Im done with BLT TOWL

Disney planned from day one to use TOWL as a selling feature to market BLT.

It doesn't have a kitchen so they are limited on what can be served.

Disney already knows what they intend to do with the lounge and viewing deck.

All we can do is wait and see. My guess is that they will close the lounge to Members and the public and that they will open the viewing deck up to anyone staying at BLT.

:earsboy: Bill

There were many posters here who knew from day one that the TOTWL would end up much like The Attic at BWV.

It will be available to rent for parties.

People staying at BLT will not be able to use it.

This is speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that I, and many others here, are right.

This is the end of the current TOTWL.

The staff needs to step it up.

The reason you have been exiled to Siberia is you have to work on your skills as a wait staff member.

I don't care about 18% or 20% on Vacation I care about service and for good service I will give 25% +and round up to the next dollar for ease of math.

But I will only give 10% for poor service so the waitress can wonder what he/she would have received for good service.

We were there last Thursday and ****** couldn't have moved slower if she tried.

This is an old post. We enjoy TOTW. I rarely drink alcohol, but with friends or DH, I've gone up, had a drink, enjoyed the fireworks. It is the ONLY bar at WDW that I've been to...except to listen, hear Bob Jackson!

We were there last Thursday and ****** couldn't have moved slower if she tried.

So you recieve what you consider not so stellar service and you call out the server by name on a public forum? Classy! :thumbsup2

Just curious, is there a public internet forum about your work location where we can all critique your job performance?

Everyone, including cast members, have bad days. However to tell the hard working cast members that work at BLT have been exiled to Siberia? Then call out the server by name. I just don't understand the logic

If you had a negative experience there are other ways to handle the situation.

Personally I love the TOWL. I'm a night owl....my family, not so much. Our stays at SSR I try to stay at the springs so I'm close to a lounge when everyone else falls asleep, buts still a walk. Our OKW stay? Forget it. It would take 20 minutes by bus to get to the bar by the pool at night...and even then it was tiny. I love being able to walk out if the room take the elevator up and sit and enjoy a drink staring at the MK. One of my favorite places to just sit and soak in that I'm relaxed and on vacation. Can't wait to enjoy a drink With my father up there next month.

Menu I don't care for very much, and some finger foods would be nice but not neccesary. We don't go up there to eat.

... Our OKW stay? Forget it. It would take 20 minutes by bus to get to the bar by the pool at night...and even then it was tiny. ...

Then you should have walked. It only takes about ten minutes to walk from anywhere.

:eek:...egads...just curious , are you a dvc member or guest?

& if so , where & how did you purchase? your response seem
to go against what i expect from most here.

cm are people too. we have encountered people problems
@ the parks , & cruises....never saw any benefit in using
a projecting/blaming attitude./// i can't help but wonder,
if you have done a lil'problem solving & let "helped" her
with your expectations.....i bet she would have met your requests...
better.

i agreed with the original op., wings sound so good right now!
...dvc "gave" the towl to blt owners....so it will be for there
until owners are gone. if things were done right, then blt would
have some input about the operations....for ex.,,, the area is
so large....perfect place to build a platform for children to
see.

I see nothing wrong with calling out a cast member on here. We mention CM's by name when they do an amazing job so why not if they do a poor job? Many podcasts, including the DISUnplugged mention poor performing CM's by name in their dining reviews.

Although the poster should also send an email to Disney describing their experience. I send off notes to guest relations all the time, but it's usually glowing reviews of an experience I had.

I used to be a server, there's no excuse for poor service. That's what you're getting paid to do. If you're having a bad day, suck it up. Just my two cents.

I see nothing wrong with calling out a cast member on here. We mention CM's by name when they do an amazing job so why not if they do a poor job? Many podcasts, including the DISUnplugged mention poor performing CM's by name in their dining reviews.

Although the poster should also send an email to Disney describing their experience. I send off notes to guest relations all the time, but it's usually glowing reviews of an experience I had.

I used to be a server, there's no excuse for poor service. That's what you're getting paid to do. If you're having a bad day, suck it up. Just my two cents.

It IS the policy of the DVC Boards to NOT post the names of CMs when making negative comments. The CMs do not post on the DISBoards and make comments about how awful of a customer Mrs. Doe or Mr. Smith may be. That is also against our posting policy.

I see nothing wrong with calling out a cast member on here. We mention CM's by name when they do an amazing job so why not if they do a poor job? Many podcasts, including the DISUnplugged mention poor performing CM's by name in their dining reviews. Although the poster should also send an email to Disney describing their experience. I send off notes to guest relations all the time, but it's usually glowing reviews of an experience I had. I used to be a server, there's no excuse for poor service. That's what you're getting paid to do. If you're having a bad day, suck it up. Just my two cents.

So you can hide behind a screen name and attack. LOL.

I see nothing wrong with calling out a cast member on here. We mention CM's by name when they do an amazing job so why not if they do a poor job?

Because you know nothing about the circumstances of the situation. Disney often pulls servers from one location to another for staffing issues. How would you like to be plucked from your job and put in a new job, then have your performance judged on the internet?

I think it was in either October or July, DH & I were up there, and I think there was only 1 server, or at least only one server in our rather large, crowded area. The bartender noticed us...came over, explained the situation, took good care of us.

I am uneasy with the idea of posting CM names here for a negative review.

I'm not for posting names but I've always had what I consider poor service from servers at TOTWL and have mentioned that before. Virtually empty lounge when I'm up there since I tend to go at times other than the fireworks and they CM's stand and talk to each other while I've twiddled my thumbs waiting for an order to be taken or to reorder. Once I finally just skipped a second drink. Let's just say that I don't exactly doubt that the poster received poor service.

Last time I sat at the bar and for the first time had very good service.

I'm not for posting names but I've always had what I consider poor service from servers at TOTWL and have mentioned that before. Virtually empty lounge when I'm up there since I tend to go at times other than the fireworks and they CM's stand and talk to each other while I've twiddled my thumbs waiting for an order to be taken or to reorder. Once I finally just skipped a second drink. Let's just say that I don't exactly doubt that the poster received poor service.

Last time I sat at the bar and for the first time had very good service.

As posted in the past, the best servers/bar CM's work in the high cost, busy locations making great tips.

A server at TOTWL told me a couple of years ago that she got stuck working there while they were waiting for it to close. I guess Disney is making enough money to keep it open for now. Looks like letting non-BLT staying members visit has helped delay it's closing.

Then you should have walked. It only takes about ten minutes to walk from anywhere.

It's a pretty far walk to sit and have a drink.....especially with no place to sit. At OKW it was too far to go get my wife a drink and bring it back since the kids were in bed. I like that it's in the building. Just personal preference. I'm not an OKW fan at all. We all have our preferences.

On the other note here.....Calling someone out behind a computer screen by name when you don't even post your own is the biggest scumbag move ever and it's why it's against DIS policy. Far too easy to act tough and say things online hiding behind a screen that you might not say to someone's face. But that's the internet these days:confused3

I may be in the minority... but...

We are BLT members and purchased the first day. Our names are on the fountain.

I would love for it to be open to all DVC members. We went there a couple of times when it was just open to BLT and it was empty, dead - nothing going on, horrible service. If watching the fireworks was that important to me on a trip, I just book a theme park view room (which I did for our stay this past October) instead of counting on going to the TOTW lounge. If I ever went to TOTW, it would be for a lounge experience, maybe to grab a bite to eat. They need more options for that, though.

My worry is that they will close TOTW, or even worse - make it a special events facility. Personally, would love for them to expand offerings, maybe have more interesting flatbreads since that seems to be a theme at CR. Perhaps a cheese tray, or even antipasta or a salad - in other words, another meal option that works with cocktails. They could even serve there what they serve at the Cove pool bar VERY easily.

Just my .02....

I may be in the minority... but...

We are BLT members and purchased the first day. Our names are on the fountain.

I would love for it to be open to all DVC members. We went there a couple of times when it was just open to BLT and it was empty, dead - nothing going on, horrible service. If watching the fireworks was that important to me on a trip, I just book a theme park view room (which I did for our stay this past October) instead of counting on going to the TOTW lounge. If I ever went to TOTW, it would be for a lounge experience, maybe to grab a bite to eat. They need more options for that, though.

My worry is that they will close TOTW, or even worse - make it a special events facility. Personally, would love for them to expand offerings, maybe have more interesting flatbreads since that seems to be a theme at CR. Perhaps a cheese tray, or even antipasta or a salad - in other words, another meal option that works with cocktails. They could even serve there what they serve at the Cove pool bar VERY easily.

Just my .02....

Currently it is open to all members staying at WDW. In the end members don't make the decisions, Disney does. After BLT sold out DVD had no reason to keep TOTWL open. Disney who profits from TOTWL is currently keeping it open. They could close the lounge and keep the viewing area open or close everything.

Only time will tell.

Thanks for the correction... TBH, I haven't really been paying that much attention to who is allowed in TOTW lounge (i.e. DVC or all of WDW) because honestly, we just don't go. We would make more of a point to go if they had better food offerings, but I guess it is what it is.

I just do hope they figure something out and keep it open, and it doesn't go the way of Ariels/Odyssey, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter