I'm driving my husband (and everyone around me) crazy!! ... Apirl 23-30, 2013

Think I got the RCI thing figured out. However, I can't get his weeks deposited online. For some reason his home resort makes you call to deposit instead of clicking that all convenient button.

Disney related ... Not much. lol Just counting down the days. All I really have to do is get my Photopass+ ordered before I leave. At 82 days, I still have plenty of time.

Hi there! I just stumbled on your report and LOVE the title! I know how it is to obsess over and plan a vacation and drive the whole world NUTS!

We will be at WDW April 8-13...just before you arrive!

You are so brave to travel with so many people! I have some control issues :rolleyes2 and I think the lack of it would really be hard. My niece and nephew and their baby are joining us for a few days and I already feel a bit nervous about it!

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm over from the April 2013 thread.
Large family gatherings are always crazy. I can't imagine planning one with DH's family instead of mine. Granted, his family is considerably smaller than mine, and they never go anywhere...
We did a trip a few years ago, when there were 11 of us. Since you don't want any negativity on your thread, I won't talk about it.:rotfl2:

Really it's all about expectations, and realizing that you can't control what other people do.

PS That luggage tag thread is so much fun. I wanted to do put together something fun, but inexpensive, to send with to my sister for our trip. That might be exactly what I need.

Hi there! I just stumbled on your report and LOVE the title! I know how it is to obsess over and plan a vacation and drive the whole world NUTS!

I do my best to not talk about it around the Hubs. However, at times I forget myself. Then I get the dreaded eye roll. Thankfully, my Mom asks about the plans at least once a week. ;)

We will be at WDW April 8-13...just before you arrive!

You are so brave to travel with so many people! I have some control issues :rolleyes2 and I think the lack of it would really be hard. My niece and nephew and their baby are joining us for a few days and I already feel a bit nervous about it!

Not being in control of the plans was disturbing at first. Still irritates me at times that I was asked then disregarded. Then I remember, even though there are 18 of us, I can only control two others. So, outside two group dinners, I'm going to pretend there are only three of us. lol

Can't wait to hear more!
I'm over from the April 2013 thread.
Large family gatherings are always crazy. I can't imagine planning one with DH's family instead of mine. Granted, his family is considerably smaller than mine, and they never go anywhere...
We did a trip a few years ago, when there were 11 of us. Since you don't want any negativity on your thread, I won't talk about it.:rotfl2:

No negativity is terribly difficult!

Really it's all about expectations, and realizing that you can't control what other people do.

That's exactly it. I know I can control the Hubs and my nephew, outside of that ... Not my problem ... At least I keep telling myself that. lol

PS That luggage tag thread is so much fun. I wanted to do put together something fun, but inexpensive, to send with to my sister for our trip. That might be exactly what I need.

They'll love them! I made them for some family friends. Gave them to them on Christmas Eve and they used them on their trip the first week of January. They even made it in to their trip scrapbook. :D

Hubs let me speak of Disney today. It was in a food capacity. I read him the menus of the places we'll be eating. I believe he's actually looking forward to the food. At least it's something!

Planning
My step-broher-in-law's fiance has their ADRs all set up. Got that taken care of last week. I don't know where they're eating, but I know she's excited about getting that taken care of.

My Dad-in-law continues to tell me to call my sister-in-law and help her. She messaged me on facebook with some questions. I've answered them all and provided her with links. She said she'd call when she had time. So, it has fallen into the *Not my Problem* realm. I'm not a baby sitter, just an information provider.

My step-sister-in-law went the easy route and asked me to add her and her kids to my ADRs. So, I did. A few times had to change, but was able to still get the same places for the meals I wanted. I just hope it means we'll see them for meals everyday and not I'll have to wait around on four other people every day. :faint:

Hubs let me speak of Disney today. It was in a food capacity. I read him the menus of the places we'll be eating. I believe he's actually looking forward to the food. At least it's something!

Planning
My step-broher-in-law's fiance has their ADRs all set up. Got that taken care of last week. I don't know where they're eating, but I know she's excited about getting that taken care of.

My Dad-in-law continues to tell me to call my sister-in-law and help her. She messaged me on facebook with some questions. I've answered them all and provided her with links. She said she'd call when she had time. So, it has fallen into the *Not my Problem* realm. I'm not a baby sitter, just an information provider.

My step-sister-in-law went the easy route and asked me to add her and her kids to my ADRs. So, I did. A few times had to change, but was able to still get the same places for the meals I wanted. I just hope it means we'll see them for meals everyday and not I'll have to wait around on four other people every day. :faint:

Food is my DH's approachable Disney topic as well. He LOVES eating at Disney.

I tiptoed around the "adding last minute people" problem on my extended family trip by scheduling ADRs for off-peak times. My sister and her family were wishy washy about joining us for things, and we managed to add 3 people to a Sci Fi Dine-In reservation at the last minute, and still got to sit in cars, because it was right after they opened.

From what I understand, they don't care so much about some people not showing up for ADRs anymore, as long as one person does, they'll consider the reservation honored, and not charge the $10/person for no shows, or make you wait longer for a change in party size. (I haven't tested it, but that's what I've been told)
I suppose that doesn't help you if they simply habitually show up 30 minutes late for everything, and want to be accommodated.

You are so good and patient! Coming up on our 4th trip with almost 20 people and having done so many reservations, now I am at a point where I just send out emails saying "This is where we will be, you are more than welcome to join us." :)

Food is my DH's approachable Disney topic as well. He LOVES eating at Disney.

I tiptoed around the "adding last minute people" problem on my extended family trip by scheduling ADRs for off-peak times. My sister and her family were wishy washy about joining us for things, and we managed to add 3 people to a Sci Fi Dine-In reservation at the last minute, and still got to sit in cars, because it was right after they opened.

From what I understand, they don't care so much about some people not showing up for ADRs anymore, as long as one person does, they'll consider the reservation honored, and not charge the $10/person for no shows, or make you wait longer for a change in party size. (I haven't tested it, but that's what I've been told)
I suppose that doesn't help you if they simply habitually show up 30 minutes late for everything, and want to be accommodated.
I was wondering that about the *no show* ADRs. Though, I'm pretty confident my step-sister-in-law will. They will probably be with us all day, as long as I'm not made to wait for them. I'm not above going and doing my own thing then meeting them all (Hubs included) for our ADR's. lol

You are so good and patient! Coming up on our 4th trip with almost 20 people and having done so many reservations, now I am at a point where I just send out emails saying "This is where we will be, you are more than welcome to join us." :)
I'm hoping that's how this trip goes. Here are our ADR's. See you or we won't. ;)

Killing time ...

So, I'm in my *off* season of wedding photography. I have a few portrait sessions that pop up here and there, though, nothing quite as time consuming as a wedding can be. To occupy myself throughout the day I take out my camera and phtoograph things around me that I'm drawn to. So far I've only done this around my home, my Mom's home, and my office. It's become quite fun! I thought I'd share what I've come up with over the last two weeks or so ...

i-MjBfBtd.jpg

Notice a theme? Pink and Disney is what I notice. lol

I love the globe and the pink embroidered lace! Beautiful! :)
Thanks! The lace is one of Mom's curtains. The globe was my Pap's, who died 30+ years ago. He gave it to my brother when he was little. It's pretty old. I LOVE it. It's in my office, and I hope he never remembers to take it home. We both work for the family business. So, he does get to see it every day too. I just don't want him to take it home. lol

Ordered this from the Disney Store online today for the Hubs for Valentine's Day to wear when we go. You know, because he LOVES Disney so much. ;)

Those who know him know how funny this is. :p

I just found your PTR thru another TR because we are going the same time you'll be there. We will be in the world 4/24-5/4. Not sure of our resorts yet as we are renting points and waiting and hoping for our waitlist at Beach Club goes thru.

My DH doesn't like to hear all about Disney all the time either. He leaves all tue planning to me and on the drive down starts giving his input:eek: Normally I've booked what he asks for like an ADR at Cape May but last time he wanted a princess meal for our DD4. Luckily there was an opening so he got his wish. Other than that he just goes with the flow and enjoys seeing Disney thru our girls eyes.

I can't believe that you are going to WDW with soo many people! I'm going in Aug with 9 people and I know that will be a lot. I hope that you all have a great time and I can't wait to hear more about your planning process!

Love the shirt! LOL!
Amazingly, he got a kick out of it as well!

I just found your PTR thru another TR because we are going the same time you'll be there. We will be in the world 4/24-5/4. Not sure of our resorts yet as we are renting points and waiting and hoping for our waitlist at Beach Club goes thru.

My DH doesn't like to hear all about Disney all the time either. He leaves all tue planning to me and on the drive down starts giving his input:eek: Normally I've booked what he asks for like an ADR at Cape May but last time he wanted a princess meal for our DD4. Luckily there was an opening so he got his wish. Other than that he just goes with the flow and enjoys seeing Disney thru our girls eyes.
I hope you get the Beach Club!

We don't have kids. However, since we're taking my nephew, who's 4, I hope that Hubs will be able to enjoy it with him. He was only 2 the last time we took him. This time I'm pretty sure he'll be more fun and able to entertain the Hubs. lol

I can't believe that you are going to WDW with soo many people! I'm going in Aug with 9 people and I know that will be a lot. I hope that you all have a great time and I can't wait to hear more about your planning process!
I can't believe it either. The most I've gone with is 6 previously. This'll be quite the adventure. If there's drama, I'm just going to go off and hide in the Magic Kingdom. :p

I haven't done much along the lines of planning. I've actually been getting my brother ready for his honeymoon. He was married in September. They're leaving for a cruise on Sunday, February 17. They leave this evening though, be there tomorrow sometime. They're driving to Clearwater, FL, staying until Sunday morning, then on to Tampa to board their cruise for a week. Neither of them have passports. So, I told them 120+ days ago they'd need their birth certificates. Middle of last month, he tells me he just remembered he doesn't have a state certified birth certificate. Really? Good grief. So, we ordered one, expedited and all. Still was not here on Tuesday. Luckily he drove to the *local* (two hours away) office to get one, waited three hours, got it in hand, drove home (two hours) to find that UPS had delivered his. lololol

Anyhow, got him his boarding passes, luggage tags, excursions all booked, etc. Now I'm charging the batteries for my underwater camera so he can take it with him. I can't wait to hear all about his trip when he gets back!

Also, I've had two newborn/baby sessions. I'm really getting the hang of these, I think. They really require a lot of patience. lol I'd actually only done one before. Then BAM, two this week. Here's a small sample, along with a picture of my sister's horse, Hank the Tank, who turned 11 yesterday.

i-LdjGLGm.jpg

My DH didn't have his birth certificate when we planned our cruise either....that sounds very familiar. Except, lucky for us, we started earlier!

You are very talented! Love the little cowboy boots! :goodvibes

My brother is into his third day on his cruise. I haven't heard from him since he texted me a picture of them pulling out of Tampa on Sunday.

On the planning front ... I'd been reading about the awful water at Disney, which apparently I just don't remember from previous visits. I'd seen it suggested to purchase filtered water bottles. So, why not.

Just ordered from Amazon.com
41WMyj3I6jL._SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_PIcountsize-3,TopRight,0,0_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_.jpg

I have NO intention of carrying a purse. I only intend to carry my camera. Hubs will have a backpack. I said about buying him one, he kindly reminded me that he has one ...
51WAUGiIHUL.jpg

I bought it for him a couple years ago and completely forgot about it. I was thinking more Disney'esque. However, that will surely not happen. lol

I figure the bottles will fit in the pouches on the outside. I'll probably only carry two at a time. Logan can share with me and the Hubs. I'll have my zoom lens in the backpack, extra memory cards, batteries, sun tan lotion, maybe a change of clothes/shoes for Logan? I'm going to have to look into what others suggest. Any ideas?

Outside of that, no other planning at this time.

I haven't done much along the lines of planning. I've actually been getting my brother ready for his honeymoon. He was married in September. They're leaving for a cruise on Sunday, February 17. They leave this evening though, be there tomorrow sometime. They're driving to Clearwater, FL, staying until Sunday morning, then on to Tampa to board their cruise for a week. Neither of them have passports. So, I told them 120+ days ago they'd need their birth certificates. Middle of last month, he tells me he just remembered he doesn't have a state certified birth certificate. Really? Good grief. So, we ordered one, expedited and all. Still was not here on Tuesday. Luckily he drove to the *local* (two hours away) office to get one, waited three hours, got it in hand, drove home (two hours) to find that UPS had delivered his. lololol

Anyhow, got him his boarding passes, luggage tags, excursions all booked, etc. Now I'm charging the batteries for my underwater camera so he can take it with him. I can't wait to hear all about his trip when he gets back!

Also, I've had two newborn/baby sessions. I'm really getting the hang of these, I think. They really require a lot of patience. lol I'd actually only done one before. Then BAM, two this week. Here's a small sample, along with a picture of my sister's horse, Hank the Tank, who turned 11 yesterday.

I don't think DH had ever even saw his birth certificate until our sophmore year in college, when we were preparing to study abroad. I say that because he told me at least once that he was born in New Mexico, and when we got his birth certificate from his mom, it said he was born in Kansas.:rotfl2:

I don't know why, but I find it hilarious that he didn't even know where he was born until he was 20 years old, when I was in possession of my birth certificate when I was probably 14.

My brother is into his third day on his cruise. I haven't heard from him since he texted me a picture of them pulling out of Tampa on Sunday.

On the planning front ... I'd been reading about the awful water at Disney, which apparently I just don't remember from previous visits. I'd seen it suggested to purchase filtered water bottles. So, why not.

I have NO intention of carrying a purse. I only intend to carry my camera. Hubs will have a backpack. I said about buying him one, he kindly reminded me that he has one ...

I bought it for him a couple years ago and completely forgot about it. I was thinking more Disney'esque. However, that will surely not happen. lol

I figure the bottles will fit in the pouches on the outside. I'll probably only carry two at a time. Logan can share with me and the Hubs. I'll have my zoom lens in the backpack, extra memory cards, batteries, sun tan lotion, maybe a change of clothes/shoes for Logan? I'm going to have to look into what others suggest. Any ideas?

Outside of that, no other planning at this time.

Hey! If he's willing to lug around all the stuff, let him choose his own accessories :thumbsup2
I'm really considering filtered bottles for this trip. The water and ice at the Disney restaurants tastes fine, but the water fountain stuff is awful. I usually bring flavoring to try to mask it, but I even get sick of that after a while. I also hate the taste of most bottled water.

I'm a very light packer at Disney, so I'm not much help there. When we took DS at 3 months old, there were times when I only brought my hipster with a few diapers, some wipes, a spare onesie, a camera, a small thing of sunscreen, money, and my park ticket with my water bottle hanging on the outside. Since we take breaks, I don't feel the need to take much more than that when we go to the parks.
I've seen parents who load their kids strollers down with a diaper bag and every other piece of gear imaginable, and I feel sorry for them. I'm all about comfort, when I'm at Disney.
We'll probably pack a bit more this time around, but I'd still like to keep it as light as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter