• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm Done!!! Too Many Changes We Don't Like

For all of the Uber Planners, do you vacation anywhere else other than Disney?
The reason I am asking is because if you love to plan so much doesn't it get less challenging the more you plan for the same place? I mean you already know what is there and where everything is located.

My wife wants to go someplace new every year. I end up doing the planning and while I don't hate doing it ,lets say I don't really love it either. I try to convince her to go back to a place we liked because it makes my planning life easier because I know the lay of the land so to speak.

I would plan the other vacations if I could, but it's much more difficult because there aren't as many resources—online and otherwise—as there is for a Disney vacation.

Everyone should just sit back and read the last 4 or 5 pages with an objective eye. There is so much back and forth!

I like the comments I see in various threads about value. Value is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

Also, I hope to plan a really fun trip overseas in the next few years. That one will require some work but it's all pleasant planning and not making appointments to ride themepark rides. Again, value as I see it.

Are you saying there is more demand at Disney because there is less supply?

Well no. There isn't more demand because of less supply...

There is a certain amount of supply. AKA the # of Tier1 rides Disney can process in a day.

There is a certain amount of demand. AKA the number of total rides that people in general would consume if they could ride it the number of times they want.

The gap between supply and demand is so incredibly huge because so many ppl want to ride the rides, yet a fixed number of ridings are possible.

At Universal, there are more rides per park and fewer guests (3 resorts vs 20+ resorts). Thus they can feasibly offer their 3 resorts worth of guests unlim access and still have capacity left for non resort guests.

At WDW, giving each guest in their resorts 3 rides practically consumes the ride capacity already. Making each riding therefore at WDW "worth more" than a similar ride at Universal.

Because many have said if Disney offered it as a pay to play they would pay.

Sure they would. But as stated before, Disney is politely saying "no thanks" we'd rather you just cough up for a room, cuz then we know in addition to paying for the FP, we have you roped into spending a lot more money w us on incidentals.

Also at Universal those not staying @ one of the 3 resorts can purchase unlimited so it would be a benefit to more than just those guests.

Yes, but again the Universal rides are not in AS HIGH a demand as the WDW rides so Universal can offer this. I'm not dissing Universal. I am really trying to work in staying there for 2 days cuz HP land is cool! Just that you don't have as many ppl the entire world over planning trips to Florida, USA to go to Universal like they do to WDW.

I would plan the other vacations if I could, but it's much more difficult because there aren't as many resources—online and otherwise—as there is for a Disney vacation.

you would be surprised, trip advisor is an excellent source.

Everyone should just sit back and read the last 4 or 5 pages with an objective eye. There is so much back and forth!

I like the comments I see in various threads about value. Value is truly in the eyes of the beholder.

Also, I hope to plan a really fun trip overseas in the next few years. That one will require some work but it's all pleasant planning and not making appointments to ride themepark rides. Again, value as I see it.
Agreed!!

Where are you going??

There is a certain amount of supply. AKA the # of Tier1 rides Disney can process in a day.

There is a certain amount of demand. AKA the number of total rides that people in general would consume if they could ride it the number of times they want.

The gap between supply and demand is so incredibly huge because so many ppl want to ride the rides, yet a fixed number of ridings are possible.

At Universal, there are more rides per park and fewer guests (3 resorts vs 20+ resorts). Thus they can feasibly offer their 3 resorts worth of guests unlim access and still have capacity left for non resort guests.

At WDW, giving each guest in their resorts 3 rides practically consumes the ride capacity already. Making each riding therefore at WDW "worth more" than a similar ride at Universal.

Sure they would. But as stated before, Disney is politely saying "no thanks" we'd rather you just cough up for a room, cuz then we know in addition to paying for the FP, we have you roped into spending a lot more money w us on incidentals.

Yes, but again the Universal rides are not in AS HIGH a demand as the WDW rides so Universal can offer this. I'm not dissing Universal. I am really trying to work in staying there for 2 days cuz HP land is cool! Just that you don't have as many ppl the entire world over planning trips to Florida, USA to go to Universal like they do to WDW.

It seems to me that the problem @ Disney is lack of tier 1 rides so that is a supply problem. I take it you don't enjoy thrill rides so your perception is that the rides @ Universal aren't as popular as the tamer Disney rides. I enjoy thrill rides so the rides @ Universal have more appeal to me. The headliners @ Disney are good but there just aren't enough of them. Different strokes for different folks.

you would be surprised, trip advisor is an excellent source.

I've used trip advisor, but it's no DIS. For example, about three years ago, I planned a trip to Vegas for my wife's birthday. Tripadviser was the best site I found for that trip.

There aren't that many sites that are full of information, photos, and forums. If there are, I just didn't think they were laid out very well, but that may just be because I'm so use to the (non-official) Disney sites. Or maybe it's just the level of devotion/fanaticism that is missing.

Originally Posted by maxiesmom

This Dis is like high school. The "cool" kids are the ones who bash Disney at every turn. Every issue is blown out of proportion. I picture those people as wearing leather jackets and smoking.

The "nerds" are the people that try and stay optimistic, and also those who follow the rules. They get that Disney is first and foremost a business and are selling us a product. One that we can buy or not buy. Those are the people that in my mind have cuffed jeans and nerd glasses.

Be careful! You are a part of that High School/Grammar School group you are placing others into. It has been a trend with your posting to "put people in their place" and argue your point to death. So I guess if we are going to label, that makes you a Dis bullly? How silly!!!!

Most people in this thread and others have been passionate, yet friendly about their feelings and concerns on the topic. Other than you (and possibly a few others), nobody is categorizing people as cool/nerdy/uncool. There are people who are "Disney Apologists" and feel that Disney can do no wrong. They are a corporation. You would rather attack people instead of calling out potential bad business moves. I don't like a lot of things Disney is doing lately, but I am still going to be there in 3.5 weeks. If all of us are bashing and hated Disney over changes, we would cancel our trips, expensive dinners, tours, hard-ticket events, etc. Please be mature about this and realize that everybody is not going to share your OPINIONS. Everybody has the same entitlement to their OPINIONS and feelings about things. You mistake passion for bashing.

After reading the first post, i was sooo going to write the same thing. "I understand change sometimes can be hard to take....but change is good!!! (unless your coke, If your Coke...change is sooo not good...Coke2 anyone???)

Ditto lol

And why does that disparity exist? Because while Universal was building new rides and enhancing their parks, Disney was simply building hotels and timeshares and thinking about how to pack their parks well beyond the limits of ride capacity.

You're assuming it will be pleasant planning because it's new and different. It might end up being a big ol' headache. ;)

:earsboy:

good-good-give-into-your-anger.jpg

The DIS is a great resource for other trips too... Just head over to the community or budget boards and ask about a destination. It might not be the point of the forum but we DISers are a pretty well-traveled and talkative bunch, so it isn't a bad place to start.

This Dis is like high school. The "cool" kids are the ones who bash Disney at every turn. Every issue is blown out of proportion. I picture those people as wearing leather jackets and smoking.;)

The "nerds" are the people that try and stay optimistic, and also those who follow the rules. They get that Disney is first and foremost a business and are selling us a product. One that we can buy or not buy. Those are the people that in my mind have cuffed jeans and nerd glasses.:p

This has got to be one of the top ten most ridiculous things I have ever read on the DIS.

I've used trip advisor, but it's no DIS. For example, about three years ago, I planned a trip to Vegas for my wife's birthday. Tripadviser was the best site I found for that trip.

There aren't that many sites that are full of information, photos, and forums. If there are, I just didn't think they were laid out very well, but that may just be because I'm so use to the (non-official) Disney sites. Or maybe it's just the level of devotion/fanaticism that is missing.

Did you use the trip advisor forum? Some are more active than others, depends where you are going. I would imagine one for vegas would be pretty active.

You do realize you can stay onsite without making ADR's, right?

I also don't understand "you can come and go as you please." How can you not do that if you stay onsite? (Unless you're not driving/renting a car; but you can always use a taxi).

Don't get me wrong; I think you get better accommodations for your money offsite, but staying onsite has nothing to do with making ADR's or your freedom of mobility.

Of course I realize that...but then what would be the purpose. Would it be to spend an exorbitant amount of money just for lodging? The food at the food courts in my experience makes McDonalds look like a 5 star restaurant, so eating there isn't exactly worth the effort, in my opinion. Even if it is something good, it's ice cold before you get to your table.

Yes, you can come and go as you please, IF YOU HAVE A VEHICLE, however, most people do the onsite thing to avoid driving and having to rent a car or thinking that because they are onsite they can get to their hotel or restaurant quicker then if offsite. I have proven that, more then once, to be a fallacy.

It is also my opinion that if you do have a vehicle, and you don't make ADR's then the whole reason for staying onsite is just to spend the extra money to sleep. I personally sleep better when I have saved money.

Be careful! You are a part of that High School/Grammar School group you are placing others into. It has been a trend with your posting to "put people in their place" and argue your point to death. So I guess if we are going to label, that makes you a Dis bullly? How silly!!!!

Most people in this thread and others have been passionate, yet friendly about their feelings and concerns on the topic. Other than you (and possibly a few others), nobody is categorizing people as cool/nerdy/uncool. There are people who are "Disney Apologists" and feel that Disney can do no wrong. They are a corporation. You would rather attack people instead of calling out potential bad business moves. I don't like a lot of things Disney is doing lately, but I am still going to be there in 3.5 weeks. If all of us are bashing and hated Disney over changes, we would cancel our trips, expensive dinners, tours, hard-ticket events, etc. Please be mature about this and realize that everybody is not going to share your OPINIONS. Everybody has the same entitlement to their OPINIONS and feelings about things. You mistake passion for bashing.

Well said :thumbsup2

This has got to be one of the top ten most ridiculous things I have ever read on the DIS.

It was meant to be silly. However most posters tend tho fall into one group or the other. Or even if they don't they are told they do. Defend anything Disney does and you are immediately labeled an Apologist. And mocked by people who seem to think they are cooler. All of this back and forth about people being apologists, or people being told to just not go to the parks is silly. Kind of my point.

People should be able to discuss whatever without resorting to name calling or stupid labels such as Disney Apologist or Morality Police, or whatever demeaning names people throw around so often on the Dis.

People should be able to discuss whatever without resorting to name calling or stupid labels such as Disney Apologist or Morality Police, or whatever demeaning names people throw around so often on the Dis.

Don't forget "Negative Nellie." :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter