I'm Done!!! Too Many Changes We Don't Like

I enjoyed FP+ the two trips I used it. I am an RD person anyway so, I tend to ride what I want as many times as I want in the AM. FP+ was great for attractions that are busy later in the day.

Charging CC for ADRs, I've done Character dining where it's the norm. It's too easy for people to make an ADR on MDE and then not show.

I do hope Disney will make exceptions for people with extenuating circumstances (plane delays, sick children, etc.)

You again. :rotfl2:

Of course it might be a headache but I don't think so. I LOVE to plan for new places - always have.

Oh come on ... you'd miss me if I didn't respond. ;)

I'm going to haunt all the "overseas vacation planning" boards and wait for someone who says, "Man ... I thought this was going to be fun, but here I've got the Louvre asking me to pinpoint exactly which day and what time I want to view the Mona Lisa. What's THAT all about?"

:rotfl2:

:earsboy:

Oh come on ... you'd miss me if I didn't respond. ;)

I'm going to haunt all the "overseas vacation planning" boards and wait for someone who says, "Man ... I thought this was going to be fun, but here I've got the Louvre asking me to pinpoint exactly which day and what time I want to view the Mona Lisa. What's THAT all about?"

:rotfl2:

That would only bother me if only certain hotel guests were allowed to schedule times and I had to wait standby. ;)

Quote: Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Uhhhhhhh....the title of this section is Theme Park Attractions and Strategies. I don't see Trip Planning in the title. .

The Theme park Attractions and Strategies forum is a subforum under the heading "Disney Trip Planning". Just look at the box at the top left side of this screen, where the thread name is listed.

DOH!!!!:banana:

They always have in the past for things that were "pre-paid" (Character dining, parties, etc). I can't imagine they'd stop that now.

My understanding is that it is up to cast member discretion, within limits. It was suggested to me, though not outright stated, that you have a good chance of getting an exception if you're the only one who wants one (ie sick child, plane delay) but not so much if there's a case where many families are asking the same (ie terrible weather, restaurant running way behind). And so far that's been absolutely consistent with our experience - when we wanted to walk away from a restaurant that was running over an hour behind in seating we were told in no uncertain terms that we'd be charged if we did, but when we cancelled a pre-paid ADR because of an illness we had no problems at all.

Are there some changes that I don't like? Yes. I'm not excited about the direction FP+ is heading (as I've made abundantly clear as a pretty vocal critic) and I'm not a fan of Avatar.

But, am I "done?" No way!

At the risk of ruining my reputation as an unhappy, bitter, cynical, anti-progress, grumpy, negative Nellie... here are some things that I'm really looking forward to:

Although I have big concerns that the FP+ system is going to severely reduce my FP opportunities, I do like the concept of being able to pre-book some things.

Even though I'm not a big Avatar fan (and I will never lose hope that Disney will eventually add an Australia section to AK), the concept art and the recently revealed model of the floating mountains look really cool, and the description of the attractions sound pretty promising too. And let's be honest. Even if you hated Avatar, it's got to be better than the waste of real estate that is Camp Minnie Mickey (with the exception of the Lion King show which is already moving).

There's talk of adding Star Wars Land and Cars Land to DHS! Awesome!

The Fantasyland expansion was just getting under way during my last visit... I'm looking forward to seeing the completed area (BOG and 7DMT especially).

I'm saving up for a DVD purchase at AKL in 2015 when I get back to the USA. Also planning a trip to Aulani for my 30th Anniversary! Poly DVC is something else to look forward to.

Even though a Marvel attraction is not possible in FL due to the Universal contract, there's talk of adding Marvel attractions overseas. HKDL is on my bucket list (as well as getting back to Tokyo to visit DisneySea).

Even the "Disney Springs" facelift for DTD means more new stuff to experience in an area that definitely needed some revitalization.

So whether FP+ turns out to be a boon or a boondoggle, there are lots of exciting new park expansions, etc. on the horizon. And I, for one, am looking forward to enjoying all of these things for years to come.

How's that for a dose of positivity? And I didn't even have to resort to PINK.

The main street bakery cherry turnovers were best after 40+ years they are gone I do not think the suits stopped there much.

Fast pass plus will work just fine and if I have to stand in line so what those are the best times to meet people and cartch up with family and friends. And I think that the stand by lines have moved much faster since the hour long return time is being enforced.

Are there some changes that I don't like? Yes. I'm not excited about the direction FP+ is heading (as I've made abundantly clear as a pretty vocal critic) and I'm not a fan of Avatar.

But, am I "done?" No way!

At the risk of ruining my reputation as an unhappy, bitter, cynical, anti-progress, grumpy, negative Nellie... here are some things that I'm really looking forward to:

Although I have big concerns that the FP+ system is going to severely reduce my FP opportunities, I do like the concept of being able to pre-book some things.

Even though I'm not a big Avatar fan (and I will never lose hope that Disney will eventually add an Australia section to AK), the concept art and the recently revealed model of the floating mountains look really cool, and the description of the attractions sound pretty promising too. And let's be honest. Even if you hated Avatar, it's got to be better than the waste of real estate that is Camp Minnie Mickey (with the exception of the Lion King show which is already moving).

There's talk of adding Star Wars Land and Cars Land to DHS! Awesome!

The Fantasyland expansion was just getting under way during my last visit... I'm looking forward to seeing the completed area (BOG and 7DMT especially).

I'm saving up for a DVD purchase at AKL in 2015 when I get back to the USA. Also planning a trip to Aulani for my 30th Anniversary! Poly DVC is something else to look forward to.

Even though a Marvel attraction is not possible in FL due to the Universal contract, there's talk of adding Marvel attractions overseas. HKDL is on my bucket list (as well as getting back to Tokyo to visit DisneySea).

Even the "Disney Springs" facelift for DTD means more new stuff to experience in an area that definitely needed some revitalization.

So whether FP+ turns out to be a boon or a boondoggle, there are lots of exciting new park expansions, etc. on the horizon. And I, for one, am looking forward to enjoying all of these things for years to come.

How's that for a dose of positivity? And I didn't even have to resort to PINK.
I like your style and totally agree. I'll only add that I'll be even more impressed when Disney actually breaks ground on any of this that doesn't involve more shopping and hotel rooms.

Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
I suspect that those who have been highly critical of staying onsite on this thread probably never really treated themselves to a WDW vacation. Staying Onsite, sleeping in, doing a larger Villa at a Deluxe, Table Service at least 1-2 a day, etc.

To each his own, but I can tell you this about me. I would never ever be able to say that spending 3 or more times more for a room onsite, when all I'm going to do is sleep in the room (with eyes closed) a treat. I consider a fun day in the parks a treat. I can't get that at home. I can get a bed to sleep in at home. If I'm going to line somebodies pockets with money it will be mine and not some unknown Disney executive come bonus time.

Or they have (or at least considered it long enough to price it out), and then looked at the cost and realized they could have traveled around Europe or laid on a beach in Hawaii or explored the rainforests of Costa Rica for the same money. I would never do Disney that way - there are other, more valuable travel experience that can be had for what we'd spend on that kind of trip. We enjoy WDW, obviously, but we're there for the parks. If I want to drop $400+/might for a relaxing resort experience there are a hundred other destinations that would be higher on my list.

Wouldn't it be nice if it were just $400.00 per night, but it is a lot more then that in a deluxe resort. I usually go solo since my divorce 12 years ago so paying that kind of money is just not going to float my boat. I did one year, not long ago, rent a 5 bedroom villa offsite with private pool and jacuzzi in a Florida room, with all the amenities for my 11 person family for $1700.00 for 7 days. I don't see how that can be beat and it was pure luxury only an easy 10 minute ride to anywhere in WDW.

A deluxe is not $400+ a night. We just stayed at BC and the price before the 35% discount was $325 a night. Still pricey but not more than $400 a night.

We were there this week and have not found any of the changes to be a problem. If anything it heightened our trip and experience. And from our friends and family ( and random people we have spoken to ), they felt the sane way.

If you don't like it don't come. It's pretty simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter