I'm going to Disneyland --- PARIS!!!

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
So it's official now! I'm signed up for Dreams Unlimited's exclusive departure of ABD's Knights & Lights trip! The big difference here is that DU worked with ABD to extend the trip to actually include an extra 2 days/2 nights at Disneyland Paris! And it's actually included in the ABD. As in, the Adventure Guides will be staying with us, and acting as our Guides for DLP! We'll have VIP access, private tours, special character meals, etc.

It's a pricey trip (the "regular" K&L is pricey to begin with!) but if you figure out what the trip would have cost with the regular Disneyland Paris "add-on", it's really not that much more expensive, and it's far superior! (The add-on gives you a room, your tickets & VIP fastpasses. But you are on your own. No tours, no special access, no character meals, etc.) I'm really looking forward to this. I don't speak a word of French beyond "Merci", and just can't imagine ever going to Paris *or* Disneyland Paris on my own.

The tour is Sep. 2 - 10, 2011. Not looking forward to another flight to Europe so soon after the Med, but I don't think I'd manage a transatlantic ocean crossing either, so I'm gonna have to fly! ;)

Sayhello

Congratulations!!!! That sounds awesome! I would love to take that trip. Maybe someday DU will arrange one during the summer.

That sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe they'll do it again next year in the summer! That trip is high on my list of ABD adventures I'd like to take!

Wow, that sounds great! We are probably going to add a couple of days at DLP to our K&L trip in July, but I am leaning towards booking it myself since the ABD price seems crazy-rageous!

Congratulations!!!! That sounds awesome! I would love to take that trip. Maybe someday DU will arrange one during the summer.
It happened with the Backstage Magic trips, so there's always a chance! Heck, I expect to see it as ABD's "Signature" Knights & Lights trip for 2012...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe they'll do it again next year in the summer! That trip is high on my list of ABD adventures I'd like to take!
I've been "planning on" taking this trip for a while. This opportunity was just too good to pass up! As I said to Bobo912, it's always a possibility!

Wow, that sounds great! We are probably going to add a couple of days at DLP to our K&L trip in July, but I am leaning towards booking it myself since the ABD price seems crazy-rageous!
Yes, the ABD price is definitely high. Their add-ons are frequently crazy-expensive!

:goodvibes:wizard:That is great! You are definately a VIP,Sayhello:goodvibes:cool1:
Aw, shucks! :blush:

another trip report to look forward too. :cool1:
Heheheheh! :cloud9: Cripes, I need to finish the current one! :eek:

Sayhello

awesome awesome awesome!!! Did I mention this was AWESOME!!

So excited for you and I cant wait for the trip report! Countdown begins....now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BTW SayHello...did this get you any of those swanky gift cards or maybe a notch in the o'l VIP club:lmao::lmao: I mean I am asking a serious question just out of curiosity.

awesome awesome awesome!!! Did I mention this was AWESOME!!

So excited for you and I cant wait for the trip report! Countdown begins....now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Thanks, HG! :goodvibes I think it's awesome, too!

BTW SayHello...did this get you any of those swanky gift cards or maybe a notch in the o'l VIP club:lmao::lmao: I mean I am asking a serious question just out of curiosity.
I did not get the Gift Cards. Since this is an exclusive TA departure, it was not one of the trips that qualified for the Gift Card. That always seems to happen to me!!!! If I had done this trip last year with Dottie, it would not have qualified for the free cruise, either!

And this VIP thing is so ridiculously random. I can't imagine it's made any difference in that. :rolleyes:

Sayhello

Sounds simply awesome, Sayhello! You'll have a great time. DLP is a beautiful park and I have fond memories of the little time we spent there a few years back. And Knights&Lights is a GREAT trip!

If you have any questions, etc. - let me know!

Sounds simply awesome, Sayhello! You'll have a great time. DLP is a beautiful park and I have fond memories of the little time we spent there a few years back. And Knights&Lights is a GREAT trip!

Yes, be sure to read KLondon's trip report - it really helped me plan when DD and I did Paris on our own last year!

DLP was fun, but would be even better as an ABD with guides and special access. The other visitors were brutal! Line etiquette is very different in Europe, apparently.

Thanks, KLondon! Your trip report was definitely one of the "pushes" towards this trip. It *does* sound great!

Yes, be sure to read KLondon's trip report - it really helped me plan when DD and I did Paris on our own last year!

DLP was fun, but would be even better as an ABD with guides and special access. The other visitors were brutal! Line etiquette is very different in Europe, apparently.
I have read his report, but it was a while ago, so I'm definitely going to have to re-visit it. I know "queues" were totally different in England when I was there way back when. I imagine France is even *more* different! I'll be glad to have those Guides on my side!

Sayhello

Well, believe it or not, my DIS Knights & Lights trip is a week and a half away! I'm still in denial. I've started making little piles of things like adapters and spare batteries and extra prescriptions, but I am so not ready to even think about what to pack, let alone actually doing it!!!! I have some euros, some British pounds, my passport, tickets to Buckingham Palace & the Ceremony of the Keys, dinner plans for one of our "evenings on our own", tickets for the bus from Heathrow and the train from Winchester. But I just feel like I AM NOT READY!!! Man, I'm glad I'm doing the pre-days I am, but having to actually PLAN for them is driving me nuts! I'm SO SPOILED by ABD. :confused3

For those who have done Knights & Lights, do you have a motorcoach you can leave things on, like a backpack, light jackets, etc?

Any last minute advice???

OMG, I'M GOING TO LONDON & PARIS!!!!

Sayhello

Have a GREAT time!
Thanks, *WDW*Groupie*. A GREAT time is definitely on the itinerary!!

We already know who our Guides are going to be! :cool1: We're getting Landon and Adam as our Adventure Guides. Has anyone traveled with either of them? On *top* of that, we are getting a special 3rd Guide: Fred. Fred is the European Coordinator for ABD! How's that for service??? :woohoo:

They've already told us a couple of things they have planned for us, so that we didn't over-plan our free time or duplicate for our pre-days. We're going to have lunch at Harrod's buffet. The Guides have also promised to take us by the Harry Potter "Platform 9 3/4" at St Pancras Station on our way to catch the Eurostar, so we can have our corny pictures taken with the trolley there. :dance3: And at Disneyland Paris, we're having breakfast at Walt's Restaurant (it isn't normally open for breakfast at all, so this is apparently pretty exclusive!) Lunch is at a secret location... :yay:

So far, that's all they're saying beyond the normal itinerary. I'm so looking forward to this!!!!

Sayhello

"For those who have done Knights & Lights, do you have a motorcoach you can leave things on, like a backpack, light jackets, etc?"

The answer is only part of the time. You do have buses but a lot of times they drop you off like at Harrods and give you a tube ticket back to the hotel. A jacket in the UK will be needed. In France who knows what the weather will be. There is a bus to Versailles, the Louvre and and the Eiffel Tower which you can leave things on but sometimes the afternoon on your own starts wherever you are.

For me, a camera, a jacket, a little cash and an ATM card is all I carried on the tours. Have fun and go to "THE SHIP" in London for a Spitfire.

I concur with beachcat. Sometimes you could leave stuff on the coach and sometimes you couldn't. I would suggest keeping the "day bag" small and light. The crowds can be large and personal space doesn't seem as respected as much on that side of the pond. Some in our group carried heavy purses and large backpacks, but I would think that would make the experience somewhat uncomfortable. I carried a small purse with just a few essentials, and still my neck/shoulder area was bothering me a bit.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter