2 of the best ABD guides. Say hi to them from Dave and Colin.
Cool! I've had some great Guides on my trips so far, who have set the bar pretty high! It's great to know that Landon & Adam are up to the challenge! ;) I'll definitely pass on the greetings!

Sayhello

For those who have done Knights & Lights, do you have a motorcoach you can leave things on, like a backpack, light jackets, etc?

Any last minute advice???

OMG, I'M GOING TO LONDON & PARIS!!!!

Sayhello

I'm so happy for you going on this trip! We LOVED it when we did it, and it wasn't the special Dis one so you know it's going to be even better.

*There's a coach sometimes but not always. I did a small purse and pretty much wanted my jacket all the time as I stayed cold.

*We took a train down to Hampton Court. It was awesome. Very worth the trip if you're a Tudors fan

*In France on dinner on our own we ate at The Impala Lounge which was very near the hotel and a rec from our guide. It was the best food on our trip. The waitress didn't speak a word of English really, but was kind and patient anyway. When the head waiter found out we spoke English he came over and introduced himself and made sure our travel plans were all taken care of and had a few recs himself for things not to miss.

*Also discovered that some of the restrooms I used were unisex. As in you walk out of the stall and start washing your hands next to a dude. I know it's silly, but my face has never been so red. I was so worried I was in the wrong place truthfully. But I wasn't! :rotfl:

*The lunch at Platform 51 at the Eiffle Tower is not good. Just so you know. When we were there there were SO many people pushing around to get up the tower I kinda wished we had just ducked out and headed up on our own instead of sitting at the table.

*Behind Notre Dame if you just follow around the side of the church is a little garden area and some benches next to the river if you need a little spot to take a break. I was running on fumes on this day and it was great to just take a load off for a bit and rest my feet and try to quiet my mind. It's just all so much beauty (and information) to take in!

*Disneyland Paris *sigh* is so beautiful. The landscaping is the best in any of the parks I've been to so far, IMO. They actually have seasons there! We saw cast members is "real" costumes and not the light weight stuff they wear in FL. It makes the Pirates folks look very pirate-y. Pirate cast members had pistols and swords too!

*They are not as concerned about lighting in the parks as they are in the States. Some of the line areas getting to the rides are super dark. I had to put my hands on my DH's shoulders and let him lead me I know for sure on Pirates and going to see the Dragon, but I can't remember if there were others. I would use the light on my cell now or maybe take a small flashlight. It was dark leaving the park and going through their DTD back to the hotel too.

*These folks do not line up well for parades or for character photos. I really wanted a photo of Robin Hood who comes out in the parks over there. I wound up having to take a photo of him in a parade because the crowd of people (big mob) were so close to him that you couldn't get a good photo. No one really seemed to have a handler at all. I was kinda worried for the fur characters as it really looked like they could be pushed over by accident. Think one big screen left the day after Thanksgiving at Walmart and you'll have the mood! The parade viewing was equally a pain with the pushing and the people. Hopefully being on the special add on with the Dis these will not be problems for you. I hope so!

You're going to have the best time ever! :yay: I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

Sayhello, I'm in London now, just finishing up my week. You are going to have a blast! The weather has been on the cool side, but hot inside buildings, tube stops, and on trains. I've dressed in layers and feel like I've put them on and stripped them off 50 times each day! Tee, light cardi, light jacket have worked well, though today it rained and was in the 50s, so I was glad I'd thrown in a fleece pullover at the last minute. other than today, it's been sunny and pretty. All the green and flowers has been a gorgeous contrast to how gray it was here in January.

Buckingham Palace was really amazing. They did a great job with "the dress." I can't remember if you got royal day out tickets or not. If you did, the thing to know is that your timed entry is just for the Queens gallery. You can go into the palace at any time with this ticket. But, you exit the palace a good ways from the gallery and royal mews, so they suggest you do those two first, then the palace. On the other hand, if your entry time for the gallery was in the afternoon, it would be easy to tour the palace, go to lunch, then come back for the rest If you just got palace tickets, you may have an entry time for that. There is such chaos around the entry gates that they were asking people to line up 30 minutes before their time, to then be let into a holding period. They were turning away people who missed their time by an hour. ( that I heard, not sure what would happen if you were only a few minutes late.)

Oops, the iPad posted before I was done! Anyway, just wanted to wish you an amazing trip. I know you will have a blast!

Oh, and also to say that I think you said you are staying near Waterloo station. If you end up with extra time, that is quite near the Globe Theatre recreation This was one of our favorite things. If you go in the morning, they will give you a tour of the theatre. At any time, you can take in the excellent exhibition. Really neat.

Can't wait for your trip report! Safe travels to you!

I'm so happy for you going on this trip! We LOVED it when we did it, and it wasn't the special Dis one so you know it's going to be even better.

*There's a coach sometimes but not always. I did a small purse and pretty much wanted my jacket all the time as I stayed cold.

*We took a train down to Hampton Court. It was awesome. Very worth the trip if you're a Tudors fan

*In France on dinner on our own we ate at The Impala Lounge which was very near the hotel and a rec from our guide. It was the best food on our trip. The waitress didn't speak a word of English really, but was kind and patient anyway. When the head waiter found out we spoke English he came over and introduced himself and made sure our travel plans were all taken care of and had a few recs himself for things not to miss.

*Also discovered that some of the restrooms I used were unisex. As in you walk out of the stall and start washing your hands next to a dude. I know it's silly, but my face has never been so red. I was so worried I was in the wrong place truthfully. But I wasn't! :rotfl:

*The lunch at Platform 51 at the Eiffle Tower is not good. Just so you know. When we were there there were SO many people pushing around to get up the tower I kinda wished we had just ducked out and headed up on our own instead of sitting at the table.

*Behind Notre Dame if you just follow around the side of the church is a little garden area and some benches next to the river if you need a little spot to take a break. I was running on fumes on this day and it was great to just take a load off for a bit and rest my feet and try to quiet my mind. It's just all so much beauty (and information) to take in!

*Disneyland Paris *sigh* is so beautiful. The landscaping is the best in any of the parks I've been to so far, IMO. They actually have seasons there! We saw cast members is "real" costumes and not the light weight stuff they wear in FL. It makes the Pirates folks look very pirate-y. Pirate cast members had pistols and swords too!

*They are not as concerned about lighting in the parks as they are in the States. Some of the line areas getting to the rides are super dark. I had to put my hands on my DH's shoulders and let him lead me I know for sure on Pirates and going to see the Dragon, but I can't remember if there were others. I would use the light on my cell now or maybe take a small flashlight. It was dark leaving the park and going through their DTD back to the hotel too.

*These folks do not line up well for parades or for character photos. I really wanted a photo of Robin Hood who comes out in the parks over there. I wound up having to take a photo of him in a parade because the crowd of people (big mob) were so close to him that you couldn't get a good photo. No one really seemed to have a handler at all. I was kinda worried for the fur characters as it really looked like they could be pushed over by accident. Think one big screen left the day after Thanksgiving at Walmart and you'll have the mood! The parade viewing was equally a pain with the pushing and the people. Hopefully being on the special add on with the Dis these will not be problems for you. I hope so!

You're going to have the best time ever! :yay: I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!
Wow! Thanks for all the great info!!! I can't believe I'm leaving TOMORROW!!! Your info is *very* helpful!

Sayhello, I'm in London now, just finishing up my week. You are going to have a blast! The weather has been on the cool side, but hot inside buildings, tube stops, and on trains. I've dressed in layers and feel like I've put them on and stripped them off 50 times each day! Tee, light cardi, light jacket have worked well, though today it rained and was in the 50s, so I was glad I'd thrown in a fleece pullover at the last minute. other than today, it's been sunny and pretty. All the green and flowers has been a gorgeous contrast to how gray it was here in January.

Buckingham Palace was really amazing. They did a great job with "the dress." I can't remember if you got royal day out tickets or not. If you did, the thing to know is that your timed entry is just for the Queens gallery. You can go into the palace at any time with this ticket. But, you exit the palace a good ways from the gallery and royal mews, so they suggest you do those two first, then the palace. On the other hand, if your entry time for the gallery was in the afternoon, it would be easy to tour the palace, go to lunch, then come back for the rest If you just got palace tickets, you may have an entry time for that. There is such chaos around the entry gates that they were asking people to line up 30 minutes before their time, to then be let into a holding period. They were turning away people who missed their time by an hour. ( that I heard, not sure what would happen if you were only a few minutes late.)
I'm definitely planning on layers. Thanks for the suggestion of the fleece. I have a couple I can toss in.

We did get the Royal Day Out tickets. The timed part is at 10am, so we'll be doing that first, and then figure out the rest!

Oops, the iPad posted before I was done! Anyway, just wanted to wish you an amazing trip. I know you will have a blast!

Oh, and also to say that I think you said you are staying near Waterloo station. If you end up with extra time, that is quite near the Globe Theatre recreation This was one of our favorite things. If you go in the morning, they will give you a tour of the theatre. At any time, you can take in the excellent exhibition. Really neat.

Can't wait for your trip report! Safe travels to you!
I am staying near Waterloo Station. I will definitely try & get to the Globe Theatre! Thanks for that info.

Just let Irene stay out of my way... :worship:

Sayhello

Wow! Thanks for all the great info!!! I can't believe I'm leaving TOMORROW!!! Your info is *very* helpful!

I'm definitely planning on layers. Thanks for the suggestion of the fleece. I have a couple I can toss in.

We did get the Royal Day Out tickets. The timed part is at 10am, so we'll be doing that first, and then figure out the rest!

I am staying near Waterloo Station. I will definitely try & get to the Globe Theatre! Thanks for that info.

Just let Irene stay out of my way... :worship:

Sayhello

Where are you flying from and do you have a connecting flight?

Where are you flying from and do you have a connecting flight?
I'm flying from Columbus, OH and connecting in Toronto, Canada. So far I'm OK, unless a plane or crew gets stranded or something like that. I am SO glad none of the connections through New York or DC worked out.

Sayhello

I'm flying from Columbus, OH and connecting in Toronto, Canada. So far I'm OK, unless a plane or crew gets stranded or something like that. I am SO glad none of the connections through New York or DC worked out.

Sayhello

Great have a great trip, I was worried as they are closing the NY metro airports at noon tommorow as well as shutting down mass transit. Have a great trip and take lots of pictures ( I know you will)

Great have a great trip, I was worried as they are closing the NY metro airports at noon tommorow as well as shutting down mass transit. Have a great trip and take lots of pictures ( I know you will)
Thanks, Tozzie! That's definitely the plan!!! :cool1:

Sayhello

Sayhello

You are connecting through my hometown:goodvibes:goodvibes!! It is an amazing airport (I hope you connect through Terminal 1)!!

I hope you have an AMAZING time and I can't wait to read about all your adventures!

You are connecting through my hometown:goodvibes:goodvibes!! It is an amazing airport (I hope you connect through Terminal 1)!!

I hope you have an AMAZING time and I can't wait to read about all your adventures!
I've never been to Toronto, so it's nice to know the airport is nice! (I really need to visit your hometown sometime soon!)

Thanks, and I can hardly wait to write a Trip Report about a FABULOUS trip! :goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip, Tobi! Take lot's of photos. ;)
Thanks, Bobo912! You KNOW I'll take tons of photos!!! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

If you have a chance to get online, let us know you got there safely! Irene wasn't so bad on us, but it has wreaked havoc on plane plans! We'll be praying for a safe and wonderful trip for you!

If you have a chance to get online, let us know you got there safely! Irene wasn't so bad on us, but it has wreaked havoc on plane plans! We'll be praying for a safe and wonderful trip for you!
I'm at the B&B in Winchester! Free WiFi! Made it fine. My flight was delayed about two hours, but we made it here fine. I had to bus to Winchester, and then spent the afternoon wandering the town. Weather is lovely! High 60's, cloudy & sunny alternating. Checking out the Cathedral and Jane Austen's house tomorrow.

Say hello

I'm at the B&B in Winchester! Free WiFi! Made it fine. My flight was delayed about two hours, but we made it here fine. I had to bus to Winchester, and then spent the afternoon wandering the town. Weather is lovely! High 60's, cloudy & sunny alternating. Checking out the Cathedral and Jane Austen's house tomorrow.

Say hello

I am so glad to hear you got to your destination safely.

Say hello

Great that you made it out with minimal inconvenience. Have a great time. London and Paris are so rich in history and there is so much to do. I'm sure you'll want to go back. I know we do.

I am so glad to hear you got to your destination safely.
Thanks, Tozzie! :)

Great that you made it out with minimal inconvenience. Have a great time. London and Paris are so rich in history and there is so much to do. I'm sure you'll want to go back. I know we do.
Thanks, RSM. I imagine I'll want to, also!

Sayhello

Just popping in to say 'Hello!!!' from LONDON!!!! Gloomy but dry weather, lots to see! Can't wait to write the report (well, actually, I can wait a while, because I don't want this trip over any time soon!!!!)

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter